• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 10,190 Views, 404 Comments

My Little Human: Equestrian Girl - Jgame



When Twilight comes back from her week long visit to her brother's house, she finds out that everything has changed. Canterlot High is babbling about some magic girl from another world, but Twilight knows better. There's no such thing as ma

  • ...
44
 404
 10,190

Chapter Three

Twilight walked around the city aimlessly, trying to figure out what to do. She wasn't going to get an opportunity to look at the mirror again without risking being caught by the guards, and she wasn't eager to chance being dragged off into a dungeon or worse.

Her sense of panic rose as no immediate solution came.

No, Twilight scolded herself, there has to be some other way out of here. I just need information.

Information... that was it! She needed information, and the one place where that was handed out in abundance was a library. Judging by the nineteenth century architecture around her, she doubted she was going to have access to a computer to Google 'ways to get out of here,' but she could still crack open a book and start reading.

She found a random stallion and asked for directions. After asking if she was a tourist, the stallion pointed her in the right direction: five blocks south, and then turn left and walk another five blocks.

It took Twilight a moment to realize that the stallion had a horn like hers, and it was glowing the same colour as a shopping bag that levitated right next to him.

"Um, why is that shopping bag glowing?" Twilight asked.

"What do you mean? It's just magic," the stallion answered like she'd asked him if the sky was blue.

"Never mind," Twilight squeaked, "thanks for the directions."

"No problem," the stallion said with genuine warmness.

Twilight walked hurriedly away.

Magic. There it was, hovering quite literally in front of her face. She wasn't sure whether to scream or to cry.

Never mind that, Twilight steeled herself, you have a goal: get to the library, read your brains out, and get the heck out of here!


Twilight Sparkle was pretty sure she had taken a wrong turn somewhere. She had walked five blocks south, and then turned right and walked another five blocks. The promised library was nowhere in sight.

Twilight sighed as she realized her mistake. She was so proccupied with her thoughts she forgot she was supposed to have turned left.

Twilight pouted and turned around.

"Twilight?" a voice called out.

Twilight lifted her head upwards to find another pony. Instead of a horn, however, she possessed a pair of butter yellow feathery wings and a furry coat, with a light pink mane to match. She had a trio of fluttering pink butterflies on her flank.

But when Twilight looked into her eyes, she started to get major déjà vu that she couldn't quite put her finger on. Or hoof, in her case.

"Hi," Twilight said, "um, how do you know my name?"

"Twilight? It's me, Fluttershy," Fluttershy said and then gasped. "Where are your wings? What happened?"

"I really don't know what you're talking about. I've never had wings in my life, and I think I would remember you if I really knew you. You must be confusing me with someone else."

Fluttershy looked throughly offended and hurt.

"Look, Fluttershy, I'm not pulling your leg here. I really don't know you."

"Twilight!" another voice called. The source came from another winged pony, this time with three non-winged friends in tow.

"Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy called out to the other ponies in alarm, "something terrible has happened! She doesn't remember who we are, and she doesn't have her wings!"

"I don't know who you guys are, but you really do have me confused with someo- somepony else. No crazy, terrible things happening here," Twilight said.

An orange mare, who had no wings and no horn, examined Twilight closely. "She ain't the Twilight we know. She doesn't have that little pink streak in her mane, and besides, the Twilight we know is in the castle with Princess Cadence. Still, she looks pretty close to her, doesn't she? If you don't notice the wings at first, she looks just like her."

"Maybe she's her evil twin," a pink mare with a poofy mane said thoughtfully.

"I very much doubt that," a white mare with a horn coughed.

A cyan mare with wings and a mane that reminded Twilight of the rainbow tunnel raised her eyebrow. (As much as she could being completely furry.) "You know, this kind of reminds me of what Twilight was talking about. The whole thing about having a copy of yourself over on the other side."

Twilight blinked. "So... about this whole 'other world' thing. Would it involve a marble statue? Maybe a mirror? A rainbow vortex? Humans?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so," the orange mare said, "wait a minute, how do you know anything? No offense, but that stuff ain't exactly common knowledge."

Twilight couldn't think of a convincing lie, so she told the truth. "Well, I'm... a human. Or I was, until I got turned into this," Twilight said as she indicated her newly changed body.

"So you're a human," Fluttershy said in amazement, "what do you eat? How do you walk? I heard humans don't have a tail. How do you keep your balance on two legs?"

Twilight merely blinked again. "Um, we just learn to walk without a tail?"

"So if you look like Twilight, and you turned around when we said your name, then you must be the other Twilight that Twilight couldn't find!" the pink mare exclaimed in light of her new discovery.

"Pinkie Pie, what in Equestria do you mean?" the white mare asked.

"She's Twilight's copy from another world!"

The rest of the group suddenly had a much more keen interest in Twilight.

"My, I never expected to find this, out of all things just walking around the Crystal Empire," the white mare said, "what brings you here to our world, darling?"

"To be honest, I kind of fell into a statue and I've been trying to find a way to get home ever since," Twilight said.

"You fell into a statue?" the cyan mare asked, "what kind of egghead does that?"

Twilight decided to ignore the comment. "Look, I'm happy you've found your sort-of-a-friend-from-another-world, but I kind of need to get back home before my parents figure out I'm missing and call the police."

The mares all exchanged silent looks of agreement.

"Well, we can help ya with that. We'll get you to Twilight, maybe she'll have an idea how to get ya home," the orange mare said.

Twilight grit her teeth. Talking to her super-famous other self was the last thing she wanted to do, but going to the library and reading was a lame plan compared to a quick ticket home. "All right," she decided, "take me to Twilight."

"I don't mean to be a bother," Fluttershy said as they started to walk back in the direction the previously homo sapien Twilight had come from, "but I'd like to know about humans. Do you mind telling us about them?"

"What is there to say?" Twilight asked, "we have two legs and no tail. Not much else to talk about."

"But what do you eat? Are you herbivorous or are you omnivores?"

"Omnivores. Although we don't eat hay, if you're wondering."

"So does the Pinkie Pie in your world throw lots and lots of parties?" the pink mare asked, whom Twilight assumed was Pinkie Pie.

"Uh, well, I guess so," Twilight said, "not that I've ever been invited to one, but yeah."

"Why not?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Well, it just never seemed like my idea of fun."

"Well, I think somepony needs to go to more parties," Pinkie Pie declared, "I mean, how could you not have fun at a party?"

If I answer, it'll only encourage her, Twilight realized.

"So tell me, what kinds of clothes do humans usually wear?" the white mare asked, saving Twilight from the overly hyper wrath of Pinkie Pie.

Twilight blinked. They were all completely naked, including Twilight herself. Not even her backpack or purse survived the trip through the statue. "You wear clothes?"

"Of course! Do humans not wear clothes?"

"No, we definitely do," Twilight said.

The questions continued as they walked at an infuriatingly slow pace.

Twilight gradually learned their names as the conversation continued. The white mare was named Rarity, the cyan one was Rainbow Dash, and the orange one was named Applejack.

And in the back of her mind, those names and faces all seemed familiar to her.


Eventually, they finally reached the castle. Several guards stood straighter as they passed, including the grey guard that had thought she was clueless. Twilight wondered if that was becasue they recognized Twilight's friends, or thought that it was Twilight herself.

She got her answer when the guard from earlier, Flash Sentry, had mistakenly greeted her as Princess Twilight.

Twilight sighed and stepped out of the middle of the group of mares to show that she had no wings. Flash Sentry stood there dumbfounded and gave a hasty apology before running off.

"Wait, Princess Twilight?" Twilight whispered to the other mares once she had rejoined them.

"Uh, did we not mention that part to you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No. You didn't."

"Whoops," Pinkie Pie said, "well, now you know!"

"Thanks for telling me," Twilight said.

"Ah' guess it was a little rude of us to be askin' all the questions," Applejack admitted.

Rarity turned towards the group as a pony dressed as a servant ran off. "I've arranged for a messenger to tell us we're looking for Twilight."

"What? We know she's with Princess Cadence! Can't we just go in?" Rainbow Dash protested.

"We have to have some standards, dear. We can't just walk in on a royal conversation between Princess Cadence and Princess Twilight," Rarity said.

"I wouldn't want to just barge in on them," Fluttershy added.

"Well," Twilight prompted, "this would be great time to explain to me about the other world and all the other important things you've forgot to tell me."


Princess Twilight sipped her tea as she kept an amiable silence with her old foalsitter and current ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadence.

"You know, I think you did very well for your first summit," Princess Cadence said, breaking the silence.

"Thanks," Princess Twilight said in a mixture of thankfulness and surprise.

"You were worried about it," Princess Cadence said as a statement rather than a guess, "I could tell just by looking at you whenever you spoke."

Princess Twilight winced. "Was it that obvious?"

Princess Cadence chuckled. "Yes, but I think the fact that you made your arguments and thoughts known in spite of your fear only increased Celestia's and Luna's opinion of you."

Princess Twilight smiled. "Thanks. But I was Celestia's student. I don't think she'd ever think badly of me."

"True," Princess Cadence admitted, "and speaking of which, if I know Celestia, she's going to be expecting you to take on a student of your own soon."

"Me?" Princess Twilight yelped, "but... I'd be a horrible teacher!"

"You underestimate yourself, Twilight," Princess Cadence said, "if you weren't there at my wedding, Equestria would be overrun with changelings. And that's not mentioning how you managed to go through a portal, retrieve your crown from a foreign land, and come back in three days only to be thrown headfirst into politics. You can do anything you set your mind to, Twilight. Never forget that."

"Thank you," Princess Twilight said, although her lips pursed slightly. The memory of being the only one in the room who seemed to not harbour a blind hatred for changelings when reports of various rumours of changeling sightings swam back unbidden to her.

In the end, Princess Twilight had made a compromise with the other princesses: wait until concrete proof of the changeling's return to act.

Still, Princess Twilight couldn't help but wonder if Princess Cadence was trying her best not to express her disagreement over the issue, in spite of mutual agreements to do otherwise.

A knock at the door sounded.

"Come in," Princess Cadence said.

A messenger trotted into the room nervously. "Erm, the ponies Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy say they have something urgent to show you. They've asked permission to come here."

Princess Twilight sighed. They were her best friends. She had told them to just knock on the door and walk in, but if she had to guess Rarity and Fluttershy had convinced the group to act otherwise. "Permission granted."

The messenger bowed and hurried out the door.

"Wonder what they found," Princess Cadence wondered.

"Probably something interesting," Princess Twilight said.

A few minutes later, her friends walked through the door with a visitor in tow. With a start, she realized the visitor looked almost exactly like her, minus an inch of height, a pink streak in her mane, and wings.

The visitor looked at Princess Twilight with a mixture of curiosity and annoyance, as if she was a celebrity that had been talked about to death but was still worth visiting.

"Hi," the visitor said flatly, "my name is Twilight Sparkle, and I'm your clone from an alternate universe. I heard you could point me in the right direction."

"That's an... interesting claim to make," Princess Cadence said.

"Well, it sure isn't something you hear every day," Princess Twilight joked.

"Nope!" Pinkie Pie agreed, "it sure isn't!"

"It sounds nutty," Rainbow Dash added, "but I think she's telling the truth. We found her wandering around lost in the Crystal Empire. We had to explain a lot of stuff to her. She said she got here by accident, so we thought you'd be able to help us get her back in the portal to the other world."

Princess Twilight arched an eyebrow. "Other world? Portal via a marble horse statue that rears up at you?"

"Yes," Twilight confirmed.

Princess Twilight and Princess Cadence exchanged glances and knew they were thinking the exact same thing.

"So," the lavender princess said, "mind explaining to me how you got here by accident?"

The Twilight from the other world obliged. She explained being gone from Canterlot High when Princess Twilight had visited, and coming back to find Canterlot High rather changed. She went on to say there had been a rumour about putting one's hand on the portal and focusing, which she had done after a week of mulling it over. In her attempt, she had had a reaction which caused her to put her hand through solid marble and had then fallen through to the other world.

It was a rather detailed story, Princess Twilight had to admit.

"Well, it's believable," Princess Cadence remarked.

"But there's a few things wrong with your story," Princess Twilight said.

Twilight looked at her other self with indignance. "Like what?"

"First off, there was no way you could have used the portal in the first place," Princess Twilight said, "there's a small time window that it's open, and the next one is about twenty-nine and a half moons away.

"Second, humans don't use magic.

"Third, even if humans did, your 'reaction' is highly improbable to happen. The closest proven case that has been scientifically documented is a unicorn's power surges, that begins when the unicorn is just a filly and dissipates fully by the time a unicorn reaches adolescence.

"In other words," Princess Twilight summarized, "it's not scientifically possible that your story is real."

"You live in a world shoved to the brim with magic spells, and you think I'm lying because it's not scientifically possible?" Twilight demanded.

"Magic is derived by science," Princess Twilight said as if she was talking to a child.

"But... but... argh! Fine! Try to scientifically explain why I'm here, and why I look almost exactly like you with the same name as you!" Twilight snapped.

"She has a point," Princess Cadence said, "I can tell just by looking at her face that she's either not lying, or insane. And madponies usually don't have such well put together stories. But, there is a third option..."

Princess Twilight knew what her equal was talking about. A lavender light washed over the room, averting everypony's eyes except for Twilight's, who was caught unawares.

When the glow subsided, the visitor blinked several times. "Ow. That was really bright. Could you warn me next time before you shove a purple flashlight in my face? I'm still seeing spots."

"Well, she's not a changeling," Princess Twilight remarked, "so I guess the only real logical option that's left is the first one."

"I'm not a change-whatever you called it. Now can you tell me why you thought it necessary to burn my eyes out of my sockets?"

"Wimp," Rainbow Dash muttered.

"It's a changeling reveal spell," Princess Twilight explained.

"As you can see, princesses, I don't really look that revealed, aside from the part where I'm still wearing no clothes," Twilight said dryly, "now, can we skip to the part where you use your phenomenal cosmic power to get me home?"

"We don't have phenomenal cosmic power," Cadence said, clearly amused by the sarcastic jest, "but we do have a portal."

"But I thought the portal was closed," Fluttershy reminded everypony in the room.

"Only one way to find out," Princess Twilight said.