• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 3,561 Views, 274 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles II - L_Wolf



The sequel to Starbloom Chronicles, this story follows the new adventures of Starbloom and her friends.

  • ...
2
 274
 3,561

Chapter 30

~*{Chapter Thirty}*~

Starbloom sat at her desk quietly writing down what she learned from the evidence she had found. She also made a list of items she would want to keep wit her when she investigated again. She usually kept paper and pencils with her, but she also felt it might be a good idea to keep her magnifying glass with her, as well as a camera and envelops.

She used her magic to take down her microscope down and used it to look at the hairs she found more closely. She didn’t see anything special about them other than what she had already knew. If she could get a sample from Silver Spoon she could try to match them to her, but other besides that there wasn’t much she could do with them.

Starbloom took out a folder, stored her papers, and envelopes with the evidence she collected into it before putting the folder away. She was about to get out a book on investigation but her mother called her down for dinner. “Coming mom, I’ll be down in a minute.” She called back getting up from the desk and started downstairs going to the kitchen.


“Have you learned anything new from your investigation?” Twilight asked when Starbloom came into the kitchen.

Starbloom shook her head going over to the table and taking a seat, “Nothing I did already know. The evidence still points to Silver Spoon being the one that took the scooter… but I’m having a hard time believing she managed to pull it off at least without a unicorn’s help and I didn’t see any evidence of another pony being at the scene.”

“Don’t worry dear, you’ll figure it out. You just need time to relax and think it through logically, if your evidence points to a unicorn then maybe you should look for a unicorn with a similar mane color to Silver Spoon.” Twilight smiled at Starbloom setting a plate in front of her.

“I suppose, but I don’t really know any ponies my age with that mane color, other than Silver Spoon.” Starbloom sighed softly as she thought about the fillies and colts her age. Silver Spoon was the only one she could think of that had that color mane.

“What about her sister? She’s a unicorn you know.” Twilight suggested.

Starbloom almost choked on a carrot but she managed to swallow it coughing a bit. “S… sister? I didn’t know Silver Spoon had a sister, I’ve never seen her at school before.” Starbloom stammered surprised to learn that Silver Spoon had a sister.

“Really? I thought that at least Diamond Tiara might have mentioned her before. From what I understand, her mother sends her to school in Canterlot but she comes to Ponyville for the summer. Her name is Silver Blade.” Twilight explained to Starbloom who was genuinely surprised to learn all of this.

“No, Diamond Tiara never mentioned any of this about Silver Spoon… but she doesn’t talk about her that much to us. Nevertheless, even if Silver Spoon has a sister with the same mane color… I don’t know why she would want to steal Scootaloo’s scooter.” Starbloom sighed softly shaking her head lightly.

“Don’t stress yourself out over it dear, I’m sure the answer will come to you.” Twilight smiled at Starbloom. “Remember to think it over logically and follow the evidence that do have. If you have to go back to where the scooter was taken from to search for more evidence, and try to find witnesses. Maybe some pony saw the scooter being taken.”

Starbloom smiled at Twilight. “Of course mom, you’re right, I need to think this through and try to find more evidence and maybe some witnesses. But it is starting to get late, so I’ll wait till tomorrow to go back Sugar Cube Corner.”

“Alright dear, have a good night.” Twilight said getting up from the table having finished her dinner. She went to the main hall of the library to do some research before bed.

Starbloom herself sat at the table sipping some tea while thinking, Spike cleared the table while she was lost in thought. “Starbloom, are you going to stay at the table all night?” He asked finally.

“Huh? Oh, no I’m not.” She smiled at Spike getting up. “Good night Spike,” She said heading to her room while Spike went to do the dishes. She was still having a hard time wrapping her head around the idea of Silver Spoon having a sister and not hearing about it.

“I wonder why, I never heard of Silver Blade…” She mused after turning out the lights and lying down, “Why does she go to school in Canterlot and not here in Ponyville?” She shook her head trying to clear away the nagging thoughts.