• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 1,963 Views, 75 Comments

One Soul, Two Worlds - Sparkleman



A human ends up in Equestria as he dreams.

  • ...
3
 75
 1,963

Back on Earth

*Bzzz, Bzzz, Bzzz.*

"Shut up you stupid alarm," I said tiredly.

I took a quick look at my surroundings. I was back in my dorm room on Earth. I remembered what had happened in Equestria last night, no yesterday, ah whatever it should be. I looked over at my clock. It read 9:30 AM. Seems about right. I was in Equestria for what seemed like twelve hours or so.

"Dude, get up! We're going to be late!"

"Huh, what." *Smack* My roommates hand firmly connected with face waking me up. "Will, slow down man!" I shouted now fully awake, "what's the rush?"

Will, my roommate and best pal since entering college two years ago, was franticly getting dressed.

"Did you forget, we have class in thirty minutes and it's across campus."

"Ah, Will, it's spring break and a Saturday remember. Classes ended yesterday and we wouldn't have a class today if it wasn't Spring break."

He stopped stiff with a puzzled look an his face. The puzzled look slowly turned into an "Oh yea, that's right" look. Will sat back down on his bed and let out a breath of air. I sat up fully and put my glasses on.

"Huh," I said out loud.

"What?" asked Will.

I removed my glasses, put them back on, and removed them once more.

"My vision, it's perfect."

"Well duh, that's why you where glasses so it can be perfect."

"No, I mean without them. I can see perfectly."

"Oh ok. Wait, what!?!"

I set my glasses down and got out of bed as Will kept staring at me with wonder. I took off the shirt I wore to bed preparing to get ready for the day. As soon as I did though Will let out a large gasp.

"What?" I asked. It wasn't like it was the first time he saw me shirtless before.

"Dude, look down." Will said while pointing downward.

I looked down to see what the fuss was about. I almost screamed with shock at what I saw. I was fit, not like bodybuilder six pack fit, but trimmed, like all of my fat had been taken away overnight leaving all of my muscle behind. Though completely surprised I had to say, I looked good.

"But, but, but how?" I asked myself. Then it hit me, Equestria. My body that I had when I visited there seemed to have magically connected with my world improving my Earth body.

"Ah, Dylan," started Will, "What's going on because it looks like you know."

I looked at Will dead in the face and said strait up, "Equestria."

He had a slight look of confusion on his face as he processed what I just said. Once he did he bursted out laughing. He continued until he noticed that I was serious.

"You're not joking, are you?"

I shook my head. "There's something I have to tell you."

After four hours of explaining, and answering any questions Will had for me, I had finally retold him of the events of my "Dream Teleportation" of the last two nights. Luckily Will was a fellow Brony and seemed to take it well.

"So, let me get this strait, you have met everypony from the show?"

"Well, most of them."

"And you can cast powerful magic that they have never seen before?"

"Yup."

And you go in-between the worlds when you sleep?"

"Yes."

"Yet you don't fully know how or why this happens?'

"Well i have a theory..."

We looked each other dead in the eyes and in unison said, "Pinkie Pie."

"So," began Will," you want to see if anything else carried over?"

"Like if my magical powers did?"

"Exactly."

"Yea, but first we shower. I reek."

Will agreed by sniffing his armpit and laughing. Fifteen minutes, and a fresh change of clothes, later we headed out of our dorm room into the quad area on our floor. We decided we would go to a nearby field so we don't cause any "accidental" damage. We got into my van and drove out to the field. By the time we got out there it was a little after two in the afternoon. We settled in to center of the field for the test.

"Ok, so what are you going to try first?"

"Well, I did some reading on elemental based magic at Twilight's house. I want to try an ice spell first."

"Cool stuff there man."

I ignored the complete lack funny in that pun. "Stand back," I said.

I began to focus my mind, yet I didn't feel a surge of energy threw me like in Equestria. I focused harder on changing the moister particles around me. All of sudden I felt a chill run up my spine. I opened my eyes keeping my mind on the image of an ice spike forming in front of me. Slowly yet surely small ice particles began to form in front of me and mold together. They started to form a snowball instead of an ice spike. Suddenly the chilling energy I was felling disappeared and the snowball fell to the ground with a plop.

"Well, that was, sorta nice," said Will reassuringly.

"It was suppose to be an ice spike." I moaned out.

"Oh."

"It's not your fault. It's hot, the particles probably couldn't freeze fast enough."

"Well, are you going to try something else?" Will asked trying to change from my failure.

"I was good with first based spell," I replied, "I'll try one of those."

"Good idea, try one you familiar with."

"Ok, stand back again. Things could get very hot very quickly."

Will took a few steps back as I focused on making a flame. I felt a familiar energy rush through me, yet it was different. It didn't feel as strong as it as in Equestria. I formed a small ball of fire in my palm, yet it was an reddish-orange color, not the usual purple I would conjure. I shot the flame forward only to have it evaporate a few feet ahead of me. It was right then that I knew why I couldn't cast powerful magic on Earth.

"That was awesome, sorta pathetic, yet fucking awesome!" Shouted Will.

"Not like what I could do in Equestria."

"Yea, compared to what you told me that was really weak looking."

"I think I know why too. Equestria is abundant with magical energy thanks to the vast amount of magic users that live there, yet on Earth magic is considered a trick of illusions more than anything else. I believe that I have to become more adapt here on Earth to become a more powerful mage." I explained.

"That make sense, if you think about it," replied Will, "yet how come you were able to cast anything at all if our world is like that?"

"Probably because the tales of magic being major key elements in stories wasn't all necessarily made up. I can still feel a slight magical aura in the air but it's almost nonexistent."

"Ok, so magic is a bust?"

"For now, but I'll keep trying."

"Cool."

Right then our stomachs growled in hunger. We looked at each other an laughed. We had completely forgot about breakfast and lunch and our stomachs were letting us know.

"Let's go get some food." I suggested.

"Ok, I'll buy."

"You sure Will?"

"Yea, you're driving and plus you being able to use genuine magic deserves some victory food."

"That makes sense. Thanks."

We climbed back into the van and drove to the nearest fast food joint, which just happened to be an in-and-out. The best thing about moving out to the west for college had to be this place. Amazing burgers, fries, and shakes for less then ten bucks a piece. It was the life of a college guys who had a little extra to spend. We got our burgers and sucked up our food. Neither one of us saying a word as we ate. After the food was gone, which took less than five minutes to do, we climbed back into the car. It was about 3:30 at this time and we decided to hang about downtown for a while.

"Hey," I said, "I just realized that I need new clothes. I'm probably not going to fit in any other of my clothes."

"Yea, I was wondering that. How do you fit in those clothes so well after dropping so much weight anyways?"

"You know I'm not sure." I saw the point he was making and had no clue as to why they fit. I took another good look over my clothes and gasped.

"Dude, you know how I said Rarity made me some outfits back in Equestria?"

"Yea, why?"

"We're going back tot he dorm really fast, I have to check on something."

Will just looked puzzled at what I was doing. We got back to the dorm in no time and I rushed up to our room. Will walked in on me as I started to rip apart my dresser drawer by drawer. Then I saw them on the third on down. The outfits Rarity made me when I was in Equestria.

"Will, take a look at this."

He peeked into the drawer and couldn't tell what I was freaking out about. "It's just a bunch of clothes, so what."

"They don't have any brand name tags on them or sizes yet they fit my newly formed Equestrian body perfectly." I said, "they're the clothing Rarity made me."

"How is that possible?" He asked, "Shouldn't they be in the dresser at Twilights where you guys moved them too?"

"Yea, that's what I don't understand. The last thing I remember is falling asleep with one of my hands on the dresser."

"Dylan, you don't think they came with you, do you?"

"I don't know, but that would explain why I was clothed the first time I went to Equestria."

"When you go to bed tonight, try taking something with you. Like you're I-pod of something."

"I was thinking more along the lines of my bow and arrows. I could improve my archery while over there."

"You really think it's ok to take a weapon to Equestria?"

"Well," I said, "I don't know. I just have a feeling in the back of my head that I might need them."

"Ok, whatever you think is ok," Will said shrugging, "it's not like I can go to Equestria or anything."

Laughing as I spoke, "Yea, I guess not."

"Now, can we hit town?"

"Sure, lets go."

We left the dorm and headed downtown. While there we meet up with some friends and went to the movies. Afterwards we got a bite to eat and just hung out walking from place to place. We continued on like this till about nine-ish, then we decided to head back to the dorm. We arrived at the dorm at about 9:30.

"So, you think you're going back tonight?"

"Yea, most likely," I said, "I think I'm going to try to bring my I-pod with me tonight."

"Well, good luck with that, and goodnight."

"Night Will."

Will passed out in a manner of seconds as I finished getting prepped for my day in Equestria. I grabbed my bow and ten arrows along with my I-pod. I set myself down on my bed and started to fall asleep, but still making sure that I had a hand on my stuff. Slowly sleep took over my body and I was producing some z's.


-------------------------

"Spike wake up Dylan!" I heard Twilight yelling behind my door, "It's already nine and we have to get moving."

"I'm up Twilight!" I shouted so she could here me.

"Oh good, we're heading over to Sugarcube Corner, meet us there when you finish getting ready."

"Sure can do."

I had fully woken up now, thank the gods I'm a morning person. As I looked about the room I noticed something on the dresser. It was my I-pod. It had actually come over with me. "Then that means...Ah ha!" I found my bow and quiver of arrows underneath my bed. how my items were in such ideal location I can't figure out, but what the hay, they were here.

I washed myself off and got ready. Before walking out of the door I threw the bow over my back and attached my quiver to a belt lace thing my shorts had. I made my way to Sugarcube Corner actually saying hello to some ponies along the way. I meet up with the pony that everyone calls Dr. Whooves and tried to make small talk with him. Before I could say anything though he said, "By Celestia!" and ran off. After a few minutes of meet and greet I finally arrived at the Corner and walked in, only to be greeted by Mrs. Cake.

"Oh, Dylan dear, you just missed Twilight and them. They went to Sweet Apple Acres to fetch me some apples for a dish I am making. They told me to send you there."

"Thank you Mrs. Cake."

I left the Corner and headed towards the farm. As I approached the front gate I saw Twilight, Spike, Applejack, and Pinkie walking up from the other side.

"Good morning." I yelled out.

"Good morning' sugarcube," Applejack replied "what's that yah got there on yah back?"

"Oh this, it's a bow and these are arrows." I showed her the quiver at my waste.

"What's it for?" Asked Twilight eyes open eager to learn.

"I'll show you. Applejack, is there any old tree I could use?"

"Well sure there is," she replied, "there's one over by the clubhouse, we can use that."

"Cool, lead the way."

Applejack lead us to an old tree that was about a two minute walk form the gate. I took my bow off my back and notched an arrow. I aimed at the tree and pulled back the string. Then I stopped, and slowly released unstrung the arrow.

"Applejack, can I use an apple?"

"Well, sure why?"

"Just watch, and why do you ponies ask so many questions?"

I took and apple and placed in on a little indent in the tree. I walked to about fifty yards away from the tree, then turned to face it. I re-notched the arrow and pulled it back ready to fire. I aimed the arrow at the apple and released. The bow sung and chord as the arrow flew off strait into the apple. I turned to the gapping ponies and bowed.

"That was super cool mister," said a new voice, "what's it called?"

I turned to see a orange, purple maned pegasus filly standing behind me with open eyes. Behind her stood a white, purple maned unicorn filly with a yellow, red maned filly that wore a large red bow behind her.

"It's called archery, and my name is Dylan not mister."

"Cool, well I'm Scootaloo, this here is Sweetie Bell and Applebloom." she said rather proudly, "And we are..."

"THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" they shouted unison as they jumped into the air.

-------------------------

Yea, another chapter done, and the longest yet. I promise they will get longer from now on. As always I will take suggestion, fix any errors that you guys find, and will answer an confusing questions you have of the story so far.

Next chapter will be a heavy Crusader chapter for all you crusader lovers out there. I will say now though that there will be many surprises and twists in the upcoming chapters because I finally figured out what this will turn into. My lips are sealed for now though, so keep reading to find out.