• Published 28th Sep 2013
  • 4,618 Views, 212 Comments

Zaps Apple - Electuroo



A young colt with no memories of who or what he was, with only the nightmares of the darkness that took everything away, only to find the light of escape to whole new beginning...

  • ...
15
 212
 4,618

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41 - Welcome to Celestial City

Zaps Apple

Chapter 41: Welcome to Celestial City

Zaps Apple...


“Honey, you two can open your eyes, it is safe now,” a female voice spoke directly in front of us, followed by another male voice.

“My dear wife speaks the truth. Open your eyes, young ones.”

We both opened our eyes to see a light and dark grey griffon wearing a crown, with a scarf around his neck with a seal on it, yellow eyes looking down at us and an smile across his beak. The other beside him was a hippogriff; she had a yellow V-shaped crown on light pink feathers and fur, with big purple feathers for a tail and the back of her neck, as well as three blue feathers on her head and two long ones on her tail too. Her purple eyes also showed kindness with her pink talon hand held out to us.

I looked down for a second, realising we were lying on the ground with the shield just beside us. I took her talon hand with mine as Applebloom took the griffon's one with hers. With a slight lift they helped us on our paws and talons.

“Are the others okay?” I quickly asked.

“Yeah, we tried our hardest to use the shield's magic to save us all! Ah don't know if it worked!” Applebloom said with worry. We were both concerned.

“Your friends are being aided by the mage guard as I speak, honey,” The hippogriff pointed behind us. We turned our heads to see griffons and hippogriffs, each wearing silver armour plates on their head, chest and around each leg, aiding the adults and our friends.

Sighing in relief, we both turned back to the two that helped us on our paws and talons. “That's good to know. Ah'm glad we're all safe, even that weird one Oapious.” Applebloom put her talon hand on her chest, breathing again in relief. “Who are yer exactly?”

“About time you asked, Applebloom. And yes, we know who each of you are. For countless generations, the hippogriff and griffon Nebiims been able to see your arrival to Celestial City on this very day.” She laughed a little before placing a talon hand on her chest. “I am Queen Novo, and this handsome griff is my husband King Guto.”

King Guto put a talon hand on my right side, lowering himself to my eye level. “If it weren't for you two siblings working together and slowing your fall, we wouldn't have been able to use the spell we needed to safely land you all on top of Starlest Palace.” His talon hand pushed slightly for me to follow him, and I did with Applebloom to the edge of the wall to see part of the city. “Even if not by blood, you are family in heart, a bond that beats with pride; don't forget that.”

I nodded and jumped up on my hind paws, using my talon hands on the wall to get a better view. Below was more of the circular palace, and beyond it was a massive garden or park that went all around and out of sight. We could see high beam lights turning night into day on the entire green area.

Beyond that were two big paths on the right and left, with buildings on either side and going around again. But these buildings were round too, and so were the homes of many others, with flat and dome roofs on the two lands the big paths connected to. “There's a third main street that leads to more homes, isn't there?” Applebloom asked.

Queen Novo looked upon the land below with pride. “That there is, little one. We hippogriffs and griffons have for many generations lived here in Celestial City.”

“Why hide the city in dangerous storm clouds?” I asked, turning to her.

She sighed. “That, honey, isn't by choice. The spell to create the storm was lost a long time ago. The portal gates are also only able to be used by blood descendents.”

“What happens if erm... one isn't?” Applebloom gulped a little.

“They come for a short time before it sends them back, and the results not pretty, especially for the mind...” Novo turned away, walking back towards the others as they all slowly regained their senses.

“Can't you turn it off? Or stop the storm spell?” I asked two questions that most likely had a bad answer. I had seen this asked many times, and the answer never came out as one hoped.

King Guto put his talon hand through his head feathers just behind his crown. “Easier said than done. They were created by forbidden magic... Blood magic...”

Applebloom gasped. “Wh-what!? Ah heard from Twilight that that's really bad magic, and no pony, ah mean no one should ever use blood magic! It can do really bad stuff!”

I looked up at the star-filled sky, with the moon becoming whole slowly before my eyes. “Like dropping us upside down from very high above the city?”

“Indeed.” Seaspray responded with a quick salute and continued to speak. “The box given to Snowtip almost 3000 years ago by our ancestors should have safely brought you all and the land mass to safety here on top of the palace. But the magic within the storm had other ideas we didn't foresee, even by our Nebiims.”

“Guess it's a good thin' Gilda brought the shield with her, huh?” Applebloom said to Seaspray.

“Correct.” He turned to the king and queen. “Sires, the guests are all safe and well. A bit rattled, but they do not require any medical treatments.”

Novo smiled. “That is good news, General Seaspray.” She glanced towards Gilda and back at him with the smile still there. “Isn't your shift finished by now?”

He followed her line of sight and turned back to her. “That it is, your highness.”

“Enjoy your rest of the evening.”

“That I will.” He bowed slightly and walked off to our friends.

I tilted my head. “Why were you looking at Gilda like that when you said that to him?”

“Honey, it's something you do not need to worry about.” She laughed. “Now come on little ones, let's go talk to the others. We have much to speak about.” We both looked at each other, and with a nod we followed the Queen and King of Celestial City to our friends and the adults.

King Guto picked up the shield off the ground with his right talon hand and gave it back to Gilda. “I do apologise for your rough arrival at the city. The protective magic, ancient as it is, caught us by surprise by what it did to you all. Not only it could have been fatal, but the harm it could of brought to many here in the city would have been serious as well.”

Gilda took the shield from him but paused, looking at him and the crown before backing up a few steps with fear. “K-King Guto!? Impossible! You're supposed to be dead!”

Gallus and Gabby's beaks were open with no words coming out as they also stared in shock. Snowtip brought out her phone and flipped through some pictures. She held it out towards him, looking at it and back at Guto. “Remarkable, the last king of Old Griffonstone City standing before us. If I was to guess, something magical backfired and caused you to be pulled a thousand years out of your time.”

Gilda quickly turned to her sister. “How in the feathers are you so calm about this!?”

“Because we've been through the same situation when we were little, G, but we got to return to our time. Guto's case was not so lucky, or in his case very lucky since he's married to Queen Novo,” Snowtip answered in a calm manner.

“M-Married!?” Gabby gasped and looked between the two. “Oh I should have seen it! Queen Novo of the Ares Bay and the Isles, and King Guto still being king! I get it now!”

Gallus rubbed his head. “This is all too cliché with the whole 'lost in time finding true love' thing...”

“Yeah, tell me about it...” Scootaloo gagged a little. “Talk about sappy.” She giggled nervously. “No offence, Queen Novo.”

Queen Novo shrugged. “Fletchlings speak their mind, I know. I have a daughter that's crazy wild, and my sister's daughter is as well. They're hyper, cheerful and always excited with new things. Also the niece of mine is looking forward to seeing a certain griff once more.” She glanced over to Gallus.

Gallus blinked a few times. “Silverstream is here?”

“Of course, she's been excited by this day of arrival for weeks now. She and our daughter Skystar are waiting in the throne room, come.” She turned with some guards and Guto heading to a door, it being opened by a guard for her.

Daring Do turned to Night Spark. “Don't you think this is just plain weird...”

“So far in the last few weeks it's been that, Daring Do. I just say roll with it,” Night Spark replied.

Oapious stared at the size of the door, and then looked at Guto, who looked up at him. “How exactly do you believe we can enter?”

“Crawl on your hand paws and knees. Sorry, but entrance to the roof of the palace wasn't built in mind of something as big as an immortal two-headed anthropomorphic jackal.” Guto turned and headed through the doorway.

Oapious grumbled, taking hold of his staff and scythe. “Fine, we'll just convert ourselves into our feral form.”

“Feral form?” I asked. He glowed before our eyes, and changed from standing on two legs to standing on all fours, with his staff and scythe resting on his back. He still wore his clothing and bands, but just morphed into something more like a two-headed big dog. “Wow...”

“Oh you look so cute!” Sweetie Belle went to rub both of his heads' chins.

He growled and spoke. “We might be in our feral form, but we're still fully aware, so do not treat us as a common dog.” Sweetie Belle nodded, and he walked by her through the doorway.

“Okay maybe cute, but a meany...” she grumbled.

“Maybe he just need's some friends,” Scootaloo suggested.

“Maybe...” Applebloom said out lout in thought.

“Come on young ones.” Snowtip waved us on to follow her with her wings flapping a few times. “Gilda and Seaspray need some alone time.” She glance over her shoulder with a wink as we were pushed through the doorway.

Gilda quickly turned to Snowtip, red in the face, as well as General Seaspray who covered his face slightly with his wing. “Snowy you dweeb! I-” The doors closed and we didn't get to hear what else she was going to say. Snowtip was laughing though.

One thing I noticed when we were walking was how strangely warm the floor felt to the talon and paws. The greyish white marble made up the floor, walls and ceiling, with glass windows every ten steps we went round and down. Opposite them were doors leading into rooms I guess. I stopped and looked out the window at the shifting clouds with flashes of light in the distance. There was no sound of thunder. I looked up at the ceiling lights, and they had clear crystal diamond shapes reflecting light.

“Hey Zaps!” I turned away from looking at the ceiling lights to Scootaloo. “Kinda weird palace, isn't it?”

I nodded, walking alongside her behind some of the others, till the floor leveled out and we began crossing some sort of bridge. “It is...” I turned my eyes to see massive marble beams and pillars, which all seemed to be holding up what we were just on. But what caught my eyes was the large arena below, similar to the pictures we were shown of the Crystal Empire arena. “Scootaloo, look at that!”

“Whoa! They have a game field directly under the part of the palace?” Scootaloo looked up. “Look at that, Zaps! There's more of that crystal glass stuff.”

I took a good look around, noticing five more bridges attached to the glass roof, connecting the middle part of it held up by pillars and beams to the outer parts of this palace. The crystal glass must have made it warm inside. “It's amazing! Even the stars look so amazing through that crystal glass! I wish Luna could see it!”

Gallus stepped up to us, aiming his phone up and pressing the side of it with a snap sound. “I'll get that printed for ya, so she can see it.”

“Thanks!” I beamed.

“No problem! Let's catch up with the others.” Gallus flapped his wings, hovering a few feet.

We saw Gilda and Seaspray coming onto the bridge. “Taking in the sights? It is quite the palace, isn't it?”

“It sure is!” Scootaloo flew up to him, coming up to eye level. “This place can't be seriously 3000 years old, right?”

“It is, young flyer. Anything can last if you maintain it over the years as we have. Haven't you noticed the light features?” We both nodded. “Since we made contact with the mainland from the bay, technology came to us, so we adapted it to our lives. Queen Novo struck a deal with Gilda and the other leaders. We just didn't say anything about the city, for the reasons you have discovered.”

Gilda placed her head against his. “And that I can forgive you for, you dweep.”

“That I am glad for, my sweet chick.” Gilda punched him in the foreleg. “Ow... Message reserved madam president.” He rubbed his foreleg.

“Get us to the throne room, feather brain. Wish this was more of a personal visit, but with our two-headed friend and his honourable combat, we got some serious issues on our talons,” Gilda said, giving him a serious look.

Seaspray opened his wing out. “Follow me to the throne room.” We nodded and followed the hippogriff in armour across the bridge.

We left the bridge and came to a hallway that lead to a set of stairs that split into two and bent around the middle. As we went down it, we passed a few guards that weren't wearing armour, but instead wearing light blue coats with blue and black caps, each one holding a weird stick in one talon hand across their arm, with static looks on their faces.

Coming down the two sets of stairs, between them were two massive doors. “Here we are: the throne room.” General Seaspray saluted to the guards, one a griffon and the other a hippogriff. They returned the salute and raised their staffs, which emitted a magical glow which opened the doors.

“Wow, they cast magic through those staffs?” Scootaloo asked, looking to each of them.

“Indeed,” Seaspray replied.

We all walked by them into the throne room, only to have Gallus get tackled by a pinkish hippogriff. “Whoa!” I jumped into the air, hovering a few feet in surprise of the speed of this hippogriff that came.

Gallus came to eye contact with the pink hippogriff. She had blue and white tailfeathers and a feathery mane, and was wearing a pearl necklace. “Si-Silverstream... can't breathe!” Gallus was getting squeeze-hugged by this Silverstream.

“Oh, sorry Gallus.” She released him from the hug. “I've been waiting for weeks, knowing you would be coming to the city! It was sooooo irritating waiting all this time! I know we can text and video chat, but after that trip at Ares Bay it was driving me nuts!”

Gallus got back on all fours, flapping his wings few times to make sure they was working. “You aren't one for patience, are ya, Silver?” He chuckled and gave her a hug back. “It's good to see you too Silversteam.” She returned the hug.

I landed, looking up at both of them slightly. “You okay Zaps?” Scootaloo asked.

I nod. “I am glad that comic book logic thing works... I might have got knocked over by her...”

Silverstream released herself from the hug, turned to me, and gasped with excitement. “Oh aren't you the cutest little griffon I've ever seen!”

She gave me a big hug and I yelped in surprise. Gallus laughed and Scootaloo didn't seem sure what to do. “Just let her. She's just as hyper as Gabby,” Sweetie Belle said, walking up to us.

“Silverstream, please put the poor fletchling down before he turns from yellow to blue.” Novo told Silverstream.

She giggled and put me down. I stumbled a bit before finding my talons and paws. “Sorry about that, you were just tooo cute!” She took a good look at me. “Hey, haven't I seen you somewhere before?” Silverstream tapped her beak with her talon a few times, staring intently at me before squawking in shock. “Zaps! I heard the orange one call you Zaps! No way you're Zaps Apple! That means...!” She pointed to Scootaloo. “You're Scootaloo! But you're griffons! Not ponies!”

Flying in the air, she put both of her talon hands out and sang out, “OH THIS IS AMAZING!” She flew over to Novo. “Aunty, we have Equestrians! EQUESTRIANS!”

Novo laughed, putting her talon hand on Silverstream's foreleg. “Yes I know, Silverstream. Now why don't you take a few deep breaths and let your aunt talk, okay?”

“Okay!” She landed beside the cream-coloured hippogriff who was giggling. “Can you believe it!? They're really here! They're really not just in comics, Skystar!”

Skystar the cream and blue hippogriff giggled again. “I know! Can't wait to ask them so much about their world! I bet there are soooo many missing parts that are exciting and fun to hear about that aren't in the comics!”

“Do you mind? I'd like to talk.”

“Oh sorry mum! Go ahead!”

“Thank you Princess Skystar.” Novo gave her and Silverstream a hug before walking up to her throne and sitting at it, with Guto beside her on his own throne. Her throne looked like a large seashell, but his throne looked like the fainting coach Rarity had. “Now to get to the bottom of all this and let the pearl out of the oyster.”

Daring Do sat down with her forelegs crossed, holding onto the staff firmly in her right talon hand. “I am going to take a guess and say that arena we saw while crossing the bridge is where we will fight?”

“Indeed. The magic shielding will make sure that damage will only happen in the arena itself during the fight between Daring Do, Night Spark and Gilda against Oapious the conqueror,” Guto explained as Oapious shifted back to his normal form. “It will commence tomorrow at one after noon.”

“Why then and not now?” Night Spark asked.

“Because of your little scuffle with almost being squashed to death by the land you came here on, and the fact it's well past midnight. Would you rather fight while half awake? I gather Oapious can, but can you?” King Guto took a good hard look at each of the three griffons.

Oapious stepped up, placing his scythe and staff down against the wall. “We shall keep our weapons here and wait till one after noon. Honourable combat for the Jewels of Boreas shall be commenced at said time. We shall request a place of rest until then.”

Queen Novo nodded and put a talon hand out to a mage guard. “Please escort Oapious to his room.”

The female guard griffon saluted. “Yes, your highness!” She put her talon out for him to follow. “Please follow me.” Oapious walked behind the griffon guard, leaving the throne room.

Daring Do walked to each of the stained-glass windows, which were showing a hippogriff and griffon on some, but only hippogriffs and only griffons on others. “These are all of the previous rulers?” Daring Do asked, turning towards the two rulers of the city.

“Indeed. Each are the king and queen of Celestial City, proud rulers of this fine city,” Guto replied with a talon hand out towards some of them. “One of these should have been me...” Guto looked upon one of the stained-glass windows. “This is my son. He left the old kingdom below and found his way here, a journey that should have been mine...”

“We all took journeys we had to take, honey. It's all part of our lives. If it wasn't for that surge of magic back in the day, you wouldn't be my loving husband ruling here by my side, and loving father to Skystar.” Novo put her talon hand on his shoulder. He glanced over to her slightly, with a smile and a nod in reply.

Skystar flew up with her forelegs out. “Who knows what I would have been like, or if I would even exist, since if you two weren't together you would have never had me and such,” Skystar stated.

I rubbed my head. “Why would that be important?”

“You don't know? It's simple really, it's when-”

“Skystar!” Guto raised his voice.

“Not saying a word daddy!” She did a zip motion.

“I'm confused...”

“That makes all four of us I think.” Scootaloo looked around to Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, who looked equally confused. “Maybe we can ask Rainbow Dash and the others back in Ponyville later.”

“Yeah, ah like that idea!”

“I am in!”

I nod. “I could ask Big Mac or Armour!”

Guto slapped his forehead. “Now look what you've done, Skystar...”

She giggled. “Sorry...”

“It's all part of the journey, King Guto.” We all turn in surprise to find a black, grey and white griffon with pinkish skin on her neck up to her face. He had a yellow beak and a few feathers on his head. He stood on his paws, holding a staff to support himself.

Sweetie Belle raised her talon hand, pointing to him. “Where did you come from?”

He pushed her talon hand down with his own gentle talon and replied. “That, Sweetie Belle, is something for you to think and ponder about with your friends. As for whom I am, which was the next question Scootaloo about to ask, I am Head Nebiim Gruff.”

“You old buzzard!” We moved quickly out the way as Snowtip came up to him and stood only a few feet from him. “You failed to mention that the last King of the old griffon kingdom was alive and well!”

Gruff chuckled before coughing a few times, feathers falling from him onto the floor. “Snowtip the young Nebiim, you know that I have my secrets and you have your own. The comic book we enhanced with our magic for you to give to Gallus was all part of events foreseen. You played the part you were meant to, and you are even now as you stand here in the throne room. You are a good griffon with a strong will, Snowtip. Gilda is lucky to have such a caring and bright sister like you.” He put his talon hand on the side of her face gently, with one eye normal the other looking almost clear.

Snowtip put her talon hand on his and pulled his away. “You played me back at Ares Bay. Those ruins and the ancient transmatter magic platform used to be used nearly 3000 years ago for teleporting from the city to the bay. There was a working transmatter magic platform there all this time. I don't like being played, Gruff...” Snowtip narrowed her eyes on him, with anger showing not only in her voice, but in her facial expression.

Gruff removed his talon hand from her grip. “I did what I had to do so you wouldn't arrive here too early, youngster. Your arrival to study the ruins threw me and the others off. We weren't expecting you there.”

Snowtip pulled out the hourglass she used to freeze time and shoved it into his chest. He took hold of it and looked down at it. “That you can have, to put away in whatever precious vault you have here. It's far to dangerous for it to be in Griffonstone.” She turned to Novo. “I am going to get some air, it's a bit too stale for my liking in here.” She hinted to the old griffon.

Novo nodded. “When you leave, go to your left. There's a balcony you can go to.”

“Thank you.” Snowtip walked by Gruff and whacked him in the face with her tail before leaving the throne room.

Gilda looked to Seaspray. “Sorry Sea, I have to go see if my sister is okay.”

“I understand. I will take you to Snowtip and wait inside till you're done talking, and then escort you two to your rooms.” Seaspray said, kissing her on the forehead.

Gilda kissed him on the beak top and warmly smiled. “Your such a cute dweep, lets get going.” Seaspray glanced to Novo, who nodded before they left.

Novo sighed, turning her attention to Gruff. “I warned you that this would happen. You played with fire and now you've got burned. Take that artefact to the vault. Make sure it's placed somewhere out of reach of anyone.”

“As you wish, Queen Novo...” He bowed slightly and huffed. “I had no choice. You know that as much as I do.” He turned and left the throne room.

“Hate to say it but he is right...” Guto responded.

“I know, I know... It's just frustrating at times...” Novo sat back on her throne seat. “Doesn't mean I enjoy this stuff happening...” Novo turned to Night Spark and Daring Do. “Your rooms will be opposite to the young ones' rooms. Also Silverstream twisted my foreleg, and so I allowed her to stay with them to have some youngsters time before sleep.”

Night Spark turned to Silverstream, who was close to bursting with excitement. “Alright, but I will be checking in within a hour on them to make sure they are resting.”

“That is fair, right Silverstream?”

She nodded happily. “Yes, that's awesome! I'll get to spend time with Gallus, Gabby, and these four amazing griffons; it's gonna be soooo exciting! Can I take them to their rooms for the night? Please? PLEASE?!”

Novo waved her right talon hand a few times. “Sure, go honey, just remember one hour.”

“Yes!”

“What about me!?” Skystar complained.

“You missy are grounded, after that stunt you pulled at Ares Bay. You're lucky I haven't put a more serious punishment. You need to take responsibility for your actions.”

“But-”

Guto walked down the steps to Skystar. “Come on Skystar, let's get you to your room before your mother decides to punish you with more than just a grounding.”

“Okay daddy...” Skystar sighed and turned to us. “Sorry I can't be with you tonight. Maybe after breakfast?”

Novo heard the question and groaned. “Fine. I will allow you to have some time with the Equestrians, and take them on a tour of the Grand Celestial Gardens to have some fun time too.”

“YES!” She hugged Novo. “Thank you mum! And good night!”

Novo hugged her back. “Good night, my little fletchling, sweet dreams.” Skystar let go and left with her dad.

Daring Do glanced over to us. “Night Spark, go with them. I got to ask a few things in private with the Queen.”

“Alright Daring, see you shortly.” She nodded and Night Spark came to us. “Silverstream, if you may.” He put his wing out to allow her to take charge and show us the way.

Silverstream turned and punched the air. “Alright, here we go! Slumber party time!”

We all left the throne room, walking down the hallway in front of the two staircases and the throne room door. I looked around as the hallway curved slightly, with half rounded pillars curving up on the ceiling, the large crystal shard lights hanging between each. “Silverstream, is everything round here?”

“Some hallways aren't but most are. It's the same with most homes, shops and such. Celestial City has always had rounded buildings, especially around the outside.” Silverstream answered my question, then gasped suddenly, quickly picking me up and placing me on her back. “You got to tell me what it's like!”

“Erm... What is what like?” I asked, now sitting on her back.

She giggled. “Silly me! I didn't ask the full question! You know the whole memory loss thing, getting a new name, and getting a bigger family than you ever thought possible!” Silverstream was excited when asking me this and skipped a few steps, with me holding on as she jumped.

I thought back from the day I woke. “I was confused, scared, and knew things that I didn't know how I learned about, from the rainbow apples to knowing I was a pony. It still confuses me...”

I took a pause and continued. “Big Mac has really been an amazing brother! And when I learned I had another brother, they called him my blood relative Armour McApple. I was surprised that he was married to Celestia. And I somehow remembered Luna as Nighty. But the past few months is all I remember, mostly.”

“Were you scared?”

“I was for a long time, but I am overcoming it with my friends and family!”

“That's soooo awesome to hear!” Silverstream spun around in the air a few times and landed. I felt a little dizzy from it, but still held on. “Oh! I bet it's weird knowing about the series of comics with you and the others, right?”

I nodded. “It is. I was surprised when we first arrived, but Gallus helped us a lot!”

Silverstream turned her head to Gallus. “Yep! Gallus has a warm and fuzzy heart!”

Gallus frowned. “I do not; I just wanted to help. I never leave anyone hanging.” He got a look from Scootaloo. “What?”

“That's something Rainbow Dash says,” Scootaloo replied.

Gallus shrugged. “She's one of my faves from the Mane Six in the Equis Series.”

“Mane Six?” Sweetie Belle repeated.

“Yeah, it's what everyone that reads the comic series calls Twilight and her five friends! The Mane Six are the main characters in the series, apart from the Zaps Apple and other side series,” Silverstream explained in excitement. “It's so cool to know they're real! I am sooo hyped to see them one day!”

Applebloom giggled. “Ah'll sure get Applejack to sign a comic for ya.”

“Would you!?”

“Eeyup!”

“Oooo, get one from Big Mac too!” Gabby joined in. “Ever since Zaps came into their life he says sooo many more meaningful things that really touch the heart!”

“Yer got it!” Applebloom grinned.

“Yes!” Silverstream and Gabby clapped talon hands together, cheering.

Gallus chuckled. “Better keep your word on that Applebloom. Don't want to disappoint your fans.”

“Ah'm a pony... Erm... Griffon of mah word. Bein' a different race sure gets confusin' at times.” Applebloom stopped and placed a talon hand over her chest, with a slightly confused expression after getting the words twisted.

Night Spark brought up something we didn't even think of. “That's if we're not all sucked back to our own reality at the moment of defeating Oapious in honourable combat and the path between worlds closing off.”

“That can't happen, right?” Scootaloo asked.

“Not sure. I had my share of magical comics that allow you to get right into the action of it. As soon as they finished you returned and poof! The comic disappears,” Night Spark explained to us all.

Gallus stopped and pulled out the comic book, looking at it and back at us. “But you came out of my comic, not appearing out of nowhere. That counts for something, doesn't it?”

Night Spark looked at the comic. “It does.” He turned to Silverstream and Gabby, looking a bit disappointed at this news. “That's why I am uncertain that it will happen. If it is anything like what Princess Luna told me about the magic mirror that leads to the human counterpart world, I think the comic book here and the one back in Equestria are linked like the statue and mirror.”

“I hope so!” Silverstream came up to him with me looking over her right side as she tapped her talon finger against his chest. “Cause I want to meet them at least once!”

“I bet all of you do.” He chuckled and noticed the door to the left. “Now that's an oddly coloured door. It has four colourful feathers painted on it.”

Silverstream turned to the direction he was pointing at. “Oh that's your, Gilda, Daring Do and Snowtip's suite.” She pointed to the other door opposite it, with an set of seven colourful feathers painted on it. “That's ours.”

Sweetie Belle flew up to each door, looking at the feathers painted on them. “That's a really cool way of marking our doors! They're sooo pretty too!”

Night Spark put his talon hand on the door handle, and it glowed for a second with an unlocking sound coming from it. “What the blazes!?” He let go quickly, startled by what happened and shaking his talon hand a little.

“Oooooh, I forgot to mention that they're magically locked, and only those whose feathers match the door can open the rooms,” Silvestream explained.

Night Spark turned to her. “How...”

“I think a feather from each of you was taken when you were out cold, and the griffon and hippogriff mages used them to infuse it into your doors,” Silverstream responded.

“Okay... That's quite impressive.” Night Spark opened his door, walked in and closed it. Silverstream raised her talon hand up, and each of her fingers bent down one second after the other till... “This is a suite!? It's huge! We even got our own bedrooms! I am a guard, not some VIP!” we heard him shout in shock.

Silverstream giggled. “You are a very important griffon!”

“VIG...” Night Spark said, opening the door looking down at her. “A simple room would have been alright missy...”

She shrugged as I leapt onto the ground. “My auntie and uncle set it up a few weeks ago.”

“Few weeks... Okay... I will be knocking in an hour...” With that, Night Spark closed the door again.

I walked up to the door with our colour feathers on it, hesitating to put my talon hand on the handle. “It's not going to hurt, is it?” I asked, staring at the handle.

“Nope, it's perfectly safe,” Silverstream reassured me.

I put my talon hand on it, feeling the magical energy go over it, and then hearing the click. “That felt really weird...”

“What did it feel like?” Scootaloo came up to my left side.

I pulled the handle down. “Water going over the handle, but without the water.” I explained the feeling I felt as I pushed open the door. Upon entering there was some sort of sitting room area like back at home, and connected to it was a kitchen.

I looking around saw two doors ajar, with both looking like they led to bathrooms. The other doors caught my attention, and I slowly walked by each of the seven closed doors. “These doors have our names on them...” I stopped at the room with my name on it. Glancing over I noticed the others were also standing and staring at their doors, apart from Silverstream watching with glee and clapping her talon hands together.

“Go on, open and look!”

And we did. I entered a room with a single bed, a night stand and a table. The one thing that caught my attention was the Big Mac plush sitting on top of the pillow, with a tag on it saying 'For Zaps Apple'. I walked up to the bed, climbing onto it. I sat there, picking up the plushy and hugging it. “Did the others get something too?”

“Yeah they did! They're gifts you all get to keep! Is it to your liking?”

I turned around to the door. “It is, Silverstream. Thank you.” I hugged it tightly. “We're all going to be away from our families... I want to see Big Mac, but we're stuck here till tomorrow's arena fight is over...”

Silverstream entered and sat down on the bed beside me, putting a foreleg around me and pulling me into a hug. “It'll be okay. You have friends: Gallus, Gabby and I. We'll get you home, that's a promise.”

“Thank you...” I felt my eyes getting heavy as I leaned to her, feeling the warmth of the hug.

All the sudden... “What the griffon feathers is this!?”

My eyes snapped open. Both me and Silverstream looked confused before we came out to see Gallus in the sitting room with a comic book open, flipping through page after page... “Erm... Is this supposed to have more pages than it looks?”

“No... Maybe Gruff did something to the book unintentionally,” Silverstream replied, walking up to Gallus. “Gallus, wh-what with the look?”

Gallus turned the pages one way, then another way. “It's impossible...” He turned the pages again.

“What's impossible?” Scootaloo asked.

“This!” Gallus turned the comic around to show us six ponies being confronted by Celestia, Applejack, her friends, Big Mac and Armour McApple. The next picture showed them all turn into...

We said in unison...

“Changelings...”

PreviousChapters Next