• Published 26th Feb 2012
  • 878 Views, 11 Comments

The Equestrian Adventurer - Kasterter



an adventurer finds himself in ponyville, but he stays for a little longer than he initially wanted.

  • ...
 11
 878

Friends in Peril

It was three months after I had arrived in ponyville, and the date of my birthday was coming. I had not told any of the ponies about it, except for one that I had met awhile back, that pony's name was Doctor Whooves, or “The Doctor” as he liked to be called. He said that he had been on many adventures with many ponies of many kinds, which made us instant friends.

“You really think that she likes me, Doctor?” I asked.

“I believe that she does, I think she likes your adventurous personality!” The Doctor said, almost jokingly.

“Why don't you think that she has asked you out yet then?” I asked, taking his statement seriously.

“Oh, I have not told her about my adventures, I don't usually talk about them.” He said.

“Okay, but are you sure that she likes me?” I asked.

“Very. You really don't see how she looks at you when you talk to her or when you walk by?” He asked.

“I never noticed because I was too lost in my thoughts I guess.” I said.

“I have one question for you.” asked the Doctor.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Do you love her?” he asked.

“... I don't know, I don't think I'm ready after Trixie left, not yet.” I said.

“I know that you do somewhere deep inside, I can tell, I can read you like a book!” he said.

“I know that you know me well, but this time, I'm just not sure if you are right or not. I mean, I like her as a friend, almost as a sister, but not like that.” I said.

“I don't want to argue, lets just go to the library and check out some books! I heard that Twilight has some new adventure stories there!” he said.

“Okay, reading a book always helps.” I said.

After a few minutes of walking towards the library, we are stopped by familiar voice shouting.

“Kast! Something happened at Sweet Apple Acres! Applejack and Dash are hurt!” yelled the voice, turning around to see that it was Spike.

“Okay, lets go!” yelled the Doctor.

We ran as fast as we could towards Sweet Apple Acres, hoping that the worst has not happened. When we got there, we saw that the barn was completely collapsed.

“What happened?!” I yelled.

“I don't know, but Applejack and Rainbow Dash are still inside!” yelled Twilight.

“I'm going in!” I yelled as I charged towards the collapsed building.

“I'm coming with you!” yelled The Doctor, who was slightly behind me.

We ran in at full speed, trying to find the two missing ponies. As we were rummaging through the debris, I saw a small rainbow blob, it was Rainbow Dash. I cleared all of the rubble and I put her on my back, running for the exit. She was as limp as a noodle, I feared for the worst. As I was running out of the collapsed building, I tripped on a wooden board, hitting my head and dropping Rainbow Dash, and knocking me out.

“Are they okay Nurse?” asked the voice of Twilight, as I was waking up.

“Kast seems like he will be just fine... Dash on the other hand....” said Redheart.

“What happened...?” I asked.

“Kast! You are awake!” said Twilight.

“Tell me what happened to Dashie!!” I said.

“She broke a leg, three ribs and a wing, she wont recover very fast, but she will be up and flying again in awhile.” said Redheart.

“That's good, I feared the worst. Wait! What about Applejack?!” I yelled.

“Calm down, she is in even better shape than Dash, she is even awake!” said Twilight.

“Okay, sorry, I just like to know how my friends are doing after something like that happened... speaking of which, what exactly happened?” I said.

“Nopony knows, not even Applejack.” Twilight said.

“Thats odd, and we can rule out the possibility that she is just lying, at least nopony died.” I said with relief.

“Nurse?” I asked.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Am I okay to go and say hi to Applejack and Dashie?” I asked.

“Sure! You are not injured, so go right ahead, I will lead you to Applejack's room now.” Redheart said.

We started walking down the hallway and walked into a room and on the bed was Applejack.

“Hey y'all!” Applejack said as we walked in.

“Hi Applejack, how are you feeling?” I asked.

“Oh, alright. You should really be checking up on Dash, she is the one that needs the most support.” she said.

“You sure?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, go on and say hi for me when she wakes up!” Applejack said.

We followed Nurse Redheart through even more hallways and we came up to a room and walked in, seeing Rainbow Dash in many casts and with a couple tubes in her, she had just woken up.

“Hey Dashie! How are you feeling?” I asked.

“What do you think?” she asked.

“Oh yeah, right. That was a stupid question.” I said.

“Yeah, it kinda was. Hey, who got me out of there? All I remember is stuff falling on me and then everything went black.” she said.

“Well, The Doctor and I ran into the rubble, and I found you and got you out on my back, and then I tripped and I got knocked out. I assume that The Doctor got Applejack and I out.” I said.

“Wow! Really? Thank you so much!” she said.

“Hey, it's no problem, friends help friends, no matter what the possible outcomes are.” I said.

“Well, she needs to get her rest now, so I suggest that you two leave.” Nurse Redheart said.

“Okay, see ya tomorrow! Oh yeah, and AJ says hi!!” I said as we walked out.

Comments ( 1 )

finally! another chapter! :rainbowkiss: (dont ask why i used that emoticon)

Login or register to comment