• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 1,963 Views, 75 Comments

One Soul, Two Worlds - Sparkleman



A human ends up in Equestria as he dreams.

  • ...
3
 75
 1,963

Awesome Magika

"Ok, so did you get all of that Twilight?"

The purple pony had been taking notes for the last hour or so as I described where I had come from and exactly how I ended up in Equestria. She nodded her head showing me that she had written down everything I had said. I took a look around the room to see that the only Fluttershy had been able to stay awake during my Q and A with Twilight. I presumed that she wanted to know what we hadn't been able to go over together.

"I still don't understand though how your world doesn't have any magic in it," Twilight stated with a confused look on her face," I mean, it's second nature here."

"Well we have to remember that if my world is a parallel universe to this one, that each and every universe's evolution is different. We know this because I don't have colorful, five foot tall talking ponies on my world as you don't have and humans on yours."

"That made sense the first time we went over it, but that doesn't mean it is confusing none the less."

"Um... can I um... ask Dylan a question?"

Daaaawwww. Fluttershy's all shy and cute again. I had to hold my body back from instantly giving her a hug.

"Ah, sure Shy, what is it."

"Um, have you tried to use magic since you've gotten here. Maybe you can do it here?"

Twilight proceed to facehoof. "Ah, why didn't I think of that. Of course, we don't even know if you can use magic because you've never tried. Well, in our world of course. Maybe with all the magical energy in our world, you could use magic."

"Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying that I might of been able to absorb some of the magical properties of this world and use spells?'

"Essential, yes, that's what I mean."

"That is brilliant. If I have become keen to this world's magical energy that mine lacks, it could give me the ability to use magic. Let's go test this out."

I sorta yelled out that last part out of excitement and woke up Spike and Pinkie.

"What's all the commotion about Twilight?"

"Well Spike, we think that Dylan here might be able to se magic, but we're not sure."

"What, really! That would be super-duper amazing!' *Gasp* "I could throw a party if he could and it would be called CONGRATULATIONS ON USING MAGIC DYLAN! party. Oh, lets go try it out, like RIGHT NOW!"

The energetic Pinkie proceeded to almost fly out of Fluttershy's cottage.

"Um Fluttershy," I asked," is there a place nearby that we could test our theory?"

"Oh yes. There's a field behind my cottage that pretty big. We could go there."

Just then Pinkie popped here head back through the door and said," Ookie-Dookie I'll meet you there!"

As fast as she appeared she disappeared. Well, that's Pinkie for you, always random and over energetic. I proceeded to stand up and stretch along with Spike, Twilight, and Fluttershy. Once we were all stretched out and ready to go we filed out of Fluttershy's home. It took us about five minutes to get to the field. Pinkie was already there, thumping her rear right hoof in an impatient manner.

"Well it took you long enough slowpokes."

"We're sorry Pinkie, we're just not as fast as you are." Twilight responded.

"It's alright silly filly. I was just joking."

Ok, I don't care what people on my world say. Pinkie is way less random than I thought, yet harder to read. Maybe I just haven't been around her enough to notice.

"Dylan, you ready?"

"Huh, oh yea, we're here to see if I can do magic. Sorry Twilight, I got lost in thought. Right, so before I do anything that could injury or kill us, any pointers?"

"Um, create a picture of what you want to do in you're head clearly before conjuring it. Then focus that image into the area around you, say you hand or that rock over there. The rest should come natural to you after that if you are able use magic at all."

"Thanks for the advice. You should all stand back if anything goes wrong. Shy, did you bring a med kit in case somepony or body gets hurt?'

"Yes"

"Ok, thanks. Here I go."

I decided to try making a simple ball of fire in my hand. I think that was the pyro in me that made the decision. I pictured a little ball of fire in my mind. I lifted my hand up to about shoulder level three feet from my face. I proceeded to picture the flame in my hand. I suddenly felt my body warm up like I was laying under the sun on a warm summer day. I felt so nice that I almost broke my concentration. I hardened my mind and body once more and continued to weave the spell. I heard a large gasp behind me and proceed to open my eyes. I couldn't believe what I saw. In my hand was the ball of fire I had made in my mind, yet it was a blushish-purple flame. But who cares, I could cast magic!

"Ohmygod, Ohmygod, Ohmygod! I have a flame in my hand!"

"Well no duh silly, it's so pretty that it's hard not to see it."

"I've never seen a purple flame before," Said a wide eyed Twilight," did you picture it to be purple?"

"No, I was trying to make it just a simple orangy-red flame. What's really bothering me is that it's not burning me. Is that suppose to happen?"

"Well, yes and no. I should be hot enough so you wouldn't want to hold it but not enough to burn. Does it fell like that?"

"No, I feels as if I'm touching warm blanket or something. It feels quite nice actually."

"Cool. Can you launch it out of you hand?"

"Not sure Spike lets see."

I turned to face the boulder that Twilight pointed out earlier. I just thrusted my arm forward and let my mind off of holding the flame completely. The small ball of fire shot out of my hand and strait to the boulder faster than bullet. It made contact with the boulder and erupted into a blueish-purple pillar of swirling flame that cascaded about thirty feet into the air. All we could do was oh and ah. The pillar died down in about a second leaving a flame polished boulder in it's place, along with a circle of dead grass. The three ponies and dragon then turned to faced me with amazement in their eyes.

"Did you plan the whole pillar part?" Ask the amazed unicorn.

"No, not at all. I just let the flame go. After that everything was sorta, what did you say, natural instinct of something."

"That wasn't a simple spell you just casted natu..."

*BOOM!*

"What the hell was that?"

"Rainbow Dash."

"Wait, what do you mean Rainbo..."

Just then a very fast moving object collided into me stopping my sentence short and knocking the air out of me along with the ground from underneath my feet. I landed on my butt with a cyan, rainbow maned pony on top of me. She didn't seem to notice me before addressing the others.

"Yo, Twi. I saw that flame pillar thing. Totally awesome if I must say."

"Um, Rainbow Dash, that wasn't me."

"Then who was it?"

"Uh, down here," I croaked out.

"Oh sorry about..."

Rainbow Dash had turned to face me while saying that and caught my form midway in sentence. She yelped and then jumped/flew behind the others in fear.

"What is that thing?"

"This thing," I replied while dusting myself off," is a human. The first one in Equestria it seems like and the one who casted the totally awesome pillar of flame you just admired so much."

"You're not going to hurt me are you?"

"Oh no, Dylan isn't going to hurt you Rainbow Dash. He's actually very nice and gentlecoltish."

"If you say so Shy."

I blushed a little at what fluttershy said about me. No one had ever said that about me before, and for Fluttershy to say that about me it was hard not to. Something then hit me. A wave of sleepiness washed over me. Suddenly the world got dark and the last thing I heard was Fluttershy say, "Oh no, did something happen when he casted that spell. Oh-dear, oh-dear, oh-dear."

------------------------

When my eyes reopened I was back in my dorm room. I looked over at my clock and it read 6:30 AM.

"Was that just some crazy dream or had I really been to Equestria. It seemed way to real if it was a dream though."

I decided it was time for me to get ready and get that paper done. By the time I finished everything and looked up it was 8:45.

"Shit! Class starts in fifteen minutes."

I quickly printed out my report and rushed to class. I tried to keep my mind off the dream but it was weird, I couldn't forget anything about it like I usually did three hours after waking up. I went through the rest of my school day and work with the dream (?) in the back of my mind. Before I knew it, it was 10:00 PM. I decided to hit the hay for the night, last night's dream still in the back of my mind.

"I wonder *yawn* if I'll go back again tonight. Well whatever, I'm *yawn* pooped."

My eyes slowly closed yet the sleep came once more in wave. In seconds I was off to dream land again.

-------------------------

"Oh, he's coming around," said an all too familiar shy toned voice.

"Darling, you must give him some space."

My eyes slowly reopened to see six colorful ponies and purple baby dragon gathered around me in somebody's home.

"Am I were I think I am?"

"Well sugercube, if you mean Equestria than yes. If not, than I'm sorry partner," said an orange,blond maned pony.

"Now darling, he was here yesterday, so the question was probably rhetorical," Stated a white, purple maned pony.

"He did say though he came here when he fell asleep in his world. To him it could of seemed like a dream."

"Wait," I spoke up," So I was here yesterday. It wasn't a dream. I knew it, it was way to real to be one. Thanks for clearing that up Twilight. Now I don't think I've been introduced to your two other friends properly yet (though I knew who they were)."

I sat up in the bed I was laying in, turned to face the newcomers, and as kindly as I could said," Hello, I'm Dylan Sparks. It is a pleasure to meet you both."