• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 13 Comments

Let It Snow: a Hearth's Warming Collab - The Princess Rarity



A story of little winter-y holiday snippets - pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these wonderful tales!

  • ...
1
 13
 712

Carols - The Princess Rarity

"But Taaaavi, I don't wanna!"

Octavia let out a sigh, and shook her head. "Vinyl, will you please just go through with it?" she muttered. "I don't want to either, but it's a tradition in my family I would like to keep alive." She batted her pretty pink eyes and gave a small smile. "And you know how much family means to me~"

With a groan, Vinyl sat up on the couch and leaned over to place a light kiss on her wife's cheek. "You're lucky I love you," she said reluctantly. "But we're not staying out for too long. I don't wanna become a pony popsicle."

"Fair enough," Octavia chuckled, as she snuggled next to the unicorn, only for a sudden crash to be heard, thus ruining the moment. "Oh, goodness, what did they do this time?"

In ran their twin daughters, Melodie and Harmonia, both bestowing horrible poker faces.

"Mama, Mommy, the tree fell over!" they said in unison.

Suppressing the urge to laugh, Vinyl noted her wife's glare as a smile weaved it's way across the disk jockey's expression. "We'll fix it later, kids," she managed to say without laughing. "Go get your coats."

"Why?" Melodie questioned, cocking her head to the side in an adorable manner.

"Because Mama Tavi is boring and wants to go sing at random ponies' doors."

Rolling her eyes, Octavia released herself from her wife's grasp and got up from the couch. "It's not boring," she argued. "It's a wonderful way to spread the holiday cheer."

"And get frozen." Vinyl quipped.

"But I can't sing," Harmonia pouted. Unlike her mothers and sister, the younger of the two fillies wasn't musically talented - the odd one out of her family. "Can't we just go for a walk?"

Ruffling her daughter's charcoal mane, Octavia gave a hopeful smile. "Maybe not today, but someday, I'm sure you'll be able to sing," she assured. "And maybe if you all behave, we could go out for hot chocolate, and see Santa Hooves again."

This, of course, was enough to convince the two fillies to smile wide and dash out of the room, nearly trampling over one another to go grab their coats, and get out the door. After all, the sooner they'd go through with their mother's request, the sooner they would get to see everypony's favorite Hearth's Warming icon!

"Y'know, Octavia, we don't need to go out to sing," Vinyl mused.

With a raised eyebrow, Octavia looked over to the unicorn, and thought for a moment. "If you're suggesting what I think you are..." she muttered.

"And you say I'm the one with my head in the gutter," the DJ teased, as she got up from her seat, trotting over to her wife, lightly humming a very familiar tune to herself.

"Vinyl, please don't." Octavia murmured, just as her wife silenced her with a kiss. "I swear, sometimes, I think I married a child..."

"Child at heart," Vinyl joked, as she began to softly sing. "I really can't stay~"

"But baby, it's cold outside," the cellist crooned.

"I've got to go away..." the disk jockey smiled, nuzzling her wife.

With a playful roll of her eyes, Octavia relented and sang the next lyric. "But, baby, it's cold outside..."

"This evening has been-"

"-was hoping that you'd drop in."

"So very nice~"

The cellist's expression was beginning to melt, and she couldn't help but chuckle as Vinyl held her hoof. "I'll hold your hooves, they're just like ice..."

"My mother will start to worry,"

"Beautiful, what's your hurry?"

"My father will be pacing the floor-"

"Listen to the fireplace roar~"

"So, really, I'd better scurry..."

"Beautiful, please don't hurry," Octavia crooned just as she was about to lean in and kiss Vinyl, however, a certain burst of giggling from the doorway snapped the two lovers out of their trance.

There were Melodie and Harmonia, laughing at the sweet and adorable yet quite silly lovesick moment between their mothers.

"You two better run, or Scratchie the Windigo will get you!" Vinyl playfully threatened, giving a mock glare to her children, and the laughter only increased, as they ran down the hall, leaving their parents in peace once more. "Now, where were we?"

Octavia smirked, placing a quick kiss on her wife's cheek. "About to go out on the town with our children," she declared. "So get that look off your face." Despite her stern tone, there was a playful sparkle in her enchanting eyes. "Maybe when we get back, I'll warm you up."

"Yes, please," Vinyl chuckled.

Author's Note:

The song Baby, It's Cold Outside is not owned by the author of this prompt, however, the original characters of Melodie and Harmonia Philharmonica-Scratch are.