• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 893 Views, 8 Comments

Sombra Dislikes Crystals - The Apologetic Pony



A story of Sombra's upbringing and how he came to be King of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
1
 8
 893

PreviousChapters
Azurite Dark As Night

Sombra rushed towards the voice, knowing who it belonged to, yet he was still surprised to see her. She emerged from the black, like some otherworldly being; her coat as beautiful as ever, lighting a spark of envy. Is that madness?

‘How did you find me?’ asked Celestia.

‘What... you weren’t leading me here?’

Celestia’s face changed from quizzical to concerned.

‘Who lead you here?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘How did you get here?’

‘Is it that important? I had to walk for an eternity to get here, saw a mirror on the way, a flame too, but how did you get here?’

‘Are you jealous of me, Sombra?’ Celestia asked, apparently completely serious.

‘What?’

‘Just answer and then I can tell you what the hell is going on.’

‘No?’

Celestia grimaced as if she was about to be whipped.

‘Alright, er, Luna feels like I shouldn’t take any part in our rule, and that she should be the only one at the throne. I was worried she’d put you under a spell, and I still am a little. She must have been the one who lead you here.’

‘It’s just a sisterly quarrel.’ she added, like it was no big deal.

Maybe it’s not to her?

Somehow Sombra’s mention of the mirror was overlooked, and he didn't’ realise it was overlooked. It took several moments for him to find words, still feeling somewhat delirious from the hours of trotting in black.

‘Why would care about me if all she wants is to rule alone?’

‘You shouldn’t underestimate your importance in this, Sombra, you have quite the magical ability from what Luna’s told me. I wouldn’t stand a chance if you were to take up her cause, aha.’ said Celestia, giving a faint smile.

‘What are you talking about, I can’t do anything, the crystals I make can’t do anything either.’

Celestia waved her hoof dismissively.

‘Regardless, I suppose I should tell you that your marefriend is down the stairs on the left; you’ll find them if you keep going forward. Be aware she isn’t in the happiests of states right now, and personally, I’d rather you didn’t start a revolution, Equestria is doing just fine, don’t you think?’

‘I’m not sure I know, but I’ll try and reason with her if I can, I guess. How dark it is here is driving me a little crazy really.’

‘I can teleport you out of here no problem, any time you want.’ Celestia chirped.

Sombra continued onwards shortly finding some wide stairs on the left and stepped down them, still not convinced he had any part to play in the royal dispute. And I don’t know how I even got here either, or what this place is really. So many unknowns, though perhaps I’m only noticing them now, surrounded by black.

His thoughts became wilder and wilder still until he finally stepped on level ground and saw Luna, horn alight. Her gaze quickly flickered to Sombra, rendering dubious circumstances null.

‘It’s good to see you, I hope you’re not too angry at me, leading you here. I assume you know.’ said Luna grimly.

‘No lesson this time, huh?’

Sombra didn’t know why he said that.

‘No, not this time Som-bra. I’m sure you have many questions, sorry I can’t offer you anything to drink. I would rather like it if you come sit next to me though.’

And so he did, but rocks weren’t so comfortable. Luna instantly wrapped hoof and wing around him, nibbling at his mane. He was quite shocked at the sudden intimacy, truthfully. Luna seemed to take his little shiver for something else, and giggled. Or did she?

‘So what can I tell you?’

He did have many questions indeed.

‘What is this place, maybe?’

‘These tunnels were dug in secret forty eight years ago, I believe. We intended them to be a place for me and Celestia to sort out any... crises between us, and only us. Obviously, we wouldn’t anything more than a petty disagreement between us to be public, so this is the place we’re meant to find agreement, and then arise back into the palace, never being anything other than harmonious. I’m a lot more harmonious with you right now though!’ Luna chuckled, slowly brushing her feathers against his back.

Sombra twitched a little bit, uncomfortable. Luna was amused.

‘And you lead me here? Why?’

‘I knew you’d be coming to the palace since it was our lesson, obviously. I simply thought that you would be a good arbiter in our dispute. My sister’s genuinely scared of you too, adding to that.’

‘I don’t get that, Luna, am I more than just your coltfriend for the two of you?’

‘Of course! You’ve got magic I can hardly counter, you’re clearly capable of weaponising it if you want to, as you demonstrated to me before, you could kill us both if you wanted to!’

‘What nonsense.’

‘Anything else, mm?’

A bit of rock blindly tumbled from somewhere to somewhere else.

‘Uh, what was up with that mirror?’

‘What mirror?’

‘Mirror that you left in the tunnel on the way here, the same tunnel I guess.’

‘Oh, what did you see in it?’

‘Weird stuff, I think, didn’t you put it there?’

‘Say, Som-bra.’ Luna said, tightening her wing.

‘Do you like crystals?’

‘Why are you behaving the same way as Celestia was now? She was asking me all this weird shit as well.’

‘Sorry, Som-bra, I was just spell checking, that’s probably what my sister was doing as well. You’re meant to see how the possibly affected react to a nonsensical question, and you passed, don’t worry. I don’t know what that mirror was, but it wasn’t a spell cast on you by Celestia. It didn’t hurt you, did it?’

‘No, it was just that it reminded me of when I first started taking lessons with you, I’m not sure how though.’

‘As long as you’re okay.’

‘Yeah, I’m okay. I guess we can talk about that some more later, for now just tell me what this big thing is with you and Celestia. Also how fucking long have you been sitting on these rocks? They’re as uncomfortable as anything.’

‘One does have to stand up frequently here.’

Sombra imagined she must be smiling.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment