• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 2,283 Views, 80 Comments

Undisclosed Desire - Dark Enigma



"The Great and Powerful Trixie will grant you three wishes and only three wishes! Choose wisely. I don't have all day for mere mortals like yourself! Trixie has universes to conquer!"

  • ...
20
 80
 2,283

PreviousChapters Next
The Dream (Part 1: Moon)

Clouds rush past Zack; their cool touch trail along the edge of his wings. Laid out below him is a lush, green valley dotted with various trees and patches of flowers but is mostly an expanse of grass, tall and crisp. His silhouette speeds across the valley floor like an arrow. Zack sees his tail swaying in the wind, providing the necessary support for flight, and the span of his wings doubling the area of his entire body, a necessity for flight to be possible.

With hawk-like vision, he catches a glimpse of a glorious, stone castle caught in the light of the golden sun when he shoots through another cloud, dispelling it with his incredible bulk. The castle comes into view again, and with a voracious roar only a dragon can produce, he announces his forthcoming. Flames lick the the edge of his lips as a nervous energy courses through his veins.

He doesn't know why he is nervous. All he knows is he feels like he is coming home after being away for a long time, and he misses someone. But he doesn't know who though.

Perched on the edge of a cliff, the castle stands alone with no one within the castle grounds in sight. But Zack knows she, whoever she is, is there. He lands in the square closest to the main tower of the castle. As he tucks in his wings, he roars once more to let her know he is here. With a grunt, he suppresses the dragon force keeping him in that state. His scales pull back into his skin, and his tail shrinks until it's nonexistent. Slowly Zack regains his human form, but his eyes still resemble that of a viper's.

The only draconian feature that doesn't fully disappear, besides the slits of his eyes, are his wings which cover him to form a leathery cloak black as oil. Zack stretches his body to get a feel for it again. He looks at the sky while stretching his arms and sees the blue expanse dotted with small lights barely visible but are coming through as the sun sets over the horizon. Purple streaks mix in with the darkening blue along with splashes of yellow and red. What better canvass to paint on than the limitless sky?

He notices she isn't coming out to greet him, whoever she is. Why is his memory so hazy? Then it hits him. The sky... It isn't night yet. She isn't awake.

He grins, taking a step forward. On his way to the main part of the castle, Zack takes his time to admire the dying day and coming night. All the colors remind him of a particular day when Trixie painted that scene with her magic. Wait...

Zack stops right where he is. He knows now where he is and why he can't remember much.

"I'm... dreaming... But who am I suppose to meet?"

Looking towards the tower before him, Zack feels an ancient power emanating from it. And without feeling his feet moving, he phases into the castle walls, taking in sporadic images of stone stairs spiraling upward into a dark room, each image fuzzy and blurry as if they don't exist but, yet, they do.

The void around him twinkles as tiny specks of light dance around him in a slow but peaceful pace. It takes him a while to figure out that what he is looking at are stars swirling around this seemingly empty room. In the center, a spherical object sparks to life in a burst of pale light.

It drenches Zack in an unearthly glow which disappears as it reaches for the expanding void around him. All of the sudden, Zack has a strong urge to bow before the glowing ball as if its very existence is divine right plotting its course. He tries to fight it but, ultimately, he sees no harm in doing so, so he bows.

"You may rise valiant knight," a voice, powerful and majestic, calls out to Zack.

"We're you the one who called me here," Zack responds as he stands up.

From the center of the ball walks in an alicorn mare. Her auroras blue mane flows on an imaginary wind, giving her a dreamlike quality while each step she takes clacks on the floor with a commanding force. Her very structure gives of an air of royalty while keeping an ominous but tranquil feel about her.

"My name is Princess Luna, and I am the one who called you."

PreviousChapters Next