• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 712 Views, 13 Comments

Let It Snow: a Hearth's Warming Collab - The Princess Rarity



A story of little winter-y holiday snippets - pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy these wonderful tales!

  • ...
1
 13
 712

Decorations - Scantrel

Twilight cast an appraising glance over the library to make sure everything was in its proper place. The books had been reshelved, the quills and parchments tallied and arranged, every last detail had been checked and rechecked meticulously, then triple-checked. With a nod of satisfaction, Twilight felt ready to undertake the next phase of the plan.

"Spike!" Twilight called toward the door leading to the basement. "Have you found the decorations yet?"

A small somewhat muffled voice drifted up from the stairs. "I think so, give me just a minute." the little dragon replied. True to his word, not long after, Spike came struggling up the stairs carrying a couple of large boxes of garlands, lights, and ornaments.

"Thank you, Spike." Twilight said. "Just put them down over by the door to the back room for now while I make a list of the decorating tasks." She gazed over at her assistant, to see a look of horror on his face.

"Better make it a cleaning list!" Spike exclaimed, dropping the boxes and putting his arms up over his head and ducking.

"Spike, what do you..." Twilight asked, somewhat startled.

*BOOM*

The window to the Library burst open as a blue blur came crashing through, managing to knock down an entire shelf of books.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight huffed to her marefriend. "could you please use the door at least once in a while? Look at this mess!"

Rainbow Dash sat up, rubbing a hoof over her head with a slight blush. "Sorry Twi! I just was in a hurry to get here. I wanted to give you your Hearth's Warming present early."

Twilight sighed a little and went to help Rainbow Dash back onto her hooves. "Whatever will I do with you?" she asked.

"Well, you can start by saying 'Hi'." Rainbow Dash grinned and leaned in to give Twilight a peck on the lips.

Twilight giggled and returned the kiss sweetly, pulling Rainbow Dash into a warm embrace. "Hi." Twilight breathed once their lips had parted. "I have an early present for you too."

Rainbow Dash's face lit up like a tree on Hearth's Warming Eve. "You do?! What is it?"

Twilight levitated over a broom and dust pan. "Here it is! And when you and Spike are finished, we'll start the decorating. I just need to finish my list." Twilight wriggled out of Rainbow Dash's forelegs to go get a quill and ink.

Rainbow Dash groaned, but took the broom and pan. "Early present...very funny, Twi. We're hanging the mistletoe first!" she called after Twilight defiantly.