• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 4,618 Views, 212 Comments

Zaps Apple - Electuroo



A young colt with no memories of who or what he was, with only the nightmares of the darkness that took everything away, only to find the light of escape to whole new beginning...

  • ...
15
 212
 4,618

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39: The Blood Moon Eclipse

Zaps Apple

Chapter 39: The Blood Moon Eclipse

Leaving the Skyway, we descended with many other griffons and odd-looking wagons that had nothing pulling them but made some really strange humming sounds. There was a lot heading to this Lunar Festival. We landed on the ground together with others landing and walking by us, talking to each other with excitement or everyday stuff I think.

“Ah wonder what those wagons are. They don't have anythin' pullin' 'em.” Applebloom watched one land beside another and open up, with big furry hoofed beings I had never ever seen before stepping out. They were easily double the size of an adult griffon; even the smaller ones who I am guessing are their young were big.

“Whoa, what kind of race are those?” Scootaloo pointed at them with surprise.

Gallus waved his right talon hand dismissively. “They're Yaks, part of the USK. Same with Dragons, you find a few of them around as well. As for the wagons you call them, Applebloom, they are called Hover Pods. They use a crystal to power those engines that give it lift. Other than that I haven't got a foggiest idea how those things work.” Gallus told us about those Yaks and the wagon called Hover Pods.

“They're called HPs for short!” Gabby bounced from right hind paw and left talon to the opposites with excitement. “This is going to be so much fun!”

Daring Do looked at her right foreleg at the time displayed on the watch she was given by Gallus. “We got about two hours before we make our move on the ruins. Till then there's nothing really better to do but enjoy this festival, I guess.”

“But we don't have any of those quids you use for money.” I said to Daring Do. “It's like the convention in Canterlot isn't it? They use money too, right?”

Daring Do slapped her face with her right talon. “Urg... I forgot...”

Gallus chuckled, waving a piece of plastic back and forth. “Lucky for you, I do.”

“But Gallus, that's your savings!” Gabby put both of her talon hands on his. “You can't spend that!”

Scootaloo put her own on Gallus's too. “We're not spending your money; it's not right if it's your savings.”

“I agree with Scootaloo, it makes us feel bad...” Sweetie Belle agreed.

Applebloom also declined Gallus's money. “Ah won't take a bit off ya, sugarcube.”

“Bu-”

I walked around, standing by Gabby. “Money is still really new to me; still not sure how to spend it. But I know Applejack wouldn't want us to take advantage of you. Nor would either of our big brothers.”

“Eeyup. Big Mac would agree with that too. Yer helped us so much already, let us repay ya.” Applebloom warmly smiled.

Gallus put it back in his bag. “Okay stop ganging up on me, I get it.” Gallus sighed. “So what do we do then?”

Snowtip had her white talon hand on my head, ruffling my feathers. “That's very simple: we go to the opening event. A very good thing will happen.”

I raised my head, looking up at her. “Snowtip!”

“Hello Zaps.”

“Well for a white griffon that stands out I sure didn't see you coming.” Daring Do was surprised by the sudden appearance of Snowtip. “What brings you here?”

Snowtip opened her right wing and stretched it out to poke the tip of Daring Do's beak. “Same reason as you are here my dear friend. I am very aware of what's going to happen tonight. I've seen the warnings in the ruins of Old Griffonstone.”

Night Spark grinned with a wing out and tapped her on the beak. “I expected you to show up and you did. You may not always directly say things, but I gather you knew of Daring Do's arrival because of the warning and the fact that she carries the statue.” He deduced how Snowtip expected their arrival. “Am I close?” He gave a cheeky smirk.

Snowtip put her wing on his and push it away gently, but held it around his and his around hers. “It been too long since I had someone surprise me, and I'm glad it was you my young friend.” Suddenly she gasped as he pulled her wing into his embrace.

Beaks almost touching he looked into her eyes. “Beautiful sapphire eyes you have there Snowtip. And surprised you again and for a third time.” He kissed her on the cheek and let go.

Snowtip flapped her wings to get some space, but held the side of her face with the white feathers around the underside of her eyes turning slightly pink. “Oh erm... Well... I...” She flustered and ruffles her wings shaking her head. “Oh you! Okay you win this round, Eyes of the Night.”

“Eyes of the night?”

“Because they really a shine with the sunset. Quite lovely I might add.” She winked.

He blinked and shook his head. “Okay, I earn that one. So what's going to happen at the opening event?”

Snowtip turned and headed to the entrance of the festival grounds buzzing with activity. “If you all follow me you will find out. What's the fun in revealing a surprise?” She whipped his beak with her lion tail.

Rubbing his beak had a look from Gallus and Gabby. “What?” He didn't like the stares they were giving while we looked at him questionably at what just happened.

Gabby broke from her startled expression first. “I've never seen Snowtip flirt with anyone!”

“Yeah, she usually gives them a round house kick up the rear and a turntable flip into a tree or rock. Never saw that ever!” Gallus also never saw this side of Snowtip.

“What does flirt mean and why would she hurt someone?” I asked, rubbing my head and trying to understand what they meant.

Daring Do rolled her eyes. “Nothing to concern yourself over, Zaps. It's older teens and adult stuff. You don't have to worry about it yet.” Daring Do nudged me with her wing to move. “We better go before we lose her, and knowing how well she can sneak up on us like that, she's most likely good at disappearing in a crowd.”

We followed Snowtip into the crowd to a massive stage, large speakers, lights and many griffons, dragons and yaks in front of us, with devices held beyond a barrier to us. “Why are they over there and we on this side of the barrier?” I asked.

“That's the press from many forms of media, and from many towns, cities and countries. The President of the Griffon Nation of USK I heard is supposed to be at the opening ceremony.” Gabby put her talons together with glee. “She the best President we ever had, and she's into her second term!”

Gallus hovered slightly and had a griffon in uniform point to him. “No flying, fletchling.”

“Urg...” Gallus rolled his eyes and landed on all fours.

Snowtip put her wing over him. “The rules are there for safety and not to block the view of the elevated stage to those behind us.” She smirked slightly. “But... I believe I can get us in with the reporters.”

I tilted my head. “Can she do that?”

“We're about to see,” Daring Do replied with her forelegs crossed as she watched Snowtip walk up to one of the police officers.

We watched them exchange a few words, and he put his talon hand on something attached to his uniform. “What is that thing he's speaking into?” Scootaloo asked.

“That's a radio. It's how police talk to other police in great distances instantly.” Gabby told us.

Snowtip turned to us with a right wing open and waved for us to come forwards, while the police officer opened the barrier up to us. “How did you do it?” Gallus asked with a brow raised.

Snowtip just gave a sly smirk. “As I said many times before, young one, I have my ways.” She turned and walked through with us following. The officer closed the barrier behind us, and we now stood right at the front beside the reporters.

One reporter glanced our way, seeing the officer let us through. He was a light blue griffon with white feathers around his head and wings. “Snowtip! It's good to see you! My son loves the comics he gets from you and the advice you give him. It really helped him out in a massive way! He's doing amazingly well at school now! I do not know how you do it, but I owe you big time!”

“No need to thank me Graff, I was just doing what I do best: helping when I can, selling amazing comics and getting a very happy smile from those beaks.” Snowtip smiled to him and pulled out a loose feather from her wing and gave it to him. “Give this to your son as an award for doing so well in school.”

Graff held it tight to his chest. “I will Snowtip! Thank you!”

All the lights start to dim, apart from a few which moved to the back of the stage. Stepping out of the curtains was a red griffon with a white face, wearing a white blazer and black button shirt under it, with a blue tie tucked in. He was holding something in his talon and spoke into it.

“Hello everyone! And welcome to the Lunar Eclipse Festival! I am Crusherwake and I will be your host for the evening up here on stage!” A massive cheer from everyone could be heard as I looked around. “Before the music really kicks off here on stage, our favourite President will be landing on stage and giving us some of her time!” He rose his free talon hand up to the air. “Here she comes!”

All of the spotlights shifted to the sky, and we all turned and looked up to see a griffon with six others all wearing black suits and ties with white button shirts coming down. The six around her looked like they meant business, and when I looked at whom they seemed to be protecting I couldn't believe my eyes. “Is that-”

“Holy pony feathers is that-”

“Ah can't believe it! Its-”

“Gilda!? She's the President!?”

Luckily only our friends close by could hear us over the roaring cheers as we all watched her land with her guards stunned, apart from Gallus, Gabby and Snowtip. “Okay... Now I am really confused...” Night Spark muttered. “Can someone care to explain how Gilda is President...”

Gallus rolled his eyes. “Of course.” He rubbed the top of his head. “I forgot that in your land she's just old-time friends with Rainbow Dash from that flight camp.”

“Indeed she knows she'd part of the comics but just brushed it off.” Snowtip said as Gilda took the speaking device from Crusherwake. “Well you're about to hear from the beak of President Gilda.”

Gilda took a good look around with her golden eyes, with a smirk showing her teeth in her beak. She finally broke her silence to the crowd silently waiting with the background of music, chatting and games being played across the other parts of the festival. “Hello dweebs!”

The response we saw was laughter from almost anyone as if they were expecting it. “I can see there is quiet in the crowd out there! It's good to see that we're all here to enjoy the festival. We're here celebrating a special blood moon event with the Lunar Eclipse over ruins of Old Griffonstone that only happens once every 333 years!”

Gilda walked on her hind paws back and forth, with her free talon hand moving around as she spoke to us. “Our city has grown and shaped itself through many many years; even other towns and cities have grown. We, griffons, dragons and yaks all formed the USK to make a better tomorrow for all of us.”

“What is the USK?” Scootaloo whispered to Gallus.

“It stands for United Species Kingdom, made up of three races: us, the yaks, and the dragons.” Gallus whispered back to Scootaloo.

Gilda unbuttoned her blazer and started to remove it while still talking. “You know what, dweebs?” She threw it off into the crowd, one of the griffons catching it. “For the duration of the festival I am just a plain awesome one hundred percent griffon!” She undid her tie and threw it too and moved on to undoing the buttons of her white shirt.

Gilda removed it and threw the shirt to the crowd. Now without any clothing on she looked exactly like the Gilda I met at the Trade Fair. “Just enjoying it like every other being here. On the level and that's how cool I...” Her eyes met Snowtip's. “Am. Now everyone enjoy yourselves! That's from your President!” She took a few flaps and dropped from the stage, landing right in front of us.

“Hello.”

“Hey.”

After they said their hi, there was silence between the two griffons. The press had taken the photos they wanted and quickly left, the guard griffons in suit still close but keeping their distance. “So... How are you doing, sis?”

“Not too bad, just President stuff, running a kingdom with two other leaders. You know.” Gilda shrugged, and with a hefty laugh she hugged the white griffon, and in return Snowtip did so too. They let go and Gilda turned to us. “So Snowy, who are the dweebs you're hanging out with? Not that I mind it, it's just that it's not your style to be seen with so many.”

Snowtip put a arm over Gilda and she did the same. “I have my way of doing things G, from comics to giving helpful advice like I did for you.” She gave Gilda a playful punch on the arm.

Gilda did the same. “Sure did Snowy, got me to the very top of the peeking order. It gave me the chance to make the griffon lands a far better place for all, and even with help of the other two leaders make our shared kingdom a far far better place! You're all awesome Snowy.”

“G. I am happy for us to get a bit of sistery time together, but there is a problem that's about to happen at the Lunar Eclipse itself...” Snowtip look at Gilda with concern. “It's all connected with all of these griffons before you, a set of events that's now out of my claws.”

Gilda frowned slightly. “What's going on Snowy? None of this cryptic crap, I want straight answers, got it?” She poked Snowtip in the chest.

Snowtip put her talon out to us. “I'd like you to meet Zaps Apple, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Daring Do and Night Spark. They're all from Equestria.”

Gilda started to laugh and tears came as she laughed. “Oh that's rich Snowy. You're telling me these dweebs are in fact from the Equestria in the comic book Equis series. The same one that portrayed me as a complete utter jerk to ponies cause Rainbow Dash made some new friends? Seriously, I am not that uncool, and I got a few good friends including Ember and Rutherford.”

Snowtip gave her a dead look of seriousness in her eyes. “Does this look like I'm joking?”

Gilda quickly looked back at us, and then her and back again, with a talon tip pointing at us with her beak slightly open. “This is for real, you're really Zaps?”

I walked up to her and reached out my talon hand out to her. “Yes. I erm... We all met our Gilda, we did I mean, at the Trade Fair we-”

She took my talon hand with hers. It was bigger then mine as she shook it. “I saw kid, I mean in the comic book.” She let go. “You and the Crusaders all somehow got that Gilda to get to be friends in some way with Rainbow Dash, nice work.”

“Thanks. I think.” Scootaloo rubbed the back of her head. “It's been kinda weird being griffons, but kinda of cool though.”

“It totally is Scoots. I can call ya that, right?” Scootaloo nodded. “Sweet. So the big question is how the blazes did ya get from a comic book to here?”

“That would be my comic book, which somehow connected to a... Erm... Well... Another comic book. A magical one...” Gallus stepped up. “It's nice to meet ya Madam Pres-”

Gilda put her talon tip on his beak. “None of that, just plain old Gilda at the moment, the President is taking a back seat for now.” She smirked. “Got it kiddo?”

“Sure.” Gallus replied.

Gilda sat down and looked at each of us. “This is beyond weird.” Gilda turned to Snowtip again. “Snowy, how bad is it going to be at the Eclipse? Truth...”

Snowtip ruffled her own head feathers. “G... The legends of what turned Old Griffonstone into what it is... It's true, and the beast that did it is going to be freed tonight.”

“I had a bad feeling something was up but couldn't put my talon on it. Now I can. You're telling me that the two-headed jackal is coming back. That's real bad Snowy. I can't have the festival happen so close to it...”

“That's why Night Spark and I are going to deal with it when the time comes.” Daring Do stepped up with Night Spark and she pulled out the statue from her bag. “We believe the start of it will create an opening with this statue, to get us down and maybe stop him from escaping.”

Gilda took it and her golden eyes scanned up and down it. “This can't be real, it was shattered...” Gilda slowly moved her talon hand over it, feeling the detail of it. “Is this the sapphire statue from the Equestrian jungle?”

“It is, but how two can be the same in two different worlds is strange as it is.” Daring Do said, taking the statue back. “Also the magic that the carvings showed these beasts using seem to be Equestrian by nature too. That spectre and scythe look exactly like what I saw on the temple walls. They described him attacking village after village champion until six ponies called the pillars banded together and defeated him. My guess is that he entered up here.” Daring Do sighed heavily. “These pillars did something a very long time ago, and now we have to clean up the mess they made.”

Gilda shrugged. “We'll just have to roll with it, and it doesn't start for another few hours so...” Gilda looked at us and lowered herself slightly to our level. “Do you fletchlings want to have some fun at the festival with this awesome griffon here? It's all on me, and don't worry: I got plenty to cover it and more some.”

“I don't know, it's your money...” I still felt very unsure about it from Gallus.

Gilda chuckled, lifting me up and placing me on her shoulder. I was a bit bigger as a griffon, but she did this without effort and looked me into the eyes with brown to golden eyes. “It's no sweat Zaps, I'm cool with it. You all like to have fun, right?”

“We do! There's so much going on here!” Scootaloo flapped her wings with excitement, hovering in the air and spinning around a few times.

“Ah like to too!” Applebloom bounced on the ground.

“You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?” Sweetie Belle directly asked Gilda.

Gilda grinned at Sweetie Belle. “Not at all Sweetie, I'm a griffon of pure awesome and no way is this griffon is backing down.” Gilda puffed her chest out with pride. “You're really going to let us go in circles about this?”

“Eenope.”

“Sweet!”

“No and thank you!”

I nod and then ask. “What about Gabby and Gallus. They really helped us out. Gallus has been helping since we arrived and Gabby gave us something really amazing to eat. They are our friends.” I looked at them from her arm, holding onto her neck slightly.

Gilda shifted me to sit on her back, with my talon hands around her neck. “Are you two up to joining us?”

“Of course!” Gallus smirked.

“Cool! We get to hang out with you Gilda! Maybe we can be friends too!” Gabby flew around us a few times and landed with a happy dance.

Gilda laughed. “Sure thing kid.” Gilda turned to one of the suited griffons, a dark blue one. “Hey Steveo!”

“Yes boss.” He flapped his wings and landed before her.

“You're our fastest flyer. I need you to go back to the office and get the Aerois Shield: not the cheap knockoff in display, the one behind the portrait of the golden era of Old Griffonstone. And tell the police, emergency services and the army to be prepared to get every single living being out of here if Daring Do's mission goes south down in the pass in the next few hours. Till that happens everything is normal, understood?” Gilda looked to him with dead seriousness and spoke really like a leader. She was completely different to the Gilda we know of.

He put his talon hand over his forehead. “Right away Madam President!” With his wings wide open and one big push, he blasted off at amazing speeds, heading off into the night.

“Hey Zoom!” A press griffon came up. He was a light shade of green with white feathers and fur in the underside.

“Yes Gilda?”

“You caught on quick, good.” Gilda smiled. “I need you to get word out to the press, media and news crews. In a few hours two things will be happening. Either the Lunar Eclispe happens and we all have a totally awesome time, or a creature of our past will be coming out of that pass looking for revenge for what the Mage Griffons did to him from Old Griffonstone.”

“Are you telling me those stories of the two headed jackal are for real?”

“Yep, so you on board?” Gilda put her talon hand on his shoulder. “It's going to be the best way to get word out to get every single griffon, yak and dragon to get to safety.”

Zoom smirked. “You got it boss, I am your griffon for the job!” Zoom replied with a wing out to her, and she took it with her own wing and shook. “So nothing much more can be done?”

“Not really. Snowtip believes there's a chance these two can do it.” She sighed and he took off to spread the word to the others. “Daring, Night, I am giving you two a lot of the benefit of the doubt here. If it wasn't for Snowy, my sister that I trust with my life and believe to my very being beyond my pride, I would call you two total nutjobs.” Gilda gave them a stern look.

Daring Do nodded with an understanding look. “Being a leader, you can't always take things at face value, but I am surprised by you doing so because of Snowtip.”

Gilda put her wing over Snowtip. “She's my older sister you featherbrain, she's always been looking out for me. If it wasn't for her, I might have ended up the total dweeb that the comic book shows me as, or should say my counter part is. These four fletchlings helped her big time. For that I am grateful in my own prideful way. So having a bit of fun before it all kicks off is the least I can do.” Gilda looked her deep in the eyes. “And if things do go south and he escapes, I'll be ready to do my part in kicking that two headed mutt's butt.”

Night Spark was impressed. “A leader that steps up to defend her people. Just like Princess Celestia and Luna would.”

“What can I say? I'm a badass of a griffon.” She flapped her wings, getting some air between us and the ground. “Come on, let's go have some fun!” Gilda waved for the others to follow. “The carnival's not going to wait for us to go have an awesome time!”

Everyone else flapped their wings and took off with Gilda, and I was still hanging on, Daring Do and Night Spark following close behind as we left the main stage and the band stepped up after being called out by the presenter.

Gilda took us right to the rides. After landing there, we went on ride after ride, having a great time and lots of fun. She was way different to the Gilda we met: she refused to get special treatment and use her power to skip lines. We waited and talked away, laughing as we got on the rides.

Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and I got to experience the ride called Dodgems. We got into the seats of these machines called bumper cars. We waved to each other as Gilda as Gallus gave us basic tips. First was doing up what they called a seat belt. I found it behind me to the left and pulled it across my chest and stomach, clicking it into a slot the other side.

Being in the seat felt good. It was made in mind for a pony or even a griffon: the wings pressed to the side and my back was against something that got them safe and comfortable. Placing my talon hands on the wheel, I pressed my paws to the pedals. I was glad they explained this to us, and now we were going to experience a ride we controlled inside this floor lower than the platform around it as others watched, including Daring Do, Night Spark, Snowtip and Gilda...

I noticed two more griffons took other bumper cars: it was Gabby and Gallus. “Remember to have fun! Bump each other as much as you like with safety in mind of those around you. Do not group bash other cars! Have fun all! Let the music rip!” a griffon in the box spoke out through the microphone and the music started to play.

I pushed my right paw on the pedal and went backwards instantly. “Ah!” I was startled that the right one was to go backwards. I quickly pushed the left one with my left paw and it went forwards, bumping into Applebloom's car. We laughed and continued to drive around. I never thought this thing being powered by a rod connected to a wire net with electrical energy going through it would be fun to drive around as I bumped into these other cars.

After what seemed to be not even that long it was over; five minutes flew by so fast that we didn't feel it. But we laughed as we got out of the bumper cars and talked about how much fun we all had on them. It was going to be an amazing time with my friends and sister, forgetting about our worries of the upcoming Lunar Eclipse.

We went on some spinning cups to a large ride that spins you and twists around you till you were upside down, and we all gathered together for a massive group photo at a platform with the Old Griffonstone ruins, moon high above it. One photo smiles and another silly, afterwards we each got one to keep, seeing them print out of a machine beside of another of those laptops.

I did notice when we got on a roller-coaster the full moon was starting to fade away, and as we climbed up higher with the clicks and clanks I asked Gilda--whom sat next to me with Applebloom and Gallus behind us-- “What's happening to the moon?”

“It's the start of the Lunar Eclipse, which means after this ride we got about 50 minutes until it happens...” Gilda's golden eyes showed concern and worry, but her face changed with a really cheeky smirk. “But for this second, you better get ready to use those lungs of yours! We're about to go under!”

“Go under?” I turned forwards and saw we stopped climbing. It was like the one we went on back in Canterlot, but this one was way bigger and crazier. My eyes widened seeing how high we were and what awaited. As we went down I held tight to the support bar over me. Thank you talon hands! I screamed out at first with fear but it turned into thrill I enjoyed it!

As the ride ended and the bars opened, I just took off out of it, flapping my wings and flipping around excitingly with barrel rolls to twists and yelling out happily. “I never experienced anything like that since the dream coaster! This felt real! So thrilling! I was scared at first, and then it went whosh and zoom! I love it!”

Gilda had gotten out and leaned against the post, grinning with her forelegs crossed. “It look's like Zaps Apple got the thrill of the griffon pumping through him.”

Snowtip laughed. “Sure does look like it G. Nice choice on the ride, look at them all talk.” And we were. We the crusaders laughed and talked about the thrill of the ride, clapping talon hands and having so much fun. “But now...”

“Now we need to prepare...” Gilda stared the moon. “No way I am going to be lame and let anyone down in this city. I will even die trying to make sure that all races that live here in the city are not harmed.”

Almost 45 minutes passed, and during that time we watched the griffons set up stuff all over the place with tables and more of those weird laptops, even big screens of what was seen on the laptops too. Gilda was leading the operation, with others talking to her as more things were being placed. Daring Do and Night Spark had already left for the pass, but they had something on them that allowed us to hear and see what they saw through the screens without being there.

“Is this weird thing working right?” Daring Do's voice came from the speakers. We listened and watched around Gallus as he typed away on the keyboard.

Gallus was wearing headphones with a piece attached to it to speak in response to what Daring Do said. “It is, we can hear ya Daring. Also see whatever's in front of you. Gabby's got the feed for Night Spark's camera.” Gallus turned to us with a thumbs up.

“Daring Do's all the way over the top of the gorge and we can see and hear what she says?” I asked curiously. I looked at the screen and raised my head to look past it at the tan griffon hovering with Night Spark near the Old Griffonstone ruins.

“Yep, wireless connection from this device to that.” Gallus chuckled, turning to me, but looking over me he blinked a few times. “Whoa! What's with the armour President Gilda?”

We all turned around to see Gilda in golden armour, with a chest plate that came over the back linking to plating over the hind legs and forelegs. She also wore a helmet perfectly fitting, as well as gold talon-like metal gloves over her talons. She was also holding a shield with a griffon facing forwards on it, with swirling patterns and diamond shapes of gold on it.

“Ask Snowtip. She's the one that collects the old magical artefacts of the Griffon Kingdom from back in the days of the past.” Gilda replied, flexing her wings and testing out the metal gloves as she flexed her talons. “But weirdly enough, I don't feel a thing on me.”

Snowtip stood by her. “It's enchanted, and can only be worn by a worthy leader of a pure heart.”

Gilda stared at her. “Seriously sis? Me? I don't know...”

“That armour doesn't lie G.”

“Fine...” Gilda grumbled and turned around to a black griffon wearing a blue uniform and hat who saluted. “Report General.”

The large black griffon lowered his talon hand. “We got together as much of the army of all three nations from the bases around and close by. They are set up and ready to deal with the threat if it gets to the surface from the gorge.”

“Great, but I hear a but in this...”

“Indeed ma'am.” He turned to us. “No disrespect, but why do we have fletchlings operating this close to the gorge?”

Snowtip stepped up to him. “That, General, is all part of foretold foresight on our ancestors from over 1000 years ago. You're here, and so are all the three races' armies from the bases around the city. We all believed in the prophecy in one way or the other.” Snowtip explained to the black griffon, placing her talon hand on the side of his face before removing it.

The black griffon rubbed his side the face she touched. “How it ends is up to us and what happens now?”

“Indeed. The griffons of magic back in the day could only do so much.” Snowtip turned around to us. “These youngsters are more than they seem. Each of them have a part to play.”

“I will get the troops ready, ma'am. Grifspeed!” He saluted and flew off.

Gilda clench her talon hand into a fist and opened it up. “Do I really look like a badass in this armour?”

“Bad ass?” I tilted my head. “What does that mean?”

“beats me, never heard of it.” Scootaloo shrugged.

Snowtip hit Gilda on the back of the head. “G! They're too young to hear stuff like that!”

Gilda rubbed the back of head. “Ow Snowy, that smarts!”

“Good! Now I know you'd like to kick some tail in that but we're almost out of time! The alignment is about to happen!” Snowtip pointed up, and we all looked up seeing the moon almost completely gone. But as soon as it was the moon started to appear again, this time red.

I stared at it. What we saw was nothing we had ever seen before. “Whoa...”

“Ah never seen the moon red before! It's almost as red as an apple!” Applebloom stared in awe.

Sweetie Belle took a look at the screens. “The statue Daring Do got is glowing!” She pointed to the screen.

All of us gathered around at the two screens seeing this happen. The statue was changing in Daring Do's talons, as we watched it change shape into a two-headed dog staff now held in both talon hands of the adventurer.

Suddenly bangs and whistling sounds came from behind us all, making us jump. We all turn to see colours exploding in the sky with cheering and music playing from the festival. “The Lunar Eclipse will last only 9 minutes and 32 seconds. We have little time to watch fireworks.” Snowtip took one of the headphones and placed it over her head. “Daring Do, that staff you got now, point it at the gorge. I think it's your key for getting through the wind sheers.”

Daring Do rolled her eyes. “I was already thinking of that, Snowtip!” She aimed it down from our view on Night Spark's camera.

A beam of energy came out of the two set of eyes, blasting through and down into the depths of the gorge. “We got wind speed dropping across the board!” A griffon to our left spoke up, looking at numbers that looked like they were getting smaller.

“Daring, ready?”

“I am, Night.” They fist bumped each other and we watch them from a third screen descending into the gorge at a rapid pace. They dived in and sped up every second that passed.

“How deep is that gorge!” Scootaloo stared at how far they had already gone.

Gilda shrugged. “Not a clue. With all our technology and gagets to trying to drill down to the bottom it's been next to impossible to find out how deep that thing really is. It's so deep that light doesn't even reach it, but the moon really lit it up though... That's rather concerning,” Gilda said as we could see the reddish tint through the rocks as they sped down.

Soon they came to the bottom, both slowing down with a few powerful flaps, landing on the flat marble ground near a weird white building with four massive pillars around it, each having an orb glowing and firing beams of energy to each other orb to the left and right. The box-like building had a dome for a top and a spire coming out if it with an fifth orb: all of the other orbs' beams were connecting to that one.

“I think we found the prison...” Daring Do turned to each pillar to see a marble griffon wearing robes with both talon hands out and head raised, staring at the orbs intensely. “I think we found the griffon mages too...”

Night touched one of them. “It's warm to the touch...” He moved it away. “I think we found out what really happened to the last griffon magic casters from 1000 years ago. They brought him down here and sealed him with all their remaining magic, and to keep him locked they turned themselves into marble statues...”

“The markings on the pillar look like some sort of rune spell, very powerful too...” Daring Do stated. She looked up and gasped. “The blood moon has light travelling down four sides of the gorge! That's how he's going to break out! The wind blasting the rocks... The rocks breaking apart...” Daring Do shook her head. “He had a backup plan if he failed! Buried in the rocks for all this time!”

Night Spark looked around as the lines of energy came to the floor, moving towards each marble griffon. “They're going for the griffon mages!”

“Not a chance!” Daring Do acted fast, slamming the back end of the staff into the ground. As we watched, the line closest to her stopped but the other three touched the griffon marble statues. They cracked all over and exploded to pieces, but landing on their backs were three griffons, groaning but out cold. “Night help me! I can't hold it down!”

Night quickly rushed over to her and grabbed hold of the staff, putting his weight down on it. “We got to hold it in place! If that red light makes contact with the last griffon, he'll be freed!”

Three of the four orbs fell and smashed into the pillars breaking them apart. Only one was left with its beam of energy attached to the big orb above the structure. It was losing power. I saw what looked like cracks forming, and heard the sound through the screens of something growling and hitting the inside of the structure. “He's trying to break free! With three of those orb things gone! Whatever's holding him is collapsing!”

The light of the moon grew as we all felt a cold chill run through our spines. “Oapious... He's about to break free...” Snowtip whispered.

“Daring Do! Night Spark! Get your lion tails out of there! It's not going to work! He's smashing through from the inside out!” Gilda screamed out into the headphone microphone.

Daring Do and Night Spark pulled the staff out and aimed it towards the structure. Without the beam, the whole thing exploded with a massive blast of wind. A shield from the staff formed, protecting them from the blast. As the dust cleared and the winds died down, lying before them was the last griffon mage, who slowly sat up at looked up at the four yellow glowing eyes looking back down at him.

“H-he's freed... W-We failed... Oapious, the two-headed hound of the wind and storm is free...”

Two voices of laughter came, and into the view of all stood a large muscular creature on two legs, holding a staff with an orb at the end in one hand-paw, and in the other a curved blade at the end of the other staff. Around his waist and hanging over his legs he was wearing shorts with something over them with gold, white and blue on it.

Dark black fur all over his body, he had two tails waving around and two dog-like faces with narrow snorts. He laughed with a smile, showing sharp teeth. The glowing yellow eyes were creepy. He wore gold bands around his neck and arms from the wrist to the upper arm.

Crossing over each staff, he glared at Night Spark and Daring Do. “Freed at long last. Now who would like to feel the wrath of we, Oapious the Jackal of the Wind and Storms!?”

PreviousChapters Next