• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 895 Views, 8 Comments

Sombra Dislikes Crystals - The Apologetic Pony



A story of Sombra's upbringing and how he came to be King of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
1
 8
 895

PreviousChapters Next
Alchemy Didn't Save Jasper, The Amethyst From Discolouration

Sombra tried the same thing with an amethyst. He’d assumed Luna hadn't suggested it out of whim, she had to remember, it was just too specific. ‘Would be funny if its pumpkins’ was the last thing Sombra thought before he got a very peculiar sensation, like he was conversing those shizo voices from before. But it wasn’t conversing with them at all, they weren't even they anymore, they were him. And he was soaring like a pegasus, busting the clouds, roaring, screaming with incomparable exhilaration and... he was held in a chokehold by lovely Luna. Fun while it lasted.

Sombra tried to say ‘Let go of me!’ but it came out something like ‘Gurgle gurgle.’

Luna released him immediately.

After some lengthy gasping and gulping, he said ‘Quite the forearms you got there.’

‘It’s an alicorn thing.’

Sombra had yet to notice the big black shiny thing jutting out of the ground.

‘That’s a big fucking shard.’

‘Well its good that you’re okay, welcome to this dark amethyst of your creation.

‘Amethysts are purple...’

‘Not the dark ones. Details, Som-bra.’

‘Details like you strangling me?’

‘No that was no detail. You seemed to be... unaware, not in control. That, and I’d rather the garden not be ruined further than it had to. Believe me I took no pleasure out of it.’

‘Could carve “Sombra was here” into it, haha.’

‘I’ve got a spell for that if you want.’

‘Nah nah I was just kidding.’

‘Bigger ones like these might be more useful though.’

‘Yeah, like pretending its a precious gem from a foreign land.’

‘Or an alchemist’s amethyst, Som-bra. Those were some nice wisps you had going on there.’

‘Huh?’

‘Didn’t you notice? You had purple and black wisps coming out of your eyes. Bit like my mane.’

‘err, okay.’

‘You did I promise! They were like this.’

Some dramatic wavy lines appeared and Sombra thought they’d look gorgeous on her. He was a bit miffed that was the first thing he thought of.

‘Snazzy.’ he said.

‘I might have thought you a drag queen if I didn’t see the crystal, but instead I thought you were a magician.’

Sombra shrugged with his inability to jest the jester, this time.

‘Perhaps, in time you’ll be able to make these, and more without needing somepony to stop you.’

‘Well it is a high.’

‘Is it? It wasn’t when you exhausted yourself.’

‘No that didn’t seem symbiotic with the schizo voices. Conjuring “Dark Amethysts” if that’s what you want to call them, did.’

‘Shizo voices and dark amethysts, quite the sophisticated jargon we’re making.’

‘Language is good like that.’

‘Som-bra, would you mind if I tried to break it? I want to see if its as fragile as the smaller ones.’

‘Uh sure I guess.’

She swiftly went and slammed her hoof into it, but there wasn’t even a crack.

‘Ow.’

‘That looked like it hurt.’

Luna fired something at the dark amethyst. It still didn’t break. She paused, cocked her head, and tried it again.

‘I think it’s an inefficient conductor, or something.’ she said.

‘Let me try.’

Sombra wasn’t expecting it to explode spectacularly when all he did was give it a little magical shove. Shards fell down like hail for a few seconds, leaving the ground peppered with them, lots and lots of them.

‘Ow.’

Or not.

‘Are you okay?’

‘You wounded me so.’

‘Sorry I wasn’t thinking I’d just blow it up like that.’

‘Now, Som-bra you know not to take me seriously. Sit with me, it’s been a long evening already.’

They navigated through the clear spots.

Luna outstretched her wing behind him.

‘May I? I’m too tired for flirting.’

‘Sounds serious.’

And so she carefully wrapped her wing round his back. It was still somewhat awkward for him, but he’d learned to be more accepting of this kind of thing around Luna. Perhaps it was more common than he believed. Would be nice to be a pegasus and between warm feathers and warm body. She’s not your mother though, obviously. Sombra coughed when he realised their breathing had fallen in sync.

‘I think it must have been your magic. It broke to the aura that made it. I’ll try that next time.’

They sat in silence for a minute, peering at the sky of somepony’s creation.

‘So how does it work with the whole sky thing? Who does what?’

‘Interested now are we?’

‘Well you’ve got nice feathers.’

She snorted.

‘That’s fair. It’s not complicated, I move the moon, and stars on the lonely nights, all ‘Tia has to handle is the big bright one.’

‘That all?

‘Well, ‘Tia in fits of lunacy asks to take the stars sometimes, though she know it’ll end up in a right mess. She’s probably end up crashing half of them if I let her!’

Their breathing was in sync again.

‘Could I try?’

‘Yeah yeah, dreamy colt.’

‘Dreams?’

As was often the case, Sombra wasn’t sure why he was asking what he was asking. He didn’t have a paticular desire to move the moon or anything like that. I think I just want to see how she’ll react, maybe? I don’t know. Does feel good having control over the conversation, that’s probably something to do with it.

‘I could give you one about it, if you want.’

‘Yeah that’d be cool.’

‘You’re gonna have fun tonight then!’

‘Yeah alicorn for a night!’

Luna’s feathers really rubbed against him as they both giggled, but Sombra’s reluctance against the taboo had evaporated.

‘Well its been a fun lesson, I know it’s a bit earlier than usual, but I can’t think of what else I’d like to do with you.’

‘That’s okay, talking’s fun too.’

‘Good! Come out of that sex-shy shell of yours?’

‘No just the Luna one thank you very much.’

Sombra was slightly confused as to why she hadn’t made a motion to open her wing... Was she blushing under that dark coat of hers?

She stooped her neck; she was too tired for flirting.

PreviousChapters Next