• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 380 Views, 2 Comments

The Adventures of Kaela Fie and Caelus Storm - Caelus Storm



Caelus Storm gets sucked into a world of adventure after meeting a young filly in the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
 2
 380

Part 9: Home

The Adventures of Kaela Fie and Caelus Storm

Part 9: Home

Kaela Fie woke from pleasant dreams. She couldn't remember what she had been dreaming about, but she had been happy. Opening her eyes revealed the hospital room she had been staying in. The doctors said she needed to stay a couple of days to make sure she was healthy. Storm was almost constantly by her side. Which reminded her...

"Storm?" she said with a yawn. Her eyes scanned the room. There was an iron helmet on a chair in the corner, but other than that, there was no sign of the pegasus. Kaela closed her eyes. She could sense Storm's presence, which meant he was still in the building. He wasn't startled or angry, so he wasn't in trouble.

The door was pushed in, and Storm entered. He had a tray balanced on his back. Kaela's mouth started to water as the smell of warm syrup filled the room.

"Oh good, you're awake," Storm said. "Sorry if I worried you, I went to go get breakfast." He set the tray down in front of her, and gave her a nuzzle. "I brought waffles, your favorite."

Kaela reached over and wrapped her forelegs around Storm's neck. "Thank you," she said, then turned her attention to the tray in front of her. She closed her eyes in pleasure at the first bite, mumbling something incoherent as the warm waffle, syrup, and butter tickled her taste buds. She would never go without waffles again. In less than five minutes the plate was cleaned of waffle bits and syrup.

A knock on the door caused Storm to look up. A Royal Guard stuck his head in the door. "Miss Kaela Fie, you have visitors."

"Uh...ok," Kaela said. She was a little unnerved by how all the guards treated her like she was royalty, but she didn't have time to dwell on it as two familiar fillies entered the room. "Dinky! Wisty!" she said.

"Windy!" they cheered in unison. They reared up, putting their forehooves on the bed to be at her level. They almost immediately bombarded her with questions.

"Are you all right?"

"What happened?"

"Were you really foalnapped?"

"Did your dad really come to rescue you all on his own?"

"Do you have any snacks?"

"Girls, why don't you give her a chance to answer you," Summer Breeze said gently.

The rapid fire questions had startled Kaela, which in turn caused her wings to flutter. Both the other fillies gasped, and even Summer Breeze and Ditzy Doo raised and eyebrow.

"Y-you're an al-alicorn?" Dinky said, slipping into her stutter.

Kaela looked at Storm. He nodded. "Uh...yeah," she said. Her ears drooped. "You aren't mad at me, are you?"

Wisty and Dinky both shook their heads. "Why did you keep it a secret though?" Wisty asked. "We're your friends. You can tell us anything."

"Well, Princess Celestia didn't want me to tell anypony. She said I would be safer that way," Kaela answered. She sat up a little straighter. "But that's in the past now. So...hi. My name is Kaela Fie. Nice to meet you."

the next several minutes were spent talking with her friends while they told her everything that had happened while she had been held captive. Kaela told of how Storm had heroicly come to her rescue, and how Princess Celestia herself had escorted them back to Canterlot. However, the time came when her friends had to leave. Kaela promised that they would get together after she got out of the hospital.

Around lunch time there was another visitor. This one was one of Luna's Night Guards.

"Eve? What are you doing here?" Storm asked.

"It's my shift to make sure you and Miss Kaela aren't disturbed by the snooping nobles," Hallow Eve answered. She smiled. "Also I wanted to make sure that both of you were well. And to inform you that the Princesses would like to speak with both you and Miss Kaela when you are released from the hospital."

Storm nodded in thanks. Kaela had yet to look away from the Night Guard.

"Are you a vampony?" she asked, more curious than scared.

The bat pony, Eve, smiled, showing off her fangs. "Indeed, I am. I feed on little fillies and colts that get lost in the night."

Kaela's eyes widened, then narrowed. "That's not true," she stated. "Is it?"

Hallow Eve laughed. "You've got a bright filly, Storm," she chuckled. To Fie, she said, "No, it's not true, Miss Kaela. My kind is herbivorous, though most of the food in Hollow Shades is fruit. No, I'm not a vampony, Miss Kaela, just an ordinary chiroptequus. Or bat pony, as most ponies call us. I should return to my post. I will see you later."

Kaela watched the Night Guard depart then turned to Storm. "She seems nice," she stated with childlike simplicity.

* * *

Kaela was released from Canterlot Hospital later that afternoon, and the doctor told Caelus to make sure that she took it easy and got plenty to eat over the next few days. Hallow Eve lead Caelus an Kaela to the Royal Palace, a nod from the Night Guard gaining them entrance. The three equines waited outside the throne room for an audience with Princess Celestia. It wasn't long before some of the nearby ponies noticed Kaela's wings and horn. What began as a few whispers soon had the whole room abuzz with softly spoken conversations.

Kaela shrank down, making herself small. Caelus could feel her apprehension, and draped a wing over her back, whispering comforting words. Eve took a position between Fie and the crowd, her expression neutral but her eyes flashing dangerously, daring anypony to come near. The ponies quieted down, but there were still whispers here and there. Caelus nodded his thanks to Eve.

An earth pony mare emerged from the throne room, followed by two unicorn stallions. "Caelus Storm and Kaela Fie, the Princess will see you now," the mare said. The whisperings rose in volume, but Caelus and Fie had already entered the throne room, the doors closing behind them.

Caelus bowed. Kaela followed suit.

"Rise, both of you," Celestia said.

Caelus stood up and approached the base of the throne. Celestia descended down the steps, followed by Luna,who had appeared from seemingly nowhere.

"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna," Caelus said.

"Caelus Storm and Kaela Fie, thank you for coming on such short notice," Celestia said. "There is one thing I'd like to clear up before you head back to Ponyville."

"Yes, Princess?" Caelus said.

"This actually concerns the necklace that young Kaela bears," Celestia said. "How did you come across it? It appeared while both of you were unconscious."

"My mommy gave it to me," Fie said. "She said it was part of my inheritance."

"When we were unconscious, we met two alicorns in a place they called the spirit plane. One said her name was Fate," Caelus started.

"Mother," Luna breathed.

"And the other?" Celestia asked, her tone full of emotion.

"The other called herself Kaia Alicornus Terrara," Caelus said.

Luna gasped. Celestia breathed.

"Is something wrong?" Caelus asked.

Celestia shook her head. Luna answered, "Kaia Alicornus Terrara was the Alicorn of Earth. And our younger sister."

Caelus blinked. "Oh," was all he said.

"Wait. Doesn't that make you and Celestia, like, my aunts?" Kaela asked.

Celestia chuckled, wiping a tear from her eye. "It does, I suppose," she said. "Do you want to be a Princess of Equestria? you could help us with all the paper work, and go to parties with stuffy nobles."

Kaela shifted. "Um...no thanks," she said. "I'll stay with Storm." She stood closer to Caelus.

"Well then, thank you for coming, Caelus, Kaela," Celestia said.

"Thank you, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna. For everything," Caelus said, bowing low.

"You're welcome, my little ponies," Celestia said. "Now go, I'm sure you have other plans for this evening."

"Good evening, Your Majesties," Caelus said.

"Good night," Kaela said cheerfully.

* * *

Kaela sat next to Storm as the pegasus drawn carriage flew towards Ponyville. He had been moving things back to his house over the past few weeks. He had decided to let Kaela finish the semester at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Even after her absence, she passed her final exams, if not with confidence. She had said good-bye to her friends, promising to write and visit them often.

Some instinct told her they were descending, and Kaela looked over the side. She hadn't seen much of Ponyville last time they were in town. Now she had a view of the whole town. She could see the schoolhouse, the library, and even their destination. The landing carriage drew the attention of a few ponies, but they went about their daily business. Storm jumped out of the carriage, thanking the guards as he picked up his saddlebags.

Kaela jumped out too, then levitated her saddlebags and Blue onto her back. Storm opened up the front door of the house.

"Hey, Fie, you coming?" he asked.

"Mm-hmm, coming," she said. She trotted over to Storm, nuzzling him.

He nuzzled her back. "Welcome home, Fie."

Author's Note:

End of Book 1 of The Adventures of Kaela Fie and Caelus Storm. Whew, this took a long time. Well I delivered on time. It's the day of Christmas Eve, and here we are! Finished!
I'm going to take a bit of a break from writing these stories, and hopefully focus on a different project for a little bit. It's been fun, and Caelus and Kaela will return soon. Until then, go visit them on their blog HERE.
Kaela: Bye, everypony! See you soon!

-C.Storm

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment