• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,611 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,611

PreviousChapters Next
Losing Sanity

Losing Sanity

It was another gorgeous sunny day in Ponyville. Nova and Starburst were still feeling happy that their parents had found them and were reunited. Starla and Cosmos were now set up to help with star gazing and planet mapping from Ponyville. Nova and his friends had plans for a picnic later in the afternoon and Starburst had plans to hang out with his friends and fellow cutie mark crusaders. First, Starburst wanted to hang out with his big brother for a bit before he had to meet up with his friends.

The two brothers left their home and headed into town and came across Twilight who was just now coming out of her home with Spike dragging a long list. “Lets see, we already dropped off your cape at the cleaners, returned the blackboard to miss Cheerilee, ordered new quills and parchment from the stationary shop.” Spike listed as he went through the checklist.

“Hmm, it seems like we just placed an order for them a few days ago.” Twilight pointed out.

“I can’t imagine why we go through so many.” Spike said sarcastically.

Nova finally spoke up to make his presence known. “Hey you two, what’s up?”

“Hi Twilight, hi Spike.” Starburst said happily.

“Oh, hello Nova, hello Starburst, what are you two up too?” Twilight asked happily.

“Nothing really, just out enjoying the day, you?” Nova answered with a smile.

“We’re just taking care of a few things for the day.” Spike informed. “We got quit a list here as you can see.”

“I do see.” Nova chuckled. “Mind if we tag along, I always enjoy spending time with you Twilight.” Nova asked.

“I don’t mind, I enjoy our time too.” Twilight said with a longing look she directed to Nova.

Starburst winced. “Yeck, on second thought, I think I’ll go see mom and dad instead before I go see my friends, see you later Nova.” Starburst could not get out of there fast enough.

Nova chuckled as he said bye to his little brother. “OK, see you later Starburst.” Nova turned his attention back to Twilight. “So Twilight, perhaps I can be of help to you two while you take care of these things.”

Twilight smiled upon Nova’s offer. “Thank you Nova, I appreciate it.” She turned to Spike. “So Spike, what’s next on the list?”

Spike glanced at the checklist and proudly proclaimed, “Cupcakes!”

“Cupcakes?” Nova asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“For the picnic this afternoon.” Twilight informed.

“Oh right, ok then. Lead the way.” The three went on their way to Sugarcube Corner.

They arrived at the bakery and were greeted by Mrs. Cake. “Hello dearies, I take it you’re here for the cupcakes?” She asked cheerily.

“We are.” Twilight answered.

“Just a moment and I’ll get them for you.” Mrs. Cake then trotted off and returned shortly with the box of cupcakes. “Here you go.”

Spike started drooling at the sight of them already. Twilight looked at them with a scrutinizing look. “Uh, I only ordered twelve.” Twilight pointed out.

“Oh I know dear, but I had an extra, so I thought I’d make it a baker’s dozen.” Mrs. Cake informed as she went about with her work.

Twilight pulled her head back from the box. “Well that was very thoughtful of you, it’s just some of the icing from the extra cupcake is getting all over the one next to it, see?” She pointed out as she pushed the box back a bit for Mrs. Cake to see.

Mrs. Cake just gave a fake smile as she responded. “Oh, sure.”

Nova took a look for himself. “Um, what are you talking about Twilight, I don’t see that.”

Twilight continued. “It’s just that I’m sharing these with my friends at a picnic and I don’t want any pony to feel like some pony is getting more icing.”

“Oh no….of course not.” Mrs. Cake responded nervously.

Nova then stopped Twilight. “Twilight, relax, don’t you think your overthinking this?”

Twilight turned her head to Nova. “What do you mean Nova?”

“I mean that you seem to be making a cosmic deal over a little thing. I don’t see any icing getting on another cupcake, if it is, it’s not very noticeable. And even if it were, the others wouldn’t care. Trust me Twilight, the cupcakes are fine.” Nova stated as he put a hoof on Twilight’s back.

Twilight smiled at Nova. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” She then turned to Mrs. Cake. “Thank you for the cupcakes Mrs. Cake. We’ll be going now.” Twilight picked up the box with her magic and the three headed out after exchanging goodbyes with Mrs. Cake.

On the way back, Spike went over Twilight’s checklist to make sure they got everything done. Nova accompanied Twilight back to her house and followed her in. They walked up the stair case just as Spike got to the end of the list. “Looks like that’s everything.” Spike said from Twilight’s back.

“Almost everything.” Twilight pointed out.

Spike took a look at the list and said the last item. “Triple check the check list to make sure we didn’t miss anything when we double checked the checklist.”

“Great galaxies.” Nova mused to himself.

“Uh, check.” Spike marked the item off the list. He then dropped the checklist and quill. “Oh, I’ve been holding that quill so long, I got a claw cramp.” Spike’s wrist looked red and swollen.

“Hang on Spike, I’ll get you some bandages.” Nova offered as he quickly retrieved them and wrapped Spike’s wrist with his magic. “There you go, better?” He asked with a smile.

Spike smiled back. “A little, thanks Nova.”

“You’re welcome.” Nova responded back.

“Good thing we don’t have anything to report to princess Celestia this week. I don’t think I could write another word.” Spike pointed out.

Twilight seemed to get a little panicked at this. “We haven’t sent a letter to princess Celestia this week?”

Nova noticed this and got a little worried. Spike answered before he could say anything. “Why? Is that bad?”

Twilight was suddenly in Spike’s face. “Bad? Bad?! Of course it’s bad! I’m supposed to send a letter to her every week telling her about a lesson I’ve learned about friendship. Not every other week, not every ten days, EVERY…SINGLE….WEEK.”

Nova came up to her to try and calm her down. “Twilight relax, it’s no big deal, just tell her you haven’t learned anything this week.”

Twilight didn’t listen as she started frantically looking for something. “Oh, where’s my calendar, where’s my calendar?”

Spike pulled out a drawer and took the calendar out. “Where it always is.”

Twilight took hold of it with her magic and pulled it over to her with Spike still hanging on. He ended up smacking on the side of the podium Twilight was standing in front of. She started frantically turning the pages. “When did we send the last one?” She asked.

Spike answered from the floor. “Last Tuesday.”

“And today is…” Twilight trailed off.

Spike finished. “Tuesday.”

“AH!” Twilight quickly ran up the stairs and looked out her window in a panic. “No no no no no no no!” Twilight was now on her bed as she looked out the window. “If I don’t send her a letter by sundown I’ll be….*gasp* TARDYYYYYY!”

“What’ that now?” Spike asked.

Nova was curious about that word too. “Tardy?” He asked as he and Spike stood in front of Twilight.

“Tar-dy Spike and Nova, late, I’ll be late.” Twilight informed as she now lay down on her bed. “Oh, how could I have let this happen, I’m usually so organized, I’ve never been late for an assignment.” Twilight pulled the sheets of her bed over her.

Spike tried to calm her down. “Oh please, you’re the most studious student ever. I’m sure the princess will forgive you if you miss one little deadline.” He stated as he pulled the covers off of Twilight and jumped down from her loft.

Nova then spoke to agree with him while next to him. “Spike’s right Twilight, you’re getting yourself worked up over nothing here.”

“I’m afraid to take that chance you two.” Twilight stated to them. “We’re talking about the ruler of all of Equestria here, the pony who holds my fate in her hooves.” A terrifying thought entered her mind. “What if she doesn’t forgive me?”

“Yeah, I don’t think she’ll…” Spike was cut off when Twilight teleported down to him and looked him in the eyes.

“What if instead she thinks I’m not taking my studies on friendship seriously?”

Nova tried to get her attention. “Twilight, you’re…”

Twilight cut him off as she continued with her worrying and trotted around. “What if she makes me come back to Canterlot and puts me back in school and makes me prove I’m taking them seriously by giving me a test? What if I don’t pass?”

Nova was starting to get worried for Twilight, she was stressing so much about this whole letter thing and she kept going. “Twilight, please, calm down. I’m telling you your over thinking this.”

Spike then came in. “Why wouldn’t you pass….”

Twilight cut him off. “Because she’s my teacher. Do you know what teachers do to students who don’t pass?”

Nova just sighed in defeat and figured he could let her get through her panicking until he could speak to her.

A moment of silence passed after Twilight’s question. “They send them back a grade! But she won’t just send me back a grade, she’ll send me back to…..magic…kindergarten.” Twilight then went into thought and seemed to start shaking.

Nova walked up to her and took hold of her shoulders. “TWILIGHT!” He called out to get her attention. Her eyes shot open and looked at Nova. “Twilight, listen to me, PLEASE. You’re letting yourself worry too much, your just coming up with the worst case scenario for such a small thing. You need to calm down, think clearly and stop worrying. I’m telling you you’ll be fine.”

Twilight seemed to relax a bit. “Your right, I have no reason to worry.” She said with a smile.

Nova gave a sigh. “Thank the stars, I’m glad to hear you say that.”

Twilight then continued. “Because I’m going to solve a friend’s problem and get that letter to Celestia before sundown.”

Nova facehooved while Spike hung his head in defeat.

Twilight looked to the two with a smile. “Sooooo….got any problems, troubles, or conundrums, major or minor issues that I as a good friend can help you solve?”

Spike started to try and think of something. “Hmm….uhhh….huh….ah……..I got nothin.”

Twilight’s face fell at his answer, then looked to Nova. “What about you Nova?”

Nova just shook his head. “Sorry Twilight, but I don’t have any problems right now.”

Twilight gave a defeated sigh. “Then it looks like I’ll have to find some pony who does.” She was about to head out until Nova stopped her.

“Twilight, hold up.” Twilight stopped in her tracks and looked at Nova. “Since this is very important to you and won’t let up until this issue is solved, I’ll just come along and do what I can to help you out.”

Twilight smiled big. “You will? Thank you Nova.” Twilight gave Nova a kiss on the cheek in gratitude.

“You’re welcome Twilight.” Nova stated with a smile.

“This won’t end well.” Spike commented as the two headed out.

As the couple trotted through town, Twilight started talking out loud to herself. “You got this Twilight, you still have plenty of time to get that letter to princess Celestia, plus the help of a handsome stallion.” She said as she winked at Nova. He just smiled in return. “There has to be some pony around here who needs the help of a good friend.”

The two suddenly heard a loud scream. “AAAAAAHHHHHH!”

“That sounded like Rarity!” Nova pointed out. “Come on, sounds like she’s in trouble.”

They heard her scream again as they ran over to her boutique. “AAAAAAHHHHH!!”

Twilight bucked the door open and stood with a smile at the entryway. “Don’t worry Rarity, we’re here.”

Rarity was on her stage crying into her hooves. “Why me he he he, why why why? Of all the worst things that could happen, this is THE….WORST….POSSIBLE….THING!”

Nova came up to her with Twilight close behind smiling. “Rarity, what’s wrong, what has you so upset?”

“What’s happened, are you all right?” Twilight asked looking concerned now.

Rarity lifted her head, turned it to the side and put a hoof up. “I’ve lost my diamond encrusted purple ribbon! I have searched high, and I have searched low, low and high, high and low.” She finished with a cute little pout. She jumped down from her stage and onto the floor. “But I can’t find it anywhere.” She swooned as she used her magic to pull a red couch over to her before laying down on it. “Anywhere!”

Nova facehooved at that. “For the love of the cosmos, that’s what has her so upset? She just lost a ribbon? By the stars that mare likes to be dramatic.”

Twilight clapped her front hooves together as her eyes sparkled and she smiled as Rarity continued with her dramatics. “How can I possibly finish my latest creation if I can’t find it.” She stated as she cried tears.

Twilight took a proud stance and gave a smile. “Never fear Rarity, as your friend, I’ll do my best…”

Twilight’s theatrics were then cut off by Rarity. “Oh there it is.” She casually stated no longer looking sad. She trotted up to it lying on the floor. “Isn’t it just the last place you look?” She levitated it up and began snipping pieces off it.

Nova just had to ask. “Rarity, was all that really necessary over a lost ribbon?”

“But of course dear, I need it to complete my work after all.” Rarity answered.

Nova gave up on the subject.

“So, you just lost your ribbon?” Twilight asked.

“Mmhmm.” Rarity answered.

“But now you found it?” Twilight asked again.

“Yeah huh.”

“And nothing else is bothering you? Nothing that I as a good friend could help you with?” Twilight asked with a smile and one eye open.

“Hmmm.” Rarity turned her head to face Twilight. “There is one thing.”

“YES?” Twilight quickly asked.

“I think I left my measuring tape under that fabric over there, could you be a dear and get it for me?” Rarity asked as she went back to her work.

Twilight’s head hung and spoke sadly. “Measuring tape, sure.” She used her magic and levitated it over to Rarity and set it on the floor next to her before heading off. Nova followed close behind.

The two were once again trotting through town as Nova spoke to Twilight. “Ok, so Rarity didn’t really need any help. We’ll just find some pony else with a problem.”

“No need to panic, Rarity is just one pony, I’m sure one of my other friends will need me.” Twilight stated.

Nova made a suggestion. “What about Applejack, maybe she could use some help with something.”

“Great idea Nova, let’s head over to Applejack’s.” Twilight stated with a smile.

The two headed to Applejack’s place and soon came to her farm. “LOOK OUT!” Nova called as he saw a piece of wood fly at them, he stopped it with a shield and it bounced off harmlessly. They looked over and saw Rainbow Dash attacking and destroying a barn. “What in the name of the galaxy is going on here?” Nova asked.

Twilight provided an answer. “Rainbow must be angry with Applejack, she must hate her guts, how wonderful.” Twilight proclaimed happily.

This worried Nova. “Twilight, your kind of scaring me with that.”

“Come on Nova, let’s fix a friendship.” Twilight said as she made her way over to the barn. “Rainbow Dash, STOP!” Twilight used her magic to grab Dash by the tail and kept her from damaging the barn any further. “Listen Rainbow, I know your upset with Applejack, but don’t worry.” She stated with a wink and a smile. “Whatever it is that has come between you two, I, as a good friend, can help you resolve your problems.” She released Rainbow from her magic grasp.

Rainbow fell to the ground and looked up at Twilight. “Uh, what are you talking about?” She asked with confusion.

Twilight put a hoof on Rainbow’s back. “Oh rainbow Dash, you don’t have to hide your feelings from me, I can tell that you two must have had a terrible fight.”

Rainbow Dash turned to Nova. “Nova, what is she talking about?”

Nova answered. “Well, it sure seems like you’re mad at Applejack for something, why else would you be destroying her barn?”

“Because she asked me too.” She turned to a ditch that Applejack popped out of with a helmet on. “Right Applejack!?”

“Yes mam, I wanted to put up a new barn, but this one needs to come down first. Now get back to it RD.” Applejack stated.
“You got it boss.” Rainbow said happily as she shot up into the air.

“I’d take cover if I were you.” Applejack said to the two before ducking back down into the ditch.

The two looked up and saw Dash charging down at high speed. “INCOMING!” Nova shouted before grabbing Twilight’s hoof and diving into the ditch with Applejack. He used his magic to cover all three of them just in case and a loud explosion was heard, followed by a rainbow colored mushroom cloud erupting from the scene of where the barn was. Debris rained down on them, thanks to Nova’s shield, they weren’t buried in it. Applejack happily hopped out of the ditch.

“Well, so much for that.” Nova said as the two walked on back through Ponyille. “So Applejack was a bust, doesn’t mean we won’t find some other friend who needs help, right?” Nova said to Twilight to try and cheer her up.

Twilight’s mane and tail were looking a little frazzled, she didn’t let the event with Applejack and Rainbow Dash get her down. “I can’t believe we wasted all that time, we should have come here first. Fluttershy always has some fear she’s trying to get over. As a good friend, we’ll be able to help her.”

“I hope so.” Nova said out loud. “For your sake anyway, you’re really starting to worry me Twilight.” Nova thought to himself.

They approached Fluttershy’s cottage and came around to the side. They stopped there when they saw Fluttershy standing in front of a bear that roared out loudly.

“FLUTTERSHY!” Nova called out, fearing for his friend. Before he could act though, Fluttershy ran under the bear and came flying at it with a hoof, knocking it to the ground on its belly. Nova’s jaw dropped like a ton of bricks at this. “What the stars?” In mid fall, Fluttershy gripped one of the bear’s legs and was pulling on it. Both Nova and Twilight’s jaw hung open at the sight of Fluttershy actually attacking a bear. She then gave a hop and pounded all four legs into the bears back as it lay there crying and biting it’s finger in pain while pounding a fist with the other. Fluttershy then twisted the bears head and it fell to the ground limply.

Nova was stunned, he pulled his head around and started talking to himself. “What did I just see? Tell me I didn’t just see Fluttershy attack a bear.” He looked back around and saw her with a sweet smile as she was rubbing her front hooves along the bears back that now wore a contented smile.

“You really should have come to me sooner, you were carrying so much tension in those shoulders.” He heard Fluttershy say.

It took a moment before a light bulb went off in his head. “Oh thank the galaxies, she’s just giving it a massage.” Nova turned to speak to Twilight but saw she was gone. He looked ahead and saw her walking off. “Twilight, wait up!” Nova called as he galloped after her.

Later, Twilight was lying on a bench on her side in the park stroking her tail. There was a puddle of water next to the bench. Nova just sat by her looking at her with worry as Twilight spoke to herself. “It’s fine, it’ll all be fine, the day isn’t over yet.” She quickly sat up and looked at the sky. “But it will be over soon.” She noticed the sun jerk to the side in the sky. “Ugh!” She groaned out as she lay back on the bench.

“Twilight, you’re really worrying me here, why not just tell the princess that you didn’t learn anything this week, I’m sure she’ll understand. I know she will.” Nova tried to reason.

Twilight’s head was hanging upside down as she cried into the puddle. “It’ll all be over, my time in Ponyville, my advanced studies.” She quickly sat up and looked at her reflection in the water. “No no, you’re a good student, you can do this.” “But what if I can’t?” “You can, you just have to keep it together, KEEP….IT…..TOGETHER!” Twilight said with a glare to her reflection.

Nova was REALLY worried now. “Twilight, get a hold of yourself.” Nova tried to say but Twilight didn’t seem to notice him.

Spike had unnoticeably approached them with the box of cupcakes and saw Twilight’s state. “Twilight, were you talking to……yourself.” Twilight was still unresponsive. He waved a claw in front of her face. “Twilight?” She looked up and over to three fillies happily giggling as they played with a jump rope. Twilight was visibly cringing.

Nova turned to Spike. “Spike, I am really starting to worry here, she’s getting so worked up over this whole letter thing. I don’t know what to do.”

Spike approached Twilight. “SNAP OUT OF IT!” He yelled. She seemed to snap out of her state and sat there on her haunches looking dazed. “Are you ok?” He asked. “Twilight, I’m really worried, we both are. This letter thing is really getting to you.” He held the box to Twilight. “Here, you’ve been so anxious all day you forgot about the picnic. Why don’t you just relax and forget about…”

Twilight suddenly looked at Spike with a big creepy grin. “The picnic!” Both Spike and Nova cringed. “I should go see my friends.” She levitated the box out of Spike’s claws and galloped off.

“Glad you came to your senses.” Spike stated with a smile.

Nova disagreed. “I really don’t think so Spike, I’m still worried. But I’ll stick with her and do what I can to help her.” Nova took off after Twilight.

The two soon came to the area where they were to have the picnic, Rainbow Dash had on a pair of sunglasses as she lay on the picnic blanket. Twilight dropped the box just behind Dash’s head and had a big creepy grin on. By this point, her mane and tail were a total mess. The girls all looked at her with worry. Nova managed to catch up and took her side looking at her with worry. Applejack started. “You all right hun?”

“NO!” Twilight stated, no longer wearing her grin. “I’m not all right.”

“At least she admitted it.” Nova thought to himself.

“It’s just terrible.” Twilight said.

“Yes?” All the girls asked.

“Simply aweful.”

“Yes?” They all asked again.

“It’s the most horrific trouble I’ve been in and I really, really, REALLY need your help.”

“Yes?”

“My letter to princess Celestia is almost overdue, and I haven’t learned anything about friendship.”

The girls all sighed out in relief. Nova didn’t like that as he looked at them with a bit of a surprise. “Oh thank goodness, I thought something awful has happened.” Fluttershy stated.

Twilight raised her right foreleg and left hind leg and wore a shocked expression. She teleported in front of Dash, causing her sunglasses to fly off her face. “Something terrible HAS happened.” She teleported over to Rarity on a couch as she was sipping tea, Twilight’s sudden appearance caused her to spit some out. “If I don’t turn the letter in on time, I’ll be tardy!” She then teleported over to Applejack and held her with her forelegs. “TARDY!”

The girls all just snickered at her. Nova glared at them. Applejack removed Twilight’s hooves from her. “No offense sugar cube, but it looks like some pony’s getting themselves all worked up over nothing.”

Twilight slapped Applejack’s hooves away. “This is not nothing, this is everything. I need you to help me find some pony with a problem I can fix before sundown, MY WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!” She said as she looked at Pinkie.

Pinkie just laughed. “Oh Twilight, your such a crack up. HA HA HA HA!”

Applejack spoke to her again. “Come on now, have a seat and stop sweatin the small stuff.”

Twilight gave a groan, she groaned again and teleported away.

Nova finally addressed them. “What is wrong with you girls, can’t you see how upset she is over this?” He asked them all.

“Relax Nova, it’s just a letter.” Rainbow pointed out.

Nova glared at her. “It may be just a letter to you or me, but it’s important to her. Didn’t you all see how upset she is? She’s practically losing it over this. You should be more sensitive about this. Just because it seems small to you doesn’t mean it’s something big to her. You should be more sensitive to her feelings and do something to help! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go find her and try to stop her before she does something drastic.” Nova then galloped off leaving behind five guilt ridden ponies.

Nova galloped through the town to try and find Twilight. He figured he’d check the library first. He was on approach and was in luck as he saw Twilight making her way out with a doll in her grasp. He called out to her before she ran past him. “Twilight, wait up. Let’s talk for a minute!”

“No time Nova, don’t worry, I got a plan to fix everything.” Twilight stated as she ran passed him.

Nova noticed the manic smile and shrunken pupils on Twilight’s face. “Twilight, what are you up to?” Nova asked himself sadly. “That’s it, time to ask for help from the only pony I can think of that CAN help.” Nova went inside the library. “Please be here, please be here.” He took a quick glance around first. “Spike, you in here?!” Nova called.

Spike emerged from the kitchen cautiously. “Nova? Thank Celestia it’s you.” He ran up to Nova looking worried.

“What’s wrong Spike?” Nova asked upon seeing the worried expression on the little dragon.

“I think Twilight is really upset now, she had this crazed look in her eye, I’m afraid she’s about to do something bad. I was about to send a letter to Celestia asking for her help.”

“Good thinking Spike, I was hoping to do the same, she may be the only one now that can set Twilight’s mind at ease.” The two headed upstairs and Spike retrieved a parchment and quill. “Do you mind if I dictate this Spike?” Nova asked.

“Go ahead.” Spike said as he readied to write down what Nova had to say.

“Dear princess Celestia, this is Nova and Spike, we are writing to you because we are worried about Twilight. This week, she hasn’t learned anything new about friendship and she is very worried about being late with a report. So worried that we are afraid she is about to do something reckless. Please get here as soon as you can to talk to her. We are afraid at this point, you are the only one who can. Your faithful subjects, Spike and Nova.”

Spike rolled up the scroll and sent it on its way. A few moments later, the two heard a ruckus off in the distance as the sun was getting ready to set. They went to the balcony and saw clouds of dust being kicked up by ponies fighting one another in the park. “What the galaxies is going on over there?” Nova asked.

“Oh man, you don’t think Twilight might be responsible do you?” Spike asked with worry.

“I wouldn’t be surprised.” Nova stated. “I’d better see if I can go help.” Nova was about to summon his wings and fly over there, but a bright white light was seen appearing over the area. Nova stopped and saw it was Celestia. She unleashed a spell that enveloped the area and all the ponies stopped fighting. A moment later, the two saw Celestia flying in their direction. They went back inside and waited for her.

Celestia landed on the balcony and entered the library. Nova and Spike bowed to her. “Hello Spike, Nova, I got your letter and came as fast as I could. It seems you were right.” She said.

“It is good to see you princess, thank you for coming.” Nova said to her.

Celestia smiled at Nova as she noticed he didn’t seem as nervous to see her as he usually does. “Nova, are you actually not afraid of me?”

Nova rose from his bow. “No your majesty, I’m not.” He said with a smile. “I believe that with a bit of help from my friends and getting to know you a little better, I have gotten over my fear of you.”

Celestia smiled more. “I am glad to hear it.”

Twilight soon entered the room with her head hung low, Starburst had followed her in. She stood before the princess. “Princess, I’m so sorry for what happened out there.”

“Nova.” Starburst said quietly as he approached his big brother.

Nova smiled upon seeing his little brother. “Hey there Starburst, what are you doing here?”

“I was at the park with my friends when Twilight showed up and popped a ball we were playing with by appearing inside it. She had this creepy smile on and her mane and tail were a mess. She tried to get me and the others to play with this raggedy doll she had with her. I don’t remember much of what happened, but I think she used some kind of spell on it, because the next thing I knew, it was all I wanted. Then me and the others started fighting over it.”

Nova cocked an eyebrow at this. “Really? What then?”

“The princess showed up and must have cast a spell to counter whatever happened to us. She said she would take me home after a talk with Celestia so I followed her here.” Starburst finished. “What’s going on Nova, why did she look like that? And why is the princess here?”

“I’ll explain later Starburst.” Nova stated.

The two turned their attention to Twilight and Celestia. “But-but…I’m supposed to send you a letter about friendship every week. I missed the deadline, I’m a bad student, I’m….tardy.” Twilight said as she lay on the ground sadly.

Celestia spoke to try and comfort her. “You are a wonderful student Twilight, I don’t need to get a letter every week to know that.”

Twilight lifted her head up and looked at Celestia. “Really?”

Suddenly, the door to the room flew open. Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie fell in a heap, Rarity trotted in, and Rainbow Dash flew in, rolled on the floor and landed between Twilight and Celestia. “WAIT!” She called out.

“You can’t punish her!” Pinkie cried out.

“It wasn’t her fault.” Applejack added.

Nova was surprised by this. “NOW they decide to be good friends. Nice timing girls.” Nova thought to himself.

“I’m listening.” Celestia stated.

Fluttershy started as she sat in front of the princess. “Please your highness, we all saw that Twilight was upset.”

Rainbow continued from there. “But we thought the thing she was worrying about wasn’t worth worrying about.” Pinkie came up to Twilight looking sad as she rubbed her head against Twilight’s neck.

Applejack continued from there. “So when she ran off all worked up, not one of us tried to stop her, except fer Nova. He gave us a good talkin too when we just laughed at Twilight fer worrying about what she was worrying about.”

Rarity then picked up. “As Twilight’s good friends, we should have taken her feelings seriously like Nova said and been there for her.”

Fluttershy finished. “Please don’t take her away from us just because we were too insensitive to help her.”

Celestia took a moment before speaking. “Looks like you all learned a valuable lesson today.” They all sounded off in agreement. Celestia approached Twilight. “Very well, I’ll forget Twilight’s punishment on one condition.” She said as she jumped over the group and stood behind them. They all sounded off in agreement. “From this day forth, I would like you all to report to me your findings on the magic of friendship.” She leaned down to Twilight. “When, and only when you happen to discover them.” Every pony cheered in joy.

Celestia perched on the railing of the balcony and was about to take off when Twilight ran up to her. “Princess Celestia wait.” She galloped out to the balcony and stood before Celestia. “How did you know I was in trouble?”

Celestia smiled as she answered. “Your friends Spike and Nova made me aware that you were letting your fears get the best of you. I commend them for taking your feelings seriously.”

Twilight smiled as she looked back just in time to see Spike duck behind the wall and Nova just stood there with his little brother smiling. Twilight smiled back. “I’m grateful to them as well.” She trotted up to Nova and gave him a kiss. “Thank you for trying to help me today Nova, I should have listened to you when you were trying to tell me I had nothing to worry about.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it, I’m just glad you came back to your senses.” Nova stated with a smile. “Just promise me you won’t lose it like that again, okay? It was kinda scary seeing that look in your eye.”

Celestia then spoke to get their attention. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I must return to Canterlot, I’m expecting some mail.” She flew into the air and disappeared in a flash back to Canterlot.

“Ya’ll heard the princess. Spike, take a letter.” Applejack stated.

Spike pulled out a quill and parchment. Twilight gave Spike a grateful hug.

Before they got started though, Rarity spoke up. “Nova, you were right about what you said, we should have taken Twilight’s feelings seriously.”

Rainbow Dash then came in. “Yeah, we should have listened to you. And sorry again Twilight, for not helping.”

“It’s all right girls, I forgive you.” Twilight stated.

“Same here, just try to be more sensitive to others feelings next time.” Nova said.

Starburst gave out a yawn. “*Yawn*, This is all interesting, but can we go home now, I’m tired.”

Nova looked to his little brother with a smile. “Sure thing Starburst.” He turned back to the girls. “You all don’t mind do you?”

Applejack answered. “Course not, yer the one that helped us learn our lesson today, so you got nothing to add.”

“We’ll see you tomorrow Nova, sweet dreams Starburst.” Fluttershy said sweetly to Starburst.

“Good night girls. See you tomorrow.” Nova said as he and Starburst made their way out and towards home.

Author's Note:

Sorry it's been a while since I updated this fic, a lot has been going on. Hope you all enjoyed it.

PreviousChapters Next