• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 13 Comments

Let It Snow: a Hearth's Warming Collab - The Princess Rarity



A story of little winter-y holiday snippets - pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these wonderful tales!

  • ...
1
 13
 712

Fire - IceboxFroggie

Fire.

The fire emanating from the fireplace warmed Twilight's face. It made her cares and worries dance away, like the small jets of fire that would jump from time to time from the fire. One had actually come close to burning Twilight's muzzle.

"Twilight?" Spike called. "I got the hot chocolate you asked for..."

"Give it here," she said, smiling.

He handed her the mug. "I put in some marshmallows, but they got soggy and sank to the bottom...." he said, looking at his feet. His hands were behind his back, but Twilight could tell he was twiddling his thumbs out of nervousness.

"That's okay, Spike," she said, taking a sip of the hot chocolate. "Things like that happen sometimes. Don't worry about them."

"Okay."

"Spike, are you okay?"

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"You seem...distant."

"I'm fine. Just...just tired, is all."

"Come here."

Spike complied. He sat down next to Twilight, his knees curled up to his chest.

"What's wrong, Spike? You can tell me anything."

"When was the last time you said 'thanks' to me?"

Twilight let the question sink in. It hadn't been in a while, she thought, suddenly feeling incredibly guilty.

"Twilight...do you appreciate me?"

"Of course I do!" She reached over, grabbed him, and pulled him close. "I appreciate you and everything you do. I couldn't do it without you."

"Really?"

"Really." She kissed his forehead.

He smiled, and hugged her back. Without saying a word, he made his statement.

And the two of them huddled there, watching the fire, letting their worries dance away with the small jets of fire that would pop up from time to time.

They were content.