• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,588 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,588

PreviousChapters Next
Runaway Dragon

Runaway Dragon

It was evening as Nova and Starburst were getting ready to join their friends for a kind of picnic tonight. There was going to be a meteor shower tonight and Starburst was very excited to see it despite the fact he’s never seen one before, but Nova explained it to him and that was enough. “Come on Nova let’s go, I don’t want to miss this!”

“All right Starburst, calm down, I’m coming.” The two dawned their pony disguises and headed out. The sun had set and the moon and stars were out.

“Nova, are you sure we’ll be safe from this meteor shower, it sounds kind of dangerous too.”

“Don’t worry Starburst, we’ll be fine, it’s just a bunch of space rocks falling through the planet’s atmosphere and burning up. It’s a real sight to see.”

“Have you ever seen one big brother?”

“I did once, before we lost our home. But never mind that, lets meet up with the others.”

After crossing the bridge and nearing Twilight’s place, they saw her and Spike coming out with Spike pulling a wagon full of stuff for the picnic.

Nova broke into the conversation. “Hello Twilight. Hello Spike.”

“Hello Nova, Starburst, you ready for the picnic?” Twilight asked happily.

“You bet, I can’t wait to see this!” Starburst cheered with a hop.

Nova cut in. “So you said that this event occurs only once every 100 years?”

“Yep, it’s really amazing.”

“I’ll bet.”

The four soon reached the hill where their friends were waiting. Twilight started wondering about the disappearance of a book. “I was sure I put the astronomers guide back, the book would have helped me identify different planets and stars tonight.”

Spike offered an answer. “Well, maybe someone borrowed it, you don’t need that book. Besides, you can already name all the stars because you’re super smart and astronomically awesome.”

“Thanks Spike, you’re such a flatterer.” Twilight gave a smile.

“Nah, he’s just telling the truth. But he did leave out the part about how pretty you are.” Nova offered.

Twilight blushed a little. “Thank you Nova.”

Starburst gaged a little. “Too….much….mushiness.” He faked gagging and fell over on his back with his tongue hanging out and his eyes closed.

Nova smirked at his fake dead brother. “Very funny Starburst, get up and let’s go.”

Spike snickered. Starburst got back up on all fours.

They finally reached the top of the hill and were greeted by the other girls and the CMC. Spike started setting up the picnic as Starburst greeted his friends. “Hey girls, what’s up?”

“Hey there Starburst, glad you could make it.” Apple Bloom greeted.

“Are you kidding, I wouldn’t miss this for the universe.”

After spike got the picnic set up and set out a bowl of fruit, Rainbow Dash immediately picked up an apple and started eating it. “Wow Twilight, you’re so lucky to have such a rad assistant. I wish I had someone to do whatever I told them.”

Scootaloo zipped over to Rainbow Dash. “Ooh ooh, me, me, me, me, I’ll do whatever you want Rainbow Dash.”
Starburst rolled his eyes. “Oh brother.”

Rainbow Dash smirked. “Oh yeah pipsqueak, how about taking out the trash?” Rainbow tossed Scootaloo the remains of the apple she was eating.

“Yes mam.” Scootaloo gave a hop, picked up the apple core and ran off.

Rarity walked up next to Dash. “Do we have Spike to thank again for this amazing spread, isn’t he just amazing.” Rarity commented as the others all gathered around. The girls attention was all focused on Spike.

“Awe come on.” Spike said looking bashful. When no other praises were thrown at him, he asked for them. “I said come on.”

Pinkie moved in and gave him a noogie. “Ho little Spikey wikey, who knew dragons started off so cutsey wootsie.”

Starburst gagged a little at the affection. Sweetie Belle giggled at his reaction.

“Spike you are such a little star that I just had to make this little bow tie for you.” Rarity levitated up a red bow tie encrusted with gems and placed it around his neck.

Spike gave a smile. “Awe gosh, you guys are embarrassing me, stop it.” He waved a claw. “Nova, Twilight, your turn.”

Nova started. “Nice try Spike, but I think that’s enough praising.”

Twilight agreed. “Yes Spike, we don’t want you getting a swelled head.”

“Oh, all right.” Spike responded.

“Hey every pony, the show is starting!” Sweetie Belle Exclaimed.

The group all lined up to watch the show. Sweetie belle and Apple Bloom climbed onto their sisters backs to get a good view. At the end of the line was Nova and Twilight. The sky was soon filled with shooting stars, their faces aglow from the light show before their eyes. To Nova’s surprise, Twilight leaned in on him as she watched. Nova first looked at her with surprise, but soon turned into a smile. He wrapped a foreleg around her and pulled her closer.

Starburst was at the other end of the group with Scootaloo. He saw her close her eyes for a moment. When she opened them, Starburst asked her a question. “Scootaloo, what were you doing just now?”

“Making a wish, if you make a wish on a falling star, it’s supposed to come true.”

“Really? What did you wish for?”

“If I told you, it wouldn’t come true. Don’t you know how to make wishes?” She asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“I’ve never made a wish before, how do you do it?”

“Simple, just close your eyes and think ‘I wish’ then think what you want. It’s easy, try it.”

Starburst looked up at the sky filled with the shooting stars. “I don’t see how wishing on falling rocks will grant a wish, but I suppose it’s worth a try.” Starburst closed his eyes and lowered his head. “I wish me and Nova could see our mother and father again.” Starburst opened his eyes again. “So how long does it take for the wish to come true?”

“I don’t know, I think it depends on the wish.”

“Oh, well I guess I’ll just have to be patient then.” So Starburst watched the show in silence and wonder as the others did.

As the show went on, Nova couldn’t help but remember something from his past.

“Dad, come on hurry, you’re going to miss it!” Nova called to his dad from their balcony.

“I’m coming Nova, I’m coming. Starla, are you coming?” Nova’s father asked his wife. His skill sign was of a large telescope.

“I’m coming Cosmos, hold on, it’s not easy for me to walk with a baby growing in me.” She responded with a smile as she got up from her seat on the couch. Her skill sign was of a shining star.

Cosmos went to aid his wife to the balcony. “Hold on, let me help you.” He took to her side and held her foreleg in his as they walked to join their son on the balcony.

“I can’t believe I get to see a meteor shower, I’ve never seen one before.” Nova stated with a smile. "I just wish my baby brother could have gotten here sooner so he could see it.”

“Me too son.” Cosmos stated. “Don’t worry, there’ll will be another at some point in his life, he’ll get to see one someday.”

The family of three were gathered on the balcony with two moons in view one white, one red. The town before them was of all metal domed houses, some with metal balconies much like the one the family now stood on. In a matter of moments, the night sky lit up with streaks of light as the shower started. They glittered and sped through at great speed. “WHOA, look at that, this is so cosmic!” Nova cheered.

“Nova, why don’t you make a wish?” Starla suggested.

Nova looked to his mother in confusion. “Make a wish?”

“They say if you make a wish on a falling star, it will come true.”

Nova gave a smile as he turned back to the night show. “I don’t need to wish for anything, I have everything I need, I’ve got great friends, wonderful parents, and a baby brother on the way. I don’t need to wish for anything. I’m happy with what I have.”

“I’m glad to hear it son.” Cosmos responded. The three continued to watch the stars in the sky.

“Oh! Oh my.” Starla called out.

“What’s wrong Starla, are you ok?” Cosmos asked with concern in his eyes.

Starla gave a smile. “I’m fine, the baby just kicked.”

“Really, can I feel?” Nova asked.

“Of course, come here Nova.”

Nova made his way next to his mother and placed a hoof on her side. He felt the little baby inside give a kick. “OH!” Starla called out again. “There he goes again, did you feel it Nova?”

“Yeah I did, I can’t wait to meet him.”

Nova was brought out of his thoughts by Twilight. “Nova, are you all right?”

“Huh, yeah, I’m ok, why?”

“You look sad, is something wrong?”

Nova gave her a smile as he responded. “Just remembering something is all. I’m ok really.”

Twilight returned the smile and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “That’s good, you had me worried there.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you.” They resumed their gazing at the show in the sky. “Make a wish huh, might as well give it a try.” Nova closed his eyes and thought to himself. “I wish mom and dad could be here with us.” He opened his eyes again. “I just hope their at least ok and safe. I really miss them.”

Once the show was over, the group just talked amongst themselves and enjoyed the food provided. “That was some show Twilight, I’m glad I got to see it with you.” Nova stated.

“I’ll say, that was an amazing sight. I’ve never seen anything like it before.” Starburst cheered.

“I’m glad you two enjoyed it.” Twilight responded with a smile.

Pinkie ate the last of the cookies at the picnic by flipping them into the air and eating them up. “Mmm wow, these cookies are DE LISH!”

“Spike Made them.” Twilight pointed out. “Speaking of. Spike, can you bring us some punch?” No reply came. “Spike?” Twilight tried again.

Spike was then spotted asleep with his head in the punch bowl. Rarity started cooing. “Oh, poor little thing.”
Twilight continued. “Oh, he’s worked himself to the bone.”

Pinkie then made an observation. “And now the punch has been…..SPIKED!” This got every pony to laugh at her little joke.

Once the laughter died down, Nova made an offer. “Twilight, would you like some help cleaning up all this?”

“Thank you Nova, I would.” So Nova, Twilight, and Starburst worked together to get everything packed up.

Nova walked Twilight back to her house and said their goodnight with a kiss. “Good night Nova, see you tomorrow.”

“Good night Twilight. Sweet dreams.” With that done, Nova and Starburst made their way back home and went to bed for the night.

Morning arrived and the two went about their morning routine before Starburst left for school and Nova got to work on a gem for a pony. “Well, time to get to work I guess.” He said to himself as he made his way to the wall closet next to his work table. It opened up and Nova took out a large clear crystal. “Maybe I should try and recreate my first work, see how it turns out.” Nova set the rough looking spherical gem onto his table and took out his tools to begin work.

After a while, he managed to recreate his first work and made it look better than before, the gem was smooth and perfectly round with the sonic rainboom looking like flames moving about in a slanted circle within the gem. “Wow, I really outdid myself with this, I can’t wait to show the others, and I just know this is going to become popular as well. I’m just glad it was easier to make this time compared to last time, though back then, I was still little and not as good with my magic as I am now.”

Nova went to retrieve his saddle bag and headed out with his new creation in one of his bags. As he drew closer to Twilight’s place, he noticed the girls were all gathered around Twilight for some reason. Once he got close enough, he heard Pinkie Pie speak up. “Oh, what a fantastic flufflicious friend. I’m hooked.” Pinkie joked.

Nova finally noticed the owl on Twilight’s back. “Hey girls, what’s going on?” He asked on his approached.

Rainbow Dash was the first to greet. “Hey there Nova, Twilight got herself a new owl friend.”

“Isn’t he so cute?” Fluttershy asked.

“When did you get an owl friend Twilight?” Nova asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Last night, while I was doing some late night studying, a scroll I was working on got blown out the window. This owl here got it for me and returned it. I offered him a place to stay for the night and we just clicked.”

“Well that’s real nice.”

“He’s just wonderful.” Fluttershy commented.

“He’s just wonderful.” Spike mocked from a window sill above holding a book. Spike noticed the ponies looking at him and he quickly changed his tune. “Uh, yes, wonderful. He is quite…….the charmer.” He said the last part through clenched teeth.

Rarity started in then. “And Owlowicious is such a star, I just had to make this little bow tie for you.” Rarity levitated up a bow tie similar to the one she gave Spike before and placed it around the owl’s neck.

The owl just looked at it seemingly uninterested. Spike then started to steam with anger a bit then stormed into the library, slamming the window shut behind him.

Nova seemed to pick up on his actions as he raised an eyebrow. “Uh oh, looks like Spike might be jealous.”

“What’s he so saddle sore about?” Applejack asked.

Rainbow seemed to share the same thoughts as she pointed out what Nova was thinking. “He’s probably just jealous of Owlowicious.”

Fluttershy then came in. “Maybe Spike feels threatened or worried Owlowicious will replace him.”

Twilight didn’t share in their thoughts. “Replace him, HAH, that’s crazy. Spike knows he can’t be replaced.”

Nova interjected. “I don’t know Twilight, he seemed pretty upset there, maybe you should go ahead and reassure him about that anyway.”

“Nova, relax, he’ll be fine.”

Nova gave a sigh. “All right, if you’re sure. Anyway, I wanted to show you all something.”

“Really? What is it, what is it?” Pinkie asked excitedly.

“Take a look.” Nova used his magic to open his saddle bag and levitate out the gem he made. “What do you think? I managed to recreate my first work and improve on it.”

“Oh my heavens darling, it looks better than the first one you made.” Rarity complimented.

“Wow Nova, it looks just like the real thing only smaller.” Rainbow pointed out.

“Oh my, it’s so pretty, you did a great job Nova.” Fluttershy added.

“Thanks girls, I thought you might like it.” Nova then turned to Rarity. “Rarity, I’m counting on you to advertise this one for me so others will know what they can expect if you don’t mind.”

Rarity gave a smile. “Of course not darling. I’d be more than happy to help.” Rarity took the gem in her own magical grasp and started for home. “I’ll see you all later then, I need to get to work on a few designs.”

The girls all said their goodbyes and went their separate ways to take care of their own things, Twilight just walked into her own house after saying good bye to Nova.

With nothing else to do, Nova decided to go ahead and grab lunch at Sugarcube Corner. Good thing he remembered to pack a few bits with him as well before heading out.

Once inside, he was greeted by Mr. Cake, the co-owner of the place. “Hello there Nova, welcome to our bakery.”

“Hello Mr. Cake, how are you today?”

“Just fine thank you. How about you?”

“I’m fine, I just came by for lunch.”

Mr. Cake gave a smile. “Well then, what would you like?”

“I’ll take a milkshake and…..four doughnuts with sprinkles please.”

“Sure thing, Cupcake, one milkshake and four sprinkled doughnuts please.” Mr. Cake called to the back.

“Coming right up.” Mrs. Cake called back.

Nova paid the required amount and took a seat at a table to wait. As he waited, Derpy came in and was on her way to the counter when she noticed Nova. “Nova, hey there.”

Nova looked to Derpy with a smile. “Oh, hey Derpy, how are you today?”

“I’m fine thanks, what are you up to?”

“I’m just here to grab lunch, I’m guessing you’re here for the same reason?”

“Yep, just give me a sec and place an order and I’ll join you.” Derpy then went to the counter and placed an order for food. After, she joined Nova at the table he was sitting at. “So anything new going on with you?”

“Kind of, me and Twilight are a couple now.” Nova said with a smile.

“Really, that’s great, I hope you two are happy together. You make a nice couple.”

“You really think so?” Nova asked with a bit of surprise.

“Sure do.”

Nova’s smile returned. “Thanks Derpy.” He then seemed to frown a little again as he turned his head to the side.

Derpy saw this and frowned a little herself. “Nova, what’s wrong?”

Nova looked back to Derpy. “It’s nothing, I’m ok.”

“Come on Nova, you can tell me, we are friends aren’t we?” Derpy asked with a smile.

Nova found it hard to say no to those cute crossed eyes. “Well, I don’t know if you would be able to help with this problem I have.”

Derpy gave a smile. “You never know unless you try, go ahead.”

“…..its…..its just that……well…..*sigh* I kind of have this secret I’ve been keeping from every pony and I want to let it out eventually, but I’m afraid that if I do, then no pony will want to be around me anymore. Especially Twilight.”

“Why would a secret you keep do that?”

“It’s a big secret Derpy, one I can’t tell any pony. At least not until I feel more confident I can let it out, but even then, I just know I’ll still be afraid to tell. The girls I hang out with most already know this so I guess I can tell you this as well. I’m not from Equestria originally. And I’m afraid if I tell them where I’m from, then me and my little brother will have to leave.”

Derpy just kept smiling. “Nova, your being silly, no pony here will care about where you’re from, we only care about who you are. And from what I’ve seen about you, you’re a wonderful pony. You’re a good friend who’s smart and caring. If you told me where you were from, I wouldn’t care either, promise.”

Nova smiled at Derpy. “You really mean that?”

“Of course I do. We may not get to see each other very much, but I have seen enough of you to know that is how you are.”

“Thanks Derpy, it helps to hear you say that, we really should hang out more often.”

“I’d like that.” Their food soon came out and the two continued to eat and chat some more.

Once their meal was done, they left together and said their goodbyes. As Nova walked passed a corner of the bakery, he saw Spike standing at a side door with Pinkie sticking her head out. Spike was trying to ask for a quill but Pinkie kept tossing other things that weren’t what Spike was looking for. After confessing she didn’t have a quill, Spike started to leave until he spotted Nova. “Nova, I need your help.”

Nova raised an eyebrow. “What’s wrong Spike?”

“I need a quill, I don’t suppose you have one do you?”

“What do you need a quill for?”

“For Twilight, she broke her last one and I’m trying to get a replacement. Please tell me you have one.” Spike was sounding desperate.

“Spike calm down, why is this so important?”

“I have to show Twilight I’m her number one assistant, if I don’t , she’s going to replace me with that new owl.”

Nova closed his eyes and gave a sigh. “*sigh* I was afraid of this.” He opened them again and looked at Spike. “Spike, listen to me, Twilight isn’t going to replace you, she cares about you too much. I don’t know much about what’s going on between you, her, and that new owl, but I know for certainty that the owl isn’t going to replace you. Trust me, you’ll be fine.”

Spike still seemed unsure. “You really think so?”

Nova gave a smile. “I know so, maybe you should go tell Twilight about how you feel so she can tell you herself that you aren’t going to be replaced.”

Spike still seemed unsure. “Still, I just have to find her a quill, thanks any way Nova, see you around.” Spike then raced off in his quest to find a quill.

Nova watched with worry as Spike ran off. “Oh Spike, maybe I should try to talk to Twilight about this before things get worse. But then again, it may have to wait until tomorrow, I do have a lot of work to catch up on. I just hope things don’t get worse than they are until I can try to settle this.” Nova then went on home to continue with his work.

Things were uneventful until the next day when Starburst went to school again and Nova made a few last touches on one of the gems he was working on. Once finished, they were finally ready to deliver to Rarity. He packed them up, put on his necklace, and headed out.

Upon his arrival, he was just in time to catch Rarity on her way out with her cat. “Hello Rarity.”

“Oh, hello Nova, what brings you by?” She asked with a smile.

“I have some gems ready for you.”

“Splendid, but I’m afraid your timing is bad, I’m on my way to Fluttershy’s for a tea party, I don’t want to be late. However, I do have a few more orders for you.” Rarity produced a scroll with a list of orders for him. “I do realize it’s a lot and I am sorry, but you know how it is.”

“It’s fine, I’ll drop off these gems later and get to work on some of these. I’ll see you later then.” Nova took hold of the scroll with his magic and held it in front of him as Rarity went on her way.

As Nova was looking over the scroll he heard a bang behind him, he looked to Rarity’s door but saw nothing out of the ordinary. He just shrugged and continued to look over it a bit more. After he got to the bottom of the list, he rolled it up in his magic and placed it in his bag. But out of the corner of his eye, he saw something.

Nova quickly looked in the direction and saw Spike wearing a top hat, a black cape, and a fake mustache looking rather shifty. “Spike, what are you doing?” Nova called out to him.

Nova’s voice seemed to startle Spike. “YAH, OH, uh, hey Nova, nothing really.”

“Spike, what is with this get up, why are you wearing all that?” Nova asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, you see, I thought Rarity would like it, but she isn’t home so I’ll just be on my way.” Spike was obviously nervous about something.

“Spike hold on.” Spike stopped in his tracks. “Spike, I can tell something is bothering you, it’s this whole owlowicious thing isn’t it. You can come to me about anything you know.”

“Thanks for the offer, but you don’t have to worry, I got everything under control.” Spike gave a wicked smile.

“So you told Twilight how you’re feeling about Owlowicious?”

“No, but I don’t need to. Trust me, everything is fine.”

Nova wanted to press further but he needed to get to work on the orders he just got. “Spike, please promise me you’ll at least talk to Twilight about this before you do anything rash.”

“Nova, I can handle this, you have nothing to worry about, now if you’ll excuse me, I have something to do.” Spike then ran off.

Nova just shook his head and went on home. There just wasn’t anything he could do at the moment.
Nova just worked on through the day and night soon fell, Starburst had gone on to bed as he worked a bit more. After a while, Nova decided to finally stop working and head to bed for sleep. Before he could though, there was a knock at the door. “Now who could that be?” Nova put on his necklace and answered the door. A very worried Twilight stood before him.

“Nova, I need your help!”

“Whoa, Twilight calm down, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Spike, he ran away and I don’t know where to find him, please help me look for him.” Twilight pleaded.

“Ran away?! By the stars I was afraid of this, I should have said something sooner. I’m such an idiot.” “All right, just give me a minute to leave a note for Starburst in case he wakes up while I’m gone.” Nova went inside and found a scroll to make use of. Once he wrote out the message, he went off with Twilight to her place to look for any idea where he might have gone.

Upon approach, Nova spotted red splotches on the ground that looked like foot prints. “Twilight, look, I think these are footprints, but why are they red.”

“That must be ketchup from when Spike tried to set up Owlowicious.”

“Come on, lest follow them, they’re sure to lead us to Spike.” Nova lead the way with Owlowicious flying overhead.

“I just don’t understand why Spike would try to make Owlowicious look guilty and run away like this.” Twilight thought out loud.

“I think I do.” Nova stated.

“Really, why?”

“Because he felt threatened, he thought your new pet here was going to replace him. I saw how he was reacting and I could have said something sooner, but I didn’t. I’m such an idiot.”

Twilight became saddened. “No, I’m the idiot, I should have been more sensitive to Spike’s feelings. Now because of me, he ran away.”

“Don’t say that Twilight, it’s partly my fault to. When I realized what was going on, it should have been my responsibility to say something but I didn’t. Don’t worry, we’ll find him.” Nova gave Twilight a reassuring smile. Twilight returned the smile. The trail soon led them to the Everfree forest.

They continued to follow the trail and it led them to a cave. “Spike must be in there.” Twilight stated. After which, a loud roar was heard coming from within. “Oh no, SPIKE!” Twilight was about to run in when Nova stopped her.

“No Twilight, it sounds like there’s a dragon in there, it’s too dangerous. You wait out here, I’ll go get Spike.”

“But Nova…” Twilight tried to object.

“No buts, I’m not about to let you risk yourself, just wait out here and I’ll get Spike. I promise we’ll be fine.” Nova then rushed in to find Spike. He came in just in time to see Spike get cornered by a large green dragon. Thinking his wings would come in handy, he zapped them in and called out to get the dragon’s attention. “HEY SCALE FACE, OVER HERE!” It worked as the dragon turned to him.

“Another trespasser!”

“You leave him alone you brute, he’s just a baby dragon!”

“He was eating MYGEMS!” The dragon roared out before shooting fire at Nova. Nova managed to jump up in the air to dodge the flames. Nova then started zipping around the dragon as it helplessly swatted at him.

“Spike, get out of here now!” Nova called to Spike. Nova shot a beam of magic at the side of the dragon’s neck. It didn’t leave any marks but it did cause the dragon to call out in pain.

“YAAAAAHHHH!” Spike took the opportunity to head for the exit where he saw Twilight waving at him frantically.
“Spike, over here!”

Spike wasted no time. Nova took a chance to look and see if Spike was safe. Once he saw Spike reach Twilight, he headed for the exit as well with the dragon on his tail.

Spike had jumped onto Twilight’s back and she started galloping off. Nova caught up with them as he continued to fly just in time to avoid a blast of fire, but the dragon was not about to give up.

Nova continued to fly just behind Twilight as the dragon chased. “It’s too dark, I can’t see!” Twilight cried out. Owlowicious took the lead and showed Twilight and Nova around fallen branches and trees as he weaved. Eventually, the dragon ran into some trees it could not get passed on the ground. It reared up in anger and breathed fire into the air. Eventually, the group got out of the forest and had a moment to catch their breath.

Nova dismissed his wings as he and Twilight were panting while Owlowicious perched on a nearby tree and Spike climbed off Twilight’s back. “Spike, we were so worried about you, I was so worried about you.” Twilight started. “I’m so sorry Spike, I know why you ran away and I’m really sorry. I should have been more sensitive to your feelings.”

“You do?” Spike asked looking at Twilight sadly.

“I do, you felt jealous of Owlowicious and was afraid he was taking your job, but that isn’t the case Spike, he’s just here to help out a little at night. You’re a baby dragon and you need your sleep. I can’t expect you to stay up all night. He isn’t your replacement Spike, no one could replace you, even when you are being a jealous numbskull.” Twilight finished with a smile.

Spike returned the smile. “You really mean that?”

“Of course I do. You’re my number one assistant after all.”

Spike then hugged Twilight, which she gladly returned. “And I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have been jealous.”

“It’s fine Spike, I should have been more sensitive to your feelings.”

Spike then turned to Owlowicious. “And Owlowicious, I know now that you weren’t out to take my job, forgive me?”

“Hoo.” Was the owl’s only response.

“Me, forgive me, Spike.”

“Hoo.” Was all Spike got in response.

Spike turned to twilight with his shoulders raised as he shook his head in confusion.

Twilight laughed. “Hm hm, he forgives you Spike.”

Nova finally cut in. “Well, I’m glad this had been resolved, can we head home now, I’m exhausted.”

Twilight came up to Nova. “Nova, thank you so much for helping me find Spike and rescuing him, how can I ever repay you?” Before he could answer, Twilight started moving her head in for a kiss.

Nova was just more than happy to oblige.

Spike just turned his head around in disgust. “Ewe.” Once they were done. Spike walked up to Nova. “Nova, thank you for saving me from that dragon, I really owe you one.”

Nova waved a hoof. “Forget it buddy, just remember, if you’re having any problems, feel free to come to me for help.”

“Will do. So how did you guys know where I was?”

Twilight answered. “It was your ketchup covered feet. Nova spotted them when I went to him for help and we followed them all the way to the cave.”

Spike smiled. “Oh yeah, the ketchup, it looked pretty real though didn’t it?” Twilght just shot him a look. Spike just gave a nervous laugh in response. “Uh, heh heh heh.”

“Come on guys, lets head on home.” Nova stated. The group headed on back to Ponyville. Once there, they went their separate ways after saying their goodnights, Twilight giving Nova another kiss as a thank you which he was more than happy to receive. Finally, Nova went on home feeling tired and went on to bed for a good night’s sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, to my followers, sorry it took so long to get this next chapter out, I hope you all enjoyed it. I’ll try to get the next chapter out sooner.

PreviousChapters Next