• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 897 Views, 8 Comments

Sombra Dislikes Crystals - The Apologetic Pony



A story of Sombra's upbringing and how he came to be King of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
1
 8
 897

PreviousChapters Next
Sombra wants Crystals Made Out Of Flour

I know you said you weren’t angry, but do angry ponies have angry dreams?

Sombra was staring at the crimson starless Canterlot sky, with Luna staring at him.

‘Seeing you tomorrow am I?’ Sombra asked

‘Why’d you make the sky red?’

‘Well jee, tell me god.’

‘Homicidal impulses, a raging love, or just rage. I think you just told me which one it was.’

Sombra grew some impractically large fangs for himself.

‘But I’m not angry, Luna, why would I be? I’ve got you, I’ve got my loving mother, everything. I came up with a dumb idea and a dumb thing happened, but come on, that shouldn’t make the sky red.’

Luna got slightly taller.

What a dull metaphor.

‘Love, worry not, I’m the only other who can see it.’

‘What if you can’t handle me at my worst you don’t deserve me at my best and that dumb shit?’

‘I wanted to say that if you’re so inclined, to tell your mother tomorrow that I’ve got a place ready for a week from now. Sleep well, you angry pony.’

The ceiling was a bit less colourful that it typically was when he woke up. Like beige could ever be colourful. More grey then. That’d make it more colourful.

Through a mixture of apathy and forgetfulness, Sombra didn’t tell his mother what Luna had told him to, though he figured it was only the difference of an afternoon. And it is, to be fair. He blamed his grumpiness in the night on the decision to go see Tinker, and the overall weirdness that were dreams. At least I know that’s the real Luna, I guess.

When he got to the palace, Celestia was waiting where Luna normally would be.

There was something off. Apart from there obviously being something off. Celestia was positively grinning.

Um.

‘Um.’

Celestia didn’t let him get a word in, gesturing the way forward.

After several minutes of walking, they finally got to the top of one the spires.

‘You first.’ Celestia offered.

Sombra tentatively opened the door, which was already slightly ajar, and was swamped by a bucket of water.

‘Oh that’s so-’

And then he was covered in flour.

They were heartily laughing their wings off, though at least Sombra couldn’t hear anything with all the lovely gloop in his ears. They laughed even more when he tried to flick some of it at them, with no success.

‘You look like some mutated earth pony, Som-bra!’

Can’t believe I’d ever want an alicorn’s tongue for some not lewd reason.

Eventually, Luna was merciful enough to help get it out of his face with little magic.

‘God thanks, took you long enough.’

‘I could have done it faster, but I’d have to licked it off you.’

‘Yeah, ‘course.’

‘Somepony’s going to have fun cleaning this up.’

‘Nothing a little work can’t fix.’ she giggled.

‘I know I’m standing here, and I look silly as anything, but I didn’t take you for a practical joke kinda mare.’

‘It was all for the licking.’

Sombra grunted grumpily.

‘To be serious, my alicorn sized bath is ready for you in there.’

‘Thanks, I guess.’

As he plodded his way to the bathroom, out of nowhere, Luna smacked him on the rear.

Sombra stared at her for a long time before asking, ‘Are you drunk?’

‘No, now go take your bath, Som-bra.’

Sombra kept staring, curious as what she was going to do with the goop on her hoof.

‘What you think I was gonna eat it?’

She wiped it off with a conjured cloth. Sombra went to take his bath without another word. Hooray for this sludge hiding blushes.

The ornate bath was indeed big, but it still took Sombra some time to get himself clean, and many many towels.

‘Celestia gone?’ Sombra asked he walked out of the bathroom.

‘Long gone, you think I’d have smacked you otherwise?’

Sombra reeled at the thought of Celestia being there. Now able to see, he noticed this looked like Luna’s bedchamber, with plush cushions lining the bed she was lying on. The rest of the floury mess was gone too.

‘Just take this all as a welcoming gift, for moving into this marvelous palace of ours.’

Luna's tone had a bit of sensuality to it. Just a little bit?

‘Very standard, royal, formal welcome, of flour and water.’

‘Hey I don’t run a bath for just anyone you know.’

Giggling, Sombra sat on the bed. Luna’s wing quickly found its way round his back.

‘So for real, I can stay here?’

‘’Course! Well not here here, but I’ll show your room in a minute. You don’t even have to go back to see your mother if you want.’

Sombra hesitated, confused at how serious she seemed about that.

‘Er, anyway, I wanted to say that I’m sorry for being so weird in that dream last night. Sometimes I act just instinctively, because it’s so weird to think that dreams can have consequences, even though you’ve been in them for a long time now.’

Luna snuggled really close, or more like, had Sombra snuggle close, her head resting next to his purple cuitemark on his thigh.

‘That’s okay, I suppose. Most ponies treat their dreams as an extension of their thoughts, so of course it’s difficult to see it otherwise. But you weren’t even that weird, Som-bra, just angry. It’s okay to be angry sometimes.’

‘Not when it hurts you.’

‘Rip me to shreds and it won’t hurt me there.’

Maybe I’ll just do that some day.

PreviousChapters Next