• Published 16th Nov 2013
  • 424 Views, 4 Comments

The Quest for Platinum's Crown - KyLiL-E



The new Princess Twilight, and her elements of harmony friends, have been assigned by Princess Celestia to go on a quest for the one and only, Princess Platinum's Crown. Will they find it in time before somepony else does?

  • ...
 4
 424

One Adventure After Another

It was nearly midnight. Twilight slowly stumbled to her bed in the Canterlot Castle. Her legs and wings eager to rest, aching from the anxiousness from her last adventure. She lay back and folded her cramping wings. As the young princess closed her eye lids, it wasn't long before she fell into a deep slumber.

The next morning, princess twilight woke up around mid day, due to how tiring yesterday had been. She raised her heavy eyelids and slowly rose out of bed, the warmness from under the blankets, escaped as she pushed them off of her body. Standing on all four hooves on the solid floor, Twilight yawned, and stretched out her wings.

"Twilight!" a call had sounded. Spike, a purple and green dragon, had ran into the room. Out of breath he struggled to push out the words out of his mouth.

"Spit it out Spike!" the princess ordered, stomping her hoof on the ground.

"Princess.... Celestia..... needs you.... in the ..... Throne Room." The baby dragon fell still out of breath. Twilight rolled her eyes and quickly ran a brush through her silky mane and set in her golden crown. She turned to the door and picked up the dragon onto her back, as she had been doing in the past.

Trotting down the halls, the clip clop of her hooves lightly touching the clean floor, had seemed to have waken up the rest of the elements of harmony. Twilight headed down the stairs and into the Throne Room. The young princess bowed down to Celestia, whom was reading from a scroll and trying to ease some soldiers and guards.

"Greetings princess, Celestia. You called for me?" Twilight arose from her bow and gave Celestia an honest stare. The look Celestia had, was one Twilight had not seen for some moons. She knew it had to be an emergency.

"Twilight, my former student. Something tragic has happened, and it is known to be one of our most serious threats in all of Equestria! We have been threatened by an anonymous mare, who threatens all of Equestria. Cloudsdale, Ponyville, Manehatten, all of it, and the ponies, turned to platinum, if we can't stop this mare. However, she claims the unicorn race will be fine." Celestia tried her best not to fidget around. "We have a theory, but it could be a fraud, we need your help to gather enough information to stop this disaster from happening. You are the only one who is capable to lead this journey."

"With all do respect Princess, but what is my task? and who is coming with me?"

"Those are simple answers, of course, the elements of harmony, and your friends are able to join you." The rest of the mane six trot up behind Twilight. "And the task, is you must travel to a wind blown place, covered by sheer snow and sorrow. This land has been forbidden, for it's mysterious dangers, but you must go there and get Princess Platinum's Crown."

"Why in all of Equestria would we need that?" Rainbow barged in. "I mean, it's probably old and rusty by now any way!"

"No Rainbow, not this kind of Platinum. Princess Platinum's crown is guarded and protected by olden ponies magic, forever to be protected, sworn by Starswirl the Bearded. By over 100 feet from the crown, whatever creature is near it, is sworn to slowly become indulged in hatred and selfishness for the crown for themselves. Wearing the elements will only protect you so much, but if gotten to close to the crown without the element, that pony will forever search for the crown and will never be able to be saved from the crown's sorcery."

The other ponies gasped in awe and fear, but Twilight stood with a determined look, regardless of what is soon to come. "Princess, if I must, why do you suppose this mystery mare desires this crown?" Celestia gulped and arose from her throne. "We presume the real Princess Platinum has asked the past Starswirl the bearded to send her here, the present, to take the crown back to where it belongs, doing so, she can fuse her magic from the crown then, and the crown now, to blow up time and Equestria, in revenge of all the other races of pony beside unicorns."

Rarity slowly shuffled a few feet, then stood by Twilight. "Why must we go on this, eh... mission? Could you not send your guards?" she said somewhat nauseated. The ruler shook her head.

"This is too much of a task for my soldiers, especially since they can not behold the Elements of Harmony like you mares. You leave tomorrow at dawn, pack your belongings and my sister Luna will assist you for a plan." Celestia bowed her head and trotted off to the large mob of worried guards.

Twilight spun around to see half worried, half nervous mares standing in fright. "It's okay girls, we got this, right?" The mares looked at one another and changed expressions. From sad to full of courage, they smiled and nodded their heads with a slight 'uh-hmm!'.

The ponies headed to their rooms to tidy up, then headed outside of the castle for lunch at a very fancy Canterlot worthy restaurant. Rarity of course, the most former looking mare, had a couple of chit chats along the walk there. However the other ponies remained somewhat silent in worry.

Then, Pinkie opened her mouth. "Okay, since you guys aren't going to speak, then I will.... I'm scared, okay? I'm scared of this mission, I'm scared of being blown up! I'm scared of us turning to platinum! I'm scared of-" Applejack placed her hoof over Pinkie's mouth. "It's going to fine Pinkie, I promise." She said removing her hoof. Pinkie blinked away tears and smiled giving Applejack a big hug.

"Well, ... I'm not scared of anything!" Rainbow stuttered with a cute little voice crack. "I-I mean come on! finding a piece of metal! c-can't be that hard, ... right?"

The rest of the gang shared glances as they walked into the cafe. "Table for six sir!" Twilight said with a cheery smile and soft voice. The waiter, seeing Twilight was a princess, took a bow and led them to a very fine and well looking spot in the outside area. "Here you are ma'am, I-I mean your honor." He took another bow.

The mares sat down. "Um... can we all just ... pretend to forget about the... um... task tomorrow?" Fluttershy squeaked. The others nodded in agreement. And before they knew it, they were talking and chit-chatting and mingling, almost as if they all didn't have something to worry about... but secretly, they all knew this would be one of the most dangerous missions.

They stopped by some stores and met a few friends along the way, trying to forget about their upcoming journey was not easy, but they pushed it to the side of their minds just to have some more fun before they leave.

"Wait a minute, shouldn't we be headin' back to the castle? Luna and spike are probably waitin' for us." the southern pony spoke. Twilight gasped "you're right Apple Jack! oh! The princess will be so mad at my irresponsibility!" Twilight started to gallop away, but Rarity had caught her tail. "Now, now darling. You're a princess now, you can be in charge of yourself." Twilight spun around. "But princess Celestia is ruler of all of Equestria, even me! Why, she could even take my royal position away if she wanted!" The other ponies exchanged glances. "Why would Celestia do that? She's been kind to you all these years hasn't she?" Fluttershy put her wing around the young princess for comfort. Twilight nodded and smiled.

Together they trotted back to the castle in no rush at all.

Comments ( 4 )

Don't forget to leave me feedback! :scootangel::rainbowkiss::twilightsheepish::pinkiehappy:

I like this so far. I think this is a solid plot and you can do a lot of things with it. There are a few grammatical errors in there, but forgetting that it's a solid story so far. Even so, it seemed like you were starting to run out of steam towards the end: the last paragraph seems a bit weak to me.

3495243 okie dokie lokie! I'll try to work on that. Thank you! I am trying to work on the next chapter, so thank you for your feedback! :twilightsmile:

So far So Good! Can't wait for the next parts of the story to release! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment