• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 12,515 Views, 117 Comments

A Mothers Love 2: Nightmare In Equestria - GunsNRoses365



Lightning Twister's new life is in jeopardy when becomes the target of a villain nopony Ever thought they would see again.

  • ...
2
 117
 12,515

Chapter 9

In Twilight's library, Twilight and her friends were all pacing back and forth waiting for a response from Princess Celestia. The CMC and Spike were all sitting in a circle with Applebloom comforting Scootaloo who was sniffling quietly, wishing Lightning was by her side. Fluttershy was no better off than the little filly. She had tears in her eyes and was laying in a fetal position hugging and stroking a picture of her missing son as if were really him. She looked at the picture and was mumbling Lightning's name over and over again. Applejack held her close and made soft hushing sounds in her ear trying to get her to calm down.

An already irritated Rainbow Dash stroked Scootaloo's mane comfortingly before looking at Twilight and asking her, "Why hasn't Celestia responded yet?"

Twilight just shook her head.

"I don't know," she replied. "It makes me a little worried that she hasn't responded yet, She always replies to my letters the second she gets them."

Rainbow was about to respond, until there was a bright flash of light in the library blinding everyone inside for a second.

When the light faded it revealed Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna!" Everyone shouted simultaneously before bowing to her.

Luna shook her and said rather forcefully, "My friends, this is no time for formalities."

Everyone looked at her in confusion before as the Princess let out a sigh to calm herself.

"I have come to tell you that I have found Lightning Twister." she said much more gently this time.

Hearing her sons name, Fluttershy shot like a bullet towards Princess Luna nearly knocking everyone over.

"You found him!? Where is he!? Is he safe!?" She nearly shouted

Luna raised her hoof to silence Fluttershy and responded, "I'm afraid he's far from safe, Fluttershy. He has been foalnapped and is being held prisoner by King Sombra."

Everyone gasped as Fluttershy began to wobble and collapse before hyperventilating. Rainbow put her hooves on Fluttershy's shoulder to try and calm her down as Twilight stepped up.

"King Sombra? The unicorn that tried to take over the Crystal Empire." She asked with worry.

Luna nodded her head in response.

"Yes, Twilight, the very same. He has returned and has become even more powerful than before."

"But the power of the Crystal Heart destroyed him! How did he return!?" Twilight quickly asked

Luna sighed and said, "He has been using Lightning's fear to help him return and gain even more power."

Everyone became even more worried as Fluttershy became even more scared for her son.

"But can't you and Princess Celestia stop him like you did before?" Rarity asked

"No," Luna quickly responded, "King Sombra has attacked the castle and has defeated my sister and is holding her prisoner as well. When I saw Celestia fall to him, I immediately came to all of you to tell you this terrible news and ask for your help."

Everyone remained silent for a moment and let everything they were told sink in. Twilight was worried for both Lightning and her teacher. She knew that if Celestia couldn't defeat the evil king, then Luna stood no chance either and Lightning was in even more danger without anyone's protection.

Breaking out of her, panicked state Fluttershy asked a question that suddenly raced through her mind.

"Princess Luna, how do you know all of this?" she asked

Letting out a shaky sigh, the princess of the night responded, "I-I knew King Sombra was going to return a-and I kn-knew that he was using Lightning to do it."

Fluttershy's face contorted with anger as she flew face to face with the moon princess and began screaming at the top of her lungs.

"WHAT!? YOU KNEW HE WAS HURTING MY BABY BOY AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!? HE'S NOW FOALNAPPED AND PROBABLY HURT, AND YOU KNEW WHO TOOK HIM ALL THIS TIME!?"

Everyone's mouths hung and stepped away from Fluttershy. Princess Luna closed her eyes as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Tears formed in Fluttershy's eyes as well as she realized she went too far.

"Oh my goodness, P-Princess I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to get mad and yell at you like that." She apologized as she was on the brink of sobbing.

Luna wiped her eyes and shook her head,

"No, dear Fluttershy, do not apologize, you had every right to be angry at me. I know I would have acted the same way if my son was in danger. If anyone should apologize it's me, I should have told you when I first started to fear that King Sombra would return. I just didn't want to add any more fear to Lightning or any of you."

Everyone nodded their heads in Understanding as Fluttershy hugged the Princess of the moon.

"Please Princess, I never should have acted like that, I'm just worried about my little, Lightning." she said as she began to cry in fear and guilt.

Luna wrapped her forelegs and wings around Fluttershy and rubbed her back soothingly.

"I understand, Fluttershy, I'm worried about him too as well as my sister but I promise we will get your son back."

"And I know how!" Twilight said startling everyone in the room.

Twilight gave her friends their respective Element of Harmony as she began to speak once more.

"I know King Sombra is powerful, but with the Elements of Harmony combined with Luna's powerful magic their is no doubt we will be able to defeat him for good this time."

Applejack quickly faced Twilight and began to speak.

"I feel the same way, Twi, but we can't expect to just walk up to him and beat him. He'll no doubt be able to see us coming a mile away if we just storm the castle."

Twilight rubbed her chin with her hoof in a thinking manner.

"Your right, Applejack, we've got to find a way to sneak into the castle and free Lightning and the Princess without being seen by, King Sombra."

Luna pondered for a moment before gasping,

"I know how we can get into the castle without being seen." she said happily

everyone smiled and faced the Princess.

"There is secret underground passage outside the castle that was built long before my sister and I ruled Equestria. Nopony knows about it except Celestia and I. We can use that passage to sneak into the castle dungeon. From there we will sneak into the throne room to free my sister and Lightning Twister. With the combined power of my sister, myself, and the elements of harmony we can destroy king Sombra forever."

Everyone smiled and nodded their heads.

"Sounds like a plan, let's go free the Princess and get my awesome nephew back." Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight turned to face Spike and the CMC and looked at them.

"Spike, girls, I want all of you to stay here and lock the Library. I will come and find you once we have Lightning Twister back and everyone is safe." she said while the baby dragon and the fillies nodded their heads.

Turning back to Luna and her friends, Twilight nodded her head and said, "Let's go."

Everyone nodded their with a look of Determination on their face. Fluttershy was seething with anger. She silently swore to herself that she would make King Sombra pay for taking her son away from her.

"Don't worry Lightning, Momma will be there very soon." she said to herself as Luna teleported her and everyone else to Canterlot.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed reading chapter 9. It looks like Princess Luna and the Main Six have a plan to save Lightning, Princess Celestia, and the rest of Equestria from King Sombra; but can it be that easy? There's only a few chapter left before this story comes to a close. I'll see you all next chapter.