• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 343 Views, 1 Comments

Heavy Storms - Brother_William



Heavy Storms is just you average pegasus. He's got his hopes and his dreams. Maybe life will go his way for once...

  • ...
 1
 343

Chapter 2

Vinyl's alarm clock blared four p.m., though the DJ was already up and moving. A quick burst of magic silenced the incescant whining of the infernal machine. Permanently.

Vinyl was too busy to move the remains into the corner, where a pile of broken alarm clocks lay two hooves high. Instead of leaving a note, like he had asked, she was going to talk to him, muzzle-to-muzzle. As she trotted out the door, a last minute thought passed through her mind.

"SEE YOU LATER, 'TAVI'!"

Vinyl doubted that the cellist heard her, but it was better safe than sorry. Closing the door behind her, she trotted across the street, arriving at his door in seconds. Raising her hoof to knock on the door, Vinyl paused. What if he was asleep? Her hoof quickly met her forehead, barely missing her horn, as she remembered it was past 4 in the evening. Raising her hoof to knock, she paused yet again. What if he wasn't home?

"HURRY UP AND KNOCK BEFORE I COME OVER THERE!" Octavia yelled from her window, causing Vinyl to jump and hit her hoof on the door.

Before she could move, the sound of a bolt being opened came from the door. It opened to reveal the gray pegasus from last night, who froze for a few seconds while his face turned red before slamming the door shut with a resounding thud. Vinyl stood there, dumbfounded, wondering if she had just been rejected without even saying anything. Turning around to go back home, she was stopped by the sound of the door opening again. Looking back, she saw him standing to one side of the door, his hoof pointing into the house, as if inviting her in. Hesitatingly, Vinyl stepped inside, jumping when she heard the door close.

"Sorry," the pegasus practically whispered, his nervousness evident, "if you'll please follow me. Sorry about the mess."

Vinyl was about to ask what mess when she stepped into his living room. Scattered all over the room were disassembled electronics, from computers to mp3s. On one wall were shelves of what seemed to be video games, though there may have been a movie or three, while on the opposite wall was a massive 90 inch flatscreen.

She watched as he flew around, gathering parts up in his hooves and putting them in random designated spots, until, eventually, the couch was cleared enough to sit on.
As the pegasus sat down, he motioned for her to join him. Moving over to him, she looked over what was on the coffee table while she cautiously lowered herself onto the couch. Laying all over the table were all of her CDs, as well as her autobiography and the issue of Hoofbeat© that she was on the cover of. He winced, before picking them up and flying over to a glass case in a corner of the room, gently arranging them so that they could be seen among the myriad Vinyl Scratch figurines inside.

Before he could embarrass himself further, he unrolled the cover attached to the top of the case, effectively blocking the inside from sight. Walking back over to the couch, he sat down, awkwardly avoiding eye contact.

"So..." Vinyl said.

"Yeah..." he replied.

"You first," they said in unison, before falling silent again, another awkward moment passing between them.

Clearing her throat, Vinyl broke the silence, "So... Can you really fix my turntables?"

"Probably," he responded quietly, "it depends on how new they are."

"They weren't even a year old yet."

"Buck. Thank Celestia for the internet," he said, rubbing his hooves together.

"You know what?" Vinyl asked.

"What?"

"I never got your name. You obviously know mine," Vinyl said, gesturing to the covered case, "so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here."

"Heavy Storms," he said quickly.

Vinyl blinked, "do what now?"

"My name," the pegasus said a little slower, "is Heavy Storms."

"Well, 'Heavy Storms', I have to go. Do you think you can be at the club at, say... ten tonight?" Vinyl asked.

Heavy Storms looked at one of the clocks laying about the room. He had five and a half hours.

"Sure. I can be there at ten."

"Cool. See you then," Vinyl said as she got up, before walking out the door, closing it behind her silently with her magic.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment