• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 4,606 Views, 212 Comments

Zaps Apple - Electuroo



A young colt with no memories of who or what he was, with only the nightmares of the darkness that took everything away, only to find the light of escape to whole new beginning...

  • ...
15
 212
 4,606

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Victory

Zaps Apple
Chapter 7: Victory

Me and Scootaloo was trying our hardest to keep up with the adults, but doing as I suggested by using a little less water on the trees compared to them wasn’t doing us any favors. I was going by what they said to me. The heart and gut feeling about these trees, I hardly knew how it was supposed to work, but I felt it was right to do this and went along with it.

“Come on Zaps, they’re going to beat us!” Scootaloo was eager to win this; I guess this Crystal Empire and The Wonderbolts meant a lot to her. She had already done so much for me, so I felt like I had to try and win this just for her.

We dragged the next watering can to another tree; the can was just as heavy as the last few. We were at least getting used to them finally.

“Ready?” I turn to Scootaloo

“As ever!” She called out.

We both pushed it over slightly tipping water on the tree and pulled it back up. “Wow this is sure a lot of hard work... we’re pushing ourselves and this is just well the most boring thing ever...” she put her head against the can panting for air.

I put my hoof to her. “Sooner we get it done the better right?”

She suddenly smirked, getting up from her rest. “Sure is!” Scootaloo looked to the adults working hard on their trees, they were getting close to finishing. “But I don't think we can beat them now…”

“Then let’s finish what we started!” I suggested seeing Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and even Spike cheering us on. “I think we got support on our side”

Scootaloo turned back to them with a grin; she did a twist spin on one of her forelegs landing back on all fours. “Then we can’t disappoint them!” we saw Rainbow Dash gave us a salute giving Scootaloo more determination to win this.

We got through about five trees almost nearing to the finish. We breathed heavily while we struggled with the last few trees, trying our hardest. “Just... two... to go...” I whizzed trying to catch my breath, I don't recall even doing anything like this, but it felt so tiring...

Scootaloo pulled with everything she had left with I was pushing the can to the final tree. “One... to... go” she also speaking between breaths now. “Come... on Zaps... let’s finish... what... we started...”

“Right... one... two... three...” we pushed the can right over with the last of the water spilling over the tree empting the last of the can.

“We finished!” both of us said in unison while holding weak smiles and clapping our hooves together.

“Cutie... Mark... Watering... Zap... Apple... Crusaders...” then we collapsed against each other’s backs sliding to a sitting position. Scootaloo raised her right front hoof up while I raised my left hoof up speaking out the last word. “Yay....” then we lowered them and pressed the backs of our heads against each other while trying to catch our breaths. Our muscles felt weak and we were sweating up a storm.

A shadow formed over us and we both turned our heads to face Twilight who was standing over us, Spike was also with her. “Wow, you two really did some amazing work!” Spike praised us.

“Indeed you kept going till you finished the job at hoof, well done to both of you.” she said with a warm voice and smile, she gazed over to Applejack and Big Mac walking over to us “However...”

Scootaloo put her front hooves over her face with a groan. “We didn't win...” she lost out on her big chance and I could tell she was very upset by this, we did so well and I couldn't help her to win... I felt bad putting my own head into my front hooves letting out a heavy sigh. “And still no cutie marks... after all that work we did...” I checked my flank too noticing no cutie mark after she peered over to her own.

“Sorry partner, but a deal’s a deal.” Applejack responded walking up to us, we both turned to face her. “But ah got to say yer both did mighty well. Nicely done” she praised us for the hard work.

I turned back to Scootaloo, “Just not good enough to win... I'm sorry Scootaloo... this really meant a lot to you and I let you down...”

Scootaloo shook her head. “No, no! Don't say that Zaps, you and I did everything we could... it was just not enough... but, it was kind of fun.” She smirked lightly at me. “Don't worry we will get our cutie marks, some day.”

I was a little confused over getting my own cutie mark but if she had been trying so hard... “We might have not got it but as you said: we did have some fun even if it was a lot of hard work for us.”

Big Macintosh raised his hooves. “Hold it.” we all looked at the large red earth pony.

“Big Mac?” Applejack seemed slightly confused by this action. “What is it?”

“Ah believe we declared a winner too early, ah like to see somethin' first.” Big Macintosh looked right at me giving me a slight chill. “Buck the tree”

Sweetie Belle spoke up instantly, getting in-between us. “No don't! You'd get shocked!” she warned

“Ah agree big brother that really silly!” Apple Bloom also spoke up in alarm.

He raised his hoof again. “Ah know what ah'm doin'.”

Applejack frowned at him. “Big Mac...”

Twilight seemed curious and walked up to Applejack. “This is something I want to see as well.”

Granny Smith then spoke up. “All of ya keep quiet. Ah never seen a pony able to buck a zap apple tree, ah wish to see this mah self, so keep it down!” she stood before me. “Go ahead.”

I turn to Scootaloo. “Go on Zaps, show them!”

“O-ook....” I gulped walking up to one and turn around, I saw them all staring at me giving me a really scared twisted feeling in my gut. I raised my rear legs up as I did before and pulled them back as I leaned on my forelegs.

With a push I bucked the tree with nothing happening, I landed my hind legs on the ground feeling a bit of pain from the bucking but it was because I had hit it so hard.

“No way...” I heard Sweetie Belle say staring at me with mouth wide open... but she wasn't the only one, it was all of them... I gulped loudly. “Let me try!” Sweetie Belle came by me and went to the tree.

“Sweetie Belle d--” Apple Bloom and Scootaloo both tried to warn her but soon as she bucked it.

I saw sparks come from the impact rising up the tree then back down through her hind hooves and body, the shock sent her flying right into me, both of us tumbling around till I was thrown back hitting a basket. It fell on top of me as I lay there dazed... “Are ya ok?” I heard, lifting the basket, Big Macintosh looked at me as I slowly sat up shaking off the dazed feeling I had.

“Ow...” I saw Sweetie Belle shaking off her pain she got from the shock, she was frizzled with her mane and tail having small patches of smoke coming from it where she got shocked. “I shouldn't have done that…” she groaned and turned to me. “Sorry Zaps that was really silly of me...”

I took a few steps to her and put a hoof out. “It's ok, I didn't even know that would happen to other ponies.” she put her hoof against mine and then I moved back a little looking at Big Macintosh. “What was those sparks of lightning?”

“That was magical electrical based energy.” Twilight answered before Big Mac could. “Somehow it doesn't affect you at all though...”

Granny Smith took her turn to speak. “Ah been around for a long time and this is somethin' very new to mah old eyes... yer very special Zaps.” she put a hoof to the tree. “Ah believe we should wait till the flowers bloom to see whom the winner is.”

Applejack looked to all the trees and back to her as I watched. “Seriously Granny? That won’t be till later in the day...”

“Indeed, if he is immune to the magic of the zap apple trees then ah like to see how the trees will bloom, well the one’s that he and Miss Scootaloo here watered.” Granny Smith moved her hoof from the tree, she trotted over to Scootaloo while turning to me. “Till then these two youngun' need some much needed refreshments for all their hard work!”

Big Mac smirked down at us. “Eeyup!” and we all heard a rumble from Applejack and Big Macintosh's stomachs followed by everypony laughing at their blushing faces of embarrassment. “Eeyup!” both said together and joined in with the laughter.

“Did somepony say refreshments!?” We all turned around to the high raised voice to see a pink pony with a pink mane and tail that was fluffier than any other mane and tail I had seen before. “I got treats, cooked meals and drinks!” she bounced on the spot spinning around with a big wide smile.

“Wh-who is that?” I asked with wonder and trying to figure out how she came to be there and how she knew we needed it...

Scootaloo giggled at my reaction. “Oh that’s just Pinkie Pie being herself, she’s very spontaneous so you’ll get used to her, Zaps.” soon as she said my name the pink pony called Pinkie Pie was towering over me.

I quickly got behind Scootaloo. “A new pony! Oh my gosh! I knew there was a new pony! It’s awesome to meet a new pony!” she saw me being rather scared of her close and backed off while lowering her voice. “Oh sorry...” she suddenly changed her approach lowering herself to my eye level as I kept behind my friend Scootaloo. “Please come out and say hi, I am super friendly and only want to be friends with everypony, including you!” she said in a softer tone making me blink slowly moving out from behind Scootaloo. “I'm Pinkie Pie, Party pony of the town and you are?”

I look to Scootaloo as I came out of hiding and she smirked with a nod to me. I turned to Pinkie Pie. “Z-Zaps... but Scootaloo gave me the name...”

“Huh? You can name other ponies?!” she turned to Scootaloo.

She chuckled and shook her head. “He kind of has no memories of who he really is.” Scootaloo answered for me. “I think he’s sick of re-telling that story though, I sure would be.” she rolled her eyes.

“Oh you poor thing, how about something to eat? I got some great food here!”

Applejack spoke up. “Howdy Pinkie Pie and ah see ya did good as always.”

“Sure did Applejack!” Pinkie Pie bounced over to her wagon. “I had a feeling that refreshments were needed here, so here I am!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed while hitting her tray with a hoof. “I even brought along some of my spare jars of zap apple jam!” she raised one up on her hoof showing it to us all.

Rainbow Dash flew up to the wagon. “Whoa you did a great job Pinkie Pie, I can see cooked pies, candy, apple juice and all sorts, how long did this all take ya?”

Pinkie Pie put the jar back. “Oh not too long, I had help from the cakes and put my own bits into the cost of all this, so it’s free for you all!”

“Amazing work Pinkie, is that...” Twilight docked as I watched a board of wood land and open up into a table with a sheet over it and bench seats attached to it. “O....k” Twilight Sparkle just stared at it with me blinking and trying to understand what exactly was happening.

“Is it safe?” I walked over to it looking up and down the table and benches that were suddenly set up, trying to understand the impossible set up.

Pinkie Pie tapped it. “Sure is, it my instant set up refreshment table. I recently made it!”

Twilight was trying to figure it out as well. “Is that springs I see under the table? And is that snap joint legs?” she turned to Pinkie Pie. “How did you make this?”

Pinkie Pie giggled. “It was as simple as baking a cupcake!” she giggled and started to randomly bounce around us.

Spike put a claw to Twilight shoulder. “Don't bother,” she sighed and agreed with a nod. “Why don't we enjoy the meal?”

“Alright.” Twilight replied. “Come on Zaps time to try some of Pinkie Pie's cooked goods!” Twilight put a hoof to the seat, I looked to it and then back to Big Macintosh who was already sitting at the seat patting it with his forehoof. I nod and jump up onto the seat sitting by him, soon every pony was on the seats with Pinkie Pie dishing out plates of apple pies.

“I know this might not be like your pies Applejack, but I always try to make them nice, a bit healthier and a bit of sweetness to the taste.” she beamed. “It’s my little bit extra I add to the apple pies.” she giggled. “I hope everypony enjoy’s it!” she sat down beside Twilight, with everypony diving in apart from me.

I gave the pie a questionable look. “Go ahead, it’s real good!” Big Mac said to me after swallowing his piece.

I hesitantly chewed on a piece and immediately my eyes grew. I had never eaten anything like this before! I found it amazing in texture and taste, the flavor was a bit sweet, but I really liked it. “Wow this is amazing!” I ate another piece.

“Ah got to say Pinkie Pie, this is some good pie.” Applejack raised her piece up a little and ate it soon afterwards.

“This is awesome!” Rainbow Dash said with glee.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all cheered in glee. “CUTIE MARK PIE EATING CRUSADERS! YAY!” they all giggled as I ended up once gain caught up joining them half way through and felt my face warming up looking down shyly seeing they all laughing soon afterwards.

Twilight turn to me and then glance over to the girls. “Is he going to join you as a crusader?”

Scootaloo shrugged. “Not sure, but if he keeps that up he sure be one of us in no time, right girls?”

Apple Bloom raised her hoof. “Sure! Ah think it a great idea!”

“Yeah! I think it be a great idea, Zaps sure got the voice!”

I felt my checks warming up even more when they said this with me tapping my front hooves against each other feeling rather shy over this. I couldn't make eye contact when they spoke about it.

Applejack turned to me, watching my blushing state so I turned away from her. “Ah think it be a great idea, spendin' time with children like them will help him out of that shell he’s got.”

“Eeyup!” Big Mac replied to this idea.

“Cool. Can I throw a party to welcome him?” Pinkie Pie asked and munched on her cupcake afterwards.

I tilted my head. “Party? What a party?”

“Oh my gosh you don't know!?” she gasped in shock “Then I got to make one tonight! Enjoy your meals and once you finished put all the rubbish in my wagon! I got a party to set up! NOW!!!” she screamed out the last part and dashes off in a blur of pink towards the house and barn.

I just blinked holding a cupcake she dropped in my hooves as she left. “Wh-what j-just happened?”

“Just Pinkie Pie.” Rainbow Dash chuckled stretching her wings. “I am going back to my house now, my wings feel much better from last night.”

“Ok sugarcube, just don't do anythin' crazy.” Applejack warned her.

“Don't sweat it! And see ya at the party!” she was gone in a blur of rainbow into the distance.

I was left with my mouth hanging with a really surprised look in my eyes. “Whoa... that was fast...”

Scootaloo jumped up on the table. “She sure is!” Scootaloo jump up on her right hind leg then hop onto her left. “Doing moves with a swift left, then right, left with a twist, flip and vroom!” with each word she said, Scootaloo jumped and land between each of the plates and dishes twisting around and doing a few back flips before landing on the ground on her hind legs with forelegs in the air.

“That was amazing Scootaloo! Can you show me how to do that!” I blurted out seeing how she moved around.

Scootaloo standing on all fours turn red slightly in the checks. “Hehe, sure I could give it a try, maybe you won't have four left hooves like Apple Bloom”

“Hey! My dancing is cool!” Apple Bloom protested

“I don’t think you’re dancing is that cool…” Sweetie Belle giggled.

“Is so!” Apple Bloom yelled at Sweetie Belle

“Is not!” Sweetie Belle yelled back at her.

“SO!”

“NOT!”

I look at both of them. “I have no idea, maybe she could show me.” I suggested

Scootaloo chuckled. “Sure, that will solve this once and for all.”

Apple Bloom grinned and sent a whip of her tail into Sweetie Belle's snout. “Alright time to show mah stuff!”

I watched Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle get some distance from her as she started to show her moves, I saw her move around as if everything was to mean to be targeted... I ducked when she kicked a salad bowl right at me, then saw why they all took cover, the adults was doing the same. “Ok you’re good Apple Bloom, you'd can stop!” I called out

Apple Bloom stopped and turned to me. “Really!?” She looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I gulped with a nod. “Huh uh, it pretty good... but you kind of need to control those kicks... it kind of knocked things all over the place…” I waved my hoof around me.

“Hehe... guess I still need some practice.” she came up to me. “So ya like mah dancing? More than Scoots?”

“They’re both good, but she got style while yours has…bang.” I replied

Scootaloo came out from hiding. “Yeah he’s got a point there, nopony can make a dance as a 'bang' as you can.” Scootaloo chuckled.

“Yeah, nopony can out match you.” Sweetie Belle giggled. “But you do need practice”

Apple Bloom turned to her family. “Is that true?” they all nod in reply. “Ok ah will!”

I felt a chill and turned to face the Everfree Forest feeling rather weird. “What’s going on?” I asked looking around seeing the clouds coming over rather fast with rain and wind mixed in it as everything seemed to darken.

Big Mac simply smirked, seeing it all come over with sparks flying off the trees.

“Sugarcube it’s the next stage of the zap apple trees and right on time!” Applejack jumped up on her hind legs kicking her front legs in the air. “Here come the flowering of the zap apple trees! Yeehaw!”

I watched as the trees starting to grow more leaves and then flowers starting to appear. I saw some growing on the tree that I had bucked and they looked different than the ones that the adults had watered. I looked up at one that was closest to the ground... “Hmm...” I watched as the others seem to be amazed by the trees blooming and I saw something that might help. “That branch, maybe jumping on it might spring me up to that flower.” I said to myself pushing my front hoof on the ground, I put my tongue to the side of my snout running towards it and I jumped.

Scootaloo called out to me. “What are...” she watched me hit the branch on my hind legs and with a push I did a leap right for a flower catching it with my mouth. I did a few flips in the air coming to a landing on a branch, sliding down it, I followed up with a small jump doing a forward flip landing on my hooves before her. “you doing...” she managed to finish with a jaw opened, now staring at me with a few blinks. “Ho-ho-how did y...”

I put it before her. “Here you go Scootaloo, hope you like it. I wanted to thank you for helping me to learn so much already. So I thought the flower would be cool, isn't it?” I saw her just staring at me. “Erm Scootaloo? Did I do something wrong?” I look to the flower then back at her. “Was I not supposed to pick it?” I sighed. “Sorry...” seeing how I got a staring reaction I turned away feeling bad at what I did.

Scootaloo snapped out of it shaking her head. “N-no... you didn't but those moves... how did you... I mean that something I pulled just moments ago!”

I turn to her. “I just did it... was I not supposed to?”

Scootaloo look to the flower her face turning a shade of red. “erm... you did amazingly well... erm...” she sighed. “Not sappy.” I heard her whisper. “thanks for the gift, it’s awesome!” I took it and put it into her mane.

“How do I look girls?” she turned to them. “Cool gift right?”

I stood by her seeing them look at her. “How did he pick that flower?” Sweetie Belle pointed to it.

“Ah'm even confused but it does look good on ya in a 'cute way,' specially for ya” Apple Bloom giggled.

Scootaloo just waved her hoof. “Oh please, it doesn't! It just makes me look awesome that’s all!” she said with pride, “Right Twilight?”

“If you say so…” Twilight then turned to me. “You’re doing things that shouldn’t be possible… it’s amazing. I have to understand this!”

Granny Smith looked to the glittering flower then at the others followed on to the dull normal zap apple flowers. “Ah got to say they the best dang flower ah ever seen, ya really got an rare Earth Pony touch.” Granny looked right at me. “A special one indeed, ah can gladly say that ya and Scootaloo won.”

Applejack took her hat off placing it on my head. “Ah got to say ya trees are better lookin’ than ours.” she chuckled. “So ah let yer wear mah hat for the rest of the day!”

It slipped over my eyes and I pushed it back up “Erm... thanks but it’s kind of big... I can't see anything wearing this, but thanks.” I gave it back to her.

“Sure thing sugarcube, ah gracefully accept defeat.” she smiled to me and Scootaloo. “Since ya won guess what?”

Scootaloo jumping around taking my front hooves with hers as she throw me around with her. “We won! WE GET TO GO TO CRYSTAL EMPIRE AND SEE THE WONDERBOLTS!!!! ZAPS YOUR AWESOME!!!!!!!”

I was trying to keep my hind legs on the ground with her swinging me around, she finally let go off my front hooves, I landed on all fours twirling around a little moving left and right trying to getting the spinning out of my head. “Urg... y...your welcome...” I fell over on my back my eyes twirling around and all I could see was the world spinning.

“What is this about the Crystal Empire and the Wonderbolts?” Apple Bloom asked curiously while walking over to me.

Scootaloo was still dancing around happily. “I like to know too.” Sweetie Belle was curious too.

Twilight watched Scootaloo dancing around and smiled warming at the excitement. “Since Granny Smith gave the victory to Scootaloo and Zaps, you girls get to go on a trip to the Crystal Empire while the Wonderbolts are, Applejack and Big Macintosh is taking you four.”

“Wh-what!?” Apple Bloom gasped

“You mean we get to go to the Crystal Empire for real!?” Sweetie Belle also gasped in shock.

“For real” Twilight turned to me as I slowly got up. Before I knew it, I was getting hugged by both the other girls cheering in delight. “It seemed you made the Crusaders really happy, you made really good friends Zaps.” I smiled as I return the hug to the girls.

“Ah!” I yelped as Scootaloo jumped on top of us, so did the girls and I groaned and slowly tried to get up only to see a certain pegasus on top of us. “Scootaloo... can you get off us please...”

Scootaloo giggled. “Sorry got a little bit too excited” she got off us all

“Ah believe ya girls could take him to the club house and show him around Ponyville” Applejack suggested to the girls and took a look at me. “Ah'm sure he would like that, wouldn't ya sugarcube?”

I had to agree with that it would be cool to see Ponyville. “Yeah I am up for that, thanks for the suggestion Applejack!”

“Since ya staying with us might as well learn about the place ya live in Zaps” Applejack smiled to me.

Scootaloo points to a direction “Come on girls let go!” she turn to me “And follow us Zaps!” I look to Applejack and Big Macintosh with a nod from both I turn and followed the trio off into the apple fields to their club house.

Author's Note:

Thanks again for Cold Spike for proof reading this for me and it seem the Cutie Mark Crusaders be giving Zaps the whirlwind tour of Ponyville and Pinkie Pie setting up for a first ever party for Zaps.

The party I like some ideas whom should be there other then the mane six, so if you all like to shall some of your thoughts on this, I like to hear it since I want to try to make it a awesome party for Zaps being his...

"Hey Pinkie here and to say we neeeeeed awesome ideas! NOW!!! I want this to be super awesome that he will enjoy his first ever party and might even be his birthday too! hehe, so even the writer here is awesome I am sure he need your help, see ya all at the party and bring your party hats!"

Was that... Pinkie... Urg... Nevermind, well you heard it from the pink mare's mouth, like to hear your suggestions. Electuroo out...

PreviousChapters Next