• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 2,283 Views, 80 Comments

Undisclosed Desire - Dark Enigma



"The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant you three wishes and only three wishes! Choose wisely. I don't have all day for mere mortals like yourself! Trixie has universes to conquer!"

  • ...
20
 80
 2,283

PreviousChapters Next
A Death on This Saturday Morning

A cold sweat drips down Zack's neck as he lies on his bed while he stares at the ceiling. Trixie's urn stands on his dresser filling the air with a menacing aura Zack can pratically taste. He needs to come up with two wishes by Sunday so Trixie won't kill him. Easier said then done since Trixie can turn an innocent wish back on him, or so she says. All Zack really needs to do is wish for something small, something stupid and insignificant, then Trixie won't be able to turn it on him and she'll be someone else's problem. And Zack can get back to his pitiful life and Trixie can get back to her miserable one.

Some life... if Zack never rubbed the urn, he wouldn't be in this predicament. It's as if some higher being is purposely toying with him for its own amusement. Perhaps the being who imprisoned Trixie in the first place is to blame even if it's indirectly.

But it's not just Trixie making his life miserable. Zack has been miserable all his life. Of course his dad helped ease it, but life has always pushed him down then start kicking. Trixie is just another rock thrown at him from the countless rocks thrown at him.

Night drags on and his alarm clock on the window sill beams 5:32 am at Zack's face. Beyond the window, Colton is slowly waking up. Cars in the distance rev to life as early workers begin their day. And the whistle of a factory bellows its hallowed tone signaling the start of production. Zack has been awake all night worrying about the future, fearing it even.

Would anyone even care if Zack died? No one at school paid him any attention. In fact, even his own mother went on for days without acknowledging his existence. The more he thought about it, the more he is sure of the fact that no one will miss him.

This revelation is a sort of relief to Zack. Finding comfort in death is a huge problem and Zack knows, but it provides a means of escape from fear. If he doesn't fear death, then he can really wish for whatever he wants regardless of what consequences his wish may bring.

Really death is inevitable. What's wrong with bringing it sooner rather than later? At least he'll be in control of how he dies.

Zack shakes his head and sighs. All these morbid thoughts are making his stomach feel like it's full of molten lead. Yet another way for Trixie to torment him. Turning his own thoughts against him... pure genius. Not to mention the lack of sleep will make it easier for her to take full advantage of Zack.

Maybe that's the problem. Zack has been treating Trixie as a friend when, in reality and despite his first wish, she isn't.

His eyes widen and nearly jumps up off his bed at a realization that hits him like a snowball in the middle of a hot, summer afternoon. He's done trying to be a friend, not only to Trixie but to everyone. It's time he hits back starting with Trixie, and he knows exactly how to do it. But he'll need his rest, so he won't be slowed down by his weariness.

In about 24 hours, taking into account the fact he'll sleep most of the day today, Zack will use his first wish as leverage against Trixie. If all goes according to plan, in one fell swoop, Zack will attack Trixie where she hurts the most, gain access to her past, and still walk out of this alive.

Worst case scenario, he will soon see his father again which isn't too bad since Zack has accepted his fate.

To live without fear... many have lived and died running from what they fear the most, but to truly live is to cast those fears away and grasp life by the throat and saying, "I control you!" To think it took an emotionally distraught genie to teach him that. For the first time in his life, Zack is no longer afraid. He is reborn; old Zack is gone.

PreviousChapters Next