• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 3,561 Views, 274 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles II - L_Wolf



The sequel to Starbloom Chronicles, this story follows the new adventures of Starbloom and her friends.

  • ...
2
 274
 3,561

Chapter 27

~*{Chapter Twenty-Seven}*~

The first part of class went by with smoothly, Starbloom started to feel a little stiff from sitting at her desk but she didn’t say anything. She figured that once lunch came she could move around and work out the stiffness.

Lunch did eventually roll around and Starbloom got up to go outside with the rest of her friends heading to their table. Starbloom stretched herself to work out the stiffness before joining her friends at the table.

“So now that one of us crusaders has gotta cutie mark what should we do?” Apple Bloom asked looking around the table while the small group of fillies unpacked their lunches and spread it out over the table to share with the rest.

“Well, of course the first thing we should do is congratulate Sweetie Belle on finally getting her cutie mark.” Diamond Tiara smiled, “Regardless of the circumstances of how it came to be it’s still a wonderful achievement in her life.”

“Of course, we’re proud of her for getting her cutie mark.” Scootaloo grinned, “Maybe we can get Pinkie Pie to throw her a party for it?”

Sweetie Belle’s eyes went wide and she shook her head a lot. “No, no, no that’s okay I don’t want a party.” She declined quickly blushing brightly. “Not… that I wouldn’t appreciate one of course.”

The others chuckled softly before Noi spoke up looking at Starbloom, “How are you feeling Starbloom? I noticed you started to look uncomfortable in class.”

“I’m alright Noi, thank you. I just started to get a little stiff from sitting in place for so long.” Starbloom smiled.

“Speaking of cutie marks,” Sweetie Belle smiled looking at Noi, “You got yours not that long ago, but I don’t think you ever said what it’s for.”

“Oh yea,” Noi smiled looking at her cutie mark, a notepad and magnifying glass, “It’s for investigative journalism. I joined the school paper last year just for fun, but I really got into it and earned my cutie mark after uncovering that story about who was really stealing pencils from the desks in school.”

The others nodded smiling, “Yea, who would have thought it was a mouse,” Apple Bloom giggled, “Fluttershy was happy to take it home with her though.”

“Ever figure out why it was taking pencils though?” Scootaloo asked tilting her head, “It just seems kind of strange for a mouse to want pencils.”

“Well, when they found the pencils they had been stacked up to make a wall, with a bunch of food behind it. So I guess he was making a food store out of them.” Sweetie Belle suggested smiling.

“I guess that makes sense, sort of, just glad I got my Wonderbolts pencil back it’s my favorite one.” Scootaloo smiled before looking up hearing the bell ring to let them know lunch was almost over.

“We should get ready to go inside girls.” Apple Bloom suggested the rest of the girls nodding as they got up and cleaned off the table packing the lunch bags and disposing of any trash before they went back inside.

Starbloom was still feeling a little stiff but moving around helped so she stretched herself out before going back into the schoolhouse and to her desk in the classroom to finish the rest of the school day.

The second half of the school day went as quietly as the first half, though Starbloom found harder to pay attention, as the day dragged out the stiffness grew more uncomfortable and harder for her to ignore. Luckily the bell rang to dismiss class and she got up getting her saddlebags.

“I’m going to head home now; I’ll see you girls later.” Starbloom smiled at her friends after she got herself ready.

“Do you want to go to the clubhouse and hang out?” Apple Bloom asked tilting her head.

“Yea we’re going to have some fun and we doing to get to that often lately.” Scootaloo added looking at Starbloom.

“I’m sorry girls I would but, I need to go home.” Starbloom sighed softly. “I’m still feeling stiff and a little sore.”

“Well… alright Starbloom, hope ya to get feelin better.” Apple Bloom smiled, the other crusaders nodding in agreement. “See ya later.”

“Have a good day,” Starbloom smiled before heading home, it took her longer to make it home from the school than normal since her stiff joints kept her from walking too fast. She didn’t mind though it was a nice day out, glancing up she could see the weather ponies moving in clouds for a rain shower that was scheduled to hit later that evening.

Starbloom soon made it home and went inside closing the door behind, “Mom, Spike, I’m home,” she called as she started up the stairs.

“Welcome home dear,” Twilight called back from the kitchen, “We’re in the kitchen.”

“Okay mom,” Starbloom replied going to her room taking off her saddlebags and putting them up before making her way back downstairs and going to the kitchen.

“So how was school today Starbloom?” Twilight asked sitting at the table sipping a cup of tea closing a book she had been reading.

“It was good; Ms. Cheerilee said I didn’t have to return all those assignments so soon.” Starbloom answered sitting nearby.

“I see, well that’s good but also not what I meant.” Twilight smiled, “Did you start to feel stiff or sore at all?”

“Oh… well just a little stiff before lunch but walking around helped,” Starbloom answered smiling sheepishly. “Also… I got a little sore before school let out but I’m alright now.”

Twilight considered her answer for a few moments before smiling and giving a small nod. “Well, alright I must admit I was worried you can be stubborn at times.” Twilight sighed softly smiling, “Take after me I suppose.”

Spike smiled over at them while he worked on dinner, “Both of you can be pretty stubborn, not that it’s a bad thing mind you.”

Twilight and Starbloom looked over at Spike smiling, “Hey, we’re not the only ones who can be stubborn Spike,” Twilight chuckled softly at him.

“If I am stubborn I picked it up from you Twilight,” Spike replied smiling back.

“There isn’t anything wrong with being a little stubborn, just so long as you’re not unreasonable about it.” Twilight smiled as she took a sip of her tea.

Starbloom smiled getting herself a cup of tea and relaxed sipping it. “Mm very true, everything in moderation I believe is the old saying?”

Twilight nodded at Starbloom smiling, “That’s right, everything in moderation because even to much of a good thing can do harm to a pony.”

Spike brought dinner to the table once it was finished and Twilight prepared a plate for them. During dinner, they talked over what each of them did during the day. Once dinner was finished, Spike took care of the dishes and Twilight went to her desk to work some reports for Princess Celestia.

Starbloom went to her room to get ready for bed taking a shower and cleaning her saddlebags up. They were still dirty from when Silver Spoon attacked her. After she had gotten the bags cleaned up, she repacked them before getting into bed and going to sleep.