• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 1,963 Views, 75 Comments

One Soul, Two Worlds - Sparkleman



A human ends up in Equestria as he dreams.

  • ...
3
 75
 1,963

Setting Off

Three days after the Theseus dream encounter.

"Ah," I said stretching, "it feels good learning a new spell. Yet I feel more tired than when I began."

Twilight and Celestia laughed at my comment. "It always does," Twilight added, "especially when we are creating a new spell."

"Yea. I can't wait to use this in battle."

"Remember," said Celestia sternly at me, "that you can only use the spells you created when you are in dire need."

"I know," I replied, "I don't even think I can cast any of them more than once a day each, so I need to make it count when I use them."

"Thats the spirit," Celestia said with a smile.

"Well, if you excuse me, I have an appointment with a certain unicorn today, and I really need to get going," I said.

"Who," said Twilight bewildered.

"It's somepony you know quiet well," I said, "in fact, I think he returned from his honeymoon quite recently."

Twilight looked even more confused than before. After a few seconds though a light shone in her eyes. "You mean my brother!" Twilight said excitedly.

"Yes. I heard he was an exceptional barrier maker, and I thought that I could learn a thing or two from him."

"Oh oh, can I got princess," said Twilight leaping with excitement now," can I. Can I. Please, please, please!"

"Of course Twilight," said Celestia chuckling.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

"Before you go," Celestia said as her horn began to glow. A warm, yellow light wrapped around Twilight and I rejuvenating us.

"Thank you Celestia," I said as Twilight and I walked out and closed the door behind us.

Twilight an I walked through the castle toward my meeting point with Shining Armor. Twilight was bouncing along with a giant grin on her face. I asked her about the wedding, making it seem as if I didn't know much. She broke down the whole story of the changelings attacking and the impostor princess. When I heard about how many changelings they actually took down, which the show greatly decreased, I was taken aback. By now though we had reached the front courtyard where Shining Armor was waiting for us, along with Princess Cadence. Twilight ran to hug her brother and step-sister.

"Hello Shining Armor and Princess Cadence," I said walking up, "or should it be Prince Shining Armor?"

"Shining is fine," he replied smiling.

"Also Cadence as well," said the princess smiling as well, "any friend to Twilight is a friend to us."

"As you wish," I said bowing jokingly. "I have heard that you are a master as barrier spells from your sister Shining."

"Now what made her get that idea?" he asked looking down at his sister laughing. Twilight pulled one of her guilty smiles as she pulled back from the hug.

"Don't be so modest," I said, "you raised an entire barrier over Canterlot for an extended period of time."

"Yes, but it did give him migraines," said Cadence.

"I heard. What I want to know is that if you could teach them to us for our quest." The three ponies looked at me surprised. Cadence and Shining I understood, but Twilight, really. I continued, "as you might know, you sister and I, along with our friends have been set forth on a quest to save Equestria, again. Although we have barrier spells we know, I thought that knowing more advanced ones would help a lot."

"I see your point," said Shining rubbing his chin.

"But we just got back from our honeymoon," said Cadence, "I thought we could relax a little."

"Yes darling, but this is for the faith of Equestria," replied Shining, "you heard what happened to Canterlot while we were gone and how they helped. It's the least I can do as the Captain of the Royal Canterlot Guards."

"So, does that mean a yes?" I asked.

"Yes..."

My heart leaped with joy.

"On one condition.

And my heart sank again. "What would that condition be," I said.

"You need to break through my toughest barrier with magic," he said smiling, "only then will I know you have the magical energy to use my spells."

Twilight and Cadence gasped at the challenge while I just cracked my knuckles in anticipation. Shining motioned for them to back up, which they did without question. He proceeded to cast a barrier around himself.

"Wait, before we do this, can I teleport us to somewhere more open, like the fields outside of Canterlot?"

"Sure," said Shining Armor dispelling his shield, "but it's quite a walk there."

"No problem," I said as I walked forward. I placed my hand on Armor's head and a flash of purple light evolved us. When the light faded we were in the eastern field.

"That quite a distance to teleport," said Armor impressed, "a few miles at least."

"So does that give me any credit at all to learn the barrier spells," I asked jokingly.

"No, you still have to break it," he replied in good humor. He proceeded to produce another barrier, that same size as before

"Ok. I'm still going to break it though." I charged my basic fireball spell, the one I had first used when I arrived in Equestria, and shot it at the barrier. It went perfectly, but caused no hint of damage to the shield. I continued to fire spells of ice, fire, electrical, and acidic making each one more powerful than the last. Each one caused no damage to shield, and when one did happen to damage it, Shining repaired the shield almost instantly. by the time I had reached my more advanced spells, I still couldn't make the barrier budge.

"By the gods," I said gasping for breath after a powerful acidic spell, "why is this shield so damn strong?"

"Because it's the most powerful one I could conjure," said Shield mockingly, "and so far no pony other than the Princess's could break it."

"Then I guess I should change tactics," I smirked as I put my hand close together as if I was holding a medium sized ball in my hands. A soft blue glow appeared in my hands in my pocket. My I-pod levitated out of my into the center of my hands, with the speakers facing toward Shining Armor.

Bass Cannon Active

"What kind of spell is this?" Asked Armor intrigued, "I've never seen it before.

I looked up slowly as I replied, "because I just created it today. It's the spell of music. It's called..."



*Five second pause for dramatic effect*





"... Bass Cannon."

"Bass Cannon?"

"Yes, can't you hear it?" I asked smiling.

Power up the Bass Cannon

"What in the world," said Shining.

Fire

When the bass dropped waves of energy burst from my hands. When I mean waves, I mean energy that flowed like sound waves that went with the music. At first nothing seemed to happened.

"Your spell doesn't seem to be working too well," said Shining Armor Mockingly.

"Phase two is the real spell," I said, "just wait till it hits phase two."

After a few more seconds, phase two began.

Power up the Bass Cannon.


Fire

The waves intensified, doubling in power and magnitude, striking the barrier at full force. Large cracks started to appear all over the barrier as the waves of energy blasted forth from my hands. Slowly I could see the strain wear on Armor, until the barrier shattered, blasting Armor clean off his hooves at least thirty feet behind him. I stopped the spell before any more harm could befall him..

*End music*

-----------------------

Somewhere, off in the distant city of Manehatten, a certain white coat, blue maned, red eyed pony's head raised as she heard what was the faint sound of a sweet bass before it disappeared as quick as it had come.

------------------------

"You ok Shining Armor?" I said as I walked to the pony lying on the ground. A mild groan was all I received. "Damn, let me heal you up."

I casted a minor healing spell for any internal injuries he had. After a few moments Shining was able to stand beck up, though not as strongly as before.

"I guess you won," he said laughing, though his pain was clear, "now how about we start your training."

"Tomorrow," I said, "first, you need to get to the infirmary."

"Don't you leave tomorrow though?"

"We pushed it back a day because of the incident with Perseus. I think you heard of it."

"Yea, I was informed as soon as I returned."

"Ok, now lets get you back to the castle," I said smiling. In a flash we were back in the main courtyard of the castle, with Cadence and Twilight waiting. I explained why Shining was in the state he was in, and got a lecture from Twilight about using the Bass Cannon on her BBBFF, as we took him to the infirmary. After leaving the three in the infirmary, I went to seek out Luna. After walking around the castle for a while, a guard told me she was in her chambers. I thanked him and was on my way. I arrived at Luna's chamber doors and knocked.

"Who calls for us?" Asked Luna behind the door.

"It's Dylan Luna," I replied, "and it's me, not us."

The door opened and I was greeted by Luna's smiling face. She gestured me in as she said, "Why did you not say so sooner Dylan. We, I mean I, have been expecting you for an hour now."

"Sorry, got a little sidetracked with Shining Armor."

"Did he agree to teach you his barrier spells?"

"Yes, but it wasn't easy to persuade him." I retold the events that happened with Shining and me in the field. Luna seemed impressed that I actually broke his shield that quickly.

"I thought I heard your spell. I am glad to see that the work you've done with my sister and I have payed off."

"Yea, I can't thank you two enough."

"Make no mention of it. It is our duty to protect Equestria, and that entitles us to train the heroes that will make it possible."

As she finished, there was a knock on the door, followed by a voice saying, "Ah, Princess Luna, are yah there?"

I opened the door to be greeted by Applejack. "Well, hey there Applejack, you're just in time."

"Howdy Dylan, greeting's Princess Luna"

"Are you here to talk about the rations for the trip?" Asked Luna.

"You bet I am"

"Can I join?" I asked.

"Sorry sugercube," said Applejack, "but you know that Alex and ah have the job for food. Ah also need to talk to the princess here by myself."

"Oh, ok," I said defeated, "see you two later then?"

"Yes, Dylan," said Luna, "I will call you back later tonight."

"Tonight?" I asked puzzled.

"It's already five sugar," said Applejack, "didn't you know?"

"No, thanks," I said as I exited the door, "see you later." I closed the door behind me and walked down the hall. I let out a sigh. It hadn't even been five minutes of walking and I got bored. After a few more minutes I ran into Rainbow Dash.

"Hey Dash," I said grabbing her attention, "when did you get back form cloudsdale?"

"Just a few minutes ago," se replied, "I have awesome news by the way."

"What?"

"While I was training, the Wonderbolts scouted me," Dash said beaming, "and if I return from our trip in one piece, I can join them."

"Sweet. Hey, have you been informed of any of the recent events here?"

"Yea, I heard you got banged up pretty bad. What happened mister hot-shot, a random warrior to tough for the magic man?"

"No, I was just exhausted from sparring earlier that day so I wasn't in my top form," I said, "I could have beaten him in ten seconds flat if it wasn't for that." I successfully turned Dash's quote back on her.

"Hey, only I can say that."

"Sure, sure. Well, I got to go. See you in two days when we set off?"

"Yea, totally."

With that Dash and I parted ways. I headed back to my room. I did some studying on combining spells and weaponry summoning until it was time to head to bed. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

Two days later, Canterlot Western Gate, Ten O'clock AM

"Everypony ready?" asked Applejack as she fasted her saddle.

Nods of agreement and a few yea's were her response as the twelve of us finish our last minute check. We had a little bit of a goodbye crowd to send us off. The princesses, Cadence and Shining Armor, the smiths that Will had been with almost the entirety of the two weeks, some guards that trained with us, even the Wonderbolts showed up. I'm betting the last on because of Dash. The streets were oddly clear of any other ponies, probably because of who was here to set us off.

"I'm good to go," I said as I finished my pack check. Some of the others were finishing up and saying their goodbyes. I walked over to Princess. "Thank you for the knowledge of the arcane arts." Ok, could I sound any nerdier.

"It was our pleasure," replied Celestia, "and remember about the once per day rule on those certain spells."

"Don't worry I won't forget," I replied smiling.

"Don't forget that you were going to show me the device that you call 'video games' when you return," said Luna.

"How could I forget," I said chuckling, "I'll show you if it's within my ability to do so."

After a few more quick words, I turned my attention to Shining Armor, who at the moment was dealing with Twilight. I couldn't help but laugh a little as I walked up seeing Twilight's expression.

"What's so funny?" Asked Twilight.

"You look like a little filly on her first day leaving home," I said, "and it brought back funny memories of my childhood."

"Oh, ok," she said not fully trusting me.

"Do you mind if I take you brother for a moment?"

"None at all. I was about to ask the same to you for the Princess's."

"Shining Armor, I can't thank you enough for yesterday's training."

"No problem," Armor said smiling, "I was actually surprised on how easy you grasped it. You're almost as good as me."

"The Princess's were also shocked on how fast I learn spells when I want to, and what do you mean almost. You could break one of my shields."

"Yea but I wasn't trying my hardest too either." We glared at each other strait in the eyes for almost a full minute before we broke out laughing. We brohoofed, and said out final goodbyes.

I went back to my pack just to do one more check because my inner eagle scout said something was missing. Lets see: food, check; warm clothing, check; sleeping bag, check; I-pod, check; bow and arrows, check; armor, check; other survival tools, check. After I finished my examination again, I looked noticing that everybody was now waiting on me.

"He,he, sorry," I said scratching the back of my head, "Boy Scouts."

The twelve of us true our bags on, and headed out the gate. As we exited we said our final goodbyes and headed down the trail. After about three hours of walking we stopped for lunch.

"So Twilight, were are he headed," said Alex as he munched on an apple.

"Well," she said as she pulled out a map from he saddlebag, "Prometheus, if the Princess's are correct, should be in far western reaches of equestria, past the draconic lands."

"We have t-to go t-through the l-lands of t-the d-d-dragons?" Asked Fluttershy now completed scared out of her wits.

"Yes and no, there is a river that starts in the new village of Sacramareto that will take us through past any dragon."

"So I guess that's our first stop?" Trevor said.

"Yes, it's about a three day journey walking, since the train hasn't been established out there yet." Said Twilight grimly.

"Then I guess we better get going now, and not waste anymore time," I said getting up, "come on, lets go!"