• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 232 Views, 5 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Rise of the Nightmares - Giratina3456



An old friend of the Doctor's, Silver Stream has been pocessed by the dark power of the nightmare ponies and now serves as their avatar of destruction, can he, Compass Rose and Luna end her reign of evil before it is too late to save Equestria?

  • ...
 5
 232

Fall of Canterlot

Doctor Whooves
Rise of the Nightmare
Chapter 2
Fall of Canterlot

The Nightmares took off high into the cloud covered sky and began to pursue poor Compass Rose's trail. “Blizzard.” Called out Typhoon, The blue nightmare turned her head and responded,

“Yes?”

“You were allies with the little pest, what would you predict her actions to be?” asked the green nightmare.

“If I was her, I'd barricade myself in my home but that was my former life, I assume she would find someone who would now how to fight us.” answered Nightmare Blizzard.

“Like Celestia?” she asked with a slight tune she faced forward in her flight path and grinned evilly. The two nightmares changed their path and took off in the direction of Equestria's Capital city: Canterlot.

Compass Rose began to grow weary as she finally landed upon the terrace of the palace, she had flown all the way from the Everfree Forest, she paused a moment and caught her breath again, she ran up to the a group of guards patrolling the front of the palace,

“Halt, please state your business, ma'am.” said one of the guards noticing her presence. She panted for was still low on breath,

“An urgent message for the princesses.” answered the gray mare, The guards detected no lie in her statement.

“Very well, We shall announce you immediately-” said the guard before he got cut off.

“There is no time, We may be in serious danger!” yelled out Compass Rose.

“Very well, I escort you immediately.”

The guard had brought her into the throne room. Celestia had been writing a response to a letter she had received earlier, most likely from her student Twilight Sparkle in Ponyville. She paused when she noticed the guard and Compass Rose gallop up to the throne. He removes his helmet and bows in her presence.

“Your majesty, This mare has an urgent message for you and your sister's attention.” said the Guard.

“Huh did someone mention me?” said Luna overhearing the Guard. She trotted out from another room and joined her sister.

“Ah yes, Luna this is Compass Rose, she says that she has something important to say.” replied Celestia. They their heads to face her. Compass Rose spoke

“Your Highness-es, I have just flown a long way, from the Everfree Forest, I witnessed a great evil, one that Equestria has not faced in a long time, A nightmare.” The princesses' eye's widened and Luna lifted her hoof in shock. The turned giving each other a horrified stare.

“How can this be? We rid Equestria of the last nightmare a long time ago.” spoke Celestia.

“I don't know your highness, but my eye's did not deny me, her power was real and she took control of my best friend.” said Compass Rose.

Celestia's expression softened to a look of sorrow. “I fear that this force is on it's way here and this entire city will be in danger, If not they may already be here!” she added.

“We understand Compass Rose, I do fear that these two may be after Luna, the nightmare ponies refereed to her as their queen while she was one of them. Guards prepare to make a barrier around the city!” she calls out to the royal guards and they scurry outside to prepare a barrier.

“Sister, It's time to lower the sun and for me to lift the moon.” commented Luna.

“Your right Luna, Compass you are welcome to join us.” replied Celestia. The two sisters begin a trot to the outside, both with a look of concern on their face. Compass paused a moment to think everything that happened through a moment before trotting after the two sisters.

They arrived at a different area of the terrace, Celestia took her place on the platform where the sun raising and sun setting took place, This time it was different, no ponies gave audience besides Compass Rose, the guards had sealed the perimeter of the palace and would let no pony in. Celestia's grew ablaze with light and the sun began to make its final descent below the far away mountain peaks. She nodded and the glow on her horn faded. She stepped down from the platform where Luna trotted up to take her place. Her horn gleamed with a blue aura as the moon began to move up into the night sky.

The nightmares had the castle in their sights, “Now for our queen to be reborn.” called out Nightmare Typhoon to Nightmare Blizzard. The slowed as they began to descend upon the castle. Typhoon violently fluttered her wings and formed a massive whirlwind. She pushed this whirlwind towards the palace, many guards were tossed around like rag dolls in the wind's mercy. The alicorn sisters and Compass Rose turned their heads to the sound of the whirlwind striking the palace.

“What do we do now!?” called out Compass Rose in fear.

“I suggest you and Luna leave this place.” said Celestia trotting up to her.

“What? Why have that?” asked Compass Rose.

“I can buy the two of you enough time to escape them and get away from this place. They are here for Luna and seeing her hurt or being captured is the last thing I need to happen.” answered Celestia.

“Oh sister..” said Luna calmly with a sorrow struck look on her face.

“It will be alright Luna.” She said with a attempt at a reassuring smile. “I suggest you flee to Ponyville, It isn't far from here, That is where you will find my student Twilight, she and her friends wield the Elements of Harmony, we will need their help.” added Celestia. “One more thing Compass, Take this with you...” Celestia takes an amulet out of a nearby case, “This Amulet will protect you from their magic.” Celestia finished.

“Thank you your highness..” she said accepting the amulet and bowing her head. A small tear tinkled down her cheek. Luna and Celestia embrace each other in a tight hug.

“Goodbye sister.” whispered Luna in Celestia's ear,

“It won't be a long goodbye, I promise.” Celestia whispered back. They release each other. Luna and Compass flapped their wings and took off into the pitch black night. Celestia sighed in sorrow.


The two nightmares appeared overhead the sun raising platform. They made their final descent. And landed right on the platform. “Well, well,well if it isn't dear Princess Celestia!” called out Blizzard with a dark grin.

Typhoon was angered “Curses! I see you have already sent your dear little sister away from this place, well at least its not entirely without profit.” her face softened to a smile. The guards began to regroup and swarmed around the two nightmares. Typhoon scoffs, “Ha! So back for more eh?” Her eyes glowed bright and a blast of energy fountain from her eyes, the guards went flying and Celestia was knocked over.

Typhoon to advantage of Celestia's temporary immobility and pounced on top of her, “This Palace is ours from now on!” The two began to engage in a brawl of kicking and biting and magic. Celestia then sent a blinding light at Typhoon in an opportunity to escape, Typhoon flailed her hooves and screamed out, Celestia began to pull herself away from Typhoon, but her efforts were thwarted when Typhoon then jabbed her hooves down on Celestia's chest. She gasped in pain and looked up at her opponent. Typhoon yelled out, “If we can't have Luna, THEN WE SHALL HAVE YOU!!” her eyes glowed violently with nightmare energy. Celestia took her finally option and she sent another blinding light and bucked Typhoon off her. She flapped her wings and flew upwards fast. Blizzard tried to catch up with her but on her attempt she slammed against what seemed to be a solid surface, but she then noticed it was a force field.

A guard that managed to not get blown off the palace lied motionless, but his eyes were open and his horn glowed brightly. Typhoon's fury engulfed her, she trotted slowly up to the injured stallion. “For... the... princess..” he spoke to her. Typhoon sent a fiery wave of energy at the guard.

Luna had cried most of the journey to Ponyville, she feared her sister would die, but she kept going on and refused to turn back. Compass just stared sorrowfully at the path ahead. Ponyville came into view and the landed upon one of the bridges that crosses the stream the travels through town. Luna lowered her head and sighed.

“What now?” asked Compass Rose.

“We wait till morning, If there is a morning to be had..” she answered softly lowering her head.

“Princess Luna? I didn't now you were going to visit Ponyville.” said a voice from behind them. They simultaneously turned there heads and a chestnut colored stallion stood before them.

Luna put a slight smile on her face “Hello again, Doctor.”

Comments ( 5 )

can't wait for more:pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Giratina3456 deleted Oct 4th, 2013
Comment posted by Giratina3456 deleted Oct 4th, 2013

3298687 Chapter 3 will be up in a few days, hang on to your hat. :twilightsmile:

alrighty then!

Login or register to comment