• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 3,561 Views, 274 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles II - L_Wolf



The sequel to Starbloom Chronicles, this story follows the new adventures of Starbloom and her friends.

  • ...
2
 274
 3,561

Chapter 29

~*{Chapter Twenty-Nine}*~

Starbloom searched the area where the scooter tracks had stopped for close to ten minutes and so far hadn’t discovered anything. Sighing she sat down to considered what she had learned so far from her investigation.

The scooter had been taken from in front of Sugar Cube Corner, the pony who took it was around their age, and they brought it to a part of town none of the crusaders had ever been in before. The tracks for the scooter also vanish suddenly.

“This really doesn’t make a lot of sense, considering the evidence I found at Sugar Cube Corner.” Starbloom mumbled to herself moving to her hooves.

“What did you find at Sugar Cube Corner?” Scootaloo asked looking at Starbloom.

“I found hair that is the same color and length as Silver Spoon’s mane… but for the scooter to just disappear from this point would suggest unicorn magic to lift it.” Starbloom answered looking at the scooter tracks.

“What about Crimson Rain? She’s a pegasus could she just fly off with it?” Scootaloo asked looking at the tracks as well.

“I considered that at first, but Crimson Rain is too small to lift the scooter off the ground without leaving marks from her trying to get the lift needed. So it must have been unicorn magic that lifted it up.” Starbloom sighed rubbing her head; she was starting to get a headache.

“Maybe Silver Spoon made friends with a unicorn and they took it together?” Scootaloo offered, tilting her head seeing Starbloom rub her head.

“Maybe, but she just got off house arrest that would be pretty quick to meet a friend and get them to do something like this.” Starbloom answered before putting her hooves on the sides of her head sitting down.

“Hey… you okay Starbloom? Want me to get your mom?” Scootaloo asked going over to her putting a hoof on her shoulder.

“I… I just… need moment…” Starbloom mumbled rubbing her temples softly sighing; she only got headaches like this when she got frustrated. She closed her eyes trying to relax while letting her mind work on the problem.

Scootaloo sighed softly rubbing Starbloom’s shoulder flapping her wings lightly, “Look, thanks for your help but I can just get a new scooter. You don’t need to put yourself through this aggravation for me.”

Starbloom smiled opening her eyes, “Thank you Scootaloo…” she sighed before tilting her head noticing something. “Hey Scootaloo… flap your wings again.”

Scootaloo wasn’t sure what Starbloom was on about but she stretched her wings out again and flapped them a few times. The breeze from her wings caused part of the wall that wasn’t real to ripple. Starbloom moved to her hooves and used her magic to pull down the sheet that was acting as part of the wall. Hidden behind it was an alleyway with Scootaloo’s scooter.

“You found it!” Scootaloo shouted in excitement jumping up before running over to her scooter. “Thank you so much Starbloom, this means so much to me.”

“You’re welcome Scootaloo, glad I could help you find it.” Starbloom smiled watched Scootaloo, “Better hurry, and meet up with Rainbow Dash though, that Wonderbolts show should be starting in an hour right?”

“Oh you’re right, thank you again Starbloom!” Scootaloo grinned before getting onto her scooter and taking off down the road towards her and Rainbow Dash’s house as fast as her wings could move her.

Starbloom smiled as she watched Scootaloo go before turning back to the area where the scooter had been hidden, she folded up the sheet and put it in her saddlebag to examine later. She then took out her magnifying glass and started to examine the alleyway closely for clues.

She found some more mane hairs matching Silver Spoon’s but also evidence that a unicorn was involved. The sheet was too high off the ground for Silver Spoon to have hung up without help and there was no evidence of a ladder or a stool having been used.

Once she had all the evidence she could find gathered she made her way back home. She also sketched out some diagrams of the alleyways and the tracks. The case was confusing, it was possible Silver Spoon knew a unicorn but there wasn’t evidence of another pony in the area either.

“Maybe it was someone else who has the same mane color,” Starbloom spoke softly to herself as using her magic to open the door to library door. “Mom, Spike I’m home.” Starbloom called as she went inside.

“Welcome home dear, did you find the scooter.” Twilight asked getting up from her desk smiling at her.

“Yes we managed to find, though not sure who took it.” Starbloom sighed as she walked over. “All the evidence points at unicorn with a silver gray mane… thing is the only pony I know with a mane like that is Silver Spoon.”

“I can see how that’s confusing Starbloom, but at least you found the scooter.” Twilight smiled at Starbloom, ruffling her mane. “Also, might want to look here.” Twilight pointed at the gray patch of fur on her hip.

“Huh?” Starbloom blinked looking at where Twilight was pointing and saw her cutie mark blinking, “W… what? This is the second time I got a cutie mark and never noticed.” Starbloom muttered and face hoofed.

Twilight chuckled softly smiling at Starbloom, “Yes I suppose it is, curious design though I’ve never seen anything like it before. The book and the magnifying glass are common enough, the eye though I never seen that before.”

Starbloom nods at Twilight looking at the cutie mark again tilting her head. She smiles looking back at Twilight, “Yea I it is pretty unique, isn’t it? The book and magnifying glass show research and investigation… but I’m not sure about the eye.”

“It could mean a lot of things; you do have sharp eyes and can see details most people miss.” Twilight smiled at Starbloom sitting back down at her desk. “This does fit with the overall theme of your cutie mark having to do with investigation.”

Starbloom smiles at Twilight nodding at her stretching herself out taking off her saddlebags putting them near the stairs. “Yea, I guess that could be it. I guess Scootaloo was too happy to get her scooter back to notice. Also she and Rainbow Dash are going to a Wonderbolts performance today”

Twilight smiles back at Starbloom nodding at her, “Yea that does make sense, she really did want her scooter back, plus she wanted to go to the performance. So she must not of noticed it. However, I know your friends will be happy for you when they find out.”

“I know they will mom, only two that don’t got cutie marks yet are Scootaloo and Apple Bloom. I hope they them soon.” Starbloom smiled at her stretching, “I’m going to go relax in my room and try to figure out who stole it.”

“Alright dear, I’ll call you down when dinner is ready.” Twilight smiled back watching Starbloom as she made her way upstairs to her room bringing her saddlebags with her. She opened them up taking out the evidence and sketches she found sitting at her desk to look it over.