• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,614 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,614

PreviousChapters Next
Nova and Twilight, Super Sleuth

Nova and Twilight, Super Sleuth

Big Mac was about to lift a large multilayered cake Pinkie just baked when Nova offered instead and managed to lift it with his magic. “I got this.”

“Are you sure?” Pinkie asked. “It’s very delicate.”

“I promise I’ll get the cake to the train unharmed.” Nova said. “And as an extra precaution.” He then shrank the cake down to a size where it could fit in a hoof.

“Good thinking Nova.” Twilight commented.

Nova started following Pinkie to the train with Twilight close behind. “Careful…easy now.” Pinkie continued with worry.

“Pinkie, relax, I promise you nothing is going to happen.” Nova stated. As expected, they managed to get the cake onto the train. Nova set it on a table and enlarged it back to its original size, they were joined by their other friends as well.

“Thank you all for accompanying me to the Canterlot bake off. I really appreciate it.” Pinkie said.

“Of course darling, we’re happy to help.” Rarity replied with a smile.

“Besides, I can’t wait ta try out all them tasty treats.” Applejack added before looking to the cake and slowly reached a hoof out.

Pinkie quickly slapped her hoof away. “The tastiest treat is sure to be the Marzapan Mascarone Marang madness.” She went into a sort of long winded description of the cake making nearly everyone’s mouths water. Particularly Rainbow, Rarity, and Applejack. “It’s the most delectable delicious cake in all of Equestria and is sure to win first prize.”

“Zis is not so!” A new voice with a french accent announced. Looking to the source, it was a grey griffon with white feathers with a black mustache and wearing a chef’s hat. He was standing on his hind legs with his right wing hiding something he was holding in his right claw. “For I..Goustauve Le Grande will take first prize and win against your pathetic pastry with my…” he removed his wing and held up what he was holding which was a pile of eclairs covered in chocolate and filled with cream. “Exceptionally exquisit ECLARES!” He held up a lamp to make them shine a moment before tossing it aside and set his eclairs on a table. “Zey will ensure my victory, winning me first prize and granting me ze title of best chef in all of Equestria.”

“Not a chance Le grand.” A new male voice spoke up. The girls and Nova looked to see Doughnut Joe.

“Doughnut Joe!” Twilight announced. “What are you doing here in Ponyville?”

Said stallion had a cart attached to him and pulled it onto the train. “Picking up the final ingredient for my contest entry….DOUGHNUTOPIA!” He announced pointing to a scale model of a city made out of doughnuts of various flavors. “My super sprinkles are gonna make my doughnuts number one at the contest, steal first prize, and make my doughnut shop famous…FOREVER! HA HA HA HA HA!” He laughed sounding like a villain.

“Oh Joe, your dippy doughnuts could never outrun me.” A female voice spoke as what looked like a big chocolate moose appear and entered the train.

Pinkie approached said chocolate moose. “Hello, what’s your name?”

A female donkey came out from behind the moose wearing a blue pearl necklace. “I am Muleia Mile. Mmm. Behold, my chocolate mouse moose!” She declared proudly. “It will trample all your treats, win me first prize and make me the greatest chef in all of Equestria.”

Goustave cut in. “Madame Miles, you and your moose are mistaken.

Doughnut Joe then cut in. “Your frou frou eclairs will never defeat my doughnuts.

Then Pinkie had to get a word in. “The Cakes Marscapone Marzipan Meringue Madness is going to win.”

Then Mulia spoke up. “Your silly cake could never take on my moose.”

The train’s whistle cut the argument short signaling it was taking off and began to move.

“Finally.” Nova sighed, fearing the argument would get worse.

“Well it seems we’re all in for a delicious competition tomorrow. Let’s all settle in for a good night’s sleep.” Twilight suggested.

Joe, Mulia, and Gustave begrudgingly made their ways to their sleeping cars.

Rainbow hovered in next to Pinkie. “I gotta admit, I am pretty beat.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna hit the hay maself.” Applejack chimed in.

The ponies started heading for their own beds when Pinkie blocked the door the sleeper cars. “WAIT! Didn’t you hear those other chefs? We have to protect mmmmm.” Pinkie said pointing to the cake.

“Mmmm?” Rarity questioned.

“Mmhmm.” Pinkie replied. “I’m super sure mmm is the best desert in all of Equestria. And I know that they know it too.”

“So…” Rainbow asked with a raised brow.

“So one of them is going to sabotage the Cakes’s cake tonight!” Pinkie stated. “You have to help me stand guard.

Twilight merely smiled. “Pinkie, you’re over reacting.”

Applejack came closer to Pinkie. “Yeah, those chefs aren’t going to do your cake any harm.”

Pinkie squeezed Applejack’s cheeks. “But they are! I just know it.”

Nova stepped forward. “Tell you what Pinkie, if it’ll make you feel better, I’LL stay up and watch over the cake with you.”

“You will!?” Pinkie asked zipping to Nova.

“Nova, are you sure?” Twilight asked.

“Of course. I don’t think any of the chefs are going to do anything either, but if it’ll help give Pinkie some ease of mind, I don’t mind missing out on some sleep.” Nova replied.

“Oh thank you thank you thank you!” Pinkie said hugging Nova tightly.

“No…problem.” Nova strained before Pinkie then released him.

“Well, if you’re sure.” Twilight said. “Take care okay?” She and the others then went to their beds.

“Pinkie, I’ll take first watch, you try and get some rest okay?”

“Thank you Nova, I really appreciate this.” Pinkie replied as they took their spots in front of the cake.

The sun went down soon and the night watch began. At first all was quiet as Nova stood guard over the cake while Pinkie slept on the floor next to him. For the longest time nothing happened. Nova gave a yawn as he was starting to get sleepy. It was soon time for them to change shifts. “Pinkie, wake up, it’s your turn.” He nudged the sleeping mare.

Pinkie slowly opened her eyes and got up with a yawn. “Anything happen?”

“All’s quiet. The cake is still safe and sound.” Nova said.

“Oh good.” Pinkie sighed. Just then, a figure zipped past behind them. “What the!?” Pinkie exclaimed before giving chase.

“Pinkie wait!” Nova followed after her. They chaste the shadowy figure to the back of the train and came out at the back of the last car only to find nothing. “What the…where did they go?”

“Strange.” Pinkie said before they made their way back to the cake. Just as they entered the car, they saw another silhouette through the window of the door into the next car and chased it again. “STOP YOU!” This time, the chase went all the way to the front of the train where all they saw was the engineer shoveling coal.

“How are they doing this?” Nova asked. “Guess you were right Pinkie. Someone may very well be after your cake.” They made their way back to the cake.

“I knew it!” Pinkie exclaimed. “We’re going to have to be on high alert now.”

“I think I can stay up the rest of the night to help.” Nova said.

“Are you sure about that? It is rather late.” Pinkie asked.

“I’ll be fine. Not the first time I had to stay up so late. When my little brother was still a baby, he kept me up all hours of our sleep cycle crying.” Nova informed. Just then, the blinds to the windows all closed at once. “Quasars!” Nova exclaimed. He and Pinkie began stumbling in the dark trying to get the blinds back up. A moment later, they came back up on their own. The two looked to the cake and saw it still seemed okay. Though Nova gave a scrutinizing look. “Okay, so what was that about?”

“No idea, but we REALLY need to be on the lookout.” Pinkie stated.

So for the rest of the night, the two stood guard over the cake. Nothing else happened for the rest of the night. Morning came and both were looking rather tired. Nova gave a yawn just before everyone came out to the car from the sleeper car. “Morning everyone.” Twilight greeted. “Oh my.” But then gasped seeing Nova and Pinkie looking so tired. “Are you two all right?”

“Pinkie was right, someone was trying to get at the cake.” Nova said. “We were up all night guarding it.”

“Oh, you poor dears.” Twilight cooed.

“But luckily, the cake is fine. No one got past us.” Pinkie stated.

Twilight came up to the cake to look it over. She then went around to the back. “Um…I’m not so sure about that.” She then turned it to reveal three large bites had been taken out of the cake.

“THE CAKE! It’s ruined!” Pinkie cried. “Who would do such a thing!” She then looked to the other competing bakers. “It was one of you wasn’t it!?”

“Prepostterous.” Gustauve grunted.

“I would never.” Mulia huffed.

“Now hold on Pinkie, before you start going around throwing accusations, we need proof first as to who the guilty party is.” Nova said.

“Good thinking Nova. I was about to say the same thing.” Twilight said. “We need clues. So tell me everything that happened last night while you were watching the cake.”

Pinkie started. “Well first, I was sleeping while Nova took the first watch. He then woke me up saying he saw something.”

“A shadow passed by, I couldn’t tell who it was, but they headed toward the back of the train. Me and Pinkie gave chase.” Nova explained.

Twilight pulled out an old fashioned detective’s hat and placed it on Nova’s head. “Lead the way.”

Nova and Pinkie led Twilight to the back of the train. “We followed the shadow here, but they mysteriously vanished.” Nova said.

“I see.” Twilight began looking around and then up at the ceiling. “What is that?” Twilight seemed to spot something and floated it down.

“What is it?” Nova asked.

“Not just yet, we need more clues.” Twilight said. “So what happened next?”

“We went back to the cake and saw that shadow again. This time it was heading for the front of the train.” Pinkie said. They went to the front of the train then where they saw the conductor at the controls. “But we only found the conductor shoveling coal.”

“Really?” Twilight replied before floating the conductor’s hat off and looked inside. “Aha!” She then exclaimed finding something else and put the hat back on the conductor.

“You found something else?” Nova asked.

“We still need more clues.” Twilight said.

“Well, after that, we went back to the cake to keep an eye on it. Then suddenly everything went dark for a moment. The blinds closed all at once. But then came back up a moment later.”

They went back to the car with the cake and Twilight looked around. She seemed to notice something about a painting that was hanging next to the door to the sleeper car that was of a stallion in a blue uniform. “That doesn’t seem right.” She said as she seemed to find something else. “All right, I think we have all we need.”

“We do?” Nova and Pinkie asked.

“I know who the culprit is. Nova, Pinkie, have a look at these clues I found and I think you’ll understand.” Twilight said as she revealed her clues. The first was a blue feather. The second was a strand of mane colored a light pink. Then the third was a fake eyelash.

“Oh, now it makes sense.” Nova said.

“It sure does. It was the bakers!” Pinkie said.

Nova cut in. “Pinkie, before you start going off on some random silly stories about how they might have done it, it wasn’t them.”

“But….” Pinkie tried to argue.

“Nope! For one, none of them have blue feathers, pink manes, or fake eyelashes.” Nova said. The real culprits are Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity.”

“What?! I would never!” Rarity argued.

“I didn’t do it!” Rainbow said.

“I swear I didn’t!” Fluttershy said.

“Sorry girls, but the jig is up.” Nova said.

The three mares hung their heads in defeat. “Yeah, it was us.” Rainbow said.

“Pinkie, that first shadow we were chasing was Rainbow. That’s how she seemed to vanish. She didn’t disappear, she hid on the ceiling of the last car before we got to it. The conductor we thought we saw shoveling coal was Fluttershy, and it was Rarity who used her magic to close the blinds so she could get a quick bite. She’s trying to hide it by wearing her mane as it is now.”

Rarity’s mane was different, but only slightly. She made it so it covered one eye. Said eye missing an eyelash.

“We’re sorry.” The three said together.

“But you just made Mmmmm…sound so good it was hard to resist.” Rainbow said.

“Aw, you guys.” Pinkie cooed. “It’s all right. But with the cake ruined, I guess we can’t enter the contest now. Too bad, it would have been fun to go up against those other delectable treats you guys brought.” Pinkie said looking to the other bakers and began describing each of their culinary masterpieces in mouth watering detail.

Just then, the train went through a tunnel and everything went dark. When the train exited, the baker’s delights had been gobbled as well leaving little to them. Everyone gasped at this. “Don’t worry, I’m on the case.” Pinkie said taking the detective hat. She began going over the bakers and their treats. “The culprit was the bakers themselves. Gustauve has chocolate moose in his moostache. Mulia has sprinkles in her wrinkles, and Doughnut Joe has eclair in his hair!”

“Aw, I’m sorry, the way Pinkie described your eclairs Gustauve was just so hard to resist, and they were amazing.” Doughnut Joe said

“And the way she described your chocolate moose miss Mulia was superb. I just had to try, and once I did, I couldn’t stop.” Gustauve said.

“And how she described your doughnuts was just so delectable. I am sorry.” Mulia said.

“But now with ALL our deserts devoured, we won’t be able to enter the contest now.” Doughnut Joe said.

“Actually, I think I have an idea for that.” Pinkie said.

The train finally came to a stop as they reached Canterlot. The cake was partially restored with a few added ingredients. A little of what was left of the other deserts were added to the cake. A few eclairs along the cake, doughnuts along the sides, and the head of Mulia’s chocolate Mouse moose was on top. Princess Celestia gave it first place and the four bakers shared in the glory, with Nova keeping a bit of distance of course.

“Well, this has been quit the mystery filled journey. Never got to play a detective before.” Nova said.

“You did pretty good.” Twilight said.

“You’re the one that found the clues though.” Nova said.

“True, but you were able to tell right away what they were weren’t you?”

“Deductive reasoning my good mare.” Nova said in a fake english accent making her laugh. They enjoyed the rest of the contest getting to sample a few other trets before going home.

PreviousChapters Next