• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 3,561 Views, 274 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles II - L_Wolf



The sequel to Starbloom Chronicles, this story follows the new adventures of Starbloom and her friends.

  • ...
2
 274
 3,561

Chapter 23

~*{Chapter Twenty-Three}*~

Starbloom woke up slowly rubbing her eyes with a hoof wincing a bit, her head hurt pretty bad. She couldn’t remember what happen very well. She remembered Silver Spoon yelling at her and breaking her headband but everything was fuzzy after that.

“Easy now sugar cube, yer in the hospital,” She heard the voice Applejack speaking to her and she looked over. Starbloom had a confused look on her face.

“W… where… is my mom?” She asked softly struggled to sit up but found it hard to move so she just lay back on the bed. Applejack walked over to the bed and sat next to it.

“She’s talkin to the mayor, Ms. Cheerilee, the chief of police and Silver Smith, that’s Silver Spoon’s mom bout what happen today. Needless to say, that filly is in pretty big trouble.” Applejack said fixing her a glass of water and helping her drink it. “Ya got beat up pretty bad, and that magical blast ya released left ya very weak.”

Starbloom drank from the cup thankful for it; her mouth was very dry, “Thank you… Applejack,” she said softly trying to remember what happen. “I don’t… remember what happen after she broke my headband.”

“According to what Twilight told me, Crimson Rain said Silver Spoon started bucking ya every time ya stood up, the poor filly couldn’t stand to watch it anymore so she went to get Twilight.” Applejack explained watching Starbloom quietly.

Starbloom sighed softly rolling over wincing from the pain in her side nestling herself into the bedding. “What’s going to happen to Silver Spoon?” Starbloom asked softly.

“Well, this is pretty unusual behavior for a pony… specially one so little… and like I said your mom is talkin with some ponies about it… most likely from what I heard before she left your mother is going to try and get her some help…” Applejack explained reaching over and softly stroking Starbloom’s mane. “Ya just rest ease and try to get better okay?”

Starbloom nodded slowly relaxing from the mane stroking closing her eyes. She found it hard to believe Silver Spoon would go that far. She took a deep breath and flinched from the pain in her ribs. She heard the door open but didn’t have the energy to look and see who it was.

“Hey girls, what are you doin here?” She heard Applejack speak to the ponies that came inside, from the way she spoke it sounded like Apple Bloom and her friends.

“We came to check on Starbloom, is she awake?” Apple Bloom asked Starbloom could hear the concern in her voice.

“She’s awake sugar cube, but ain't feelin too well so don’t bother her to much okay?” Applejack answered moving so the other fillies could get over to the bed.

Apple Bloom and the other crusaders went over to the bed on the side Starbloom was facing. She could see each of them looked upset over what happen. “Hey girls.” Starbloom greeted with a weak smile.

“Hey Starbloom, how ya feelin?” Apple Bloom asked with a smile of her own.

“Sore… but I should be fine; hopefully I can go home soon.” Starbloom said softly.

“We should have waited for you and walked you home…” Sweetie Belle whimpered looking guilty. “Then… then this would of happen.”

“Hey now, this isn’t your or any pony else’s fault Sweetie Belle. Don’t go blaming yourself, I told you to go ahead without me…” Starbloom said trying to ease Sweetie Belle’s concerns and comfort her.

“Yes it is its Silver Spoon’s fault for doing this.” Scootaloo said ruffling her wings, “If she wasn’t such a bully and a jerk then this wouldn’t of happen.”

Starbloom smiled at Scootaloo but sighed softly, “Its fine Scootaloo, don’t think like that… Silver Spoon will be punished for what she did.”

The door opened again and Starbloom forced herself up enough took wincing in pain from the movement, she could see Twilight and Spike come into the room. “M… mom, hi.” She managed before the pain was too much to stay sitting up and lay back on the bed gritting her teeth.

“Easy now dear, don’t push yourself.” Twilight scolded softly moving over to sit near the bed the cutie mark crusaders moving to give her room. “You need to take it easy and recover.”

Starbloom panted softly trying to catch her breath giving a small nod. “I… I know mom… I’m sorry…” Starbloom apologized looking up at Twilight, “What happen?”

“After talking it over with every pony… the mayor has approved a new punishment for juvenile offenders. Until the new facility for it is constructed, Silver Spoon is to stay in her home.” Twilight started resting a wing over Starbloom.

“Since her Silver family home is gated, the front gate will have a guard at all times to make sure she doesn’t leave. Ms. Cheerilee will visit her after school for three hours to make sure she gets her education. After Ms. Cheerilee leaves she will be allowed to have one friend visit her for an hour.” Twilight continued to explain looking at the fillies.

The group of fillies was quiet when Twilight finished, they hadn’t heard of such a punishment being done before. Then again, this was the first time they ever heard of a bully hurting another pony. “What about Crimson Rain?” Starbloom asked after a few moments looking up Twilight.

“I talked with her mother… and she will get in trouble as well, but since she did the right thing when Silver Spoon started to hurt you her mother will take care of it. I agreed with that since she did come and get me in the end.” Twilight answered looking at Starbloom who seemed satisfied with the answer.

“Can you… tell me what happen at least as much as you know?” Starbloom asked feeling the bed move and turned seeing Spike get on the bed and sit next to her smiling at him.

“I don’t know the details dear… I got their after your… burst, I managed to catch Silver Spoon before she hit the ground, the blast you caused sent her flying along with a dumpster. The police ponies arrived and took Silver Spoon home along with Crimson Rain.” Twilight started to explain taking a deep breath. Spike stroked Starbloom’s mane softly with his claw.

“I went into the alley and found you on the ground hurt and knocked out in the center of the blast zone so I knew the blast came from you. I carried you to the hospital before going to get Applejack to keep an eye on you while I dealt with Silver Spoon and Crimson Rain.” Twilight continued to explain smiling at Applejack, “Thank you Applejack.”

“Aw shucks ain’t nuffin to it sugarcube happy to help.” Applejack smiled tipping her hat up with her hoof.

“Did… did I cause a lot of damage from that blast?” Starbloom asked worried about destroying other ponies’ property. “If… I did I’ll do what I can to pay off the damages.”

“Easy now dear, don’t worry about that right now. Worry about getting better first. It’s just a handful of broken windows and some cracked walls. None of which is your fault anyways, Mayor Mare decided it was Silver Spoon’s responsibility for provoking the incident.” Twilight said trying to calm her down and ease her worry.

Starbloom sighed softly and relaxed back into the bed, she still felt responsible for what happen to the walls and windows though. “Okay mom… if you say so.” She mumbled softly with a yawn the magic drain catching up with her.

“Come on girls, I think we should let yer friend get some rest.” Applejack suggested ushering the cutie mark crusaders out of the room. “I’ll take the fillies home. I’ll catch ya later Twi.”

“Alright Applejack, thank you again for the help.” Twilight smiled watching Applejack as she left, tipping her hat in response to the thanks from Twilight.

A few moments after Applejack and the fillies left the nurse came in to check on Starbloom’s progress. She was healing nicely, mostly just bruises and scrapes but they wanted to keep an eye on her do to the head trauma she suffered from her head hitting the ground. The nurse gave her an injection of pain reliever to help with the pain she was feeling in her ribs.

Spike curled up on the foot of the bed and Twilight settled herself onto a couch with a book while Starbloom drifted off to sleep the pain reliever making her feel sleepy. Spike and Twilight took turns during the night making sure she was okay and if she woke up helping her with whatever she needed.