• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,609 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,609

PreviousChapters Next
Tale of The Runaway Applejack

Tale of The Runaway Applejack

Every pony in Ponyville had gathered around Town Hall to give a big send off for Applejack. She was to compete in the Equestria rodeo tournament in hopes of winning some money to help fix up town hall after it….accidently got ruined. Nova was helping Rainbow Dash set up a banner on the building when a bolt of lighting shot down and singed the tip of Rainbow’s tail. “YOW!” She yelped.

“Rainbow Dash, are you all right?” Nova asked.

“Yeah, I’m okay, my tail got singed though.” Rainbow responded. She looked up to see Derpy jumping on a cloud making small bolts of lightning shoot out. “Now careful Derpy, you don’t want to do anymore damage then you’ve already done.” She gestured to the top of Town hall in time for the whole roof to collapse. It was already full of holes with metal beams sticking out.

Derpy paused when Rainbow flew up to her, then went back to jumping after Rainbow said what she did. “I just don’t know what went wrong.” The jump she made after her sentence caused the lightning to shock her and singed her all over. She wobbled in place with a smile.

“Yeah, it’s a mystery.” Rainbow said as she pounded a nail with a hoof into the building side to hold the banner.

“Derpy, you okay?” Nova asked.

“A okay.” Derpy responded. “No worries.” She took notice of the banner and flew backwards towards her. “Nice work Rainbow Dash.” Her flank bumped into a support beam and knocked it loose.

Both Nova and Dash rushed to stop it from falling. They struggled to hold it up but fell through the wooden floor that surrounded town hall. “Ow.” Nova said.

Derpy flew down and landed at the edge of the hole, then poked her head into it and called down. “You okay Nova, Rainbow Dash? Anything I can do to help.”

“We’re fine Derpy.” Nova called up.

Rainbow quickly flew up out of the hole and held Derpy by the shoulders. “No! Nothing! In the name of Celestia, just sit there and do nothing.”

Nova sighed as he buzzed up out of the hole.

Derpy plopped her flank down to the floor. Where she did, cracks formed around her and created another hole. She grabbed Dash just before falling in and took Rainbow with her. “Oops, my bad.”

Nova facehooved with a groan. “Wow, she seems really clumsy today.” He flew over to the hole to begin helping the two mares out.

The crowd of ponies that gathered started cheering Applejack’s name. “Applejack! Applejack! Applejack!”

Mayor Mare stood before a podium and called out to get their attention. “Can I have everypony’s attention? Attention everyone!” Once the crowd stopped, mayor Mare continued. “Yes, we are all here to send Applejack off to compete in this year’s Equestria rodeo competition in Canterlot.” The crowd cheered again as the mayor gestured to Applejack standing next to her. Applejack wore a smile and waved to the crowd. “And, I’d also like to thank Applejack for generously offering up her prize money to help fix town hall.”

“Yay Applejack, WOO HOO!” Derpy cheered from the hole. She ended up falling back into it.
Rainbow Dash stood by and just rolled her eyes.

Nova couldn’t help but snicker.

The crowd cheered again. “Speech, speech!” Pinkie Pie cheered from the middle of the crowd.

Applejack smiled as she put a hoof to her chest. “Awe shucks, I’m not much fer speeches.”

“All right then, no speech.” Pinkie dashed off.

“But…” Applejack said, causing Pinkie to rush back to her spot. “This is the nicest send off any pony could ask for. Ya’ll have been cheerin me on in every rodeo since I was a little little pony.” She looked to the mayor who wore a smile. “So, it seems only fittin, I use my winnins ta help fix town hall. I promise to make Ponyville proude.”

Everypony cheered again, along with Nova.

Nova, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack’s family, and the mayor all met up with Applejack at the train station to send her off. “Now I want ya’ll ta show them ponies what a real rodeo pony is like.” Granny Smith said.

“You betcha granny Smith.” Applejack said.

Mayor Mare pushed granny back to stand before Applejack. “And bring back all that money.” She said in a sing song tone.

“You bet ya mayor.” Applejack turned to head onto the train when Pinkie stopped her.

“And don’t forget to have fun. And don’t be nervous. Or if you are, then use that nervous energy to do even better than you already are. And be sure to eat lots of peanuts and popcorn and taffy, because taffy gives you lots of nervous energy.” Pinkie Pie held up a bag full of candy and started eating the sweets inside.

“Just do your best Applejack.” Twilight said.

“We’ll all be waiting for you to bring home the gold, or blue in this case.” Nova added with a chuckle.

“I’ll do better than my best.” Applejack said.

“The train for Canterlot is about to leave, all aboard that’s coming aboard!” The conductor called out.

“Guess that means me.” Applejack said. She turned and boarded the train.

“See ya in a week.” Rainbow said.

“With lots of new blue ribbons.” Apple Bloom said.

“And lots of money.” Mayor Mare added in a sing song tone.

“Darn tootin.” Applejack replied. The train started to pull away from the station. She found her seat and poked her head out the window. “See ya’ll in a week with a big bag of blue ribbons.”

Every pony ran with the train till the end of the platform saying their goodbyes. “And drink sassparilla!” Pinkie cried out. Everypony looked to her in confusion. “What, it gives you extra sass.” She explained.

One Week Later:

All of Applejack’s friends and family had gathered at the barn on Sweet Apple Acres to set up a party to welcome Applejack back and congratulate her on her winnings even though they don’t know for sure she won anything. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were setting up a banner together. “Oh, I hope Applejack will be surprised by this surprise party.” Fluttershy said.

“Well that is the point.” Rainbow pointed out as she got a ribbon from a box and flew back up.

“I know, but I hope she isn’t so surprised she’s startled.” Fluttershy said as Rainbow Dash tossed one end of the ribbon to her. “Because while being surprised can be nice, being startled can be startling.” She came down to the ground once the ribbon was in place.

“SURPRISE!” Pinkie suddenly yelled as she appeared in front of Fluttershy causing her to fall backwards and onto her back.

“Oh Pinkie, you startled me.” Fluttershy said.

Pinkie Pie helped Fluttershy back up. “Sorry, I was just practicing my surprise for when we surprise Applejack with this surprise party to celebrate Applejack becoming Equestria rodeo champine. SURPRISE!” All while she was talking, Pinkie hopped past Fluttershy and suddenly appeared in front of her again from above when she yelled surprise, causing her to fall back again.

“Pinkie, be careful, you might give Fluttershy a heart attack.” Nova said as he was helping with a few decorations. He and his family were there helping everypony set up the party as well.

Twilight was at the barn door looking out. “Quiet Pinkie, I think Applejack is coming.”

Pinkie Pie jumped behind a stall with Apple Bloom. “Don’t worry Twilight, got my lips all limbered up.” She started stretching out her lips in goofy ways. Apple Bloom just looked at Pinkie Pie with an annoyed glare.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash hid in a pile of hay up in the loft while every other pony scrambled to hide. Starburst giggled in anticipation. “This is gonna be great.” He said in a whisper.

Once everypony was hidden, the lights flicked off. Soft hoof steps were herd approaching and the door opened. The lights flicked on and everypony yelled out. “SURPRISE!”

“Surprise! Shoot.” Pinkie was late.

A unicorn stallion wearing a mail pony uniform stood at the door. “Wow, this is the best surprise ever. how’d you know it was my birthday?” He asked. He opened his saddle bag with his magic and produced a small letter.

Twilight looked at him angrily and took it in her grasp before ducking back into the barn and slamming the door on him. Pinkie quickly opened it back up and dropped a slice of cake for him.

Twilight walked to the center of the room as she opened the letter. “Who’s it from Twilight, what’s it say?” Apple Bloom asked.

Twilight began reading the letter. “It’s from Applejack. Dear family and friends. Not coming back to Ponyville. Don’t worry, will send money soon.” She turned it around for others to see. “That’s all there is.” Every pony gasped.

“Why would Applejack not come back to Ponyville?” Nova asked.

“Applejacks…not comin back?” Apple Bloom asked sadly.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were hovering overhead. “What do ya mean Applejack’s not coming back?” Rainbow asked. “She loves Ponyville.”

“And she loves sweet Apple acres.” Granny Smith added.

“And she loves her family!” Apple Bloom declared.

“Something dreadful must have happened to Applejack to not let her return.” Rarity said.

“What if she’s hurt, or sad, or scared.” Fluttershy said in worry.

“So what are we waiting for, let’s go find her.” Rainbow said.

“WAY AHEAD OF YOU!” Nova yelled as he was already out the door and almost half way down the road. He stopped and looked back. “HURRY UP EVERY PONY!”

“Don’t worry, we’ll search all of Equestria if we have to.” Twilight said to everypony.

The girls soon left and joined Nova as they headed for the train station. After a lengthy ride to Canterlot, the group made their way to where the rodeo was held. As soon as they arrived, they spread out, each with a picture of Applejack, and asked every pony they could find there if they had seen her. With each no, things were starting to look hopeless and they all gathered at a table with a picture of Applejack lying on it. Finally, one pony approached them and said yes and told them where to find her. They were directed to a place out in the barren part of Equestria.

They boarded the train to the town they were directed to and headed straight there. “I hope this lead doesn’t turn out to be another dead end. I don’t want to go home empty-hooved after promising we’d find Applejack.” Rainbow said.

“You and me both Rainbow.” Nova said.

Pinkie Pie was groaning about something and had her hind hooves crossed as she sat in her seat, looking like she was straining with something.

“I don’t know how we’ll break it to the apple family.” Fluttershy said.

“I don’t know how we’ll break it to Ponyville.” Twilight added.

“I don’t know how I’ll make it to the next stop.” Pinkie said.

“I asked if you needed to go before and you said no.” Nova said.

“Because I didn’t need to go before, but now I really do.” Pinkie said.

The train soon arrived at the station and everypony started to disembark. “This is Dodge Junction, everypony. Applejack is supposed to have come here after the rodeo ended, let’s fan out and find her.”

Pinkie Pie rushed past the group and rounded a building to a bathroom.

Nova rolled his eyes with a smile. “I told her so.”

“Come on, let’s get to looking.” Twilight said.

They started walking when Pinkie suddenly rushed back bouncing and cheering. “I found her, I found her, I found her, I found her, I found her!” The group followed her to the corner she had rounded before and she pointed a hoof to a pony.

Applejack was walking along and looked up at the group in surprise.

“Applejack!” Everypony cried and rushed over to her, swarming her with questions. “Oh Applejack, thank heavens.” Rarity started.

“We’re so glad you’re safe.” Fluttershy said.

Pinkie continued bouncing and cheering. “I found her, I found her, I found her!” On the third one, mid-bounce, she froze in mid-air and crossed her back legs. “Be right back.” She zipped off again right for the bathroom.

Applejack looked her friends over in a bit of confusion. “Uh, hey everypony, what’s up?”

“Applejack, we were so worried about you, what happened?” Nova asked.

“Why didn’t you come back to Ponyville?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, why are you here?” Rarity asked.

“Are you okay?” Fluttershy added.

Pinkie returned to the group. “Do you have any snacks?”

“Tell us what happened.” Twilight said.

Applejack’s eyes shifted side to side with her mouth open as she tried to think of what to say.

Her thoughts were interrupted as a new pony appeared and called out to her. She was an earth pony mare with a two tone red mane done up and red tail with an off white coat and cherries for a cutie mark, green eyes, and a small dot on her right cheek appeared. She was wearing a kind of yellow hair band with cherries on it and a pink ribbon tied like a bow around her neck. “Applejack, are these some of your Ponyville friends?” The mare asked from the top of a few steps in front of a building.

Applejack responded with a smile. “Yes mam.”

Rarity looked to the mare with curiosity. “And you are?”

The mare responded with a smile as she came down the steps. “Why, I’m Cherri Jubilee, boss of Cherry Hill Ranch. Hasn’t Applejack told ya? I saw her compete in the Equestria rodeo. Never seen so many ribbons in all my life.” Cherry bragged.

Applejack gave a small blush. “Awe shucks miss Jubilee. You don’t have to go into all that.”

Jubilee waved a dismissive hoof. “Aw, she’s so modest. Anyway, I could always use a pony with quick hooves and a strong back. So when I heard she was lookin for a change of scenery, I snapped her up as quick as I could and brought her here to Dodge Junction. Well, I’ll let you catch up with your friends. See you back at the ranch.” Cherri walked away to let the group have a talk.

Rainbow hovered in front of Applejack and eyed her suspiciously. “change of scenery? What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked.

“Yeah Applejack, what’s up?” Nova added.

Applejack started walking. “No big deal guys. I thought cherries would be a nice change from apples. So I took the job and came here. That’s it, end of story.”

“That’s it?” Pinkie said. “That’s a terrible story.

“I don’t think so Applejack.” Nova said as he got in front of her. “There’s something you’re not telling us. What is it? If something is wrong, you can tell us.”

Applejack circled around Nova and continued on. “Sorry, but that’s all there is to tell. Thanks fer checkin up on me, but ya’ll can go home now. Tell my family “hi” And that I’m doin A-OK.”

Rainbow Dash flew in and blocked Applejack off again. “Excuse me, AJ, but we didn’t travel all over Equestria searching for you just to come home without you.”

Applejack walked around Dash and continued. “Well I didn’t ask you ta come lookin’ fer me! There is nothing to tell, and I am not going back to Ponyville!” She said forcefully, making it clear she wasn’t about to budge on the issue.

The six friends let her walk off to talk amongst themselves to try and make sense of what might be going on. “I don’t care what she says, Applejack is not telling us something.” Twilight pointed out.

“I agree, she is definitely hiding something.” Nova said. “But what? What could be going on that would make her not want to come back home? It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Twilight and Nova are right.” Rainbow declared. “We need to find some way to get her to spill the beans.”

“What? She has beans?” Pinkie asked. “I told her I was snacky!” She said in frustration.

“Come on everypony, let’s go find out what’s going on.” Twilight said. They rushed off towards Jubilee’s cherry ranch.

Applejack stood before a big wheel she could step into that would power a nearby conveyer belt with Cherri Jubilee standing before her. “You ready to put yer back into it Applejack?” Cherri asked.

“Yes mam.” Applejack responded with confidence.

Cherri smiled at the response. “Terrific, come on in girls and fella.”

Twilight, Nova, Pinkie, rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash walked in after Cherri called for them, all wearing white aprons and hats.

Applejack whinnied in surprise. “What are you all doin here?”

They took their places at the conveyer belt as Twilight answered. “We’re your cherry sorters. Shall we get started?”

“Fine.” Applejack replied sourly.

Cherri Jubilee pointed out two bins on the other side of the conveyer belt. Both were white, but one had a picture of a red cherry on it while the other had yellow cherries. “Red Cherries go in one bin, and yellow cherries go in the other. Simple as cherry pie. Just remember one teensy little thing, have fun!” Cherri cheered before leaving.

“What are you six up to?” Applejack asked suspiciously.

“Nothing, honest.” Nova answered.

“You just made working on a cherry orchard sound…so delightful.” Rarity added.

Applejack didn’t seem to believe them very much as she replied with a simple, “Uh-huh…..well just remember, no talkin about Ponyville.”

“Fine, why don’t you quit talkin and start walkin.” Rainbow said as she tapped her hoof on the conveyer belt.

Applejack began walking to move the conveyer belt. It started bringing in red and yellow cheeries and each pony pushed the cherries from the conveyer belt to the appropriate bin. After a moment, some of the girls and Nova exchange glances with one another as a kind of signal to start talking.

Twilight was the first to speak. “So, AJ, how was Canterlot?” She received a harsh glare from Applejack in response. “Not talking about Ponyville, talking about Canterlot, totally different town.” Twilight quickly responded.

“Canterlot was fine.” Applejack replied in a short curt response.

“Was the rodeo fun?” Twilight asked again.

“Yes.” Applejack responded shortly again. It was clear she didn’t want to talk at all.

Twilight moved from the conveyor belt over to Applejack. “Did you meet some nice ponies there?”

“Some.”

Rainbow suddenly flew over in excitement and hovered in the air. “Reall?! Did you see Wild Bull Hickock? What about Calamity Mane?”

“Yes, saw em both.” Applejack responded in the same tone, keeping her sentences short.

Rainbow continued looking at Applejack with a smile expecting more information. Applejack just looked at her in a way saying she wouldn’t say anything else on the matter which made Rainbow glare.

Rarity soon joined the two with a question of her own. “And how did you meet miss Jubilee?” Nova walked over with Rarity.

“Um, well, miss Jubilee had a cherry stand at the rodeo, real good treats.” Applejack’s pace quickened after her answer, causing the conveyer belt to move faster.

“Um, excuse me.” Fluttershy said. She and pinkie were starting to have a little trouble keeping up with the cherries as they came faster.

Applejack started listing off the different cherry treats at Jubilee’s stand. “Cherry winks, cherry cheese cake, cherry tarts, we struck up a conversation bein orchard folk and all.”

“So you told her about Sweet Apple Acres?” Twilight asked.

“Yes.” Applejack responded, her pace picking up more.

“Did you tell her why you weren’t going back?” Rainbow asked.

“No, cause it was none of her business.” Applejack replied angrily, clearly getting more irritated with the questions which only made her go faster and making it more difficult for Pinkie and Fluttershy to keep up as tons of cherries started coming through.

“Can you please slow down?” Fluttershy asked. Sadly, her please went unheard.

“Is it because I made it rain on you that one time?” Rainbow asked.

“No.” At this point, Applejack was now running on the wheel.

“Help!” Fluttershy cried. Pinkie Pie started scooping up the cherries and placed some on Fluttershy’s hat. She also tried eating them and went to the end of the conveyer to catch them in her mouth.

“Was it because I accidentally burned down one of your apple trees when I tried that apple picking invention to help with your harvest?” Nova asked.

“No!” Applejack replied.

“Is it because you were insulted when I gave you that book on organized orchards?” Twilight asked.

“No!” Applejack replied again harshly.

“Is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?” Rarity asked.

“No, no, NO! I’m not tellin ya’ll why so just-“ Applejack started when Fluttershy suddenly called out.

“Stop!”

Applejack screeched to a halt stopping the wheel and conveyor belt so suddenly, it sent the large number of cherries flying at her. Nova acted quickly and jumped in front of Applejack, he quickly put a square shield up and managed to stop the barrage of cherries from hitting Applejack. She winced at first in preparation when she saw them coming. The cherries struck the shield and everywhere else. The girls were lucky they didn’t get any on them, but there was now a big mess to clean up.

Applejack stepped off the wheel after Nova dismissed his shield. Nova looked back to Applejack. Applejack in turn averts her gaze to avoid eye contact. “Uh, thanks Nova.” She then leaves the room.

Everypony in the room gives a sigh before beginning to clean up the mess. Nova was next to Twilight mopping up some cherry goo. “So much for that tactic.” He said as he looked to Twilight.

“We seem to be striking out.” Twilight added.

Rainbow hovered over to the two. “That’s cause we’re playing too nice.”

“Yes, desperate times do call for desperate measures.” Rarity said.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her front hooves together with an evil grin. “It’s time to bring out the big guns.”

“Hold on girls.” Nova interjected. “I know we all want to find out what’s going on here, but before we resort to drastic measures, just let me try to talk to her alone.”

“Do you really think you can get her to open up, Nova?” Twilight asked.

Nova looked down a moment as he responded. “I don’t know, but I would like to at least try. Just give me a chance, then we’ll use that method if I fail, okay?”

Twilight gave a smile. “Okay, good luck Nova.” She gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

Nova smiled in response. “Thanks Twilight, I’ll be back soon to let you know how it goes.” He then left to find Applejack and try to talk to her.

Nova soon found Applejack in the cherry orchard bucking the cherry trees and knocking the cherries into the baskets set up under them. “Hey Applejack, can we talk?”

“We’ve done enough talkin, I ain’t tellin ya why I’m not coming back so just ferget it!” Applejack responded angrily as she started walking off.

Nova galloped after her and got in front of her to stop her. “Applejack wait, please, just give me a few moments and hear me out. Listen to what I have to say and if you still won’t talk after, then I’ll leave, promise.” His eyes were pleading for Applejack to just listen.

Applejack took a moment to think before giving a sigh. “Fine, what do ya want to say?”

“Applejack, we’re your friends, and we’re all worried about you. If there’s something wrong, we want to help. I know you tend to be stubborn, but your stubbornness is causing a lot of hurt here. Your family misses you terribly and we all want you back home. If you can’t tell the others why, then tell me. I once trusted you with the biggest secret I had. When I found out Starburst told you about me and him being aliens and I confronted you, I trusted you to keep my secret till I was ready to tell the others. I trusted you, so can’t you trust me? whatever it is, I won’t say a word unless you want me too, and I won’t think any less of you. Please Applejack, we’re all worried about you and want to help.”

Applejack’s scowl slowly faded into a frown. She looked to the side after Nova’s speech. She gave a heavy sigh. “All right Nova, I’ll tell ya, but you can’t tell the others about this and ya can’t make me come back, deal? I want ya ta pinkie promise ya won’t say a word about this.”

“All right Applejack, if it will finally get you to talk. I cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye, I promise not to say a word to the others about what you are going to tell me.” Nova went through the motions of a Pinkie promise.

Applejack hesitated a moment before talking, still unsure if she wanted to or not. “I…I…I didn’t win any blue ribbons at the rodeo.” She said quickly.

“What?” Nova asked with a cocked brow.

“I tried my hardest there, I came in fourth, third, even second, but I didn’t win a single blue ribbon, let alone any prize money. I was so ashamed I couldn’t come back home, I just couldn’t.”

Nova gave a smile. “Applejack, so what if you didn’t win a blue ribbon or prize money? We don’t care about that, we care about you.” Nova emphasized by pointing at Applejack and poking her in the barrel. “You are Applejack, the apple bucking pony of Ponyville. We don’t care if you’re the strongest or the fastest. We care about you. You don’t need some blue ribbon to make us proud of you. And we can always find another way to fix town hall. In fact, I’ll bet it could be done for free if everypony pitched in.”

Applejack was getting a little misty eyed during Nova’s speech. She gave a sniffle and rubbed her nose with her right foreleg. “You…you really mean that?”

“Of course I do. We just want you back home in Ponyville, with or without a blue ribbon. So, what do ya say, will you come home back to Ponyille?”

Applejack’s smile grew. She took Nova in a hug with a few tears in her eyes. “Of course, thanks Nova. I’m real sorry fer worryin everypony.”

Nova hugged back with a smile. “Don’t worry about it.

“Darn it! Now you’re getting me all sappy.” Rainbow’s voice sounded from some nearby bushes.

Applejack quickly broke the hug and looked around. “What the hay?”

Nova gave a chuckle. “Cover’s blown girls, come on out!”

Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie emerged from the bushes. Rainbow Dash was the only one not smiling and Pinkie Pie had tears in her eyes holding a handkerchief. She blew her nose in it. “That was so sweet.”

“What in tarnation are ya’ll doin here?” She looked to Nova with a small scowl.

Nova raised his front hooves in defense. “Hey, don’t look at me, I didn’t know they were there.”

Applejack dropped her scowl and replaced it with a frown and hung her head. “Gals, I’m real sorry fer worryin ya like I did. But now you know why. Can ya ever forgive me?”

“Oh Applejack, we already have.” Fluttershy said. She then initiated a group hug with Applejack that everypony got into. “Now, let’s all go back home.”

“Hold on girls.” Nova said after the group hug was broken. “We do still have some work to do here for Cherri Jubille. I don’t think it would be right for us to just up and leave when we promised to help her with her work.”

“Oh, that’s right, good point Nova.” Twilight said. “All right everypony, you heard him, let’s get to work.”

“Aye aye!” The girls responded before splitting off into groups.

Nova went off on his own at first, but soon found himself joined by Twilight and Applejack. “Nova, thanks fer getting me ta talk back there.” Applejack said. “I should have known ya’ll wouldn’t care about all that stuff with the ribbons and such.”

“Of course we wouldn’t care.” Twilight said.

“Yeah.” Nova said. “It’s like I said earlier, we care about you, not your accomplishments.”

“I’ll be sure ta keep that in mind.” Applejack said.

“Applejack, could you give us a moment alone please?” Twilight asked.

“Want some alone time with yer fiancé huh?” Applejack asked with a smirk. “All right, I’ll go get ta buckin a few cherry trees.” She walked off to leave Nova and Twilight alone.

“So….what’s up?” Nova asked as he looked to Twilight.

“I think it was very nice how you talked to Applejack like that. You really have a way with words.” Twilight said.

“What can I say? I just said what I felt in my heart.” Nova said with a smile.

“Well I think it was brilliant.” She leaned in and kissed Nova on the lips. They both closed their eyes and enjoyed the loving moment for a few seconds before breaking the kiss.

“That never gets old.” Nova said with a small chuckle.

Twilight joined in the mirth with a chuckle of her own. “Come on, the sooner we get done, the sooner we can go home.” They went off to begin work.

It was a long hard day of working in the orchard, but thankfully, the ponies got their jobs done just as the sun was setting in the distance, painting the sky in hues of orange and purple with a few clouds drifting by lazily. Cherry was nice enough to let the ponies stay the night at her ranch until they had to leave in the morning.

The next morning, everypony was gathered around a large table enjoying a nice fulfilling breakfast of pancakes. “It’s a real shame ta be loosin ya so soon, Applejack.” Cherri said.

“I know mam, but I got family back home waitin fer me.” Applejack replied.

“I know, I know, family is important. But ya’ll are welcome back here anytime ya want ta just visit.”

“We appreciate the offer miss Jubilee.” Nova said.

“We’ll be sure to take you up on it and throw a big coming back to visit Cherri Jubilee party!” Pinkie cheered.

“I’ll be lookin forward to it.” Cherri responded.

After breakfast, every pony pitched in to help clean up. They bid farewell to Cherri and headed for the train station. They boarded the train bound for Ponyville and were on their way home. Along the way, Applejack gave her thanks to Nova again. “Nova, I gotta thank ya again fer talkin to me earlier, I think you helped me learn a lesson here.”

“I’m glad to hear it Applejack.” Nova responded.

“I’m definitely gonna write to the princess about it.” Applejack said in return.

The train soon pulled into the station and Applejack’s family was the first to greet her when she stepped out. Apple Bloom jumped up and landed on her back, followed by Granny smith, then Big Mac, and finally Winona. They all laughed together, happy to be reunited again.

Once things settled, Applejack went on home with her family and every pony went their separate ways, except for Twilight and Nova who decided to spend some time together. “That was a nice little trip.” Nova commented. “See the sights, work on an orchard, convince a runaway friend to come home.” He added jokingly.

Twilight giggled at the comment. “Heh heh, yeah, it was a nice trip. I hope next time, it won’t be to find a friend that decided to run away for whatever reason.”

“You and me both.” Nova said. “They took a seat at a table outside a café and ordered a couple drinks.

“Nova, do you think you’ll ever be ready to tell Celestia about where you really came from? I don’t really like keeping secrets from her, and I just know she won’t care.” Twilight said in a soothing tone.

Nova looked to the side a moment. “I’m sorry Twilight, I don’t know when I’ll be ready. I have been able to tell a few other ponies about my secret so far, but Celestia….she’s the princess of this country. She wields incredible power along with her sister. You may say she won’t care, but I don’t know if I can take that chance.”

Twilight placed her left hoof on his and gave a smile. “I understand Nova, I guess it will just take a bit more time.”

“Sorry Twilight.” Nova said sadly with a small smile.

Twilight shook her head. “It’s fine Nova, don’t worry about it.”

Later that night, as Nova slept, he had another odd dream. “Huh….wh…where am I?” He looked around and saw blackness with small white points off in the distance like stars. Something else in the distance caught his attention. Two massive figures were flying at great speeds towards him. One was the goddess Galea. “Goddess Galea?” She was being chased by a large black figure with white eyes and had massive black wings like a demon. Galea held a small planet hovering between her hooves while trying to launch created planets at it to slow it down. Once in a while, one or two would hit while others missed.

Without even trying, he was following the two as they flew through space. “Whoa! What is going on here!?” Nova asked.
He followed the two for a long time as the black monster tried firing black energy blasts at Galea while she did her best to dodge and block while keeping the planet safe. Nova managed to get a good look at it and gasped in surprise. “No….it can’t be…is that….Equinia?” Realization dawned on him as he came to the conclusion Galea was trying to protect his home world from a giant evil space monster.

“You will not take this world Nexus!” Galea cried out.

“The last free world will be mine Galea, give it up!” The beast roared out. As the chase went on, the stars seemed like they were growing closer and closer together.

Eventually, the stars were very close to one another but there was still a lot of room to move around for the goddess and demon. Galea stopped and glared at the black demon. “You will never bring darkness to the universe!” She declared.

“You cannot hope to stop me, I am more powerful than you.” Nexus retorted.

“If I cannot destroy you, I can at least imprison you.” Galea said before the stars began moving and got even closer. They began surrounding Nexus.

“What? What are you doing!?” Nexus cried out. He tried to slip by some of them but received shocks of powerful energy that forced him back. “NO! I WILL NOT LET YOU WIN!”

“You don’t have a choice Nexus! It is over! From now on, these stars will be your prison and you will remain here for all eternity, never to harm another world ever again.” Galea said.

Nexus chuckled. “You think you’ve won? You think the power to move stars is yours alone? I will break free one day, and I will bring darkness to the galaxy and rule all.”

“If you should break free, I will stop you again just like before. You will remain here at the center of the galaxy for all eternity. Farewell Nexus.” Galea said before vanishing away to leave Nexus alone.

“I will break free, and I will rule the galaxy. Wouldn’t you agree Nova?” Nexus asked as he looked right at where Nova was.

Nova gasped in surprise. At the same moment, he woke up and shot up in bed panting heavily with sweat running down his face. He looked around frantically to see he was still in his room next to his little brother who slept soundly. Nova buried his face in his hooves and gave a sigh. “What was that? Why do I keep having these nightmares?”

Author's Note:

Hey guys, first off, I would like to apologize for this chapter taking so long to be released. I’ll try to get the next one out sooner, but I do have other fics in the making. Anyway, hope you liked it and let me know what you thought.

PreviousChapters Next