• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 787 Views, 3 Comments

Snippets - Zailen



Little bits of writing done on whim, themes will vary and be episodic, maybe.

  • ...
 3
 787

Unsaid [Dark]

Everypony heard the newest princesses’ story; she finished a spell made by the oh-so-famous Starswirl, big whoop de doo. She gets a crown for doing half the job? I’ve studied magic for Celestia alongside my co-workers and we don’t get any of the applause and reverence her little brown nosed protégé gets. Clearly our beloved Princess Celestia is holding back on her workers whose job is actually experimenting and furthering magical needs and applications!

Why did that recluse of a student get the book? No matter I have it now, leaving such an important tool in that rural sinkhole of a town library. Something, so precious shouldn’t have been in her hooves to begin with if she just leaves it merely behind a glass case with a puny beast servant so easily silenced by a kick.

Let’s see what secrets this book REALLY has!

Hah, there’s that ‘unfinished’ spell, feh, Starswirl must’ve been a pony with a bloated ego, this is simple to figure out, the Elements were hardly needed at all! With some help from my co-workers and interns, Sparkle’s ascendancy will mean nothing and be put back in that pathetic library.

Hah!

At least the trains are punctual, rather not be near this mudhole village any longer.

“Everything is set up?”

“Yes sir!”

“Good, the magic this book contains will make us all famous!”

“You sure?”

“Of course! That Sparkle unicorn became a princess from this book, imagine what it’ll do for us!”

“This is THAT book?! Well!”

“Let’s hurry this up! Think I might become Prince?”

“Hah! If you become Prince, hook me up with Luna!”

There’s the sound of interest I wanna hear! Everyone gets it! This’ll do wonders for us!

“Here we go ponies!”

“This is gonna rock!”

“Focus now! This requires teamwork and a lot of magic ponies!”

Focus!

I can feel something!

More!

MORE!

“Boss, does combined magic always change color like this?!”

“Yes!” … I think

“Don’t stop!”

Almost!

“My horn!”

What?

“What-”

“AAAGH!”

“WHAT-“


A building was surrounded by the Royal Guards, keeping civilians away from what could only be called horrifying, one in particular went up to the arriving Princesses Celestia and Twilight Sparkle.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Sparkle! What do we do with-”

“Keep everypony away as you’ve been doing, Sergeant. Did your ponies retrieve the book?” Celestia was not pleased.

“Yes Princess, it is currently in the iron container over there.”

“Very good, once everypony is dispersed, your troops will also leave for a debriefing on this matter.” Princess Celestia slightly raised her hoof and made motion for the Guard to leave.

“Understood!”

“Twilight, I do not blame you for this.” Princess Celestia blamed herself really.

“But, it was my responsibility.” Princess Twilight was clearly distraught as she looked to her ex-mentor.

“There was no way you could’ve known, or predicted that a unicorn from Canterlot would go all the way to Ponyville to steal that book.” Celestia put a wing around the smaller alicorn beside her, holding her close as she surveyed the wreckage of the Canterlot Arcana Laboratory.

“But, I left it in such and easy seen place, anypony could’ve taken the time to smash the casing if they wanted and Spike got hurt trying to stop him!” Twilight’s tears had begun to flow, just as they did from when Spike’s report came after he had regained consciousness.

“Even so, it was something you were proud of Twilight, wanting to show proof where the public can see it is understandable.” This was not something Celestia liked seeing, blood and gore was never easy to deal with, but this… could only be described as a mutilated monstrosity of flesh, decay, and death…

“What, what do we do with… that… Celestia” Twilight’s voice was straining as her gaze fell upon it.

“I honestly did not know such a horror could come from that book Twilight, for that I will apologize. And, I apologize again as I must ask you to make a difficult choice.” The hug became tighter as Celestia’s eyes closed.

“What is it Celestia?”

“Can you keep this foulness a secret from everypony with me? The ponies who witnessed this will also need to be sworn to silence.” Celestia hated this. Hated this mess. Hated what became of her little ponies.

“I will, Princess.”

Author's Note:

I found it somewhat difficult to move the passage of time within this. Hope the ellipses gave that feeling. If not I'm willing to hear some suggestions to replace them if need be.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment