• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 13 Comments

Let It Snow: a Hearth's Warming Collab - The Princess Rarity



A story of little winter-y holiday snippets - pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these wonderful tales!

  • ...
1
 13
 712

Gingerbread Cookies - Scantrel

"Wha...what do you mean they aren't right?" Spike asked, with a little quiver in his voice. The young dragon was dressed in an apron and chef's toque, holding a small tray of freshly baked cookies. His eyes brimmed with tears as he gazed up at the special pony to which he had devoted his afternoon in the kitchen.

Rarity coughed lightly, trying to hide her slight blush of embarrassment. "Oh Spike, I didn't want to sound rude, they certainly look delicious, but I don't think.."

"But I heard you telling Pinkie Pie about them!" Spike blurted out, interrupting Rarity. "How the smell reminded you of cooking with your grandmare as a little filly. How the crunch when you ate them reminded you of the sound of hoofprints being made in fresh-fallen snow."

Rarity blinked. "You must have overheard me at Sugarcube Corner this morning. You remembered all of that? And you made these just for me?"

Spike could only nod at this point, unable to say another word.

Rarity's eyes misted as well and she levitated the tray of cookies out of Spike's hands before levitating a tablecloth over a small table nearby that Sweetie Belle had used for drawing. Once the table was covered, Rarity set the tray down on it with her magic and reached out a hoof to cup the little dragon's cheek.

"Come to the kitchen with me, darling and help me make some hot chocolate. I would simply love to share some of these wonderful looking cookies with my Spikey-Wikey." Rarity gave Spike's cheek a little caress before letting go.

"Really?!" Spike gushed. A large smile spread over his face from side to side and his eyes grew wide with happiness.

"I insist." Rarity said with a smile.

"After you, my lady!" Spike said gallantly, bowing low.

Rarity graciously led the pair to the kitchen to get the things necessary for the hot chocolate. Once she had the milk warming on the stove she turned and said, "Thank you so much for the gingerbread cookies, Spike."

Spike's brow creased. "Ginger?...Oh! You mean Gemgerbread! And you're very welcome, Rarity!" Spike replied as Rarity levitated down two mugs from the cupboard.

I'll let Twilight correct him later. Rarity decided. She had to think how to discreetly enjoy the cookies without chipping a tooth.