• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 4,609 Views, 212 Comments

Zaps Apple - Electuroo



A young colt with no memories of who or what he was, with only the nightmares of the darkness that took everything away, only to find the light of escape to whole new beginning...

  • ...
15
 212
 4,609

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: Parrrrrttttay!

Zaps Apple
Chapter 11: Parrrrrttttay!

“SURPRISE!!!”

A sudden light blinded me for a few seconds. Startled and shocked, I began to see ponies emerge from different locations all around the barn, yelling it out. I started to notice the different colours of ribbon all over the place, the tables of food, the games, the ponies smiling, and by a station of some sort, the white unicorn with a spiky blue mane and big purple glasses.

In the centre of the barn, lay boxes of all sizes piled around a large cake... I started to get that feeling again, as everything all of a sudden seemed to change once more...


I stood with my brother Armour McApple and about 30 or so other ponies, all gathered around. I was the only child in the crowd and was using my brother to get higher to see my mum on a raised platform in front of everypony.

Her horn glowed as she spoke. “Well done everypony, it has been another great harvest and the season’s celebrations can begin!” The ponies began cheering and clapping their hooves against the stone surfaces. “We have all worked so hard in our little kingdom, it might be out of the way and hardly noticed, but we all live in harmony and the friendship and family bonds we share with each other mean so much, for not only do we today celebrate another grand harvest of Harmony Apples but we also celebrate my son’s birthday!”

Armour McApple walked past as everypony turned to look at me. Looking at the ground, I could feel myself turning red in the face. I hid behind his head and neck much as I could. “Mum! This is embarrassing!” I cried out.

She smiled happily, looking down at me from the platform; many other ponies were cheering in delight. “The festival is not over yet everypony! The fruits of our labour are ready to eat! The ponies with their music are ready to play! And there are games for us all to enjoy! Let us make this another grand festival of the Harmony Harvest! ENJOY!”

Harmony Rose looked at a pegasus and earth pony beside her smile at each other. She Pressed her horn against their heads and a bright glow shone through it. A beam of energy shot up into the air and exploded with colour, leaving a wondrous magical aurora skimming through the sky high above the small town and castle in its wake.

She stepped down from the platform and walked towards us as the crowd of ponies went their separate ways to enjoy the festival, talk amongst each other and dance to the music that was being played. A few danced together, mare and stallion.

“I think this year is our best yet, don't you think?”

“Indeed mother, it really is a treat to see everypony enjoying another successful year,” Armour McApple said with a warm smile. “And even better with the marriage to Sunny Day... oh she brighten...” He got a kick to the back of the neck from me. “Ow! What was that for!?”

“No mushy stuff you promised!” I snapped at him.

Harmony picked me up off his back and placed me on the ground. “Go and enjoy the festival my little cutie.”

“Ok mum!” I almost ran into a white unicorn with a pink mane and tail who was coming towards us. “Sorry Sunny.” I looked up at her. “I wasn't watching where I was going!”

“It’s fine, just be careful ok?” She patted me softly on the head.

“I will! Can I go play with Nighty?” I asked with pleading eyes.

Sunny giggled at my expression “How could I say no to those cute big eyes?” she giggled again. “My sister’s over by the table where they’re serving food, I believe. Go and have fun.” Sunny Day smiled at me and I return the smile with a “YAY!” and then was gone, dashing to the food stands.


A massive bang snapped me out of the flashback. I yelped in surprise as a big round tube on wheels exploded tiny bits paper and string at me, causing me to leap back into Fluttershy's forelegs, who was just as surprised as I was with what Pinkie Pie just did.

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, was in fits of laughter. I heard everypony else laughing too “Sorry Fluttershy... that was really surprising...” I jumped out of her hooves and she stood back on all fours.

“It’s ok” she giggled.

Pinkie Pie stood by her strange device, tapping it “What do you think of the Party Cannon? It was a real bang of a surprise wasn't it?”

I couldn't help but laugh “It sure was!” I looked more closely at the ‘Party Cannon,’ as she called it. “Can I try?”

“Sure!” Pinkie Pie picked me up with her front hooves and dropped me next to the cannon string. “Now take your hooves on the string and pull your hardest!”

“OK!” I replied, took it with both hooves and pulled my hardest as she had suggested. In the corner of my eye, I saw her step back a little.

BANG

The Party Cannon exploded, throwing colourful bits of paper and string all over Rainbow Dash, covering her normally blue fur with a layer of multicoloured dots. “Sorry!” I called out, seeing what I had done. “I didn't mean too!!!”

Rainbow Dash chuckled, spitting out some of the tiny paper pieces. “Hehe don't worry kiddo, nice shot for your first try at the Party Cannon.” She raised up a mug and drunk some of it contents. “How’d you like the surprise? Awesome right?”

Pinkie Pie put me down on the ground and I went over to her. “Sure is Rainbow Dash, I really like it, but what’s the music being played by the white unicorn? I’ve never seen anypony play music without instruments before.” I got a surprised look from Rainbow Dash. “Wha-what?” I felt rather nervous.

“You said 'instruments before'...” She was trying to place the words. “You said you don't remember much, how is it you know about musical instruments?” She notice my fear as my eyes fell from hers. “Hey, I’m not mad, just... curious. Come on squirt, tell me, nothing bad’s gonna happen I promise.”

I gazed back into her eyes. “I had one of those flashback things again... third one today... my head feels really weird with all the new things popping all over the place in my head... I remember some of what I saw but not all... at first it was all there but then... nothing...” I sighed heavily. “I recalled something about a festival and ponies playing musical instruments... two pony names I remember were Sunny Day and Nighty... an older and younger sister... I think Nighty was a friend of mine... I’m just not so sure...” I tried to explain.

Rainbow Dash gave me a small cup of some liquid and lowered herself to my eye level. “Yeah those things do that to ya, sometimes you reenact them as if you were really there, trust me, even I’ve done it a few times” she whispered to me. “But that’s our little secret ok?” she winked at me.

I looked at the cup’s contents then back to Rainbow Dash. “Ok Rainbow.” I beamed and drunk some of the contents “Wow this is really tasty!”

“I know right?” she smirked. “Now let’s go and play some games, Scootaloo and her friends are over there, I think they also owe you a little something.”

“Huh?” Then I remembered them running off without me. “Oh that... erm... that was kinda my fault... I was distracted by the picture they’d put up in the clubhouse,” I said to her as we walked over to them. Sweetie Belle was stood with what seemed to be a tail in her mouth, wearing a black sheet over her eyes and began walking towards a poster. Spike was also there with them.

Rainbow Dash look down at me and I looked up at her when she spoke. “Not exactly, they promised to keep with ya, remember?” I nodded. “So they broke it. The best way to earn a friend’s forgiveness is for them to apologise and learn from their mistakes, trust me, ok squirt? I had that drilled into me a few times by the Egghead.”

I saw her glance over at Twilight. I wondered what 'egghead' meant, maybe I could ask Rainbow Dash or Twilight that... “I think I understand.”

Sweetie Belle placed the tail on the leg of the pony in the picture. Taking the sheet off her head, she looked at it then started groaning. The other two were just laughing. “Ah come on!” she grumbled.

I tilted my head a little, looking at the tail “Isn't it suppose to be on...”

“Yes I know! You try doing it blind folded and...” Sweetie Belle turned to me and froze. “Oh... erm...” she looked right up at Rainbow Dash. “Hehe hi Rainbow Dash...”

“Yeah hi” Scootaloo giggled rubbing her right hoof against her left.

Applebloom gulped “Ah erm... we...”

Rainbow Dash look down at me, pushing me a little “I think you owe this colt something girls.”

“We’re sorry!” they said together.

“Yeah we didn't mean to run off like that seriously!” Scootaloo began.

“Yeah we got super excited and completely forgot!” Sweetie Belle added their reason.

“Ah should've known better, but we all really messed up...” Applebloom finished and they all lowered their heads.

I moved my eyes from Rainbow Dash to the girls then back to her, and finally back to the girls again with a smile. “It’s ok girls, it was kinda my fault too. I know you all promised but Fluttershy helped me get here so it’s kinda ok.” They raised their heads with a small smiles.

“You’re a real pal Zaps, thanks.” Scootaloo hugged me and so did the others. “Now!” She turn to Spike.

He put a thumbs up to us. “Oh I got this!” Suddenly everything turned dark.

I gasped, looking around quickly “The darkness!” I screeched, moving around, trying to find where I was but all I saw was the darkness... the overwhelming scary darkness! It came back for me!!!!

Suddenly everything came back and I found myself on the floor of the barn shivering with fear, balled up. “SPIKE!!!!” I heard, and the music stopped. Twilight was over me instantly, using her magic to pick me up. I held tight against her neck, still terrified, tears streaming down my face. “What was you thinking!?”

“Bu-but it was as much their idea as mine!” Spike protested, pointing to Rainbow Dash and the girls.

“Really!?” Twilight snapped at them.

“Yes” they all said in unison.

Twilight groans “I know you just wanted show him some games, but suddenly putting a blindfold on and turning his vision to pitch black without warning Zaps is not the way to go. Seriously girls didn't you hear enough about his stories of the endless pitch black darkness? How much it really gets to him!?” Twilight was giving them a full lecture as feelings of fears slowly drained my energy, but I saw something... I saw her, the one in the flashbacks... then I passed out...

Something odd was happening I found myself, once again, standing in front of the poster of the pony without a tail, I was confused... I recalled the overwhelming fear but...

“Hey, What?”

I turned to see the white unicorn take the blindfold out of Spike’s claw hands. His reaction after looking up at the unicorn was fear “Erm... hi” he gulped. The white unicorn had her purple glasses raised and the eyes looking at him had a distinctly displeased look... Had I just nodded off for a second. Was everything that had just happened a dream?

My thoughts were broken... “Not cool Spike, not cool at all, you were about to give the colt a panic attack.” I was very confused, and from the looks of it, so were most other ponies in the room... “Think about it! Blindfold equals black darkness and what has Zaps been through?” Did the white Unicorn just have the same dream I had just a second ago?

Spike released and put his claw hands over his snout. “Whoa... how did I miss that...”

Twilight stepped over to the unicorn. “Vinyl, what the hay’s going on and when did you learn to use teleport?”

Vinyl put a hoof up to her “Not now dude, this is more important than that.” Vinyl now faced her. “I just had some weird deja vu and saw things getting out of hoof that I just prevented, so you should be thanking me.”

“But nothing happened! Apart from you teleporting and snatching that blindfold from Spike!” Twilight protested.

“What’s Deja va?”

Vinyl groaned “I can't explain it ok! First I was standing at my station seeing you all fighting while poor Zaps was out cold from the panic attack after Spike put the blindfold on and then next thing I know you’re all frozen in time and wham! This mysterious orange mare with the most awesome fiery mane and tail I ever seen told me of some rerun and wham! Here we are on the rerun. Then, somehow, I teleported and stopped Spike from putting the blindfold on, call me crazy but...”

“I believe you” I instantly said and Vinyl looked down at me with a smirk. “I saw her in all my flashbacks... but I’m not sure who she is though...”

Twilight looked suddenly ready to have a go at Vinyl but Pinkie Pie came to the rescue “It’s time TO PARTY!!!!!!!” she screamed out. “Come on ponies, let’s get this party going again!!!” she was at Vinyl's station and started up the music, I saw Twilight just sigh and go off back to Applejack and Fluttershy, dropping the matter.

Vinyl turned her attention to me, she lowered down to my height and whispered “She’s more then that isn't she?” I looked right at Vinyl, spooked. “Don't worry, you can tell me later.” I winked and she put her purple glasses back on over her eyes. “Now, ready to play pin the pony?”

I looked unsure, since I was still kinda scared of the darkness.

“Buddy, it’s cool, it’s just like when you sleep, but instead of closing them, you keep them open and cover them with this, that’s all” She showed the blindfold. “Ready to give it a try?”

“S-sure” I replied.

“Ok, relax and breathe easy.” She used her magic to levitate it over my eyes and tie it on. “Ok dude?”

I gulped rather loudly “I-I think so... I don't like this much...”

“Ignore what you see right now and focus on the music and my voice,” Vinyl said to me, and got a nod in return. “Now hold this in your mouth.” She placed the tail in my mouth and twisted me around a few times. “Now you’re facing the poster, walk straight forward, and place that tail on the flank!” I felt her push me forwards a little.

I felt the tail hit something and pulled off the blindfold with a gasp. “I did it! I got the tail where it should be! See that!”

“I do Zaps that’s awesome!” Scootaloo said with a warm smile as she saw that I hit it on the mark. I was happy that I hit it in one go, this game wasn't half bad... “Great move Zaps.”

“Nice going Vinyl, you really saved the day!” Rainbow Dash nudged Vinyl with her elbow and she grinned. “But tell me, did what you describe really happen?”

“Sure did Rainbow, it was some crazy wizz and wham, that mare was really weird too, she was all cryptic and stuff, but wonderful too, and she seemed to like your cider.”

I was a bit startled by what happened next...

“SAY WHAT!?” Rainbow Dash put her hooves over her mouth as Vinyl stood there laughing, she had managed to put Rainbow Dash on the spot.

“Just pulling your tail Rainbow” Vinyl nudged her.

Rainbow Dash put a hoof to her head “Darn it, ya got me good Vinyl, nice one.”

“Anytime.” She slapped her hoof against Rainbow Dash’s who returned the favour with a double hoofbump.

Vinyl was heading back to the station. As she left I turned to Scoots. “I'll be right back.”

“Sure, go bug Vinyl,” Scootaloo waved me on.

I went over to her and tapped her with my hoof against her hind leg, she looked down at me. “You’re Vinyl right? I heard Rainbow Dash call you that.”

“Sure am Zaps, what can I do for an awesome little colt like yourself?” she smirked

I rubbed my front hooves together. “Erm I... well, I’m not sure what that thing is, I know it’s music of some sort, but what exactly is it?” She looked at her decking system, seeing Pinkie having a whale of a time. I saw her shake her head disapprovingly.

“It’s my decking system, you never seen or heard of one before?”

“I haven't Vinyl... it’s kinda strange looking, I don't see how it’s making all the music...” I was curious about it and wanted to see how it worked.

She scooped me up and placed me on her back then walked over to the station. “Alrighty Zaps, it’s time for DJing 101 with Vinyl Scratch and Pinkie Pie.” She gave Pinkie a wink as she said this. I could only wonder what it meant...

“Yeah you’re so going to love this!” Pinkie Pie giggled. “Now look at the turntable, you see those rods?” I listened to her but wasn't sure about the rods and such but if it works I guess it does... “They read the discs and turn it into sound through these wubs, Vinyl awesome wubs!”

“Erm ok... but how?”

“Do you need a reason for it to make sense or just love the music it makes?” Vinyl said to me.

I turned my eyes away and thought about it for a few seconds, then looked back at her eyes. I couldn't actually see them behind the glasses, but I think I was looking at her directly. “I guess not, but could I try?”

“Sure bud.”

She turned her body around slightly as I reached a hoof out to one of the turntables. “Place one hoof on the lever there and pull down slightly to number 2,” she said to me.

“Ok.” I pushed it down and the tune of the music changed slightly. “Whoa did I do that!?”

“You sure did bud, pretty rad, right?”

I looked at her, a little lost by the words she used but I didn't care. “Yeah it is rad... whatever that means.” I laughed a little.

I was really enjoying the party, I stuck with Vinyl and Pinkie Pie watching them use the music station. I really wanted to repay her for the help she gave me earlier; that blindfold thing was creepy but I got through it thanks to Vinyl.

Vinyl gave her station to Pinkie Pie and took me around the food, drink and games, she even tried to show me some dancing, it kinda didn't work out... my hooves were all over the place as I tried to keep up with Vinyl's strange dancing. I saw some other ponies were watching and gave some smiles and shakes of the head.

Soon it was time for the cake and it was massive. It was just a head short of most the adults... I saw Vinyl licking her snout hungrily; I guess it was a good cake to eat and I looked forward to it myself! I was a little overwhelmed but I heard a laugh from Vinyl snapping me out of my stunned expression.

Twilight stepped up using her magic with a flick of her horn, Whoa, she was good with magic!

“Zaps, all you’ve got to do is blow out the candles and make a wish, make sure not to tell anypony or it might not come true,” she said to me. “Then we can have some...”

“No way, candle blow out then PRESENTS!!!!!!!!” Pinkie Pie appeared out the blue behind the cake. I was sure she was next to Vinyl a second ago... “Then we eat cake” she bounced back over to Vinyl, standing by her.

Pinkie Pie grinned at her and Vinyl chuckled. “There’s no point trying to work out your randomness.”

“That right, ‘cause there’s only one of me!” She tapped her chest with pride. “And don't roll your eyes at me!”

I looked at Vinyl’s glasses then back to Pinkie Pie, how did she know? Did she... Nah it had to be my imagination... I turned back to the cake, wondering how I was going to blow all those candles out.

Big Macintosh stepped up beside me and placed me on his shoulders. He moved closer to the cake. “Go ahead Zaps, blow them out” he said to me.

I look down at his eyes “Ok Big Mac! Do I blow really hard?”

“Eeyup, And don't forget the wish!”

“I won't!” I beamed, taking a deep breath and then blew with all my might, extinguishing all but three of the candles. With another blow I got them all. “I did it!”

“Yer did Zaps, and good on ya,” Big Mac praised me.

Applejack spoke next “Well done Zaps, yer done good, now let’s get yer to open all ya presents.”

I tilted my head “Are those the oddly shaped boxes? Are there things inside them?”

“There sure are darling, gifts from us... well, not from me. You’ve already got your gift from me on, and might I say it very becoming,” Rarity said to me with a warm smile, admiring her work with pride.

Applebloom gave a whistle and I turned to her as she stood beside me. “That’s a lot of presents Zaps, ah never get that much, but this is yer first after all.”

The music was still playing in the background, but I had all the ponies staring at me and I felt rather nervous. The party and the candle blowing was great, but this... I wasn't sure what to do and what presents were about... “Applebloom what exactly are presents?”

She giggled in reply, then put a hoof to me. “It’s where yer get gifts from yer friends silly. Since it was sort of short notice and no pony’s really sure what yer like it’s a mystery what ya’ll get. It could be anythin' Zaps.” Applebloom explained to me. “Open that one,” she pointed her hoof to a flat one on the top of the pile.

“Come on already!” Scootaloo yelled out. “We haven't got all day ya know!”

I turned my head to her direction but she just smirked at me with a teasing look. I turned to the item Applebloom had pointed out and I looked at Twilight, “The flat one with the blue paper with clouds on it please.”

Twilight smiled and using her levitation brought it to me after reading the short message on the gift out loud. “To my new awesome friend Zaps, from the coolest pony ever, Rainbow Dash...” she stared at Rainbow Dash. “Seriously Rainbow Dash... you had to write that?”

“What can I say? I'm awesome,” she chuckled.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “That, we know...” she placed it in front of me. “First gift is from Rainbow, let’s see what she got you Zaps.”

I ripped the paper off and brought it up to my face, holding it with both hooves. I read the title, “Daring Do and the Ring of Destiny...” On the cover were two pegasi; I guessed one was Daring Do but the other was... “Rainbow Dash!?” I gasped, hearing her chuckle. “Why are you on this cover?” I looked right at her with surprise.

Twilight shot a look “Rainbow Dash! He hasn’t read any the other books! If he reads that he’s not going to understand how the story goes!”

“Hehe oops” Rainbow Dash shrugged with a shy smirk.

I rubbed my head “Can somepony please tell me why she’s on this book... I am really confused...”

“You see there’s a interesting story about that book...” Twilight began.

Rainbow Dash cut in. “Daring Do is real and that book is sort of based on an adventure we had with her, awesome right?”

I smiled “It sure sounds it! But how can something in a story book be real?”

Rainbow Dash just kept her smile. “I'll tell ya after you read the other books, I am sure... TWILIGHT got them for you.”

I glanced over at Twilight “You did?” she just facehoofed herself.

She lowered the box down in front of me. “Open the lid...” she grumbled.

I looked inside and there was four other books inside. “Whoa... you two got me the whole lot? Why? Are the stories really that good?”

“They sure...” Twilight shot a magical spell at Rainbow Dash and caused a zipper to appear on Rainbow Dash's mouth.

“To us yes, but you may or might not like it, so you can trade them in for other books to read if you want” Twilight said calmly then remove the zipper from Rainbow Dash.

“Not cool Twilight, not cool...” Rainbow glared at Twilight.

I turned to Applebloom “Does this happen often?”

“Eeyup” she giggled. “But it’s only a silly little thin', nothin' to worry about” Applebloom answered.

Scootaloo pointed to one “Bring that one, it’s from us crusaders!”

I looked at her, and the others moved in front of me. “We had it made quick while you were being dressed up by Rarity.” Sweetie Belle said with a smile.

“No you didn't!” Rarity spoke out.

“Maybe sis...” Sweetie Belle gulped.

“Not the gold seriously! NOT THE GOLD!” Rarity seem to be in a panic or over-reacting to something...

Twilight lowered the box down and the girls stood together. “From us Crusaders!” they said together, pushed the lid off and pulled out the contents of the box. Together they held up a cape of some sort in front of me. “WELCOME TO THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS! ZAPS!!!!” they yelled together. I covered my ears until they stopped and even after that I felt a bit of ringing.

“Whoa... serious? Just like that?” I stared in dumbfounded expression at the three girls I got to know... Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom.

“Of course silly, yer stayin' with us at the farm and yer got to hang out so we decided to let the first colt ever join our club!” Applebloom beamed in delight. “What do ya say?”

I look at Scootaloo who had the biggest smile of them all and was nodding rapidly for me to say yes. “Ok I'm in!”

“YES!!!!” Scootaloo jumped into the air buzzing her wings rapidly and doing a few flips before landing on all fours in front of me. She hugged me tightly and the others joined in.

“Picture, quick!” Vinyl yelled out.

Fluttershy got her camera out “I got mine, here.” Vinyl took it and aimed it at us, I could see the camera floating just in the corner of my eyes then a flash and I saw stars again.

“Gah! The stars!” I groaned, I really hate those cameras that flashed... I always get stars in my eyes...” I got laughter from the others as I rubbed my hooves over my eyes to get rid of them but I smiled and started to laugh too.

Fluttershy brought down the next gift. “This is from me, I wasn't sure what to get, but I hope you like it...”

I looked at it with wonder and opened the round lid to see a bunch of cookies. They all smelt really nice and were even still warm. I licked my snout, taking one out with my hooves, I tasted it. “Wow I really like these Fluttershy!”

“You can keep the tin too” she giggled.

I looked at the round object. “Cookie tin?” I asked and she nodded. “Wow two gifts, thank you!” I gave her a hug and she returned it.

“That’s alright Zaps, I am glad you like it.” Fluttershy let go of me and I stood there, looking at the last few gifts I had left.

Spike lifted up the next one. “This one’s from me.” he stood in front of me and handed me a small, delicately wrapped box, perhaps no bigger than an apple.

I took the box and carefully pulled the lid off. Inside was a beautiful, cherry red, crystalline stone. I took it out I looked at it with some puzzlement. “Wow it’s pretty... but what is it?”
“That… is a ruby. I didn't have anything else to give, so I hope that’s ok,” Spike said to me.

I raised it up over my head and watched the light shine through the ruby. “I like it, it’s shiny and cool.” I put it back in the box. He put his hand claw out closed and I gently hit my hoof against it with a smile.

Twilight looked at the last few presents “You’ve got a choice of Applejack and Big Macintosh or Pinkie Pie.”

I looked at Applejack and Big Macintosh, I could only guess what they had gotten me... “I take Applejack and Big Macintosh's first.” Twilight used her magic to lift it up and lowered to me. I opened it to find a picture frame inside. I picked it up.

Twilight smirked and took it instantly out of my hooves. She placed the photo Fluttershy had taken inside. “Here we go Zaps” I took it and was amazed by what I saw. It was of me and the girls embraced in a group hug.

“A bit sappy, but definitely a keeper.” Scootaloo stood by me, looking at it.

“Ah know it’s not much but ah thought it’d be somethin' special to keep by yer bed.” I smiled at Applejack, tears beginning to run down my cheeks. I was happy with it, yet I still had tears falling.

“Sappy” Scootaloo giggled.

Big Macintosh put his hoof on my back gentle “Yer gonna to like it here Zaps, ah and everypony else showed yer what friends and family are.”

I nodded, wiping my tears away. “Yeah I have... it’s really amazing.” I sniffed a little. “Only one gift left...” I look to it... one word came to mind... “Massive...” I whispered looking up at it slightly, it was at least as tall as I was, if not bigger.

“OPEN IT OPEN IT!” Pinkie Pie was bouncing up and down. “You will love it! I am sure of it! It a super dooper present!”

I looked for a way to open it. “How do I open it? The box is so big...” I walked around it with the others watching me. I put my hoof to the paper and pulled, ripping some of the wrapping paper off underneath was another box. “A brown box?”

“Nope” Pinkie giggled.

“Something inside?” I turned to her.

“Yep” She seem really excited and I wondered why...

Twilight used her magic to help me. “Here let me open it for you.” I nodded in appreciation at the help and watch the lid on the side of the box open, inside was something covered in paper of different colours. “Pinkie is this some joke?”

“Nope, there something inside there forsure, just dig it out!” she was bouncing up and down.

I looked up at Twilight and she looked down at me, together we started digging out whatever it was and when we finally reached it, I gasped. “No way...”

“What is it Zaps?” Scootaloo asked, coming around to the open side.

“Look what Pinkie Pie got me!” I tried pushing it out, but it almost fell on top of me and Twilight caught it with her magic. It was a scooter, the one sold in the shop!

“You’re kidding me!” Scootaloo turned to Pinkie Pie “You’re the one that bought this!?”

“Yeprenee!” she giggled “You like it Zaps?”

“I love it!” I was jumping around it looking up and down. “Now I can learn alongside Scootaloo! How cool is that Scootaloo!?”

Scootaloo flapping her wings with a buzz of excitement “It awesome!”


Applejack's Point of View

Ah watched Zaps with Scootaloo and the girls enjoying Zaps’s presents and checkin' them out fully. Ah started to wonder about Big Macintosh's choice with this colt and was glad he followed his heart on this. We’d made this young colt very happy and that made me happy...

The party draw to a close, everypony started to make their way out, it was gettin' late by the time the cleanup was completed. Ah stood by the barn door with Pinkie Pie watchin' Zaps try out his new scooter. Scootaloo rode alongside and helped him. He even gave Applebloom and Sweetie Belle a try on it.

“Yer did good Pinkie Pie, that was one mighty fine gift, but how did yer know he’d be so happy with that gift?” Ah turned to Pinkie Pie sittin' there with that big smile watchin' what she did please Zaps so much.

Pinkie Pie took a sip of her mug of cider. “I saw them in the shop when doing my invites and wham! I knew what to get!” Pinkie Pie giggled. “Isn't it cool that I guessed right?”
“Eeyup yer did” ah took a sip of my own cider. “So what yer doin' tomorrow?”

“Nothing much, just chilling with Rainbow Dash.” When she said that ah only could think of one thing... pranks “Well, I got to get going, I promised that I would take Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle home.”

Ah nodded to her “Good night sugarcube.”

“Goodnight AJ.”

Pinkie Pie bounced over to the children and ah saw them just groan before saying their farewells. Soon Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were leaving, but not until after Scootaloo had clapped hooves with Zaps.

“See ya at School Zaps!” Scootaloo called out and she was gone with Sweetie Belle who also waved goodnight to Zaps and Applebloom. They were good children, a bit of a hoof full at times, but they had their moments.

“Alright yer two, it’s time for a wash and bed,” ah told both of them.

“Ok Applejack,” Zaps replied, followed by Applebloom, “Sure thing sis.” Both youngsters left, headin' back to the house.

Ah turned to Big Macintosh carryin' the last of the trash and puttin' it into the trash wagon for tomorrow. “Big Mac what’s yer view on Zaps?”

“Somethin's are a mystery with the young colt but he has a good soul, and ah’m glad that we agreed to keep him here,” Big Macintosh replied. Ah had a feelin' he might say that.

“Ah couldn't disagree even if ah wanted to,” ah chuckled lightly.

“Eeyup,” Big Macintosh replied, as he went back to work on the final parts of the clean up.

Ah knew one thin' that ah had to do, it was ask the most difficult question...

Ah waited till Zaps was in Big Macintosh's room in the bed settlin' for the night after his wash.

“Zaps?”

“Huh?” he turned around and curiously looked at me. “What is it Applejack?”

Ah sat by his bed “Ah’d like to ask yer somethin' and ah want nothin' but the truth ok?”
He rubbed his head a little “Ok, what is it?”

“The mare in yer dreams, it was yer mother wasn't it?” Ah saw the shocked reaction from the young colt, ah’d hit it on the nail.

Zaps looked at me, very unsure, head lowered a little “I...” then he looked me in the eyes. “Yes... but that all I know... I can't remember her full name... only it begins with Harmony...” he told me the truth and ah was glad he did.

“Ah’m glad yer told me the truth. Ah know it’s hard on yer, not sayin' anythin' for fear of not bein’ welcome here but yer are. We will do what we can to help yer find this Harmony mare and reunite yer with her...” Ah knew this was the right thin' to do.

Zaps twisted his hooves through the sheets “Do you think she’ll still love me...”

“Ah’m sure of it Zaps... but whatever happened between then and now, that we do not know, we must keep an open mind, ok?” Ah put my hoof on his, calmin' Zaps.

Zaps look at me for answers... “Why did this happen to me, Applejack? Why can't I remember anything apart from the days I’ve had so far... even the flashback things are vague...” Ah could see his frustration over it and really wished ah could help him out...

“Ah wish ah knew Zaps... really ah did, now get some rest, yer got a day of school tomorrow.”

“Ok Applejack...” he yawned a little. “Applejack...”

“Yes sugercube?”

“Am I part of the family till I find my own?” This made me think...

Ah smiled, puttin' mah hoof gently against his head “Zaps, till yer family’s found, yer’ll be my little brother, how does that sound?”

“I...” he yawned, “Like that,” he settled down as ah hummed to him the song mah parents sung to me... it made mah eyes water but ah continued. “Good... night sis...” he whispered and he was asleep.

Ah gave him a small kiss on the side of the snout. “Goodnight little brother,” ah whispered back with a soft smile, wipin' the tears away. “Yer gettin' too deep AJ... soon yer not gonna to give him up.”. Ah got up and stopped at the doorway. With a hoof resting against the wall, ah looked at the sleepin' form of Zaps... “Sweet dreams...”

Ah turned off the lights and left the room.

Author's Note:

Well I hope the party scene and after points went well, I am not use to writing things like this so hope it turned out ok, thanks to my friend again for proof reading it!

Still hope everyone enjoy reading this story and look out for chapter 12 on the 21st of December, it my birthday so I be posting up chapter 12 which will be following Vinyl's point of view! So that a head up for everyone.

Also after posting chapter 1 up of Soarin McLighting story, there be a most likely chance that neither story will be updated till after christmas or the new year.

So there might be a bit of a wait on both stories after my birthday. Just giving you all a update and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Note: 50+ favs and 40+ thumbs up. Thank you for all those that been interested in the story so far and hope to continue to keep you and those future readers on enjoying this story. ^^

PreviousChapters Next