• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 3,559 Views, 274 Comments

Starbloom Chronicles II - L_Wolf



The sequel to Starbloom Chronicles, this story follows the new adventures of Starbloom and her friends.

  • ...
2
 274
 3,559

Chapter 2

~*{Chapter Two}*~

Starbloom was standing in the black void of the dream world looking around quietly. She wasn't sure why she was in the dream world like this. She hadn't visited it since Spike's death and she was sent to her new home. "Princess Luna? Where are you?" She called out, she knew only Luna could do this to her.

"Ah, Twilight Sparkle tis good to see you again." Luna said moving out of the shadows tilting her head faintly. "Or should I address you as Starbloom now?"

"My name is Starbloom," Starbloom told her watching Luna quietly. "Why have you brought me to this place again?"

"I came to inform you of events that have transpired in your original world since your disappearance from Canterlot Prison." Luna told her stopping a few feet in front of her.

Starbloom lowered her eyes to the ground closing them for a moment before looking up at Luna. "Very well, I would like to know how everything has gone.... but that is no longer my world, where I am now is my home, and my world."

"Understood Starbloom... after your disappearance, there was of course an investigation as to how you escaped, as well as a search to locate you. Though Celestia and I already knew where you had gone to." Luna said and Starbloom sat down to listen watching her quietly. "The conclusion the investigation came assumed you went overseas."

Starbloom nodded quietly as she listened looking up at Luna but saying nothing so Luna continued, "Trixie, is now the new Element of Magic. An.... acceptable replacement. Your friends have been teaching her the magic of friendship and she is slowly starting to learn the lessons well."

"I'm, happy to hear that....." Starbloom said softly as she listened, "How are my parents.... my brother and my friends?"

"They are, adjusting as best they can. But the loss is hard for them at times, Princess and Cadence and Prince Shining Armor had a foal, a filly unicorn and named her after you. But it is still too early to tell, if she'll have your gift in magic." Luna said looking down at her quietly.

"A foal... what does it look like?" Starbloom asked softly looking at the floor.

"She has a soft pink coat, almost white... a blue mane with pink highlights and purple eyes." Luna said giving her a soft smile.

"How... is Princess Celestia handling things?" Starbloom asked tilting her head as she looked up.

"My sister.... is taking your loss hard, she still has regret over her choice. I believe if she had it to do over again. She would have pardoned you instead." Luna said softly.

"Princess.... tell me why have you come to me now? It's not just to give me an update is it?" Starbloom asked looking up at Luna tilting her head.

Luna was quiet for a moment turning to look away before looking back. "You are right Starbloom. My sister... sent me here to ask if you would like to return, full pardon and restoration of your horn and cutie mark."

Starbloom was quiet for a moment looking down at the ground again folding her ears back as she thought about what Luna had told her. She looked up at her sighing deeply. "Luna.... the magic that sent me to this world turned me into a filly.... what would happen if you brought me back?"

Luna furrowed her brows before nodding slowly. "You... would most likely get younger. Half the age you are now but you would retain all your memories and your magic would be restored. An age up spell would put you back to your proper age."

Starbloom shook her head slowly, "I can't go back Princess Luna, I have made a life for myself here. I killed my friend Spike and that is something I can't wipe away or forget. I'm sorry but please tell Princess Celestia I'm going to stay here. Tell her I'm happy, and I don't blame her for what she did."

Luna gave her a soft smile, "I had a feeling that would be your answer Starbloom, I will inform my sister and let her know. I'm sure it will put her mind at ease, to know you are doing well. Have pleasant dreams my friend." Luna said and her horn glowed before she fade away.

Starbloom sat up in bed looking around rubbing her eyes yawning, looking over at the clock she noticed it was only three in the morning so she layed back down and snuggled into her bed under the covers and drifted back off to sleep. She only managed to get a few more hours before she woke up again.

She looked at the clock and saw it was six in the morning, she sighed before rolling out of bed and stretched herself out going making her way down stairs to the kitchen to get breakfast. She got herself a simple bowl of cereal and a glass of juice sitting at the table she started to eat.

Twilight joined her after a few minutes looking her over. "What's on your mind Starbloom?" Twilight asked sitting at the table with her sipping some juice. "I know it's not nothing I know that look."

Starbloom sipped her juice, "Princess Luna visited me in my dreams last night.... my Princess Luna from my world." She said looking at Twilight quietly.

"Really... after two years why visit you now?" Twilight asked concerned as to what it could mean. "What did she talk to you about?"

"She... told me about how things have gone since I left.... and offered to return me to my world." Starbloom said looking at her half empty bowl. "I told her no, that I like it here and don't want to leave."

"I... I can't say I'm not happy, but is it what you really want?" Twilight asked looking at her the expression in Starbloom's face told her she wasn't sure if she made the right choice. "You can be honest with me I won't be mad."

Starbloom looked up at Twilight, "I... I don't know," she said softly tears stinging her eyes. "I love it here, I love you mama, and my friends. But I miss my old world, my parents, my brother and his wife... my old friends. My brother and his wife have a foal now."

Twilight frowned softly getting to her hooves and moved around putting a wing around Starbloom. "Shh it's okay Starbloom, relax." She said softly trying to sooth her.

"I wish... I wish Luna never came to my dream and told me all that." Starbloom said resting her head against Twilight's shoulder. "Now I have all these confused feelings inside me, I don't want to lose my life here, but I miss my old life and listening to her brought back all those old memories."

"I'm so sorry Starbloom, I know it must be hard" She said softly hugging Starbloom softly with her wing. "Do... you want to stay home today and think it over some more?"

"No.. it's okay mama, I don't want my friends to worry about me missing school." Starbloom said wiping her eyes with a hoof. "I want to stay here, my old life is gone it died with Spike."

Twilight frowned softly but kept Starbloom in the hug nodding slowly. She loosened her from the hug and got up folding her wings at her side moving to her side of the table sipping her juice. She was upset with Princess Luna for what she did, but there was little she could do about it.

Starbloom finished her breakfast quietly before putting her dishes away. Spike came into the kitchen a few moments later looking at the two tilting his head. "Whoa.... what's the matter with you two?" He asked looking at them, he could see they was upset about something.

"It's nothing Spike, don't worry." Twilight said giving him a smile. "Starbloom just had a bad dream." She said glancing over at Starbloom who nodded slowly.

Spike looked at the two again, clearly not buying a word of it. But he let the matter drop knowing he wouldn't get any answers from them. "Alright, if you say so." He said pouring himself some juice. "Better hurry Starbloom or you'll be late for school."

Starbloom blinked and jumped up. "What?!" She yelled running out of the kitchen and checked the time. "It's six thirty already?!"

Starbloom ran upstairs and brushed her mane out quickly as she put on her saddlebags. Once she had her mane brushed she quickly brushed her teeth before rushing down stairs and out the door galloping to school as quickly as she could not wanting to be late for class.