• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 895 Views, 8 Comments

Sombra Dislikes Crystals - The Apologetic Pony



A story of Sombra's upbringing and how he came to be King of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
1
 8
 895

PreviousChapters Next
Beware Of Fluorite Making The World Close In

They talked about how Robyn was grateful, and how the two of them we’re both looking forward to it before Sombra asked,

‘Can I see my room now?’

‘Of course! Do you not like mine?’ she asked, before giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

‘No, it’s just, y’know, we’ve been talking about it and all...’

‘Does seeing me on the bed give you thoughts?’

Sombra broke eye contact with her.

‘Get off it then.’

‘Okay, Som-bra.’

She took a very long time brushing her wing against him before finally taking the lead, leaving Sombra shivering, and having a hard time keeping his thoughts focused on his room-to-be. Like I’m drunk, love drunk, or something. Then what would actually being drunk while being like this be like?

‘Aaaand here it is.’

He wasn't even sure how they’d got from her room to his, or how how long they’d been walking down stairs for.

The doors weren’t nearly as grand as Luna’s room, but they were certainly a lot grander than his home, splattered with flecks of gold, and a painted image of the night sky.

‘You design the doors?’ Sombra asked.

‘No, I did ask it to be designed around a particular night sky though.’

Luna effortlessly opened the doors with her magic.

‘Wow this is quite the place.’

‘Yeah, I know right? I knew you’d love it!’

The walls were covered in a green, vaguely crystalline pattern, full of octagons, while the room itself was full of wooden furniture. There were windows the same size as his own room too.

‘What was this originally? It looks too royal to be a guest room, Luna.’

‘It was my room just a few years ago, until they finished the one above, the only thing that’s changed is the bed, there was a different one before, a bigger one, for alicorns. It was kind of changed into a guest room, but it hasn’t been used since then.’

‘It’s really, grand still, like yours, just a bit less, Lunary.’

‘Haha what does that mean?’

‘I don’t know, if it was yours I’d be inclined to think you were a civilised, serious mare.’

‘And mine doesn’t?’

‘Nah, the red cushions are like, the signifiers that you’re as lewd and flippant or romantic as you are. It’s just like dreams, Luna, you were the one who said that it could mean something like that.’

‘Take it however you want, it doesn’t make any difference now.’ Luna said, shrugging.

‘Well you don’t care about anypony apart from me obviously now do you?’

Luna snorted.

‘Did you really like wood or something? Even most of this lamp you’ve got here is wood.’

‘Not just any wood, it’s of the finest mahogany, because we’re just about the only ponies that have the loyalty to get others to go into the Everfree forest for us.’

The bed was as wide and as tall as any bed Sombra had seen, apart from the very one in Luna’s room.

‘Say, Luna, could I kiss you?’

Luna kissed him, with fervour and passion.

‘No, you’ll have to do it before asking, or I’ll be the one to kiss you. Som-bra, you don’t ever think of your cutiemark do you?’

How are you not breathless after that?

‘Um, only a little. Why does that matter, like at all?’

‘It makes you like a griffin, is all. Most ponies use it as stabilisation, they’d feel lost without it. Even for those with Undefined Talent Syndrome like you go on and on about it as dissatisfactory, if not worse.’

‘You know a lot of things, I guess?’

‘Did you forget you were dating an ancient mare, Som-bra? Am I so youthful?’

‘I was going to say something... nevermind.’

Luna bit him on the neck, but there wasn’t any flour to hide his fierce blush this time.

‘I s-swear you’re drunk. Is this all we’re gonna bloody do today, you seducing me?’

‘Mm would you mind that?’ Luna asked, moving her wing so that it seemed she could have picked him up if she wanted, but wings can’t do that, right?

Luna rather forcefully pulled Sombra onto the bed.

‘You look like you’re the one who's drunk Som-bra.’

‘You’re still acting drunk. Is this a dream?’

‘Do you want it to be?’

Sombra woke up on the same bed.

‘What the fuck?’

Luna had vanished, but the room was otherwise identical and it felt like no time had passed. Sombra’s heart was still jumping about his chest.

In a frustrated and panicked reaction, Sombra slammed his hoof against the foot his bed, there was definite pain there. The door creaked open, though he couldn’t see who was on the other side.

‘What the fuck, Luna!?’ he screeched.

‘Are you okay?’ came Robyn’s voice.

‘What did she do, Robyn, If you’re even my mother.’

‘We’re in Canterlot, Sombra.’

‘Where’s Luna?’

‘I don’t know, I–’

‘Then fucking get her!’

This is totally a fucking, shitting dream isn’t it? She’s gonna appear right in my face, what a tease!

Sombra checked his behind.

Yeah, purple lines still there. If this isn’t a joke, then I have to be going insane.

Utterly paranoid, Sombra bit his tongue a few times before peeking outside the half open door. It looked exactly the same as before, with the giant flight of stairs just in front.

If Robyn’s here, then some time must have passed, so what the fuck happened between then? She didn’t seem to think that my waking up was remarkable, so I guess I haven’t been sick, but then why did I stay here at all?

Sombra heard somepony running down the stairs, and then Luna appeared next to him, horn aglow.

‘What the–’

‘Sombra, listen to me. When did I pull you onto the bed in that you woke up on?’

‘Tell me what the fuck you did to me!’

‘When?’ she asked again, eyes locking with his.

‘Five minutes ago? I don’t know, but–’

The world closed in on him.

PreviousChapters Next