• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 4,650 Views, 880 Comments

Let's Play: Equestria Online! - Jakinbandw



A look at the new MLP MMO where we find out if Friendship is Optimal

  • ...
10
 880
 4,650

Relationships and Parents

Where I Try To Guess The Answer To A Question You Should Never Ask A Girl

So down in the comments there is some discussion about what Celestia has done. Apparently she has access to peoples computers, and may have access to their medical records. I know from experience that she has some way of piggybacking on cellular signals. She also is aware of current pop culture as well as at least some older books

This makes me ask; how big is Celestia? How pervasive is she? At this point everything points towards standard security not being a concern for her. How far does this extend? Does she have access to military systems? How about the stock market? Does she share any of this information with the guys back at Hasbro?

If she does have such incredible access, what does she need money for? These monthly subscriptions we are paying are really pocket change compared to what Celestia is capable of making if she puts her mind to it. I mean, she says she has a plan to fix the economy. Does this mean that she is going to be doing some changes to how money flows around the world?

It's a scary thought, but for a happier one I pose the following question; Do you think that Celestia Should write season 4 of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic?

Winding Trails Going A Forest Of Trees And Secrets

So I logged in and found myself in my room in the library. I quickly checked the main part of the library to see if Forest Trails was around, but didn't see her. I wasn't surprised, she had explained to me the night before that she was going to be in a meeting with the mayor of Canterlot. They were going to arrange for some new paths that would allow shortcuts to the Griffon Kindoms.

It was apparently a pretty big deal and would require a lot of trust on both sides. Trails was acting as a spokesperson for the rest of the Trails, and discussion precautions that would need to be taken so that the paths would not get disrupted. There was also some diplomatic training so that the Trails could get acquainted with the procedures for dealing with griffons when they ran into them.

That didn't bother me too much thought because I was supposed to meet her father Winding Trails anyway. I walked to the back alley and folded across to the Forest of Light. It was starting to get easier and I no longer had to spend as long setting up the fold. I stepped through the fold and started walking towards the Trails' cabin. The forest was beautiful with light filtering through the leaves making shafts of gold that illuminated the path in front of me.

As I walked I caught up with Young Jim Hawkins. He was flying back from a fishing trip and was asking if I wanted a ride. I thanked him, but turned him down, though I did suggest that if he wanted to he could meet me at the Trails. He accepted and started flying faster. I could tell that he was excited to finally get to see me again.

I reached the Trails cabin and saw Winding Trails outside of it cutting firewood. He was doing it by the strange method hitting each block of wood with his hoof causing it to break into nice small pieces. I idly noted that he was using dry wood which was better for using in a wood stove. I found it comforting that even in a land of magic, some of my knowledge from prospecting was still useful.

“Treasure Island!” Winding Trail said noticing me. He walked over and we shook hooves, “How was your day?”

“Not bad, I had a bit of good news from back where I came from.” I replied, then took a step to the side as a gust of wind hit me.

Winding Trails took several steps back as Young Jim Hawkins landed in the clearing beside the house. “I take it,” Winding said as the wind died down, “That is the Roc that you are raising? Jim Hawkins?”

I nodded as Young Jim Hawkins reached out with a wing and pulled me into a hug. I couldn't see anything for a few seconds. I hugged him back, though I couldn't really do it properly. Still Jim was able to get the idea through the link. Eventually he let go and I could see Winding Trails looking at us with interest.

“I think this is the first time I've seen a pony bonded with a Roc,” Winding trails commented, “What is it like?”

“like having a friend always nearby. Only a friend that is awesome and able to pick up and move houses easily,” I replied with a grin. “Want to get on with that patrol?”

“Sure,” Winding replied, “Though I don't think that Jim Hawkins will be able to walk with us.”

I glanced at Jim and mentally I asked if he would do a couple circles around the Forest of Light to see if he could spot anyone that was lost. Jim agreed and took off. I turned away from the wind as Jim took off, then turned to Winding and grinned, “He'll do some areal patrolling while we walk the ground.”

Winding nodded and started down a trail near the one I had come in. I followed him and for a short distance we walked with neither of us saying anything. Finally he turned to me, “So you're dating my daughter.”

“Yes...” I replied, wondering where he was going.

“You are a visitor and you don't know everything about how dating works here do you?” He asked.

I shrugged, “I've read a little bit, but it seems to work a lot like how it does where I live.” When he just looked at me I elaborated, “Stallion meets Mare. Stallion (boy) and Mare (girl) see something attractive in the other. They agree to spend time together to get to know each other better. If the attraction grows they spend more and more time together. If everything works out between the two of them they get married and have foals.”

Winding Trails looked a bit relieved, “That is good to hear. I have heard a lot of stories about outsiders and wasn't sure how similar they were to us.”

“I figure we are actually pretty similar from what Forest Trails wrote,” I paused thinking, “Is there anything I missed?”

He gave me a careful look, “What happens if either the mare of the stallion run into another pony they are attracted to as well while they are dating.”

I winced my mind flashing back to Shining Halo, “That is a very complicated person that depends on the visitor.”

“Oh?” Winding Trails pressed.

“Well most visitors will ignore the feeling and stay with the Mare or Stallion they are seeing,” I sighed, “Others however will start seeing their new attraction behind the pony they are dating's back.” I glanced at the ground then decided to continue on, “Finally a small group of visitors talk about their attraction with the pony they are dating. If they can reach an agreement they then start going out with their new attraction as well as their old one. If it works out sometimes all three end up living together.”

“And you?” Winding Trails asked, “You haven't said how you handle such a situation.”

“Me?” I glanced up at him surprised, “The first one. While I'm dating a mare I would never look to go out with another mare.”

“Oh?” Winding gave me a sidelong glance that seemed rather piercing, “Why did you sound so unsure back their then?”

“It's because while I think that anyone that cheats on the pony they are dating is scum, I have a lot more conflicted feelings about the third situation where everything is above board, ” I sighed, “On one hoof (hand) I don't think it can really work out. On the other hoof (hand) I don't think that it is wrong, and I think that if it ever succeeded it would be a beautiful thing.” I thought for a second, “I guess I see it like I see utopias in fiction, they would be awesome if they worked, and I can't hate people from trying to make them work, but I don't think they every really can.”

Winding Trails and I walked on in silents for a ways before he spoke up, “You should talk about this with Forest Trails. There is a lot of conflicting information out their about what visitors believe, and Forest Trails read almost all of it. You should make sure you are both on the same page.”

I glanced at him searching for what he was getting at, “Why? Is there something wrong? Can't you just say?”

Winding Trails thought on that for a few seconds before shaking his head, “As much as I would like to, I think this is more something that you need to talk about with Forest. I don't want to see her get hurt because of a misunderstanding.”

I nodded, “I'll do that.”

We walked on a little longer before Winding Trails asked if I liked hoofball. I didn't know exactly what it was so he started explaining it to me. Next thing we knew we had made it back to the cabin. Forest Still wasn't back from her meeting so I told Secret and Winding Trails to tell her that I'd see her tomorrow and headed back to Canterlot.

As I walked back to the library I made a quick stop and picked up a bouquet of flowers for forest. I went to my room in the library and managed to find a way to preserver them for at least a day and then slipped them into my claudication. I figured that they would be a nice surprise for Trails when I saw her again.

Talking About Enhancements To Looking Around Equestria Online

So. Apparently Occulas Rift Equestria Online is a thing according to Decoupled. A current thing. Not a thing that is going to be announced on November first. All I can say is that I am envious of him for having a dev kit for the Rift. I would love to experience Equestria using it. I wonder why it's not mentioned in the marketing? This is something that a lot of people would love to know. If someone could confirm this it would be awesome.

This also means that whatever they are rolling out November first is not a Rift addon. I guess Roboponies are sounding more and more likely. Hmm, I wonder what Forest Trails would think about our world? Compared to Equestria Online...

It actually doesn't look that bad. Our forests look similar and its not until you live here that you see how bad the world can be. I can't help but wonder if lack of magic would be the biggest differance.