• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 1,963 Views, 75 Comments

One Soul, Two Worlds - Sparkleman



A human ends up in Equestria as he dreams.

  • ...
3
 75
 1,963

Beautiful Magic

“Well, golly. I’m Applejack and this here is…”

“Rarity, the most dashing pony in all of Ponyville.”

“Hmm, I wouldn’t go that far,” muttered Applejack under her breath. I barely caught her say that and lucky Rarity didn’t.

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” still keeping my polite tone mainly for Rarity sake, “as you can see I’m not from this world.”

“We already informed them of the Dylan.”

I turned my head toward Twilight. “Well, I didn’t know that. Also, how long have I been asleep?”

“For about 16 hours, it’s 8:00.”

Hmmm. The same amount of time that I was awake in my world. That confirms it, when I sleep in my world I come here and vice-versa.

“16 hours you say, I was awake for that amount of time in my world. What you said just confirmed my previously thought theories. When I sleep in this world I return to mine, and for however long I stay awake in my world I sleep in this one. What I don’t know yet is if I stay awake in this world for say twelve hours if I will wake up in my world twelve hours after I went to sleep.”

“We could try this out today and you can inform me of the outcome tomorrow,” Twilight responded, “but will this affect you in your own world tomorrow if you stay up that long?”

“Naw, not tonight. I don’t have anything to do tomorrow. I actually don’t have anything important to do for the next four days in my world.”

Luckily my winter break had just started and I was off work till after Christmas. Family wasn’t an issue since my parents went out to travel the world once I got into college. Smart bastards, making me get enough scholarships for school so they could spend the money doing what I always wanted.

As my mind came back to the current world I finally noticed how cramped it was in the room. I also noticed I was back in Fluttershy’s cottage. I decided it was time for me to get out of this slightly too short of a guest bed.

*Cough Cough* Everypony focused their heads toward me.

“Um,” I started to say, “I don't mean to be rude or anything but C\can I have some room to get ready?”

“Oh, of course darling,” Rarity said as she gathered the others and herded them out of the door, “Let the pony, I mean man, have some space to get ready.”

After Rarity had gotten everyone out she turned to me and said, “I made some new clothing for you dear, based on what you had on yesterday. I would be overjoyed if you wore them. They’re in the top drawer of the dresser over there.”
She pointed to the only dresser in the room. I nodded showing that I understood and she the same before walking out of the door. She really does live up to her name of being the element of generosity. I climbed out of bed noticing my shirt was off but luckily my pants were still on.

“Ah thank the gods; I thought they might have changed me down to the skin.”

I proceeded to walk over to the dresser and open the top drawer. I gasped at what I saw. Four pairs of cargo shorts, two the same brown that I currently was wearing, and two kaki colored. There were also five shirts, my dark green one from yesterday, two blues, a red and a slightly lighter green one. There was also three pair of socks and briefs. When I saw the briefs that when I knew they took off my pants. I shrugged it off because it would be weird wearing the same briefs from the day before. I changed into fresh pair of briefs and put on one of the brown shorts with the red shirt. I found my shoes under the bed I then put my dirty pants and briefs in the second drawer and walked out of the room downstairs, ducking almost half the way.

“Hey, what’s up everyone?”

The gang was in the living room small talking. As soon as I spoke they all focused on me. Rarity dashed over to me inspecting my clothes.

“Do they fit dear?”

“Yea, they’re perfect. Thank you for making these for me.”

“Oh, it wasn’t just me darling. Fluttershy and Twilight brought me the measurements. Applejack and Rainbow Dash brought me the materials needed while Pinkie described in detail how you looked. It was a group effort.”

I blushed a little when I found out the Fluttershy measured me and Pinkie could describe well enough for Rarity to make four sets of clothing for me.

“Well sugacube, I heard you can cast some fancy magic that surprised even Twilight here.”

“I guess, you want to see it?”

“Ah sure would.”

“Are you sure Dylan,” said the timid voice of non other than Fluttershy, “the last time you casted it you fell asleep out for half a day.”

“It’s ok Fluttershy, I was already tired then. I think I’ll be ok this time.”
“Oh, ok then.”

We filed out of the cottage and headed to the field again. I stayed in the back and decided to talk with Spike since I haven’t had much of a chance either trip.

“So, how does it feel to be a dragon in a town of ponies?”

“Well, it was difficult at first being the strange one in town.” I knew how that felt. “But everypony warmed up and now I have lots of friends.”

“So, Spike, about your little crush on Rarity.”

“How did you find that out! No one knows that I like her except Pinkie and Twilight! And they did a Pinkie promise not to tell anyone!”

“Hey, hold up, I’m just really good at reading emotions and expressions. I could tell that you liked just by the few minutes we were in Fluttershy’s cottage. Also, I’ve had the visions remember. I saw the time you told them in the spa.”

“Oh, yea, forgot about the visions. Twilight told me about them. Is it really that easy to tell though?”

“No, no, no,” I lied to not hurt the little guy’s feelings, “as I said, I’m just really good at ready expressions and emotions.”

“Well, ok, if you say so.”

“Hey slowpokes,” said Rainbow Dash rather loudly, “We’re already here!”

I looked up to see the others already at the bottom of the hill while Spike and I was only halfway down.

“Hey Spike, race you down.”

“You’re on!”

A few seconds later we were down the hill. Spike somehow came in first only by tripping and rolling down the last stretch of hill. Still, how did I lose to a dragon not even a third of my size?

“So, darling, I heard that you casted a magnificent flame on your first try at magic.”

“Well howdy, I like to see that.”

“Well, ok. I’m going to try something just a little different this time though, so stand back just in case.”
The six ponies took a few steps back while Spike stayed right at my side. I didn’t bother since I knew he was resistant to magic being a dragon and all but Twilight told him to step back. He wouldn’t until Rarity asked him to. He proceeded to go straight to her side to “protect her” just in case something did go wrong.

“Ok, here I go.”

I held out my right hand and made the mental image of a blueish-purple flame. The warmth I felt from before rushed through my body and concentrated into my hand. A ball of flame, slightly larger than the one from before appeared in my hand. Still keeping some focus on the flame in my right hand I created another in my left. Just then I heard some gasps behind me.

“What beauty! The flames match my mane!” said Rarity with a shortness of breath from the gasp.

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” I said over my shoulder, “watch this!”

I was taking a shot at this but I though what would happen if I combined the two flames like duel casting Skyrim. I slowly moved the two flames together focusing on them becoming one larger flame. The flames shaped to my will and became one in between my hands. Now I heard Twilight gasp. I don’t think she’s seen something like this before. Even better then, I was making a new kind of spell casting for Equestria! I slowly pulled my hand apart but kept the magical energy flowing from my hands to ball of fire floating in between.

“I’m going to fire it at the boulder. Brace yourselves!”

shot my hand forward sending the magical ball of fire forward at a blinding speed. What happened next even I didn’t anticipate. The ball became a long line of fire that oddly resembled a Chinese dragon. Right before it hit the boulder it made and inaudible roar and exploded into three pillars of flame, each one as big as the first one I casted the day before. The flames circled once then collapsed together into a fiery, yet strangely graceful explosion that turned the boulder itself in a highly polished gemstone. Which gem I’m not entirely sure being that I knew nothing about gems, but even to me it was beautiful. Once the fire died down Rarity rushed to the gem.

“Oh my, what every did you do to make such a magnificent gem to appear for me. It’s simply ravishing with beauty.”

“Maybe he just did what Discord did to Tom for you.” Twilight jokingly said.

“We said we would never talk about Tom again.”

“Oops, sorry.”

Me being as baffled as anyone else on how the gem appeared just went, “I didn’t do anything, just shot my flame at it.”

“Well that spell was a mystery in itself. How did you know that combining spells would make it that much more powerful?”

“I just went along the lines of two is better than one and that happened.” I shrugged as I said it.


“Well whatever you did it was like 20% cooler than yesterday’s spell.”

“Thanks Dash.”

“You don’t feel tired at all do you?”

“Not at all Fluttershy,” I squatted down to get eye level with her, “but thanks for checking up on me.”

She blushed a little and turned away at the sincere reply. So cute, must hold back urge to hug. Then Pinkie Pie tackled me.

“Oh My Gosh, that was like super-duper mega awesome! You’re creativity is almost as crazy as mine with that dragon at the end that looked like a beefed up Spike! Can you do it again please, please, please?”

“Um,” I could barely get anything out with her standing on top of me, “Well, I could but I want to try something else first. Also, I can’t breathe.”

“Oh, sorry.” Pinkie proceeded to jump of me and crash (?) into Rainbow Dash who was a few feet away from me.

“Hey, Applejack.”

“Yea sugercube?”

“Can we go to your farm? I want to try an idea I had.”

“Well sure, but what do you want to do?”

“I want to buck an apple tree,” I said with a wide, almost devilish grin on my face.