• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,604 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,604

PreviousChapters Next
Time Travel Equals Headache

Time Travel Equals Headache

Nova was sound asleep dreaming peacefully sharing the same bed with Twilight. He was dreaming about being on a picnic with her in a meadow on a clear sunny day. As he was about to move in for a kiss with her, his dream was interrupted by the sound of hooves pacing. His eyes fluttered open and could hear hoof steps coming from down stairs. He looked up just in time to see Spike just waking up as well. No doubt from the sound of the hoof steps. “Ugh, Spike? You too?”

Spike simply got out of his bed and headed for the door. Nova followed downstairs and saw Twilight pacing in circles. “Twilight?” Spike asked.

“Twilight, what are you doing?” Nova asked.

“Oh, hi Spike, Nova.” Twilight merely replied looking a bit agitated.

Nova rubbed his eye. “You do know it’s the middle of the night right?”

“Frankly, I don’t know how YOU can sleep at a time like this.” Twilight replied.

“Three a.m.?” Spike questioned with a flat yet tired look.

Twilight suddenly teleported in front of them. “It’s terrible, it’s horrible, it’s tragic!”

“Okay, I’ll bite, what’s wrong?” Nova asked.

Twilight tossed a calendar to them that Spike caught. “Now do you see what’s wrong?” It was on the fourth of the month.

“We forgot to celebrate arbor day?” Spike asked.

Twilight was at her desk using her magic to flip through some books. “No, I scheduled plans for this month, but forgot to leave time to schedule for next month.” She rushed over and brought over some papers with dates and such. “Don’t you see, there’s no time in my schedule to make another schedule.” She started looking more worried. “I could reschedule my meeting with the Ponyville hay board, but then I’d need to reschedule my lunchen with Pinkie Pie, and you know what a nightmare with scheduling she is. This is a total disaster! My whole year could be thrown off!”

Spike gave up and headed up to bed again but Nova stayed. “Twilight, calm down. You’re over reacting. It’s not like this is the end of the world or anything. Is there anything in your schedule involving just the two of us?”

“I...hold on.” Twilight went back to her schedule and started looking through it. “We do have a date scheduled for this saturday afternoon.”

“Then tell you what. We put that off so you can have time to try and work this out so you can schedule things for next month.” Nova suggested.

Twilight looked to Nova. “Are you sure?”

“Twilight, we live together now. It’s not going to hurt to skip one date. But, I think you’re taking this whole schedule thing too seriously and it’s kind of worrying me.”

“Nova, I could really use that time though to just relax with all the other stuff I have going on. I really need our time of freedom together. I just have to keep it on there.”

Nova sighed. “All right, I’ll stay up with you then and try to help you solve this.”

Twilight hugged Nova. “Oh thank you!”

Nova hugged back with a roll of his eyes yet still smiled. “No problem.”

The two began working through the rest of the night until morning came. Nova’s eyes were droopy and gave a heavy yawn. He heard Twilight saying something and sounded excited. He looked back. “You…*yawn*...found a solution?”

“I did!” Twilight exclaimed.

“That’s great Twilight.” He stood up and made his way over to her. “So what did you say you…” He started but was interrupted as wind started blowing around the room. “What in the name of the galaxies?”

A small light appeared at the center and started to grow, glowing brighter and bright and the air blowing stronger and stronger, blowing papers all over the place. It finally reached a point where the light was so bright, it was blinding and erupted. When it finally died down, at the center of the library was…Twilight Sparkle. She was wearing a black slightly torn up body suit with a bandage on her forehead, an eye patch over her right eye, and a scar on her left cheek. Her mane and tail were a complete mess as well.

Nova’s jaw dropped seeing this.

Twilight cried out. “AH!” The Twilight next to Nova that is.

The other Twilight stood up and shook her head before rushing over to the two. “Twilight, you have to listen to me.”

“Who are you? I mean you’re me, but I’m me too.” The original Twilight started. “How can there be two me’s? It’s not scientifically possible.” She then poked her counter self in the chest making her scrunch her nose. “You are not scientifically possible.”

The second Twilight moved the first Twilight’s hoof away. “Twilight, listen to me. I have a very important message for you from the future.”

The original Twilight smiled. “You’re from the future?!”

“That’s right, now listen.”

Nova was still confused about what he was seeing.

The original Twilight cut off the second as she started circling around her speaking. “What happened to you? The future must be awful.”

“Please, I don’t have time.”

“Is there some kind of epic pony war in the future or something?”

“Actually, I’m from next tuesday morning. But that’s not important right now.”

“I can’t believe time travel is possible.”

Nova finally spoke up. “Excuse me! Is this some sort of dream I’m having from being so tired? Or is this for real?”

“Believe it Nova, it’s real.” The second Twilight said. “Now please listen.”

“How did you...I mean I...figure it out?” Twilight asked.

“The time spells are in the Canterlot archives. But that’s not…”

“Really? Where? I’ve never seen them.”

“They’re in the Starswirl the Bearded wing. Now you have to listen…”

“Is time travel fun or does it hurt? I have so many…”

The second Twilight finally shoved a hoof in the first Twilight’s mouth to quiet her and started speaking. “I have a very important message to tell you from the future and I only have a few seconds. Whatever you do don’t…” Before she could finish, the second Twilight started glowing and disappeared in a flash.

“Um...okay, what just happened here?” Nova asked. “I’m still a little confused at the fact there were two of you here just now and one of them was claiming they were from the future?”

“Oh no, what was she trying to warn me about?” Twilight said. “Her clothes, her mane, that scar, uh. What a mess she is, I mean...I am...or I...will be. She must want me to prevent whatever horrible thing happens in the future.”

“But how are we supposed to do that if we don’t know what it is?” Nova asked. “And for the record, you didn’t look that bad. You look beautiful to me no matter what.” He said with a smile.

Twilight smiled back. “Thank you Nova. I appreciate that, but we need to focus on this. We have to figure out what this disaster is that future me was trying to warn me about and warn everypony.”

“Twilight, I’m not so sure it would be a good idea to get everyone worked up over something if we don’t know what it is that might be coming.” Nova stated.

“We can’t tell them nothing.” Twilight retorted. “Come on!” With that, she galloped for the door.

“By the stars.” Nova sighed before galloping after her.

Near the park, Pinkie Pie had a few balloons tied to her mid section that had her floating just above the ground. She was moving her legs like she was walking and slowly moving along. “Come on Fluttershy, this party isn’t going to make itself.” She said looking back to Fluttershy who was following her.

“Maybe...next time...I could carry the balloons?” Fluttershy asked. She had a number of heavy bags that were forcing her to crawl on the ground.

Twilight accidentally bumped into Fluttershy and knocked over everything. She looked up, now wearing a fake pair of glasses with a rubber nose and a fake mustache over her face. She didn’t seem to notice as she dashed on.

Nova stopped to help Fluttershy. “Fluttershy, you okay?”

“I think so, what happened?” Fluttershy asked as she stood up.

Nova was already using his magic to gather what was knocked off. “Sorry, Twilight’s in a bit of a hurry.”

Twilight stood up on a square post and addressed every pony. “Everyone I have an important announcement.”

Those that heard Twilight stopped and looked to her, then started laughing seeing her with the novelty item on her face.

Twilight noticed this and shook her head to get them off then continued. “Please listen everypony! I was just visited by myself from the future.”

This just made them laugh more.

Nova soon came by her side. “Everyone listen up! This is serious! All of Equestria could be in danger!” He exclaimed.

This got everyone’s attention.

“Now I know this may not sound good, but we have no idea what kind of disaster may be coming. But we do know it will happen some time on tuesday next week.” Nova informed.

Twilight continued from there. “That’s right, so we should work together and disaster proof all of Equestria. Rainbow Dash.” Twilight turned to Rainbow who happened to be flying close by and heard everything. “I would like you to check Pegasopolis to make sure everything is fine there.”

Rainbow gave a salute. “You got it.” She then zipped off to do so.

“The rest of you-”

Twilight was cut off by Pinkie screaming. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!” She was moving her legs like she was running but was moving slowly thanks to the balloons still tied to her. She paused just to look at the crowd. “Anypony else want to panic with me?” She paused and waited for a response. “No? Okay. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!” She went back to screaming and trying to run.

Twilight continued from there. “Everypony else, let’s disasterproof Equestria.” Twilight declared. Thus began a montage of everyone working together to clean up and fix any and all problems. From a crack in the dam, to an uneven bit of hair in Pinkie’s mane, to a bit of garbage on the street. Soon, every problem big and small was taken care of in an event to disasterproof Equestria.

Twilight was checking off every little thing on her checklist. “Done, and done, and done.” She turned to Applejack as she walked up. “Applejack, what about the Everfree forest?”

“Perimiter’s all clear.” Applejack replied as Rarity was using her magic to pick out leaves from Applejack’s mane and tail.


“Great.”

Rainbow then flew up. “And my team gave the all clear from Fillydelphia to Las Pegasus.”


Nova came up to Twilight. “My parents have been scanning the skies with these probes they built. They say there’s no sign of any astroid within the solar system that could pose a threat.”

“That’s a relief.” Twilight replied. “Well, that’s everything on the list, and one item off the list. Still….Future Twilight looked like she had been through an ordeal. I just have this nagging feeling we should be looking for something bigger than loose bolts and leaky pipes.”

It was then a large three headed black rottweiler dog jumped out and gave a loud roar.

This sent every pony into a panic.

“AH! W-what is that?!” Nova exclaimed in fear. Spike coward behind him.

“Cerberus! He’s supposed to be guarding the gates of Tartarus.” Twilight informed.

“What’s he doing here?!” Nova asked.

“He must have gotten loose, this is perfect!” Twilight said looking happy.

“Perfect how?” Nova asked.

“This must be the disaster we were warned about. It’s time for some obedience training, magic obedience training that is.” Twilight said as she readied her horn.

However, before she could do anything, Fluttershy was already on Cerberus scratching his belly, the three headed dog panting happily as he lay on his back. “Oh, who’s a good boy? Yes you are, yes you are.” Fluttershy cooed.

“Wow Fluttershy, I knew you were good with animals but this?” Twilight said in surprise.

“Aw, he’s just a big ol dog who got out of his yard is all.” Fluttershy said.

“Well….that’s a relief I guess.” Nova stated.

“This gives me an idea, Pinkie!” Twilight called out.

Pinkie zipped up to Twilight. “Yes?”

“Do you have a ball I can borrow?”

“Of course, I keep balls stashed around Ponyville in case of a ball emergency.” Pinkie went over to a tree with a hole in it and reached in to pull out a ball.

“Of course you do.” Nova commented with a roll of his eyes.

“Perfect.” Twilight said and took the offered ball in her magic and held it up. “Hey Cerberus! Look what I got!”

The dog looked to Twilight and saw the ball. He then got real happy as Twilight waved the ball around, all three heads following it.

Twilight started galloping, keeping the ball in front of Cerberus. “I’ll get Cerberus back to the gates, I’ll be back soon!”

It wasn’t until late in the afternoon that Twilight came back looking a bit of a mess.

“There you are. So you got Cerberus back?” Nova asked as Twilight walked back into her home.

“Yep, everything is all fine now.” Twilight replied.

Just then, Spike let out a belch and a letter formed that flew through the air and smacked Twilight in the side of the face, leaving a small scar on her cheek.

“Ouch, you okay Twilight?” Nova asked.

Twilight gasped. “Oh no.” She zipped over to the mirror.

“What? It’s just a lost dog flyer.” Spike pointed out. “The princesses probably didn’t hear that you got Cerberus back already.”

“Not that, this.” Twilight pointed to her cheek.

“A papercut?” Spike asked unamusedly.

“Don’t you see, it’s the same scar future Twilight had. This means the disaster is still coming.”

“I don’t know Twilight, maybe you’re just over reacting.” Nova suggested.

“Over reacting?” Twilight said looking to Nova. “We’re talking about a possible cataclysmic disaster approaching Equestria!”

“Okay, okay! Sorry.” Nova said raising a hoof in defense. “Look, whatever happens, I’m behind you.”

“Thanks. Now we just need to figure out what to do.” Twilight said as she started pacing. “Doing something didn’t seem to help...so maybe if I don’t do anything, the disaster won’t come.” Twilight then teleported to another spot in the library. “If I just stand here and do nothing until tuesday morning, the disaster won’t come.” She then stiffened up.

“What? Twilight, you can’t just stand there and do nothing. What about sleep, what about eating?” Nova asked in concern.

Twilight didn’t respond.

Nova sighed.

“So...you’re going to just stand there the whole time not moving until Tuesday morning?” Spike asked. He then started to think.

“Spike, what are you thinking?” Nova asked in a suspicious tone, one eye half lidded.

Spike zipped off to the kitchen and came back with a carton of ice cream and a spoon. “So you won’t mind if I eat all this ice cream then.” He then started eating it up.

“Ng, Spike, you’ll get a tummy ache.” Twilight said through gritted teeth.

“No worries, that’s future Spike’s problem.” Spike replied.

“Spike.” Nova said. “Don’t make this any more difficult than it has to be.” He took the ice cream from Spike with his magic.

“Hey, I was eating that.” Spike protested.

“You heard Twilight.” Nova replied. He put the ice cream back.

It was then Rainbow came flying in. “Hey Twilight, I just wanted to….” She paused seeing Twilight standing stiff. “Uh, what’s going on?”

“Twilight thinks if she doesn’t move, the disaster won’t come.” Nova explained.

“Really?” Rainbow asked. “Hey Twilight, there’s a spider behind you!” She exclaimed with a look of fear.

Twilight’s tail stiffened as she seemed to visibly flinch.

Rainbow then started chuckling.

“Not funny Rainbow.” Nova said. “There’s no Spider Twilight.”

Twilight gave a growl.

Rainbow started whispering to Spike as they got an idea.

“All right you two, whatever it is, forget it.” Nova said in a warning tone with a light glare.

“Too late.” Spike and Rainbow Dash said together before zipping off and came back with feathers and started tickling Twilight.

“You guys!” Nova called out as Twilight seemed to try fighting the laughter. Nova took hold of them and flung them back a bit harder than he meant to. When Spike’s back hit the wall, he belched out a green flame that struck Twilight.

“AH!” Spike called out. “I’m so sorry!”

“Me too.” Nova said. “You okay?”

“Whoa! You’re mane.” Rainbow said.

“What about it, what’s wrong?” Twilight asked in worry.

“Nothing.” Spike quickly answered.

“It’s fine.” Rainbow answered right after Spike.

“Show me.” Twilight said forcefully.

Nova sighed and used his magic to pull a mirror over in front of Twilight. “It’s not….too bad.”

Twilight gasped seeing herself. Her mane was standing upright and frayed on the edges. “Oh no, I have the same mane cut as future Twilight. The disaster is still coming. What are we going to do? It seems the only way to know what’s going to happen would be if we could somehow see into the future.”

“Actually, I think I know a pony for that.” Spike pointed out.

“You do?” Nova asked curiously.

“Follow me.” Spike waved a hand. Nova and Twilight began to follow Spike who led them to a tent in town.

Pinkie Pie was inside dressed like a gypsy fortune teller and spoke in a way to try and sound spooky. “Welcome to madam Pinkie’s.” She sat behind a round table with a crystal ball on a gold stand. “Come and look into my mystical orb of fate’s destiny.” She then spoke normally. “What do you think? Pretty neat mystical orb of destiny right? I just got it.”

“Pinkie Pie?” Nova and Twilight questioned.

“It’s madam Pinkie.” Pinkie said in the same spooky like voice.

“Pinkie, um...madam Pinkie, we were wondering if you could tell us what the future holds.” Spike said.

Pinkie started waving her hooves around the crystal ball. “Of course, have a seat and I shall tell you your future.”

The trio took a seat on some pillows as Pinkie began doing...whatever it was she was doing.

“Look into the crystal ball, for soon it shall reveal all.” Pinkie said in her spooky voice. “Ah yes, I see it, I see the future.”

“What, what is it?” Twilight asked.

“I see...I see….that you Twilight.”

“What, what?!” Twilight asked.

“You...you will get a really great birthday gift next year on your birthday.” Pinkie pointed to Twilight.

“Pinkie, we need your Pinkie sense to help us tell you what kind of disaster is on the way.” Twilight pointed out.

Pinkie started speaking normally. “Sorry, my pinkie sense is only good for predicting vague and sudden occurrences.” Just as she said that, her tail twitched and a flower pot suddenly fell down on top of Twilight. “LIke that. Where did that come from anyway?”

“Twilight, are you okay?” Nova asked.

Twilight merely groaned as she rubbed her head.

Three days passed after that. Nova got rather concerned when Twilight seemed to snap and started making all kinds of charts and graphs and setting up telescopes. She had gone on about how the only way to try and predict what was going to happen was to monitor everything. Nova ended up helping as best he could despite his concern for Twilight if only to help give her some peace of mind. This left Spike free to gorge himself on ice cream.

Pinkie came in soon. “Hey Twilight, haven’t seen you or Nova in three days, what’s….whoa.” She paused seeing the mess in the room.

“Oh, hey Pinkie. *Yawn*.” Nova greeted tiredly as he sat over a table looking over some graphs.

Twilight was zipping around the room looking through telescopes and monitoring some other charts and graphs while Spike sat on the stairs eating ice cream. She was now sporting a bandage on her head where the flower pot hit her. “Hey Pinkie.”

“What’s going on here?” Pinkie asked.

“We’ve barely gotten any sleep.” Nova stated.

Twilight then grabbed Pinkie and placed her in front of one of the telescopes. “Can you help me re-calibrate the apertures on the nine and quarter catadioptric telescope?”

“Sure.” Pinkie agreed happily.

“After coming to see madam pinkie and getting hit by that flower pot and getting this bandage. See the bandage? Like the bandage from the future?”

“Neat.” Pinkie merely replied.

“After getting hit in the head by the flower pot, I had an epiphany. Doing things didn’t work, not doing things didn’t work. So that left me with one other option.” She then got in Pinkie’s face to reveal her bloodshot eyes. “Monitor EVERYTHING.”

“Makes sense to me.” Pinkie replied.

“It’s exhausting is what it is.” Nova stated.

“That way, no matter what happens in the future, we’ll be ready for it. I thought I saw something last night in the horsehead nebula but after staring at it for three straight hours, I was wrong.”

“But when did you sleep?” Pinkie asked.

“She hasn’t.” Nova answered giving another yawn. “And neither have I.”

“I haven’t slept since future Twilight came to visit me and Tuesday isn’t for three more days. Once it comes, then I can sleep all I want.”

“You’ve been awake too long Twilight.” Spike stated.

“Yeah, Tuseday isn’t for three more days, it’s tomorrow.” Pinkie pointed out.

“WHAT?!” Twilight exclaimed. She then rushed over to the telescope Pinkie was in front of. “Did you finish re-calibrating the apertures of the nine and quarter catadioptric telescope?”

“I have no idea.” Pinkie replied.

Twilight turned the telescope upwards and ended up pointing it right at the sun. “AH!” She pulled back covering her eye. “My eye!”

“Don’t worry Twilight, I got you covered.” Pinkie said and rushed over to a chimney and pulled out an eye patch. “I have eye patches stashed all over Ponyville, in case of eye patch emergencies.

Nova tiredly walked over to Twilight to see if she was fine. “Are you…*yawn* Okay?”

“Oh no.” Twilight said as Pinkie held a mirror in front of her. “Another sign nothing has changed, The disaster is still coming.” Twilight zipped over to a chalk board and began looking over some calculations. “I guess there’s only one solution left, I’m just going to have to...STOP...TIME.”

Nova gasped. “Twilight, you can’t! Messing with time is a BAD idea. You have no idea what the repercussions could be!”

“If I don’t, then all of Equestria could be doomed.” Twilight stated.

“How are you even going to pull that off though?” Nova asked.

“The time spells in the Canterlot Library in the Starswirl the Bearded wing.” Twilight replied. “It’ll just be until we can figure out what the disaster is and how to stop it.”

Nova sighed. “All right. I still think this is a bad idea but...I’ll help.”

“Thank you Nova.” Twilight gave a smile.

“Ooh, I’ll help too! It could be fun.” Pinkie cheered.

Later that night, Nova, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Spike had dawned black body suits and had made their way to Canterlot sneaking through the castle grounds to the library. Nova had his pony guise on during this.

“I still don’t get why we have to wear these.” Spike commented carrying an ice cream cone.

“To blend in of course.” Twilight replied in a whisper.

“We aren’t wearing them for fun?” Pinkie asked.

“There’s nothing fun about sneaking around, now try to blend in.” Twilight stated. They continued walking about until Twilight stopped in her tracks. “Guard! Hide!”

“Why? It’s not illegal to walk around the grounds at night.” Spike pointed out.

Twilight quickly hopped next to a statue and posed to try and blend in. “Come on you guys.”

Nova stood across from her in a similar pose.

Spike spread out his legs and threw his head back with his mouth open and arms out like he was singing. Pinkie got up on her hind hooves in a similar pose and one of her forelegs took hold of Spike’s hand.

A unicorn guard using a lighting spell walked past them and didn’t notice them.

“That was close.” Twilight said. “Come on.” She and the others continued on. Twilight continued ducking behind every bush, bench, and statue she came across while Spike, Nova, and Pinkie just walked. As they did, Twilight’s bodysuit gained a few holes and rips.

They soon reached the castle’s library walls and Climbed in through an open window. Once inside, they began making their way through the halls avoiding the guards as best they could, one method being used was hanging from the tapestries that decorated them. Spike ended up falling after a guard passed by. “Okay, the Starswirl section should be right...here?” Twilight looked around a bit and realized they were back at where they started.

“Can we climb in through the window again? That part was fun.” Pinkie said popping up from outside the window.

“Um, Twilight, is that what you’re looking for?” Nova said pointing to a gate that was marked ‘Starswirl the Bearded Wing’.

“Huh, how did I miss that?” Twilight questioned before going up to the entrance to the section only to find it locked. “Locked.” It was then they heard the sound of a guard approaching as his hooves echoed on the stone floor. “Oh no!” Twilight lightly exclaimed. She looked around desperately for a place to hide before realizing there was nowhere to hide. “We’re doomed.” She dropped to the floor and covered her head.

Nova rolled his eyes. He figured they weren’t really doing anything illegal, especially since Twilight used to live here and was allowed access to this section before.

A unicorn guard approached them and looked at Twilight a moment. “Oh hey Twilight, good to see you again. Let me get that for you.” And just like that, the guard opened the gate for them.

Twilight gave an embarrassed smile. “Wow, thank you so much.”

“No problem.” He then continued on his way.

“Come on.” Twilight rushed in with the others following.

Upon entering, they would see how big the section was. “How are we supposed to find anything in this place?” Nova asked. At the center of the room that was filled with old books and scrolls stood a large hourglass.

“Look at all these books. There are more here than I ever imagined.” Twilight said looking on in a bit of wonder. “OH NO!” She then exclaimed and rushed in front of a mirror. “Now I look just like future Twilight. The last sign has come true.”

Pinkie popped in in front of her. “And that’s bad...right?”

“Come on, let’s start looking.” Nova said.

“It’s almost tuesday morning. The disaster could happen any moment!” Twilight said.

“But there are so many scrolls here, how are we supposed to find a time stopping spell?” Spike asked.

“I...don’t...know.” Twilight replied.

“Just start looking.” Nova said and went off to begin as the others did.

Book after book and scroll after scroll, morning crept closer and closer and still no sign of a spell to stop time was found. The sun slowly crept and rose up over the horizon. Spike saw the sunlight shine in through a nearby window. “Twilight, it’s over. It’s officially tuesday morning.”

Twilight was panicking as she ran about looking through scrolls. When she heard Spike, she rushed over to the window to see the sun coming up. “NO! It’s tuesday morning! The disaster! INCOMING!” Twilight ducked and covered herself.. Nova jumped to Twilight’s side and put up a shield around them and Spike just in case.

A moment passed and nothing happened. Spike poked Twilight to get her attention. “I don’t know Twilight, I don’t see any disaster. It seems like a pretty nice day.” He said removing the hood from his suit.

Nova dropped the shield hearing this. “I had a feeling.”

It was then Celestia walked by and noticed them. “Good morning Twilight. Love the new hair style. Well, happy tuesday.” She said before continuing on.

Twilight stood up. “Why is anypony not surprised to see me sneaking around here?!”

“Maybe because this was your home once? If I recall, you were princess Celestia’s personal student and got to live in the castle didn’t you?” Nova pointed out.

Twilight pushed that aside for now and stood up to look out the window. “Is it possible there never was a disaster? That I’ve just been making myself frantic over nothing?”

“Well considering we’re all still in one piece and everything is fine, I’d say so.” Nova replied.

“What I’d like to know, is that if future Twilight wasn’t trying to warn us about a disaster, then what was she trying to tell you?” Spike asked.

Twilight looked herself over and managed a smile. “I don’t know. But I do know one thing. I look ridiculous.”

“I don’t know, you seem kind of cute to me.” Nova said giving a smile.

Twilight giggled in response. “And all because I couldn’t stop worrying and let the future handle itself. Well, not anymore. From now on, I’m just going to solve problems as they come.”

“Thank the stars I’m so glad to hear you say that.” Nova said. “I was always worrying about you with how frantic you got over every little thing that didn’t go according to a schedule you set.”

“So does that mean there won’t be anymore late night pacing?” Spike asked.

“No more late night pacing.” Twilight said. “If only I had learned this lesson a week ago, we wouldn’t have gone through all this.”

Pinkie suddenly popped out from an aisle. “Twilight! I found something!” Pinkie held up a scroll. Twilight took it in her magic and floated it over. “It doesn’t stop time but it lets you go back in time. It can send you back in time but only for a few moments.” Pinkie informed trotting over to Spike who was still eating ice cream and had been this whole time. “Does that help?”

“Uh…..” Nova was about to say something but stopped. Being smart as he was, he seemed to figure out what was about to happen. This was where Twilight traveled back in time to try and talk to herself but it didn’t go well and she ended up worrying herself over nothing. If it hadn’t happened, she most likely never would have learned her lesson. So he said nothing and let things play out as they did.

“Pinkie, you’re a genius.” Twilight said.

Pinkie cheered at the compliment.

“I can go back in time and warn my past self not to go berserk with worry.” She said and started casting the spell. She soon vanished in a brilliant flash of light.

“Well, there goes that.” Nova merely stated.

It was few moments before Twilight reappeared. “Worry….about...the….ugh, I can’t believe I did that!” Twilight said placing a hoof to her face.

“Hey, if you hadn’t, you most likely wouldn’t have learned the lesson you just did.” Nova stated placing a foreleg over her and gave a smile.

Twilight gave a small smile.

“And besides, it’s past Twilight’s problem now.” Pinkie added.

“You’re right. Thanks you two.” Twilight gave a smile.

Spike started groaning as he laid on the floor with a distended belly. “It must be all that ice cream. I thought it would be future Spike’s problem. But now I am future Spike.”

Nova lifted Spike up with his magic and placed him on his back. “Please no more talk of time traveling. It’s confusing enough as it is. Let’s go home.” Nova gave a yawn. “...and get some sleep. I’m exhausted.”

Twilight nuzzled Nova and the group headed back home.

PreviousChapters Next