• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 2,283 Views, 80 Comments

Undisclosed Desire - Dark Enigma



"The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant you three wishes and only three wishes! Choose wisely. I don't have all day for mere mortals like yourself! Trixie has universes to conquer!"

  • ...
20
 80
 2,283

PreviousChapters Next
The Dream (Part 11b: The Voice in Her Head)

Trixie looks down at the gold bands set around her hooves.

She never had a friend, and the only pony she was ever close to abandoned her for the pursuit of power. It makes her wonder how differently things would have turned out if she never went to Canterlot to stop her sister, or if she never saved her--or attempted to save her--from the black goop consuming Tricky.

"Yeah..." Pinkie says in a long, distant tone.

"What?" Trixie responds.

"Nothing. So!" Pinkie springs back. "How would like to meet a real life time traveler?"

Ignoring the randomness of the question, Trixie mindlessly says, "Sure." After such a spirit-draining conversation, Pinkie's upbeat attitude is a nice refresher, and that's something Trixie doesn't want to see falter. But it was a really random question, so Trixie recollects her thoughts and asks, "why?"

To which, Pinkie's reply is, "Because the voice in my head told me you'd be very interested in talking with a time traveler."

"Voice in your head?" Trixie whispers to herself. Her eyes widen at a realization, though she quickly closes them and rubs them with her hoof after the wind dries them surprisingly fast. "You've been talking with Ure all this time?" Trixie asks with one eye open.

Pinkie begins to walk towards the city and says, "Uh-huh," nodding while she said it. "He also said that Shadowforth has a thing for me which I find funny."

"Why is that?" Trixie asks as she catches up to Pinkie Pie.

"Cuz, that 'thing' is chocolate cake for my birthday tomorrow. He was going to throw me a surprise party and was hoping that it'll make me happy enough to make my mane curl. Nopony has ever been able to do that since Rainbow's last party, so when he saw that you did it without even trying--first off, he hates you--second, he ran many scenarios in is mind to make me even happier than you did. But that reminded him of a time when he tried to throw a party for this other mare when he was younger and--"

Pinkie goes on and on, and Trixie listens. They continue walking towards the city which takes a while to get to since the park doesn't end for another quarter mile.

But once Trixie's hooves meet pavement, the whole atmosphere changes. The skyscrapers are much, much bigger up close, and there are less ponies in the city than the park. Moreover, these ponies walk around with their heads held low and with no particular destination in mind.

Trixie expected the streets to be bustling with activity--with ponies with things to do and places to be--but the council were much livelier than this.

A few ponies perk up slightly when they her Pinkie's energetic voice, but they remain on their aimless walk. Pinkie turns a corner and Trixie mindlessly follows. They go deeper into the city which does not change much from the outskirts. Ponies are still scarce and sad, the skyscrapers are overbearing as they watch the tiny ponies below make their way to nowhere.

After a decent walk, Pinkie does one final turn and stops in front of a large dome structure. It's walls are a light gray and hold a square opening every few feet midway between the ground and glass dome lying on top of them. Flashes of light beam through the glass and the openings of the structure, and the sound of crackling electricity resonates from within.

There is no visible door, but Pinkie walks to the nearest wall as if there is one. Right as she is about to hit the wall with her muzzle, a rectangular seam appears as a panel slides inwards then left to reveal a doorway.

Light continue to flash as follows Pinkie Pie inside to meet this "time traveler" Pinkie mentioned. she steps into the dark interior, and the panel closes behind her.

PreviousChapters Next