• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,609 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,609

PreviousChapters Next
The Ticket Masters

The Ticket Masters

After the party Pinkie threw to welcome Nova and Starburst, Nova borrowed a few books from Twilight to learn more about the world the two aliens found themselves in. Twilight thought it odd Nova wanted to borrow books with common knowledge in them, and Nova thought it strange the information was printed on paper. It was this that made him realize this planet wasn’t as technologicaly advanced as he thought.

Nova had gone over the books and learned the basics of the world he and Starburst were on. The country they were in was Called Equestria, and it was ruled by two princesses, Celestia and Luna. He was surprised as well to learn that the princesses controlled the sun and moon. He went over all this information with his little brother so he would know all this as well. They were still in the dark about what the ponies called the marks on their flanks. Nova didn’t ask because he didn’t want to raise suspicion. The two went over these books in the same day as the party was held on.

The next day came and they decided to explore the town more. They dropped their disguises inside the ship and put them on before heading out. The two brothers left the ship and headed into town. “So, where should we go first Starburst?” Nova asked as they crossed the bridge.

“Why don’t we go visit Twilight, she was nice.” Starburst suggested.

“That’s a good idea, let’s go see if she wouldn’t mind a friendly visit.”

As they approached Twilight’s house, they saw her and Spike leaving. “Hey Twilight, hey Spike!” Starburst called out. “Where you two headed?”

“Hey you two, good morning, me and Spike are headed over to Applejack’s, she asked us to help her with apple collecting.”

“Awwe, we were hoping to visit with you.” Starburst complained.

“Why don’t you come with us, I’m sure Applejack would like the extra help?” Twilight said.

“That sounds like a good idea, it will give us a chance to get to know you all better.” Nova said.

“I want to help.” Starburst said cheerfully.”

“Great, follow me, I’ll lead the way.” Twilight said.

*****

The four had finished helping Applejack with the apple collection and were now carrying baskets of apples on their backs, except for Starburst, the baskets were too big for him and the load would be too heavy. Spike was on Twilight’s back sitting backwards. “Nope….no….no.” Spike said as he looked at each apple he took out and tossed it from Twilight’s basket.

Applejack gave her thanks for their help. “Thank ya’ll kindly fer helpin me out. I bet Big Macintosh I could get these golden delicious in the barn before lunch time, if I win, he’s gonna walk down stirrup street in one of granny’s girdles.”

“No problem at all Applejack. I’m glad the goal is lunch time, all this hard work has made me hungry.”

“Spike, what are you doing, would you PLEASE stop tossing those apples. You’re wasting good fruit.” Nova said to Spike. Nova was picking up the apples Spike was tossing and put them in the basket he was carrying

“Sorry, I’m just looking for a good apple, I worked up an appetite too.” Spike said as he threw another apple behind him and hit Twilight on the head. Twilight glared at him as he gave a sheepish smile.

“Puh-lease Spike, you’ve been lounging on my back all morning while WE worked.” Twilight said.

“Exactly, you four were taking so long I missed snack time.”

“Weren’t you munching on a gemstone on the way over here?” Starburst asked.

Twilight’s stomach then rumbled. “Heh heh heh, guess we’d better get some food.”

Spike continued going through the apples. “No….no….no….AHA!” Spike cheered as he pulled out a big red apple and was holing it in front of Twilight.

“Oh Spike, that looks delicious.” Twilight commented. Spike then just shoved the whole thing in his mouth and ate it in one bit. “SPIKE!” Twilight said in frustration.

“What?” Spike asked, clearly unaware of what he did wrong. Spike’s cheeks suddenly puffed up and he let out a belch, followed by a green flame that turned into a scroll.

“It’s a letter from princess Celestia.” Twilight said.

Nova and Starburst looked at Twilight and Spike confusedly, they said nothing though as Spike unrolled it and proceeded to read it out loud. “Hear ye, hear ye, her grand royal highness, princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the grand galloping galla is to be held in the magnificent capitol city of Canterlot on the 21st day of….uh yadda yadda yadda….cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest.”

Twilight and Applejack grew surprised looks. “THE GRAND GALLOPING GALLA!” They cheered together.

Nova and Starburst looked at each other with confusion, then back at the two mares. “The grand galloping what now?” They asked in unison.

Applejack and Twilight started jumping for joy. “THE GRAND GALLOPING GALLA!” They cheered again.

Nova levitated his baskets off and set them next to the fence that lined the dirt road. Spike looked displeased, he even expressed it by sticking one of his claws in his mouth and stuck out his tongue. He then let out another belch and two golden tickets appeared. “Look, two tickets.” He cheered.

“Wow, great, I’ve never been to the gala, have you Spike?” Twilight asked.

“No, and I plan to keep it that way, I don’t want anything to do with that girly frilly fru fru nonsense.”

“Awe come on Spike, a dance would be nice.”

“Nice, it’s a heap good more than just nice.” Applejack said. “I’d love to go. Laaandsakes, if I had an apple stand set up, I could drum up business for the farm, ponies would be linin up just to get a taste of my tasty viddles. We could raise a lot of money to do a heap o fixin up around here. We could replace the barn’s saggy ol roof, Big Mac could replace that saggy ol plow, and Granny Smith could replace that saggy ol hip. I’d give my right hind leg to go.”

Twilight figured she could invite Applejack then. “Well in that case, would you like to-“ Her words were then cut off by a shout.

“WHOOOOA!” Rainbow Dash fell right on top of Twilight and Applejack. Nova and Starburst both winced at the sight. Rainbow Dash’s crash on them knocked the baskets of apples off of their backs.

“Are we talking about the grand GALLOPING galla?” Rainbow asked.

“Rainbow Dash, you said you were too busy to help me pick apples, what were you really doin, spyin?” Applejack asked.

“Nope.” Rainbow answered. “I was busy….nappin.” The girls then looked up. Nova and Starburst followed their gaze and saw a pillow and a blanket on a branch overhead. “And I just HAPPEN to hear, that you have an extra ticket?” Rainbow asked as she fluttered in front of Twilight upside down.

“Yeah, but-“ Twilight was interrupted again.

“YES! This is so awesome, the wonderbolts perform at the gala every year, this could me my chance to show them my stuff. I can see it now, the wonderbolts would be going through their routine and in would fly….Rainbow Dash. I’d draw their attention with my super speed strut, then I’d wow them with my fantastic filly flash. And for my grand finale, the buccaneer blaze. The wonderbolts would insist they incorporate my moves in their routine and welcome me as their newest member. Don’t you see Twilight? This could be my one chance to show em’ my stuff. You gotta take ME!”

Nova and Starburst were still clueless as to what this grand galloping galla was, and now they are hearing about some performing ponies they know nothing about.

Rainbow was then pulled back from Twilight by the tail by Applejack. “Now hold on one pony pickin minute here.” She said, her voice muffled by Rainbow’s tail. She then spit it out of her mouth and continued. “I asked fer that ticket first.” She said as she glared at Rainbow.

“So, that doesn’t mean you own it.” Rainbow said as she glared back.

“Oh yeah, well I challenge you to a hoof rassle contest, winner gets the ticket.” The two then took sides of a nearby stump, locked hooves and began their hoof wrestle.

Before a winner was decided, Twilight pushed them aside and spoke. “GIRLS, these are MY tickets, I’ll decide who gets to go, thank you very much. Whoever has the best reason to go should get the ticket.

Applejack started. “Drummin up business for the farm?”

Rainbow then got in front of Applejack and gave her reason. “A chance to audition for the wonderbolts?”

“Money to fix granny’s hip.”

“Living the dream.”

“Oh my, those are all pretty good reasons, aren’t they?” Twilight’s stomach then rumbled. Twilight then gave a sheepish laugh. “Hah ha ha, fancy that, I am starving. I don’t know about you, but I can’t make important decisions on an empty stomach.” She said as she started backing away. “So I’ll think about it over lunch and get back to you. Ok?” Spike then hopped on Twilight’s back and they left for town.

“Ok.” Applejack and Rainbow said together. Then glared at each other again and started their hoof wrestle again.

“Twilight, wait up, maybe I can help you figure this out.” Nova said as he came up next to Twilight with Starburst next to him.

“Wait, Nova, do you want to go to the galla?” Twilight asked.

“I don’t even know what this galla is.”

“It’s only one of the biggest parties held in canterlot, there’s dancing and fine dining and all the rich and sophisticated ponies go, it’s a chance to meet princess Celestia.”

“I think I’ll pass, it doesn’t really sound like a lot of fun, besides, who would watch Starburst for me? But I am curious, why would princess Celestia send you tickets to this big party?”

“Oh, well, you see, I’m her personal student, I’m being taught by her personally.” Twilight answered.

“I see, well I’m fine with not going, I’ll just help you in any way I can to help with your decision making.” Nova said.

Twilight smiled at Nova. “Thank you Nova, that’s one less pony I have to worry about disappointing.”

“So who ya gonna give the ticket to Twilight?” Starburst asked.

“I don’t know, but I really can’t think straight on an empty stomach. So where should we eat?” Twilight asked.

“Um, Twilight, we’re new in town remember, we don’t know about what places there are to eat.” Nova informed.

“Oh right, sorry.” Twilight said. Right as she did, Pinkie came rushing out and knocked every pony to the ground. Nova and Starburst lay next to each other, Spike next to Twilight who had Pinkie on top of her. The force knocked the tickets out of Spikes claws.

“PINKIE, watch where you’re going!” Nova scolded.

The two tickets floated down and landed on Pinkie’s nose. She opened her eyes and squealed. “AAAHH, BATS, BATS IN MY FACE, HELP!” She cried as she rushed around then stopped and danced on her tippy hooves. “Wait, these aren’t.” She then noticed it wasn’t bats in her face, but the tickets. “Tickets to the grand galloping galla?!”

“It’s the most AMAZING wonderful super tremendous spectacular fun party in ALL of Equestria, I’ve always always ALWAYS wanted to go.” Pinkie then broke out in song. “Oh the grand galloping galla is the best place for me, oh the grand galloping galla is the best plave for me, hip hip, hooray, it’s the best place for me, for Pinkiiiiieeeee.” She then just rambled on about it.

“With decorations and fairy light and streamers and pinwheels and piñatas and pin cushions! With goodies like sugar cubes and sugar canes and sundaes and sasparillas. And I get to play my most favorite of favoritest games of all time of pin the tail on the pony.” Pinkie then continued on in song again. “Oh the grand galloping galla is the best place for me, oh the grand galloping galla is the best place for me, cause it’s the most suprelyterrific galla in the whole gallaxyyyyyyyy. WEEE!”

Pinkie then started hopping around Twilight. “Oh thank you Twilight, it’s the most wonderfulest gift ever.” Pinkie then stopped in front of Twilight and was looking her in the eyes.

Twilight backed up a little. “Uh, Actually……” Twilight wasn’t sure what to say to Pinkie.

Spike went to pick up the tickets, Nova figured he knew how to break it to Pinkie that Twilight hadn’t made up her mind yet. “Pinkie, I’m sorry but…” Before he could finish, Rarity interrupted when she saw Spike holding the tickets.

“*Gasp* Are these what I think they are?” She asked.

Pinkie answered. “Yes, yes, yes, Twilight’s taking me to the grand galloping galla in Canterlot.”

“The galla, I design dresses for the galla every year.” Rarity informed. “But I’ve never had the opportunity to attend. The society, the sophistication, the glamour. It’s where I truly belong, and where I’m destined to meet HIM.”

“HIM!” Pinkie said, then her face became one of confusion. “Him who?”

Rarity continued. “Him.” She started off on a story that sounded like something from a fairy tale. “I would stroll through the galla, and everypony would wonder, ‘who is that mysterious mare?’ They would never guess that I was just a simple pony from little old Ponyville. I would cause such a sensation that I would be granted an audience with princess Celestia herself. The princess would be so taken with my style and elegance, that she would introduce me……to HIM, her nephew. The most handsome elegible unicorn in all of Canterlot. Our eyes would meet, our hearts would melt, our courtship would be magnificent. He would ask me for my hoof in marriage, and of course I would say YES!”

Starburst at this point was just expressing his disgust at this sappy story as he stuck his tongue out with one eye closed. Nova chuckled at his display. Rarity failed to notice as she continued on with her fantasy. “We would have a royal wedding befitting a princess, which is what I would become upon marrying him, the stallion of my dreams. Twilight, I can’t believe you would invite Pinkie Pie so she can….party…and prevent me from meeting my true love, HOW COULD YOU?” Rarity cried.

Twilight was still clueless as to how to break the news to Rarity that she hasn’t made a decision yet. Nova tried again. “Rarity, Twilight hasn’t…” Once again, Nova was interrupted when Spike let out a call.

“HEY!” Every pony turned and saw a little white rabbit running to Fluttershy with the tickets in its mouth.

He ran up onto Fluttershy’s back and held the tickets out in front of her to see. “Oh Angel, these are perfect.” She said.

Twilight finally spoke up. “Uh listen guys, I haven’t decided on WHO I’m giving the extra ticket to.”

“YOU HAVEN’T!” Pinkie and Rarity both cried out.

“Um….excuse me Twilight, I would just like to ask, if it’s all right, if you haven’t given it to someone else.” Fluttershy said.

Rarity interjected. “YOU, you want to go to the grand galloping galla?”

“Oh, no.” Angel then just gave her a few quick kicks in her foreleg to get her to speak up. “I mean, yes, well kind of. You see, it’s not the grand galloping galla, but the wonderous beautifulprivate gated garden that surrounds the dance. The flowers there are said to be the most fragrant flowers in all of Equestria. For that night of the galla, and that night alone, will they all be in bloom. And that’s just the flora, don’t get me started on the fauna. There’s tucans and bitterns and loons, oh my. And humming birds that can really hum, and buzzards that can really buzz. There’s blujays and green jays and red jays, pink jays and pink flamingos.”

“Gee fluttershy, it sounds…..wonderful?” Twilight said.

“Wait just a minuite!” Came Rainbow Dash’s voice. Every pony looked up and saw her standing on a roof. She then flew down to ground level.

“Rainbow Dash, were you following me?” Twilight asked.

“No, I mean yes, I mean, maybe…..LOOK, it doesn’t matter, I couldn’t risk a goody fourshoes like you giving that ticket away to just anybody.”

“Wait just another minute.” Applejack declared as she strolled up.

Nova spoke up. “Applejack, were you following us too?”

“No, I was followin….THIS one, to make sure she didn’t try any funny business.” Applejack answered as she pointed to Rainbow Dash. “Still tryin ta take my ticket.”

“YOUR ticket!” Rainbow cried.

“But Twilight’s taking ME.” Pinkie said. Then they all started arguing about the ticket.

Twilight cringed and was down on the ground as the others argued. The arguing got so loud now, that Twilight, Nova, and Starburst were covering their ears. Nova saw his little brother trying to drown out the noise. He was getting tired of it too. “ENOUGH, ALL OF YOU JUST STOP!” He yelled as loud as he could.

“And I said oatmeal, are you crazy?” Pinkie said, unaware that every pony had stopped arguing.

Once it was quiet, Twilight got up and looked at Nova. “Thank you Nova.”

“You’re welcome.” He said with a smile. “You ok Starburst?” He asked as he looked down at his brother.

“Ow, my ears.” Starburst complained.

Twilight then addressed the others. “Girls, there no use in arguing.”

“But Twilight.” Rarity said.

Twilight cut her off before she could continue. “Ah, this is my decision, and I’m going to make it with Nova’s help. And I simply can’t think straight with all this noise.” Twilight’s stomach rumbled. “Not to mention hunger, now go on, shoo.”

The girls all then parted ways. “AND DON’T WORRY, WE’LL FIGURE THIS OUT!” She called out to them. “somehow.” She said quietly to herself.

Nova and Starburst came up to her and Nova put a hoof on her shoulder. “Don’t worry Twilight, I’ll help you in any way I can to help you make this decision. Together, we CAN solve this problem.”

“I’ll help too.” Starburst cheered.

Twilight smiled. “Thanks you two, I really appreciate this.”

The four came to a café for lunch. Spike sitting on one side of the table while Twilight sat on the other. Nova and Starburst sitting next to each other between them.

“Oh Spike, Nova, what am I going to do, all my friends have a good reason to go to the galla. Rarity or Applejack, Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, oh who should go with me?”

The waiter then came up to the table. “Have you made your decision?”

“I CAN’T DECIDE!” Twilight called out.

“Uh, Twilight, he just wants your order.” Spike informed.

“Oh, I would love a daffodil and daisy sandwhich.”

“That sounds good, I’ll have that too please.” Nova said.

Spike then gave his order. “Do you have any rubys?....No, ok then, I’ll have the hay fries, extra crispy.”

“That sounds good, can I have that too?” Starburst asked.

“Very good.” Said the waiter, he then took their menus and left.

“What do you think Spike?”

“I thinks we have to try another resturaunt. I like hay and grass just fine, but would it kill them to server gemstones here?”

“I mean about the galla and the ticket and who I should take.” Twilight informed.

“Oh, you’re still on that?” Spike said, clearly frustrated about the situation.

“Spike, LISTEN!” Twilight declared as she put her hooves on the table and stood up. “How do I choose, and when I do choose, will the other four be mad at me? I could give up my ticket and give away two, but that would still leave three disappointed ponies.”

“Oh oh, I know, you could….no, that won’t work, what if you…..no, oh oh I know, you could…..no, that won’t work either.” Starburst said, eager to help.

“Having trouble with an idea there Starburst?” Nova asked.

“This IS a hard decision. They’re all your friends, and they all deserve to go, but you only have two tickets.” Starburst said.

“Thanks for trying anyway Starburst.” Twilight said with a smile.

“Your food.” Said the waiter as he presented everyone’s meal.

Twilight eyes her sandwhich hungrily. “Oh thank you this looks so good. I’m sure everything will be much clearer once I eat.”

Nova looked in thought as the others ate. “Hmm, six ponies, two tickets, the problem is not enough tickets.” Nova said to himself.

“MMM, these hayfries are good.” Starburst said as he ate.

“I know right?” Spike agreed.

“Twilight, what if you….” Nova started but was interrupted when a group of ponies rushed past them and into the resturaunt.

The waiter, who held the door for them, looked at the group curiously. “Madame, are you going to eat your food in the rain?”

“It’s not raining.” Twilight said, then took a good look around and noticed that it was raining, just not over her and her friends.

“What’s going on here?” Nova asked as he, Twilight, and Starburst looked up to see a whole in the clouds.

Rainbow Dash poked her head out of the hole and looked down at them. “Hi there best friends forever I ever ever had, enjoying the sunny weather?” She asked.

“Rainbow Dash, what are you doing?” Twilight asked suspiciously.

“What do you mean, I just saw the two most smartest cleverest most GENEROUS ponies about to get rained on, so I thought I’d kick a hole in the clouds so they could dine in peace. That’s all.”

“Yeah right, your just doing this to get the ticket, aren’t you?” Starburst asked.

“Who? Me? oh no no no, of course not.”

“Uh huh.” Nova said, unconvinced.

“Seariously, I’d do it for any pony.” Rainbow said.

“Then why don’t you do it for them?” Nova asked as he waved a hoof at the other ponies running around to get to shelter from the storm.

Rainbow then laughed nervously. “Rainbow, I’m not comfortable accepting unwanted favors, so I’d appreciate it if you closed up that cloud right now.” Twilight said.

“Uh, fine.” Rainbow said, she then proceeded to close up the cloud.

“That’s better.” Twilight said smugly. She then levitated her sandwhich in front of her, ready to eat.

“Uh Twilight, I don’t think that was…” Nova said, but was again interrupted when the rain started falling on them, making Twilight’s sandwhich all soggy before she could get a bite. Her mane also became drenched, as well as Nova’s.

Spike just sat there and giggled at the sight with Starburst.

Rarity then came walking up in a purple raincoat with an umbrella on her back. “Twilight, Nova, it’s raining.” She informed.

“No, really.” Twilight said with sarcasm.

“I hadn’t noticed.” Nova said with equal sarcasm.

“Come inside with me before you catch a cold.” Rarity said before grabbing the two and dragged them to her boutique.

Once there, Twilight shook herself dry, Nova found a towel and first dried off Starburst before he dried himself off. “There you go, better?” He asked Starburst.

“Yep, thanks Nova.” Starburst said cheerfully.

“Oops, heh heh, sorry.” Twilight said when she realized she shook the water on her over onto Rarity who was now soaked.

“Oh, That’s quite all right, after all, we are…..the best of friends are we not?” Rarity said as she snuggled up to Twilight. She then looked over at Nova. “And you know what the best of friends do.”

Nova was growing nervous at Rarity’s words. “Uh…”

“MAKEOVERS!” Rarity Cheered. She then brought over a dresser blind over in front of her and Twilight. A lot of noises was heard as she was getting Twilight prettied up, while Twilight complained the whole time. “Rarity…..OW…..what are you….HEY….that’s…too tight.”

The blind moved aside and revealed Twilight wearing a very fancy looking saddle. “There, oh you simply look darling.”

Twilight looked herself over and smiled. “Uuuuhh yeah, it is kinda pretty isn’t it. What do you think Nova.”

“It does look nice on you.”

Rarity then turned her attention to Nova. “And I have a wonderful handsome suit for the stallion.”

Nova grew a little fearful. “Uh oh.” Rarity then moved the blind in front of Nova and began her work. “HEY….Watch it….that…ow….what are you…..WHOA!”

Rarity moved the blind for all to see Nova. “There, oh don’t you look absolutely handsome.” Rarity cooed.

Nova was wearing a simple black suit with a black bowtie and a gold chain hanging out of the chest pocket. “Whoa, great galaxies, this is nice.” Nova complimented.

“Great galaxies?” Twilight asked as she and Rarity looked at Nova in confusion.

Nova noticed this and grew nervous. “Uh, what I mean is……this is very nice rarity, thank you.”

“Oh your quite welcome dear.” Rarity then turned her gaze on Spike and Starburst. “And I have dandy little outfits for the dashing young gents.” Starburst and Spike both gained worried looks. Rarity then began her work. Afterwards, once she was finished, Spike was now wearing a blue suit with a blond wig and buckles on his legs, while Starburst was wearing a sailor looking outfit complete with hat. “There we go, now all you need is a hat.” Rarity said to Spike as she placed a blue hat on him.

Spike looked himself over and was not pleased. “Gah, look, I don’t want anything to do with this girly galla gunk.” Spike removed the outfit. “See you back at the house Twilight.” Spike then ran off.

“Ewe.” Starburst commented as he looked himself over.

Nova couldn’t help but laugh. “Ha ha, nice.”

Starburst glared at his brother. “It is not, I look ridiculous.” Starburst then started taking it off.

“Awwe, but you look so cute in it.” Nova teased.

“Oh, who needs him.” Rarity said, referring to Spike. “This is all about you two.” Rarity said as she moved a mirror in front of them to admire themselves. “And how fabulous you’ll look at the grand galloping galla.”

Nova then made a realization. “Wait, what?”

Twilight followed. “The grand…” But before she could finish her though, Rarity interrupted.

“*Gasp* and oh my goodness, what a coincidence, I just happen to have an enseble that matches Twilight’s to a tea. We’ll be the belles of the ball you two and I. Everyone would be clamoring for our attention, all eyes would be on us.” This thought made Nova freeze up at that thought. “And everyone will finally know that the most glamorous, most talented, most sophisticated pony in Ponyville is Rarity the unicorn.” Twilight was now glaring at Rarity. Rarity noticed this and gave a sheepish laugh. “eh he heh, and Twilight and Nova of course.”

Nova managed to regain his composure as Twilight spoke. “I know what this is, your just trying to butter us up so we’ll give you the extra ticket. Well your just going to have to wait for our decision like everyone else.” Twilight then removed the saddle Rarity gave her. Nova removed the suit. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve been trying all day just to get some lunch.” She said as she reached the door with Nova and Starburst behind her.

“Did some pony say lunch?” Came Applejackes voice. She suddenly grabbed Nova and Twilight and dragged them outside in front of a large cart full of treats.

“Oh my stars.” Nova said as he looked at the cart.

“You’ve got to be kigging me!” Twilight shared in the surprise.

Applejack started listing off all the sweets in the cart. “I’ve got apple pie, apple crisp, apple dumblings, caramel apples, apple tarts, apple dumplings, aaaaaand……apple brown betty. The desert, not my auntie. What do ya say there, best friends?” Applejack finished as she held a plate with an apple sweet on it on her head in front of Twilight and Nova.
Twilight was about to refuse, but her stomach growled. As did Nova’s. “Is that a yes?”

Twilight was getting fed up with this, as was Nova. “NO, NO! I don’t know who I’m giving the ticket to, and all these extra favors aren’t making it any easier, in fact, I’m even less sure than I was this morning, UGGHH!” Twilight then ran off.

“You girls aren’t exactly being good friends with this!” Nova called as he and Starburst ran after Twilight. “great galaxies, that cart reminded me how hungry I was.” He said to himself.

“So, that’s a maybe?” Applejack said, really to herself.

“Ugh, I never thought being showered with favors could be so aggravating.” Twilight commented.

“Tell me about it, this is ridiculous.” Nova said.

“Yeah, they aren’t being very good friends, they seem to just be acting greedy to me.” Starburst commented.

“Look Twilight, I think I know how to solve this problem.” Nova said as Twilight opened the door with her magic. But, again, before Nova could share his idea, a light humming was heard coming from inside. The three walked in and saw animals and Fluttershy going around the library cleaning everything.

“For the love of the cosmos.” Nova said, but tried to keep it low.

“Fluttershy, not you too.” Twilight whined.

Fluttershy then saw the three. “Oh, hello Twilight, Nova, Starburst. I hope you don’t mind Twilight, but me and my animal friends are doing a little spring cleaning for you.”

“It’s summer.” Twilight deadpanned.

“Oh, well, better late then never right? It was Angel’s idea.” Flutershy then looked over to angel who was tossing a salad and gave a happy wave hello.

“You aren’t doing this for the ticket, are you?” Nova asked.

“Of course she is, why else would she?” Starburst commented.

“Oh no, I’m doing this because your my very best friend. Right angel?” Fluttershy asked. Angel just gave her a glare. “Oh, yes, we are just doing it for the ticket.”

“At least she’s being honest about it.” Nova commented.

Angel then ran up to Twilight and Nova with the salad and presented it to them with a smile. Nova and Twilight’s stomach rumbled. “NO NO NO!” Twilight cried.

“Fluttershy, you aren’t exactly making things any easier for us with this…….FAVOR. We would appreciate it if you would just leave now.” Nova said, he then went to the door for Twilight and opened it to let Fluttershy out. Once he did, a call rang out.

“SURPRISE!” Pinkie grabbed Nova and Twilight and a group of ponies started tossing them up in the air while Pinkie sang. “Twilight and Nova are my bestest friends whoopee, whoopee.”

“Pinkie.” Twilight said.

Pinkie continued. “The cutest smartest bestest ponies, ponies.”

“Pinkie.” Nova said this time. Both still being tossed up by ponies.

Pinkie continued. “I bet if I throw a super fun party, party.”

“Pinkie.” Twilight said again.


“Then they’ll give the extra ticket to the galla to meeeeee.”

“PINKIE!” Nova and Twilight shouted together. This got every ponies attention as they stopped tossing the two and they fell to the ground.

“Nova!” Starburst called out as he rushed over to his brother in worry. “Nova, are you okay?”

Nova stood up and helped Twilight up as well. “I’m fine Starburst, you okay Twilight?”

“I’m fine, but this is getting ridiculous.” Twilight answered.

Pinkie then spoke up. “You wanted something Twilight, Nova?” She said with a smile.

“At least the other ponies TRIED to be subtle about the ticket.” Twilight said, very annoyed.”

“Wait, what ticket, what galla?” one of the ponies from the crowd asked.

Pinkie answered. “Oh, didn’t you hear, Twilight has an extra ticket to the grand galloping galla.”

“PINKIE!” Nova scolded. Too late now, the damage has been done.

“THE GRAND GALLOPING GALLA!” The crowd cheered out.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love your mane.” One pony said.

“I’ll wash your dishes.” Another said. Spike then came out and the four started to trot away but was stopped by another pony.

“Do you need any help with your gardening.”

“I have a cart full of extra carrots.”

“Nova.” Starburst said worriedly as he backed up to his brother.

“What are we gonna do.” Spike asked.

“One thought comes to mind.” Nova said as he scooped up Starburst and placed him on his back.

“And that would be?” Twilight asked.

“RUUUUUN!” Nova shouted, and they took off with the crowd of ponies hot on their tail.

Twilight, Nova, Starburst, and Spike ran through town, doing everything they could to lose the ponies chasing them. They tried disguising themselves in a window at shop, then a couple with a carriage, while Spike and Starburst rode in it dressed like babies. They even tried hanging from under a bridge. Eventually, the crowd had them cornered. “Nova, what are we gonna do?” Starburst asked with fear.

Nova did the only thing he could think of at the time. He focused his magic in his disguised horn and the four disappeared in a yellow flash. They all reappeared in Twilight’s library. “Warn me next time you’re gonna do that.” Spike said as he wobbled.

“Sorry Spike, but we had to get out of there.” Nova informed.

“Quick, lock the doors and turn off the lights.” Twilight said. Twilight and Spike began rushing through the house to do so.

“Nova, your antennae.” Starburst said worriedly.

Nova looked and saw his antennae were no longer disguised. In a panic, he quickly tried to hide them with his foreleg. Thankfully, Twilight and Spike didn’t notice. Once they went upstairs, Nova lowered his foreleg and managed to disguise his antennae as a horn again. “That was close, guess I need to be more careful with my magic while disguised.”

“AAAAAHHHH!” Twilight screamed from upstairs.

“TWILIGHT!” Nova called out. The brothers then rushed up to Twilight’s room and saw her cringing on the floor with the other five ponies looking at her.

“I can’t decide, I just can’t decide, I know it’s important to all of you, and your all my friends, but I don’t want to disappoint you, but doing me favors and giving me gifts won’t make a difference. I can’t decide, I just can’t.” Twilight dropped to the ground and covered her head with her hooves.

Applejack walked up to her and put a hoof on her head. “Twilight, sugar, I didn’t mean to put so much pressure on you. And if it helps, I don’t want the ticket anymore. You can give it to somepony else. I won’t feel bad, I promise.”

Twilight looked up at Applejack with a smile. Fluttershy then fluttered over. “Me too, I feel aweful that I made you feel so aweful.”

“And me too, it’s no fun upsetting your friends.” Pinkie said.

“Twilight, it was unfair of me to force you like I did.” Said Rarity.

“YES, that means the ticket is mine.” Rainbow cheered. “I got the ticket, I got the ticket.” The other ponies then glared at her. “Uh, you know what, I haven’t perfected my moves for the wonderbolts yet, I don’t need that ticket anyway.”

“We were all so gung ho about going to the galla, we didn’t see how un-gung ho we were making you.” Applejack said.

“What about you Nova, don’t you want to go?” Pinkie asked.

“Like I said, I’m not sure I want to go, besides, I can’t leave my little brother on his own.” Nova stated.

“Hey, I can take care of myself, I’m a big……..pony……now after all.” Starburst said.

“Not yet you’re not, you still got a ways to go. Now Twilight, as I was TRYING to say before, I think I have a solution to this problem of yours.”

“Really, what?” Twilight asked.

“If this…..I mean, if princess Celestia is as nice as you say she is, then why not just ask her for more tickets so you can take all your friends?”

Twilight thought for a moment, then smiled big. “NOVA, you’re a genious. Spike, take a letter please.” Spike then rushed to her side with a quill and parchment in claw. “Dear princess Celestia, I learned that one of the joys of friendship is sharing your blessings, but if there isn’t enough blessing to go around, having more than your friends can make you feel aweful, which is why I must ask that you send six more tickets so I can take all my friends. If you are unable to, I will understand and I will send back the two you sent me. Sincerely, your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”

Spike then rolled it up and sent the scroll on its way. “That is a great idea, good thinking Nova.” Pinkie complimented.

“Wait, six extra tickets?” Nova asked.

“Of course.” Twilight answered.

“Hold on, but that means…”

Before Nova could finish his thought, Spike burped out a scroll. “That was fast.” Twilight commented.

Spike picked it up and read it out loud. “Dear Twilight Sparkle, why didn’t you say so in the first place." Then six tickets emerged. Spike held them out and announced. “Six extra tickets.

“That means we can all go.” Fluttershy declared.

“Hold on, that means eight tickets, that’s six for each of you, one for Spike, but who is the eighth ticket for?” Nova asked confused.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Rarity said with a smile.

“It’s for you silly.” Pinkie cheered.

“But I can’t go, I have a little brother to take care of.”

“Well shoot, you could leave him with my big brother, Big Macintosh on the night of the galla, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind watchin Starburst fer ya.” Applejack informed.

Nova wasn’t sure about this. “I don’t know, I don’t even know your brother.”

“Oh come on Nova, if he’s Applejack’s big brother, how bad can he be?” Starburst said with a smile.

“Please say you’ll come, you’re the whole reason we all get to go.” Fluttershy said.

“Come on Nova, you deserve it.” Rainbow said.

Twilight then chimed in. “Please Nova, it won’t be any fun without you.”

“Well…….I…..uh…..*Sigh* you’re not gonna let me say no, are you?” He asked the girls, they all just smiled at him. “Fine, I’ll go with you to this…grand galloping galla. But I want all of you close by, I’m not exactly comfortable in a large crowd. Also, I want to meet this big brother of yours Applejack, I want to know who I’ll be trusting my little brother with.”

“You got a deal partner. Big Mac may be a large fella, but he’s a real softy.”

Twilight and Nova’s stomach then rumbled. “Heh heh.” Twilight gave a sheepish laugh.

“Allow us to treat you to dinner.” Rarity said. The group then made their way out of the library to a place to eat.

*****

Nova and Starburst walked into their ship. Once safely inside, they dropped their disguises and had their true forms visible. “Boy, what a day, huh big brother?” Starburst asked.

“I’ll say, that was weird, I can’t believe how excited those ponies were to go to this galla.”

“Maybe it won’t be as bad as you thought?”

“I’m still wary about leaving you with this….Big Macintosh.”

“Don’t worry Nova, I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“Sure isn’t good enough, what if something happens that causes you to lose your disguise.”

“Nova, your worrying too much, this place is great, we’ve already made some friends here. What could possibly go wrong?”

“Oh I don’t know, how about this princess finding out what we are and having us imprisoned or something for invading her land. Or forcing us to leave and having to find a new planet to call home, who KNOWS how long that would take, we searched for years in space just to find a planet we could live on, and we come across this one. We have to be careful Starburst, I want you to have a good life here.”

“Ok, I’ll be careful.” Starburst said somberly.

Nova smiled at his little brother and took him in a hug. “Hey, come on, we can make this work, I know it sounds hard, and it is, but if we want to make a life for ourselves, we have to be careful, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun, right?” He then proceeded to tickle Starburst in the gut, causing him to laugh.

“Hey, hah hah, quit it….that…that tickles….ha ha.”

“Come on Starburst, let’s get some sleep, we got another day tomorrow.”

“Ok.” The two then went to their room, climbed in to bed, and lay their heads on their pillows. “Nova?”

“Yes?”

“Do you think I’ll find my special skill and earn my skill sign like you here?”

Nova smiled at Starburst. “I know you will, you just have to try, being stuck in a ship for years isn’t exactly the best place to try and find your special skill. You’re sure to find it here and earn your skill sign.”

Starburst smiled. “Ok, good night big brother.”

“Good night little brother.” They closed their eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Hello readers, as you see, I decided to change the title of this story, I think it fits better. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy my take on the series.

PreviousChapters Next