• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 232 Views, 5 Comments

Doctor Whooves: The Rise of the Nightmares - Giratina3456



An old friend of the Doctor's, Silver Stream has been pocessed by the dark power of the nightmare ponies and now serves as their avatar of destruction, can he, Compass Rose and Luna end her reign of evil before it is too late to save Equestria?

  • ...
 5
 232

Birth of the Storm

Doctor Whooves:
Rise of the Nightmare
Chapter 1:
Birth of the Storm

3 months later....

Silver Stream had left her quiet riverside home of Foalsom. She seeked new adventure, she went around Equestria and tried all there was and saw all there was. Her friends back in Foalsom had encouraged her to go see the world, and travel for a while. It was the main reason for her travels, but deep down, she wanted to find the Doctor again.

She had found herself awoken by the gray light of morning, beside a misty creek in the Everfree Forest, she had lifted her head and peered up at the opening in the canopy and took a deep breath. She rose to her hooves and lifted her bags over her back. Looking around at the brush of the forest floor and remembered the direction she was traveling to. She began her hike through the trees again.

She pushed her way through the thick vines the strung themselves through the trees. It finally appeared in sight the lost temple of the Everfree. It's towering pillars stood strong despite its great ages and the structure’s wall paintings had faded away to the point of where it was undecipherable. She didn't mind, for that wasn't the reason she was there. She had come to look for the lost treasure of the Everfree itself, but unaware to her, she wasn't alone.

On the far side of the temple, two mares approached the aged structure. The blue pegasus kept her eyes in a stare down at her hooves, so she would not accidentally step in mud or whatever may else may exist in the forest. The gray pegasus kept her eyes forward and remained determined to explore the temple.

“Honestly Compass Rose! Did you have to pick a place so dark and smelly, Couldn't we have gone to a luxury spa resort or something, Ah! The stench is horrid!” complained the blue pegasus.

“Oh, please don't complain Frost Lace, you let me choose the trip.” said Compass Rose turning her head back to Frost Lace.

“HMP!” she scoffed while turning her head away. They proceeded in.

Silver entered the temple from the other entrance. The air around her was ominous and eerie. It gave a creepy vibe that made Silver Stream question why she entered this place after all. But despite her mental desire to leave, she pushed her self to continue on.

Compass Rose and Frost Lace entered a chamber within the large structure, “Oooohh, This must be where the cooked and prepared the food!” she said as she galloped around the old containers.

“These ancient ponies must have had very exquisite parties.” commented Frost Lace. They eventually finish there investigation of the room and proceed on.

“C'mon! I want to see the main chamber in the center of the temple!” called out Compass Rose as she galloped off. Her voice echoed off the walls as she ran. Frost Lace just graceful followed her.

Silver had arrived at the Center hall already by then. The opening at the top of the roof allowed sunlight to shine down right into the platform at the center of the hall. Compass Rose walked up to the opening to the chamber when she noticed the other pony in the room as well, she watched the wintergreen mare make her way down the steps of the temple to the center platform in the middle of the room.

“Compass? Where did you go?” asked Frost from down the hall. “Oh there you are dear, I was wonderi-” Compass had pulled Frost Lace behind a column and covered her chatty mouth with her hooves.

“Shhhhhh.... Were not alone..” she whispered in Frost Lace's ear. Compass peered around the column to get a look at the mare below.

To Silver Stream's surprise, the room began to get darker. She looked around and then up to discover the moon beginning to cover over Celestia's sun. A solar eclipse. “Oh whoa...” Silver whispered to herself.

“I don't suppose they're here for the royal treasure, are they?” she whispered over to Frost Lace.

“wha- TREASURE?!” she yelled out as she peeked over the column. Compass quickly pulled her back. Frost went to the other side of the pillar. “ROYALTY!?” she yelled again. Compass pulled her back again, hoping the pony didn't hear them, but their luck had run out. Silver Stream heard the sound of talking coming from somewhere in the room.

“Who's there?” she called out looking around in different directions.

From the skylight opening a dark mist began to pour down into the chamber. “uh.. NO ONE!” called out Frost Lace.

Compass covered Frost's mouth again “Shut up!” she hissed in her ear. The mist reached the platform and circled around Silver Stream. She took a step back but quickly withdrew when she notice it had her surrounded.

“w-whats going on?” she calls out in confusion.

“Whats happening?” whispered Frost Lace up to Compass Rose. Compass peered over the coll um, she squinted her eyes to get a good view of the pegasus. She had a glimpse of her before the mist suddenly engulfed poor Silver Stream whole. Silver let out a shriek of pain.

“Take cover!” yelled Compass pushing Frost Lace to the floor and holding her down. A surge of energy spread through the area but soon calmed and all became silent.

Compass managed to push herself to her hooves and looked to see if the mare was ok. Her eyes widened at what she gazed upon. The pegasus that stood there was no longer as she was, her mane had became longer and whipped around in the wind. Her coat had darken and her size had almost doubled, almost the size of the alicorn sisters. The mare's head hanged low and motionless. The mist faded away completely. The silence was finally broken at the sound of a sinister laugh emanating from the pegasus' mouth, It echoed across the room. She opened her eyes , now appearing to be those of a snake and lifted her head to the sky.

Frost Lace in her ignorance of the laugh peers around the column and calls out “Hello~ are you ok!?”

Compass pulled her back behind the column. “It's clearly more sinister now! Run!” she told Frost Lace and pushed her to the door. “Ah, fresh meat.” called out the mare that was Silver Stream. She took off after the two pegasi fleeing for they're lives.

Frost let out a long scream of terror as the gallop for their lives. “Don't worry Frost! The hallways here are like a maze, she will never find us!” she called to her trying to keep her calm. It didn't seem to help but at least she stopped screaming. “We will be ok-” yelled Compass Rose before she got cut off by the wall crumbling down on top of them. On the other side of the wall, hurricane speed winds flurried around and through the wall. The dark pegasus stood just on the other, her hair still drifting around from the winds.

The two managed to lift themselves from the rubble and huddle up to each other in fear as the mare approached. “Hello mortal ponies~” said the mare with an evil grin across her face.

“Who are you? Asked Compass with a bit of a studded.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT!?” screamed out Frost Lace sounding like a crybaby.

The mare smirked. “Who am I you ask?” she begins fluttering her wings lifting her of the ground “In my mortal life I was known as 'Silver Stream' but no more! For now I am, NIGHTMARE TYPHOON!” she roared.

The pegasai embrace each other again, this time tighter. Frost then frowned and retorted to the nightmare, “I have never heard of you.”

Nightmare Typhoon immediately growled under her breath and landed on the floor stomping her hooves and got close to the blue mares face and yelled, “Just because I am a new nightmare does not mean you can immediately disgrace me!!” Her yell made Frost Lace's mane blow back. She lifted her head back up and pounded her hoof again.

“Well what are you gonna do with us..?” asked the fearful Compass Rose. The nightmare smirked again,

“I was chosen by the nightmare energy to create a new army, and I think I'll start with you two.” she said leaning her head down to their faces.

“What has anypony ever done to you? Why do this?” asked Compass.

“WHY!? Because of you equestrians the Nightmares were destroyed, now you all must pay the price!!” yelled out Typhoon. “But how will you pull it off, there is only one of you.” commented Compass Rose.

“Well lets see,” hissed Typhoon as her eyes began to glow “Who wants to volunteer first?” asked staring at the pegasai.

After a moment of silence Frost Asked “Is there any benefits?”

“Frost!” hissed Compass Rose at Frost Lace.

“Oh yes, not only absolute superiority to everypony else, but amazing power and long life.” replied Typhoon.

“How do I sign up?” asked Frost Lace rising to her hooves and trotting up to the nightmare.

“You can sign up now” answered Typhoon. Streams of dark energy flowed from Typhoon's eyes and strait into Frost's. Compass watched in horror as her friend began to transform into a nightmare pony. "Welcome, Nightmare Blizzard." added Typhoon.

When the transformation ended the mare that was Frost Lace exclaimed “Ahhh the felt great! Now my dear Nightmare Typhoon we will rule this petty world!!”

Compass to advantage of their distraction and took off down the hall. She spread her wings open and began flying as fast as her wings can carry her. “What the- GET HER!” screamed out Nightmare Typhoon. The two nightmares made chase. But It was too late by the time they arrived, Compass Rose was far gone. Nightmare Typhoon growled loudly in her frustration.

Compass had made her way out of the Everfree Forest and past over the skies of Ponyville. She did not plan to stop there, she proceeded on to the place where she could find the only pony who could stop them, Canterlot.