• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 2,283 Views, 80 Comments

Undisclosed Desire - Dark Enigma



"The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant you three wishes and only three wishes! Choose wisely. I don't have all day for mere mortals like yourself! Trixie has universes to conquer!"

  • ...
20
 80
 2,283

PreviousChapters Next
Great and Powerful

Zack enters the courtyard to his apartment complex. It's a pitiful, little yard, mostly sand than grass. In the middle of the yard is a dried up pool, cracking against the wear of time. Around the yard, in a U-shape, are the apartments, two floors worth. Almost no one lives here anymore. The town isn't the greatest around, and by that I mean, there are constant drive-by's, every other house lives a drug dealer, and the neighbors aren't too nice.

Zack's apartment is on the second floor, third door from the end, number 32. He climbs the crumbling stone stairs to the second floor. Near the top sits a blond girl roughly his age crying into her hands. He stops behind her and without looking at her asks, "Are you okay?"

The girl jolts up from the sudden interaction. With no warning what-so-ever, she elbows him behind the knee causing it to bend in. Zack couldn't support his weight, so he falls backwards down the stairs. Step after painful step, he rolls back down stairs, landing on the ground in a plume of dust.

"Screw you!" The girl yells at him and stomps away.

Zack coughs out some sand that flew in is mouth. He groans, tries to pick himself back up, but fails. The pain is too much. His wrist is swollen, his back feels misaligned, and his ribs want to jump out of his chest and run away.

What the girl did was uncalled for. All he wanted to do was help.

Zack tries to get up again, using his good hand to support himself. Failing to stand up, he sits up instead. First that guy hits him in the face with an urn, then this girl knocks him down the stairs. Zack sighs, wrapping his arms around his knees to wait out the pulsating agony in his body. Just as the aching in his bones dulls, his mind goes to the urn. He looks around for it, knowing he couldn't hang on to it as he fell and it must have landed near by.

He spots it nuzzled on a small hill of sand. It looks unharmed though quite dusty. What's this thing made of? From what it's been through, it seems like it can take a bullet without getting a scratch. Zack crawls to it, picking it up. What did that guy mean when he said, "She's your problem now?"

Zack turns the urn over, inspecting every piece of it. There's no logo on it, no "Made in Chine" or something similar. It's just a plain blue urn. Zack tries to take off the cork, but it refuses to budge. He bites down on it and pulls on it to get it open, but no dice. It won't move. He spits out some more dust and sand. The urn took a nasty fall too so of course it's dirty. Zack grabs his sleeve and rubs away the dirt from the urn.

The urn shakes violently as if Zack poured salt over it's wound. The cork shoots off, hitting Zack on his already injured forehead. Smoke and lights erupt from the open mouth of the urn as a blue fog encircles Zack in a warm embrace.

A girls voice moans from within the fog. It contracts to form the body of a pony. The pony is blue, sporting a long flowing mane of blue with lighter blue streaks. (It seems blue is a constant theme here.) On her flank is a blue wand, the same one on the urn. Around her legs are gold bands, one on each of her forelegs and two on her hind legs. She is wearing a gold headband with a sapphire over the forehead area and a horn tipped off with a gold cap. So technically, she's not a pony, but a unicorn.

She stretches like a cat and yawns. "Here Trixie goes again." The unicorn clears her throat. "The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant you three wishes and only three wishes! Choose wisely. I don't have all day for mere mortals like yourself! Trixie has universes to conquer!"

PreviousChapters Next