• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 4,618 Views, 212 Comments

Zaps Apple - Electuroo



A young colt with no memories of who or what he was, with only the nightmares of the darkness that took everything away, only to find the light of escape to whole new beginning...

  • ...
15
 212
 4,618

PreviousChapters Next
First Friends: Scootaloo's POV

Zaps Apple
First Friends: Scootaloo's POV

-Events after Scootaloo left Zaps at the barn to find her friends-

I raced over to my scooter leaving Zaps back at the barn behind all those hay bays, 'I just hope he can stay hidden long enough for me to find Sweetie Belle and Applebloom' I thought as I placed my helmet on and got onto the scooter. “Right time to find my friends” I rapidly flapped my wings.

Speeding down the dirt road I went for the clubhouse first darting in and out of trees doing some of my sweet tricks as I leap over some branches to come to a landing on my scooter stopping right outside the clubhouse. “Hey, Applebloom! Sweetie Belle! You in there!?” I walked up to the door and opened it to see no pony there. “Nope...”

Next stop was Rarity's. I arrived there within a few minutes of zipping by the apple trees into Ponyville. “Hope they here...” I knocked on the door seeing the sign saying closed.

“Coming!” I heard Rarity's voice and the sound of movement. The opened with Rarity standing there all dressed up “Oh hi Scootaloo, what brings you to my establishment?”

I took my helmet off putting it on the scooter beside me “I was wondering if Sweetie Belle and Applebloom was here”

She put a hoof to her snout thinking about it and shook her head “Sorry dear last time I saw them was about a half an hour ago at Sugarcube Corner having some milkshakes. But I got no time to say and chat darling, I got to meet up with the girls for a picnic at the hill and also something about bowling later tonight, maybe I have some outfit for that... hmm... IDEA!!!!!”

The door slams shut with me just staring at the door “O.....k then” I wasn't going to dare wait to see what wacky outfit Rarity was going to wear for bowling... I got onto my scooter putting my helmet back on, soon I was off again this time to Sugarcube Corner, it wasn't too far so it didn't take more than a few seconds to get there.

I jump off quickly and ran inside looking around seeing ponies buying some treats but no sign of Sweetie Belle or Applebloom, I walked in to see Pinkie Pie with a basket of treats “Hey there Scootaloo! Guess where I am going!”

“A picnic?” I frowned at her

“Great guess! You win a cupcake!” she gave me one instantly as I held it I stared at the hyper pony. “Let me guess you're looking for Applebloom and Sweetie Belle right?”

I stared at the cupcake then at her “How...”

“Just a hunch” she giggled “I last saw them heading to Twilight's” she hummed afterward walking off out of the door.

I just groaned and ate the cake, it was yummy then I left heading to Golden Oak Library on my scooter taking my time this time around... I was getting annoyed zipping around trying to find my friends. “This is getting stupid, everywhere I go they already gone by mere minutes!” I suddenly Fluttershy with Twilight Sparkle “Hey Twilight! Fluttershy!” I came to a stop standing there still on my scooter.

“Oh hi Scootaloo,” Fluttershy said shyly to me with a soft smile

“Are you looking for the girls?” Oh great, I knew this was going to be another wild goose chase. “I saw them at the library with Spike looking up about the zap apples for the project,” Twilight said to me and I remembered.

I put a hoof to my head “Arg I completely forgot about that! I was caught up looking all over that I should have remembered they be at the library...”

Twilight looked at me oddly “Isn't that Applebloom's bag? I thought she lost it in the Everfree Forest the other day”

I quickly look to it “Oh that... well, you see...”

“Twilight! Fluttershy! There you two are!” Rainbow Dash lands before us “Come on slowpokes we got to get ready for Applejack! She is meeting us at the hill a few hours!”

Twilight rolled her eyes and I was glad Rainbow Dash came in “Thanks Rainbow I own ya!” I quickly dart off to the library only to hear.

“No problem Scoots! Erm... what?” I giggled knowing far well she didn't know what I meant but she got me out of a jam about telling how I got Applebloom's saddle bag back.

I arrived at the library about to rush in then thought about it... 'If I rush in with the bag, Spike going to ask about it like Twilight did... last thing I want is a whole bunch of adults asking about Zaps and how he lost all his memories, being in the Everfree Forest in the first place and all the boring things... this time we will help him, no adults attached' I placed the bag in the bushes hiding it good when I entered the library.

I saw Spike with my friends and knew my idea was the best as I placed my helmet on the table side. “Hey, girls, sorry about being late. I completely forgot about meeting you girls here for our project”

Applebloom smiled “It ok, we just about to start on researching about the zap apples since we couldn't get one because of those darn timberwolves and losing mah bag...”

“We been trying to play catch up with some of our notes lost as well,” Sweetie Belle said looking at the books. “So far we found very little about the part from the same tale that Granny Smith told us last zap apple season”

I came over to them and looked “Yeah that kind of sucks... if only we had a zap apple of our own from the Everfree Forest”

Spike place another book down “You know that not going to happen, plus they already vanished”

We all sighed heavily, I was a few seconds afterward playing along since I had one of them and had to keep my mouth shut till Spike was gone. “Hey, girls, this book Spike got might have something”

“Ya right, it before Granny's time too!” Applebloom turn the page

Spike look to it “Be careful this book really old. Twilight would kill me tenfold if I got this book destroyed...” Spike gulped a little.

Sweetie Belle turned to him “We be extra special if you like you can stay with us and watch so we don't damage it”

Spike nods “Good idea”

I groaned a little “Yeah great idea” I muttered then notice a page showing a town “Spike what this?”

“Oh, it says that this town that grew nothing but zap apples but before then they weren't called zap apples but the apples of harmony. They were grown by a group of ponies that broke from the three tribes sick of their distrust with each other kinds and the bickering. They founded a small land and used some sort of magic to turn normal apples into zap apples showing their combined magic could create something extra special” Spike read a little about the zap apples “But this is only a legend though, the town has never been found or proven to even exist and if it did then it might be somewhere deep in the Everfree Forest”

I was curious about this “Erm... Spike”

“Yeah?”

“Can a pony from this town eat zap apples raw?” I asked with wonder.

He shrugs “Beats me, maybe. There no way to know without meeting one of those ponies but if this town did exist it long gone by now since that would have been close to over 1000 years ago if the legends of this myth of the first zap apples was true. But the name zap apple only came to because of Granny Smith”

Sweetie Belle was writing the notes down about this, she put the pencil down “We can use this girls, the myth and legends would be a strong source of fiction to the zap apples because no pony can prove or disprove it”

“Ya right Sweetie, let get to work!” For the next few hours, we were writing up notes doing drawings and looking through the old book. Finally Spike took the book away and told us he was going to take a snooze that he was putting his trust in us not to make a mess, for once I wasn't going to do this because I really needed to tell the girls about Zaps and it been hours since I had a chance to do so...

I watched for a moment then turn to them “Girls I got one of those zap apples” I whispered

“Yeah right” Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes.

I grinned walking out the door and came back with Applebloom's bag placing it on the ground “Hey that mah bag! How did ya...” she saw the zap apple. “Ya didn't”

“Nope I didn't” I sat there with a smile seeing the looks on their faces, it was priceless!

Sweetie glance at it then back at me “But who...”

“This is why I waited to tell you, girls...” I clear my throat with a cough then spoke to them about Zaps and how I found him in the barn in Sweet Apple Acres and everything he told me.

“Whoa...” both replied then Sweetie Belle put a hoof to her snout “You're telling me he was that dirty!? Has he ever heard of a bath?”

I shrugged “Beats me, I gather he hasn't” I chuckled lightly. “So girls like to go meet him? He's still in the barn waiting for me to return and I did promise I will be right back.”

Applebloom got up taking her bag putting the apple inside it “of course we should! Ah want to thank him for helping us in our project and we can help him learn things and even might get our cutie marks!”

“Great idea!” Sweetie Belle beamed

I got on my scooter putting the helmet back on “then what are we waiting for? Zap apple season?” they giggled getting onto the wagon that attached to my scooter. Then I saw Pinkie Pie walking away. “Did she...”

“Don't bother she Pinkie Pie remember” Applebloom giggled, with a roll of my eyes we were gone and heading back to the farm.

My heart skips a beat when I saw Applejack leaving the barn heading our way as we got off the scooter and wagon heading to it. “Whoa nilly girls what the rush?”

“Oh we forgot something in the barn, we just picking it up!” Applebloom said quickly to her.

“Ok sugarcube, see ya later, going to a picnic with mah friends” Applejack waved to us and trots off out of Sweet Apple Acres.

I sighed in relief and we all ran to the barn "Come on girls I like you to meet somepon...” suddenly we all slid to a stop seeing Big Macintosh standing over Zaps with a hay bay on his back what left of it with straw falling down around them and both of them looked right at us and all I could say was... “Ponyfeathers...”

Author's Note:

This is a filler between the events of Chapter 3: First Friends showing the point of view of our little orange filly Scootaloo finding her friends and explaining to them about the colt Zaps.

It also helps explain the part in chapter 4 with some things that was brought up by you guys and girls.

It did this one rather quick, I somehow knew what to type and put it into place that it would work out. Well here you go! ENJOY!

PreviousChapters Next