• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 13 Comments

Let It Snow: a Hearth's Warming Collab - The Princess Rarity



A story of little winter-y holiday snippets - pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these wonderful tales!

  • ...
1
 13
 712

Joke - Hydra

"Say 'ahhh', little one," Fluttershy cooed as she tried to spoon feed medicine to the baby bunny. Giving the bitter liquid a sniff he sneezed, startling the pegasus enough to spill most of it on the ground. Squeaking apologetically, he quickly slurped up the remaining medicine before Fluttershy gave him a gentle pat. "There you go," she congratulated as he yawned and padded back to the pile of dozing baby bunnies. Smiling warmly, a slight tug on her mane made her look down at hiss mother, who was offering her a carrot for the burrow call.

"You don't have to mama rabbit," she said as the rabbit chirped insistently, pushing it against her hooves. "Um. Well. If you insist. Make sure he gets plenty of rest and his cold should be all gone in the morning." Getting a quick nuzzle of thanks, the mother returned to her warm burrow, as the pegasus started the journey back to her cottage. These mid-winter calls weren't uncommon, especially after a thick blanket of snow covered the ground. Tucking the carrot into her saddle bag, Fluttershy took a few steps before lifting off. Although she didn't want to admit it, she'd been a little eager to get back to her cottage.

It had almost been a week since Fresh Air had moved into her home, making her feel like she'd taken a big step in their relationship. At first Discord and Angel seemed to have mixed feelings about the new resident, but they soon came around and accepted how important he was to her. It had been after a similar burrow call that she'd meet him, and it had been love at first sight. For the next few days they had met at the same spot, the two of them conversing for hours as they snuggled for warmth. His limbs had felt so strong, placed over her back and sheltering her from the frigid wind. It wasn't until after their tenth meeting that she'd finally mustered up the courage to ask if he wanted to move in with her. She'd felt ecstatic when he'd said yes. The next day, they'd met at their special spot so she could help him move all his stuff to her place. It had been a chore, but she'd never felt happier when he was finally settled in. Discord was staying in the guest room, but apparently Fresh was content staying in the living room.

Feeling bubbly, remembering the coy promise he'd made that morning, she put an extra burst of speed into her flight as her cottage came into view. Landing a few feet from the door, she gave herself a once over to see if her mane and tail were dirty, before opening the front door. What greeted her was the sight of Fresh sitting by the fire with a rather promiscuous popcorn outfit on, her favorite. Beside him, two glasses reflected the firelight, with a bottle of cider nestled in a bucket of ice beside them. Giving him a sultry look as she got closer, and putting an extra sway in her steps, she gently brushed her tail against him as she picked up a glass. "Looks like somepony spruced up," she said with a small giggle, pouring both of them a glass...


In the emergency room, Discord twiddled his thumbs guiltily under the four mares accusing look. Thankfully, due to Flutter's unexpected injury and Pinkie's understanding how an innocent joke can go bad, he hadn't been turned to stone, but he wondered if that would've stopped the guilt trip their pony friends were putting him through.

"You better hope she forgives you Discord," Twilight threatened, "because I definitely don't approve." Her horn sparked dangerously, telling him just how agitated his innocent prank had put her on edge.

"How was I to know she'd take it so seriously, miss uptight," he retorted, his voice oozing sarcasm as her eyes narrowed. "It was a Hearth Warming tree for goodness sake," his lips continued to move as his voice seemed to come from Applejack's Stetson, "how many ponies believe a tree is actually alive."