• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 2,283 Views, 80 Comments

Undisclosed Desire - Dark Enigma



"The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant you three wishes and only three wishes! Choose wisely. I don't have all day for mere mortals like yourself! Trixie has universes to conquer!"

  • ...
20
 80
 2,283

PreviousChapters Next
Ultimatum

Zack's sixth period is a free period. Since all he wants is to get in and out of high school, he has been taking every class he can in order to graduate early. If he stays on track, he'll be able to graduate halfway through his senior year.

For his free period, he can do whatever he wants including heading home if he chooses which he usually does. No point in staying where he isn't wanted, even if Trixie is with him. People will want to see Trixie than him anyway. He heads to the entrance of the school with Trixie following close behind, enjoying her crackers. She has long abandoned the red spatula that comes with the snack and is using her finger instead.

That snack, it's so simple, but it brings Trixie so much joy. The moment Zack gave it to her is the only time he made her smile; even more so than her audience did. Call it a weakness or not, but the happiness Trixie has shown pierces through her reclusive personality. She's actually a decent being when she isn't threatening Zack's life.

Trixie isn't a bitter person--uh, pony. It makes Zack wonder why she acts the way she does. She said she has to grant one million wishes. Something like that sounds like a punishment, but what could she have possibly done to deserve this fate? Not to mention the being who gave her the punishment. The more Zack thinks about it, the more it seems like the world is getting bigger and bigger.

With all this magic, it's apparent to Zack that there's a lot to this world, this universe, he doesn't know or even hope of knowing. It makes him feel small--well, smaller than how the typical bullies and everyday life make him feel.

On the way out to school, Zack gets a few weird looks from people who haven't seen Trixie yet, but it'll only be a matter of time before her reputation spreads to everyone here. He can only imagine what the principal will say to him when he finds out he brought an all powerful genie to school. (Well, she followed him, but that's besides the point.) Students get in trouble for bringing toy guns. Trixie's more than a gun; she's a full blown war machine ready for battle.

He turns down the street and heads towards his apartment complex. It isn't too far, but it'll still take him about 15 minutes to walk there. Ten minutes into his walk home, he notices Trixie's still eating her snack and questions her about it.

"Trixie blames you. She can't stop eating them, so she's constantly having to make more. You enchanted them somehow. Never in Trixie's lifetime has she tasted something so tantalizing. And Trixie is over 3,000 years old."

"You really never had something better than those crackers?"

"What can Trixie say? Human's have a poor taste in food, no matter from what era they're from. Humans eat whatever they can fit in their mouth; it sickens Trixie. Besides these crackers, the only food I enjoy is the fine delicacies back in Equ-... a place somewhere."

"Your home?" Zack asks.

Trixie stops walking as if she is a robot and someone pulled out her batteries. She drops the crackers and steps on them. "Trixie grows tired of this. Hurry up and make the rest of your wishes so Trixie can be on her way."

It seems, to Zack, Trixie misses her home and, perhaps because of her punishment, she can't go back. "I can wish for you to go home? Would you like that?"

Trixie's face scrunches up as if she bit into a sour grape. "Can't you think for yourself?! Out of all my masters, you are the most idiotic, and I've had a monkey as a master before! But at least he knew what he wanted. You're like a lost child, trying to please everyone so no one can hurt you. You think getting on my good side will help you? I've made plenty of friends and, guess what, they're all dead! Stop trying to make me happy. My happiness was taken from me a long time ago and, no matter what, I can never get it back! I am stuck, doomed to this kind of life!"

Zack shrinks back from Trixie, unsure of what to do. He must of brought up a particular unpleasant memory. The part about her friends: did they die of natural causes or was Trixie involved? She did mention she can hurt a friend and, maybe, that's why she is being punished. "What do you mean you're stuck?" Zack dares to ask.

Trixie furls her hand into a fist and punches Zack on the chest, toppling him over on the ground. "You're so irritating, Trixie can't stand it! That's it: Trixie will give you an ultimatum. Make your wishes by the end of this week, and I will not kill you."

Zack struggles to his feet, coughing as he tries to refill his lungs with air to replace the air that was knocked out of him. "You're giving me seven days to make my wishes?" Zack croaks, his voice cracking inside his throat.

"You misunderstand Trixie, but, seeing that stupidity runs in your race, Trixie will explain herself. You have until the end of this week, so you only have two days."

"What?! But, what about you're penalty?"

"Trixie doesn't care. Just consider yourself lucky the Great and Powerful Trixie is being merciful by including Sunday." Trixie glows and, in a puff of blue smoke, disappears into her urn.

PreviousChapters Next