• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 1,964 Views, 75 Comments

One Soul, Two Worlds - Sparkleman



A human ends up in Equestria as he dreams.

  • ...
3
 75
 1,964

Humans, Ponies, and Gods

"Tell us of what happened after we left you in the abyss between worlds," Luna said.

Judging by the way Twilight wasn't reacting, it seemed that Luna had explained what happened after I passed out. "Well," I began, "I decided to get my friends and went through my portal. I gathered them up, told them what was going on, and they accepted."

"Is that all?" Twilight asked a little deflated.

"No, some stuff happened when we went to sleep. We were back in the abyss and my gods presented themselves again. They re-explained the situation shed light on some other things. One of which are the creatures in the Everfree Forest and how they came to be there." That last bit got their attention.

"Please, shed light on this for even my sister and I do not know fully these facts," Luna said.

"The creatures in the forrest, such as the Hydra and Maticore, were once previously inhabitants of my world. They were slain a long time ago and their souls were carried through different dimensions until they reached this one. They ended up in the forest because it's the darkest place in Equestria."

Luna and Twilight took in every word I said. Spike looked a little confused at first but he slowly showed his understanding. After I finished he asked, "Well, what happened in the abyss?"

"Oh, right. Well after the gods presented themselves, they gave us some instructions to pass on. First is that the Elements of Harmony must come with us on our voyage."

"Well, we already knew that," Twilight said rolling her eyes.

"Yes, that was just a reminder I'm sure. Second is that you," I pointed to Twilight as I spoke, "are the leaders of the expedition." Twilight just shrugged, as if she guessed that part. "Third, is that each of my friends need to partner with your friends. They said we need to find which two match each other the best. Another thing is that Twilight and I are already paired up, probably because of the leadership thing."

"Will is be easy for your friends to partner with the elements?" Luna asked skeptically.

"I'm pretty sure I can match each up pretty well. Some have familiar traits with others. Back to the list though, fourth is that we will need weapons, not just for us, but the elements as well."

That got a pretty big gasp from the three. "Weapons? I've never handled a weapon before," said Twilight frantically, "I don't even think I can kill anything."

"Also, weapon crafting is not a common skill in Equestria Dylan," Luna said, "I don't believe a weapon has been crafted here since even before our banishment."

"Well lucky for you, the gods foresaw that as well. Which brings me to the fifth and final rule. Each of my friends, including myself, have been sponsored by a god. The goddesses have agreed to support each of the elements as well. After that I came through the portal to this world, since the I already knew what god was supporting me. The others stayed behind to sort that out."

Luna became wide eyed, while Twilight and Spike just had confused looks on their faces. "When you mean goddesses, do you mean the Princesses?" Asked Twilight.

Luna just shook her head for an answer. All this did was confuse Twilight even more.

"Twilight, do you even know what we're going to be facing?" I asked.

"None at all."

I facepalmed and looked at Luna. She just had that "I'm sorry, I forgot" look on her face. "Well then," I began, "I have some explaining to do.

After going over everything with Twilight and Spike, we had finally reached the edge of the Everfree Forest. At this point Twilight sent Spike off to gather the other mane six and bring them back to meet everyone. We decided to meet at Fluttershy's cottage. After he left I looked at Twilight.

"Twilight, you do know we can't bring him with us correct?"

She sighed as she said, "Yes, I know. It's to dangerous for a baby dragon to fight a creature such as this."

"Good. Do you know of anypony that could take care of him while we're away?"

"My sister and I will take him in," Luna said smiling, "if that is ok with you Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight immediately brightened up. "Yes, that would be perfect. He hasn't been to Canterlot for a while."

"Ok, lets go get my friends."

The three of us trekked into the woods onward to Zecora's hut. Zeus had told us that they would wake up near the place where Pinkie found me, about three-fourths the distance to Zecora's hut. As we began to get closer to the site, we slightly hear people talking. Soon the words were audible enough to make out what was being said.

"Dude, that's awesome!"

"I know right!"

I could tell that is was Will and Trevor talking. We walked into the clearing to see that they were the only two to wake up so far. They turn to see who it is and immediately smiles appear on their faces. Then I notice what they were talking about.

"Trevor, are those wings?" I asked stunned. I believe the other two ponies next to me had the same reaction.

"Yup," he said smiling, "Zeus decided to patron me. He told me I was going to get a surprise when I got here, but never expected this."

"How can a human have wings?" Asked Luna, "not even the one who came before had any."

"No clue," replied Trevor, "Zeus just mention when I need to fly I could." As soon as he said that they disappeared. We weren't to startled, maybe because we knew magic had some part in it.

"Well what about you Will? Who decided to back you up?" I asked.

"Oh that was easy," he said, "Hephaestus took me in. Apparently I have skills at weapon crafting that I don't know about."

"Ok," I said. It didn't surprise me much, his dad did craft the swords for local renaissance fairs. I finally noticed the others. "How come they're not awake yet?"

"Oh, we came through the portal before them," said Will, "I was first followed by Trevor here. I think the others are just being briefed on what's going on again."

As if on cue, Andy and Alex wake up. They both just took in the scene before them, with two ponies and all. Once it struck that the show their friends adore was in fact a real land, all they could do was shake their heads in disbelief. Not surprising since they weren't bronies like Will, Trevor, Luke and I.

"Morning sleepy heads, and welcome to Equestria," Will said smiling.

"We're really here, aren't we?" And asked.

"Well of course," Twilight said stepping forward.

The guys took a gasp when Twilight appeared, and another when Luna stepped forth. As they gaped in disbelief as the truth finally settled in that they were on the same boat as me now, Luke woke up.

"Ah, what a weird dream. I have to remind myself that..." He cut off short as he looked at his surrounding, then the ponies that stood before him. He proceeded to panic.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god. Where am I? Where am I?"

"Luke, dude, calm down," I said reassuringly, "you're in Equestria remember. I told you about this yesterday. Don't you remember the void?"

That seemed to calm him down a little bit. It wasn't until he saw Luna and Twilight again that he truly calmed down. After he calmed down I decided it was time to go.

"Come on guys," I said, "we have to get out of the forest. Everypony's waiting at Fluttershy's cottage for us."

The guys got to their feet and we began our walk back out of the forrest. Luke seemed a little down that we didn't go see Zecora, since she was his favorite pony. As we were walking a strange silence came over us. I decided to break this.

"So, late wakers," I said clearly addressing Luke, Andy, and Alex, "who ended up backing all of you guy's up?"

"Oh yea," said Alex, "I have Ares."

"I have Dionaysus," said Luke.

Andy wouldn't answer, though I already who backed him up. "You have Hades, don't you Andy." His simple nod gave the answer. "Why are you ashamed of that dude?" I asked. "Hades is the god of gems, the earth, and the underworld. You are now the soul person who can help us when we're in mortal danger, probably the most important on the team."

The others began to help me cheer him up. After a little bit he realized his role and was his normal smiling self again. Will and Trevor told theirs, then all eyes turned to me, including the ponies.

"Well, who is supporting you?" asked Will.

"Yea, who?" Pipped in Andy.

I just simply stared at them in disbelief. Could they really not figure out who the last of the main six gods were."

"You guys really don't know?" They just shook their heads. I facepalmed, not believing my friends idiocy. "Guys, Poseidon is backing me."

Everyone's mouthes made a O shape, except for Andy.

"That makes sense," he said, "you were always on the water back at home growing up, and you're a great fisherman. It really doesn't surprise me that the god of the sea supports you."

Now only Trevor and Will looked shocked. I realized that there was no major water sources near our school to show them the only other set of skills that I had. As the shock finally wore off their faces, we were exiting the forest. As we did, I facepalmed again.

"What was that for?" Asked Twilight.

"Teleporting."

After I said the words both Twilight and Luna facehoofed. The guys just watched perplexed until they realized what I meant. Then they became dumbfounded. I turned to them.

"You guys ready for a treat?" I asked rhetorically.

After a quick *pop* and a bubble of purple and blue disappearing, we were outside of Fluttershy's cottage. My friends fell to the ground holding their stomachs and vomit back.

"You'll get us to it," I said shrugging.

"I don't think I'll ever get use to that," Alex replied.

"Me neither," Will added in.

"Whatever," I said, "at least we got here in one piece. Welcome to Fluttershy's home."

The guys just stood there maps ajar at what stood before them. I laughed a little remembering my first time here. Twilight, Luna and I got their attention again, right when we heard yelling in the distance.

"Twilight, Luna, Dylan," shouted Spike, "hey, I got everypony!"

Sure enough, the others, excluding Twilight and Fluttershy, were behind him. In less than a minute they were upon us, welcoming each of my friends to their world. I hardly noticed Fluttershy sneak out of her house to say hello to my friends. As the others we getting acquainted with each other Spike pulled me over.

"Hey, Dylan," he said, "Princess Celestia will be here in about an hour or so."

"You sent her a letter?"

"Yea, wanted to get updated on what was going on. She said to take everypony to the meadow."

"Ok yea." I turned to the others and cleared my voice for attention. "Ok, Princess Celestia will be here in about an hour, but there are some things that need to be done before that. She wants us to meet her in the meadow nearby, so lets head over there."

We all walked over to the meadow where I first casted magic. As we walked everyone/pony talked and got to know each other better. I lead ahead gathering my thoughts on what was about to happen. I was about to put my friends and ponies that I just met into grave danger. I know my friends can handle it, but the mane six. I hope they don't mind killing. Better keep Fluttershy away just in case though. these kinds of thoughts continued for a awhile until Luna snapped me back to reality. We were at the meadow, and everybody had gathered around me waiting for an explanation. I took a deep sigh prepping myself for the lecture.

"Ok, this is the deal. A titan from old time, Prometheus, went renegade after one of our ancient heroes Heraklus rescued him form an eternal torment." I went on of why he was put into the punishment for the ponies and to refresh my friends. "Well, after Heraklus freed him, he gathered an army of humans to fight the gods. He was quickly defeated and banished from our dimension. He jumped from world to world until he landed here." I explained the first battle with six heroes and the Princesses and how they defeated him.

"If they defeated him, how has he returned?" Asked Alex. Several nods of agreement could be seen.

"It is unknown to us," answered Luna, "all that we know is that he is back and we need help."

"Ah reckon that's a good a reason as any," said Applejack.

There is more though, that concerns you all," I said pointing to the ponies. Everypony but Twilight looked puzzled at what I was going to say. "You all are going to supported by a major Greek Goddess, just like us."

A collective gasp came from both human, pony and dragon alike. I was rather surprised myself at their reaction.

"Well, in order for them to support you, you have to meet them. Come close, I'll take you to them."

The ponies gathered around me. What I hadn't told them was that I had to put them to sleep. As soon as they touched me the passed out.

"Now, we wait until they return."

As we waited Trevor showed off his wings. I told the guys about how they need to pair up with a pony. I also told them that I was already paired up with Twilight, so she was out. We got it down to acceptable pairs.

Twilight-Myself

Applejack-Alex

Pinkie Pie-Will

Rainbow Dash-Trevor

Fluttershy-Luke

Rarity-Andy

It seemed right, with what we were majoring in or the god behind us. We would ask the girls when they came back if it was ok, along with a brief of the gods behind us. I quickly went over the goddesses with the guys so they would know. We waited a little more, then Twilight and Rarity started to stir. As they opened their eyes and remembered where they were, they regained themselves. Shortly after they woke, the others did the same. Then the question began.

"Who is supporting you all?" I asked.

"The beautiful Aphrodite," said Rarity. How come that didn't surprise me one bit.

"I have Hera," said Applejack. Goddess of marriage, truth, and family. A perfect fit.

"Artemis backs me," Rainbow Dash said proudly. Goddess of the hunt and protector of young maidens. I can see how that works.

"Um, I, uh, have Persephone," said Fluttershy. The goddess of Spring, fits her nicely.

"I have Demeter! She said we're going to bake a lot of stuff together!" Said Pinkie was to excitedly. Goddess of harvest and grains, I can see that.

It hit me after Pinkie just who Twilight had. I facepalmed before she even spoke. I let her speak just to confirm my thoughts.

"I have the intelligent Athena," Twilight said beaming. Goddess of wisdom and battle strategies.

I groaned. That just made things a lot harder. They guys know what I was think and facepalmed as well.

"What's wrong Dylan?" Asked Twilight.

"You know how we're partners?" I asked.

"Yea, so why the groan?"

"Well, your goddess, Athena, and mine, Poseidon, have a little feud between them. Seeing as we're the leaders..." I didn't even have to finish me statement because she understood what I was getting at.

The group became silent for a little bit until we heard trumpets in the distance. Andy looked at his wrist, and I noticed that he had his watch on.

'Wow," he said, "I guess our hour is up."

A few moments later Celestia flew down into the meadow and welcomed my friends. Luna instantly went to her sister's side while the rest of us form a circle around her. I quickly gave a run down of what's happened, and she seemed ok with the god/goddess pairings. Now it was the fun part.

"There is something I haven't said yet, except to Twilight and Luna, about our trip." I directed this toward the ponies. All eyes were now focused on me now as I explained to them the pairing up. The ponies seemed fine with it, except for Dash.

"How can I be paired up with someone who can't even fly?" She asked.

"Simple," replied Trevor, "I just have to do this." With that he made his wings appear, giving the ponies a reason to gasp. Dash looked slightly impressed by this.

"Can you fly though?"

"You bet I can!"

With that the two were off in a race through the clouds. We could barely see them. After a while we decided to get back to the topic of the pairs. We decided to get to know our pairs a little better like how Dash and Trevor were doing. Rarity seemed disgusted that Andy was backed by the god of death, but went eye-wide when he mentioned the gems part. Luke and Fluttershy hit it off almost instantly. I wouldn't doubt it since he was majoring in environmental science, with a minor in veterinarian medicine. Applejack and Alex were having an arm/hoof wrestling contest to prove strength. Pinkie Pie and Will were sharing all sorts of recipes and crafting ideas. It seemed the Pinkie might become a back-up smith in case Will got hurt. Twilight and I didn't really need to be aquatinted anymore, for obvious reasons.

Pretty soon Dash and Trevor had returned. Will remembered that I could do magic, so I had to show the guys. Celestia and Luna were pretty impressed with the level of spells I could do. My friends wanted to try and were getting up until a blinding light appeared. When we regain our vision Zeus was before us.

"Hello human and ponies alike," spoke Zeus with power but a gentle touch, "I have come to see you off. I do not have much time in this world, but I some final words." All attention was now focused on Zeus. "The next time that the humans fall asleep, you will not be transported back to earth. We have stopped time in your world. Until Prometheus is defeated, you will stay in Equestria. When you sleep, when all of you sleep, you will be taken to the abyss to train until we see fit that your powers and teamwork are adequate. Now, we will see you tonight, we wish you luck for now. Good bye."

With that another light flashed and the god was gone. Celestia and Luna looked a little shocked to see that another god could pop out of nowhere like that. The rest of us just kinds shrugged it off.

"Celestia," I said, snapping the princess out of her shock, "what do you want us to do?"

"We must take you all back to Canterlot, there you can be equipped with weapons and armor. After all, I wouldn't wan to send you out fight otherwise."

"Sounds good," I said standing up. I stretched a little before continuing, "Well, lets go. Prometheus won't be waiting forever."

------------------------------

So, it's done. Editor finished it pretty quickly and got it back to me. We both decided to just move what would of been the end of this chapter to the next, since we think it would fit better. Hope you all like it. I do know that it slipped a little back to the earlier chapters, but it was another introduction chapter. From now on, no more pure introduction chapters.

Also, next chapter will be my first time writing a combat scenario. Please don't be mad if it doesn't turn out amazing, though I will try to make it that way. I also decided to add adventure to the theme since that's what it's becoming, maybe even gore if I want to go that far. Tell me what you want though, violence with little or a lot of gore and blood. Until next time, peace out.