• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 342 Views, 1 Comments

Heavy Storms - Brother_William



Heavy Storms is just you average pegasus. He's got his hopes and his dreams. Maybe life will go his way for once...

  • ...
 1
 342

Accidents happen (especially when drunk)

Heavy Storms sighed as he pulled the mug towards his lips again. Say what you want about the Apple family, but they make great cider. Taking a deep gulp, he turned around to take in the rest of the club. Dozens of ponies covered the floor, moving and gyrating to the fast paced beats of the dubstep booming from the 40 inch speakers.

The gray pegasus sighed again, wondering why he was here at all. Dubstep wasn’t his kind of music; he preferred the angry lyrics and guitar riffs of heavy metal.

Looking up from his mug again, Heavy managed to catch a glimpse of a certain mare, reminding him why he was here at all. Her electric blue hair was perfectly accented against her usually white coat, which was now splattered with the bright neon liquid of several glow sticks.

“Who am I kidding? Somepony as perfect as her would never notice somepony like me,” he said as he blew a few stray hairs of his black mane out of his eyes, “I should be saving Trotriel from those evil dragons right now.”

“HEY!”

Heavy sighed, “Not you, Spike. You’re awesome.”

The teenage dragon grumbled under his breath as he lifted an almost empty keg to his scaly lips.

“Buck it,” Heavy said as he drank what was left in his tankard in a single gulp, making it number nine, “I’m gonna go talk to her. Wish me luck!”

He jumped off the barstool, only to stumble and almost fall flat on his face. Quickly recovering with a beat of his wings, he began to stagger across the club, moving in a direction that was, technically, the way he wanted to go.

After several minutes, Heavy realized he wasn't getting anywhere and flapped his wings, lifting himself above the herd on the dance floor. Looking around, he quickly found the DJ again and propelled himself towards her with another flap of his wings.

The alcohol in his system caused him to misjudge the angle, however, and he crashed into the turntables in front of the DJ. Everypony in the club groaned as the music grew silent, and they all turned to face him.

"SECURITY!" an angelic voice called out from behind him.

Two giant draft ponies appeared at his sides, each of them grabbing one of his front hooves and a wing, carrying him out of the club before tossing him into the middle of the road.

As the door closed, Heavy heard her voice over the sound system, "Sorry everypony. Looks like we're gonna have to close early tonight. From the looks of this, I'm gonna have to order new turntables, so we might be closed for a couple days."

The groan of the herd was heard outside, even with the door closed. Heavy smartly moved into the shadows of a nearby alleyway, hiding himself from the mass of ponies flooding out of the club. He stood perfectly still until he was sure the last pony had gone by, only leaving the alleyway after a couple minutes passed.

As he turned to go home, he heard a group of voices coming from the front of the club. Looking over his shoulder, he saw Vinyl flanked by the two bouncers who had thrown him out.

"Can you believe that guy?" One of the bouncers said with a laugh.

"I know. Can he not read? There are signs that clearly say No Flying," the other bouncer agreed.

"Come on guys," Vinyl said, "He was completely drunk. I could smell him before he even got near me."

Her laughter was quickly joined by the two bouncers. Heavy sighed and plodded away, thinking he had blown his only chance at the mare of his dreams. Unbeknownst to him, Vinyl was watching him walk away with a look of regret on her face.

She had seen the light in his eyes right before he crashed into the turntables. She hadn't seen that kind of light directed at her in almost a decade. It was a nice change from the usual lust she saw aimed at her flanks.

Unsure of who he was, Vinyl had no idea how to contact him. Of course, she could always talk to some ponies, see if they knew who he was. But where would be the fun in that? No, she told herself, she must do this on her own. Besides, she could get him back for busting up her turntables.

Telling her two bouncers goodday, Vinyl headed towards her home, which just happened to be in the same direction of that pegasus. As she walked down the street, she heard the flap of wings in front of her, and looked up in time to see a black tail disappear into an open window of the house across from hers.

Vinyl laughed, an honest laugh this time, as she realized fate was on her side. Pretending to have not seen him, she turned onto the path up to her own house, using her magic to open the door before disappearing inside.

Heavy watched as Vinyl entered her home, wondering what he should do to apologize. There probably wasn't anything that could get him off the hook, but he had to at least try.

Moving over to his writing desk, Heavy took a quill into his mouth and dipped it in an ink well, before lowering it to the parchment in front of him.

I sincerely apologize for my actions last night.

It was not my intention to ruin your club, and if you would like, I can try and repair the damage I did to your turntables. If my offer is acceptable, just leave a response on my door. Its the house across the street.

Sincerely, Heavy Storms.

Vinyl lowered the note from right in front of her face, a grin spreading across it as fate helped her yet again.

Author's Note:

I will do Commissions.
Just PM me details
What kind of story you want: Grimdark, Slice of Life, Adventure, Drama, Sad.
Some character details: who are the characters, are there any OCs.
Location: Ponyville, Manehatten, Canterlot, Crystal Empire, Las Pegasus, etc, etc.
The simple things.