• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 12,518 Views, 117 Comments

A Mothers Love 2: Nightmare In Equestria - GunsNRoses365



Lightning Twister's new life is in jeopardy when becomes the target of a villain nopony Ever thought they would see again.

  • ...
2
 117
 12,518

Chapter 3

Lightning Twister walked though the playground to find his friends. When he found them he ran up while calling out there names.

"Hey there girls!" He said happily earning no response. His three friends turned around and all of them were wearing an evil smirk.

"Well, look who it is girls." Sweetie Belle said in an almost teasing manner.

Lightning became uneasy at his friends tone of voice.

"It's the little runt." Applebloom said cruelly

Lightning was at a loss for words as he began to step back. His friends started to come toward him with wicked smirks on there face.

"G-Girls!?" Lightning said before trembling. He then looke at Scootaloo with fear in his eyes.

"S-Scootaloo!?"

Scootaloo smirked and said teasingly. "Aww..the big scaredy cat knows my name."

Lightning now had tears coming down his face which made his three changed friends laugh

"Aww..now he's crying," Scootaloo mocked "I don't know what I saw in you. I mean your nothing but a big, scared, crybaby."

Lightning couldn't believe the words that came out of his special somepony's mouth as Applebloom and Sweetie Belle began to verbally assault him once more.

"I don't know know what we saw saw in you either." Applebloom said cruelly

"Yeah," Sweetie Belle said "I mean why did we want to be friends with such a loser like you."

Lightning began to cry openly as his friends laughed at him and teased him. He then looked up as the tears flowed down his cheeks and he saw another filly, It was Diamond Tiara."

"I told you nobody would want you because your a loser." She said cruelly before joining the CMC in laughter.

The eyes of the four filly's eyes began to multiply and surround Lightning as his their laughs echoed into the air. Lightning became afraid of all the eyes that stared at him. He then saw the same shadowy figure from his dream last night laughing at him and coming towards him. However before anything else could happen he heard a voice call his name."

"Lightning, Lightning!" The voice said loudly

Lightning shot up and noticed he was in his classroom with Miss Cheerilee looking down at him. She had an eyebrow arched before letting out a long sigh.

"I want you to meet me after class, Lightning." She said softly yet firmly.

Lightning let out a sigh and quietly pounded his desk, he knew he was in trouble. When class ended, he went up to Cheerilee with his head hung low.

"Lightning, this is the third time this week that you've fallen asleep in class." Miss Cheerilee said to him sternly before her voice became more gentle. "Are you having trouble sleeping, dear?"

Lightning just nodded his head hoping she would not ask him why he wasn't sleeping well. Cheerilee looked at him with concern.

"Lightning you know if your not feeling well you can stay home tomorrow. After all it's about to be summer vacation. I'm very worried about you dear. It's not like you to fall asleep in class. I want you to stay home and get some rest."

Lightning nodded his head and left the room without saying goodbye. Cheerilee watched him leave with a look of sadness on her face. Lightning was one of her favorite students and she hated seeing him act like this.

Lightning and his friends walked down the streets of Ponyville towards Lightning's house. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were talking about getting their Cutie Marks as Lightning continued to look down in Sadness. Scootaloo watch her coltfriend in concern and decided to talk to him in private.

"Girls, Is it alright me and Lightning go to his house alone?" she asked her other two friends.

The two nodded before heading off in another direction. Scootaloo saw Lightning leaving and quickly went to catch up with him. She stepped in front of him and gently used her hoof under his chin and lifted her head so he looked into her eyes.

"Lightning, you've been way too quiet these past few days Is something wrong?" She asked him softly hoping he would open up.

Lightning shook his head and said, "I don't want to talk about it, Scootaloo."

Lightning continued to walk past his fillyfriend as she stopped in front of him once more.

"Lightning, talk to me, maybe I can help you." She asked almost beggingly

"Scootaloo, please, I said no." Lightning said with irritation in his voice

"Please, Lightning, I'm very worry about you. Let me help-"

"I said NO, Scootaloo!" Lightning snapped harshly making Scootaloo step back and a cause few tears to form in her eyes.

Lightning immediately regretted snapping at her like that. She was only trying to help and he shouldn't have acted like that.

"Scootaloo, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get mad at you like that. I'm just really tired and want to go to sleep." Lightning explained in an apologetic tone.

Scootaloo looked at him sympathetically and nuzzled his cheek.

"It's okay, Lightning, I understand." she said sweetly before the two continued walking.

When they arrived at Lightning's house the two smiled at one another.

"Will you tell, Auntie Rainbow I said hi?" Lightning asked

Scootaloo nodded her head before saying, "of course I will."

She then hugged Lightning and he returned it. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and flew off back to her house. Lightning watched her leave until she was out of sight. He then went inside the cottage, and looked around for his mother. Fluttershy came down the stairs with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Lightning, how was school today?" she asked her son sweetly

"It was okay." Lightning said sadly before a few small tears formed in his eyes.

Fluttershy quickly went over to him and gently used her hood to brush his tears away.

"Sweetheart, what's the matter."

Lightning suddenly buried his into his mothers chest and began crying.

"M-Momma! I don't want to h-have anymore n-nightmares! Th-they're s-scaring me and I c-can't sleep."

Fluttershy felt completely horrible as her fears began to become real. Lightning's nightmares were finally starting to get to him. She could only hope that Princess Luna could help. However she decided to think about that later, right now she needed to comfort her crying child.

"Shhh...It's okay, Lightning. I promise everything will be alright, sweetheart." Fluttershy said softly as she picked up Lightning and held him in her forelegs. She rested his head against her neck and continued to softly hush him as she gently rocked him side to side.

Lightning continued to cry as Fluttershy went over the couch and sat down. She placed her son on her lap and gently pulled him to her.

"Shhh, It's okay, sweetheart. Close your little eyes, Momma's here, Momma's got you." Fluttershy softly cooed into her sons ear as Lightning began to listen to her gentle heartbeat.

Lightning eventually relaxed in his mothers embrace as his eyes began to close. Fluttershy sang a soft Lullaby to help him sleep. Lightning eventually fell asleep in his mothers gentle embrace as she watched him quietly breath. She got comfortable on the couch as Lightning snuggled into her soft fur. Fluttershy looked out the window and hoped that Princess Luna could help her.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed reading chapter 3. I wanted to make this chapter a little bit dark but much more heartwarming than the previous two chapters. I hope I succeeded in doing so. Next chapter Fluttershy and her friends will speak with Princess Luna. What will the princess of the night have to say? We will soon find out. Ill see you all next chapter.