• Published 29th Oct 2013
  • 787 Views, 3 Comments

Snippets - Zailen



Little bits of writing done on whim, themes will vary and be episodic, maybe.

  • ...
 3
 787

Parcel [SoL]

“Spiiike!” To her dismay the books were taking their toll, she was hungry.

“I’m downstairs! Why are you always yelling my name?” Twilight made a short walk downstairs, following her assistant’s voice to the main library floor.

Spike was there, glaring at her, however the place was not spotless, rather, it was crowded with boxes.

“What is all this? Spike what is it you are doing down here?” Twilight could only gape at the mess of cardboard boxes and ... a cork-board?

“Um, I’m not entirely sure.” Spike was holding colored markers, merely sitting on the floor and looking at the cork-board.

“How can you not know?” Twilight could not comprehend this. She considered enforcing Spike into planning things into a thorough checklist system like she does. Yes, this a good idea.

“Well Pinkie said-” he was promptly interrupted

“Pinkie? How, wait do I want to know?” Dealing with Pinkie always gave her a headache, and right now, unfed, she wasn’t sure she wanted to deal it this

“It was confusing, well still is confusing to me, so maybe you sh-” He wouldn’t get the chance to tell her to ask Pinkie herself.

“Never mind! It’s making you make a mess of my library, so tell me everything Spike!”

He sighed readying to exposit what “The Librarian” had devoted to studying the day away and be blind to the goings on of everyone else, wondering why the roles of this building were so weird yet again.

“While you were melding your nose into another load of books, I had done the chores of sweeping, dusting and so forth.” His right hand made a small circular gesture

Twilight telekinetically brought some pillows for both of them to rest upon

“After that I considering making you breakfast, but opted to get muffins or cupcakes as a snack for us instead. The trip was nothing spectacular, when I arrived the Cakes were in a rush, from what I gathered there may have been a rush order and conflict with other things planned, they merely asked me to fetch Pinkie from upstairs for them and would give me the snacks for the favor.”

A small grin was on her muzzle, perhaps the Cakes should be introduced to her checklist system too! Checklists are helpful, nopony can go wrong with a checklist!

“I agreed and went upstairs to Pinkie’s room, but before I could knock on her door she opened the door and yanked me inside and locked the door from inside! The last time something like that happened she interrogated me, she can be scary y’know?” He wrung his hands a bit almost afraid said mare might appear to snatch him away.

“Wait, she has interrogated you before?! When was this?” Concern for her scaly friend was obvious.

“Around her birthday I think?” Spike tensed up as if revealing said information was a big no-no.

Oh. Oh! That birthday, right. More questions to ask Pinkie later.

“Anyway, she didn’t interrogate me and instead wanted my opinion on some project of hers. I had tried to tell her to aid the Cakes downstairs, but she covered my mouth with her hoof and told me to not worry about it.”

“So…?” While glad her little friend was dutiful to his task, she still wanted the explanation to hurry up, she was quite hungry. Spike did say there were cupcakes. Did he leave them in the kitchen maybe? A nearby table maybe? She began looking around as Spike resumed his tale.

“So, her project was some chalkboard thing with pictures of our friends and us and other ponies put on it, there were arrows and hearts doodled on it, she said something about ‘shipping project’. I asked if she took a side job as a mailmare, and she just giggled and lead me out of the room, saying she changed her mind.” Spike grumbled as this did effectively mean he had to help the Cakes troubles in Pinkie’s stead, he did get more cupcakes at the end though.

“Schppg?” Twilight had indeed found the snacks.

“Yep, so I was trying to figure it out down here while you were still studying, thought the boxes might give me a better idea, sorry about the mess Twi” Spike got up and began putting the empty cardboard boxes away back into the basement-laboratory-storage room.

“I can understand you trying to satiate your curiosity Spike, but if it’s something you see Pinkie, or Rainbow Dash for that matter, doing please don’t try to copy them.” She had finished her scarfing a moderate amount of cupcakes down.

“Yeah yeah, Dash’s stunts can be dangerous, Pinkie’s contraptions don’t make sense and your lab requires me to be careful, I know.” Plumes of smoke puffed from his nose as he recited her past warnings.

“Also! You are not to go to Pinkie’s room without supervision from here on.” The information Spike told left her concerned about what he sees when she’s not watching him and what he understands or might misunderstand. She is his guardian after all.

“What? Why?” Spike’s confusion is understandable.

“I do not trust Pinkie to treat you like the child you are Spike, seeing as she won’t hesitate to interrogate you” Must be firm Twilight! Who knows how Celestia will react to Spike’s childish ideas of romance changing if he really understood what he saw.

“But-”

“No buts Spike, I need to talk to Pinkie, can’t have her scarring a child’s mind!”

“What do you mean?” an eyebrow rose as Spike faced her.

“Never mind Spike! Just have this stuff put away when I return!” With that Twilight headed out of the Library.

He sighed, glad he only took empty boxes out and that the cork-board was light.

What exactly was one supposed to ship and to whom?

He didn’t get it.

Only he the ‘assistant’ was in the Library.

“She is such a bad Librarian, I wonder if I can get mom to give’s Twilight pay to me for doing all the work?”

He wanted another cupcake, there were diamond shavings he had hidden away.

Twilight had eaten all but one of the cupcakes.

He sighed again.

“She better bring back more.”