• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 4,645 Views, 880 Comments

Let's Play: Equestria Online! - Jakinbandw



A look at the new MLP MMO where we find out if Friendship is Optimal

  • ...
10
 880
 4,645

Forest Trails Answers A Question

A Few Quick Notes From Me Before I Turn The Stage Over To Forest Trails

So I got a new pony pad today. This time I ended up with an Applejack one because my parents picked it up for me from the store.

I suppose I shouldn't complain really, I mean in a way it even makes sense, Treasure Island is an earth pony after all so why shouldn't my pony pad feature an earth pony? I still prefer darker colours, but this isn't bad either. I mean everyone knows that Applejack is the best pony, and no one would disagree with me on that right?

Sorry about that. I think Trollestia infected me a little bit.

I also what to take a moment to say that I was being paranoid yesterday. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned the worry that the guy was trying to hit me. My imagination sometimes gets the best of me, after I thought about it, you guys are right and it wouldn't make any sense at all.

Finally, Forest Trails wanted to reply to a question she received, so I am going to turn over this post to her.

Forest Trails – Answering A Question

My Treasure told me the other day that someone was asking about how common using earth pony magic to fold was. I decided to write a little explanation about Earth Pony culture in Equestria.

Earth Pony magic is very versatile. This is the firs thing you have to understand. It can be used from everything from influencing probability, to folding space, to helping things grow. This means that it can be very hard for a pony to master multiple areas of expertise.

Let's take an apple farmer for example; they have to master growth, probability, forms of pinpoint destruction, as well as using their power to increase their strength and endurance. This is all just to specialize as something as simple as an apple farmer. Some other jobs require many years to master, and most ponies can keep on practising for a long time, slowly improving.

That doesn't mean that earth ponies don't take up other uses of their powers as hobbies. It does mean however that their aren't many specialists when it comes to folding space to go places quickly. Even if it is useful, the downside of risking your ability to use all of your earth pony powers if you mess up is a major downside and stops most ponies from practising it for recreation.

As for strength and endurance, it really depends on what the pony does. A pony that studies all day will be weaker than one that goes out and hauls building material back and forth each day. As for differences between the different pony races, there really aren't any. However Earth Ponies like I am can use our power to make us stronger, or make what we are carrying lighter. I even know that some ponies use it to allow them to build muscles faster.

So there is the answer to your question, if you have any further enquiries don't be afraid to ask.

Forest Trails – At The Temple Part 2

My Treasure and I were standing in what appeared to be a bedroom containing a very large, and very red bed. The room itself smelled of incense, and a light haze of smoke drifted through the room. The room itself was lit by multiple candles and the flames danced causing shadows to flicker across the walls.

I looked around carefully, feeling along the walls while My Treasure sat in thought, staring at the door. Finally he spoke, “This isn't a trap.”

I looked over at him feeling a little confused, “I'm pretty sure that it is. We are trapped in here with no way out.”

“Well, yes.” My Treasure replied, “But it's more like a prison or a cage rather than a deathtrap.” I looked at him and raised and eyebrow, and he shook his head and went on, “It means that there probably isn't a way to disarm it or escape. This is just a place to hold us till someone can come and check on us.”

“That makes sense,” I agreed, “Are you sure you don't want to just try and force the doors?”

My Treasure looked at them, then finally shook his head, “No. We are uninvited guests here. I suspect that this place is occupied and we might as well wait for our welcoming committee to show up.”

“I'm not sure that is the best idea my treasure,” I said, “We don't know what they want with us. I've read stories about what some cults used to do.”

He looked over at the door and nodded, “Well, we could come up with a plan for if things go wrong, but I'd at least like to try diplomacy first.”

We sat in silence for a while after that, each of use trying to think of a way out if worst came to worst. Folding our way out was not a solid plan because if we were trying to run we would likely be observed causing our power to fail. On top of that it seemed like there was something out their watching for us to use our power, and I wasn't sure who or what it was.

Finally I came up with an idea, “My Treasure, you have a link with Hawkins am I right?”

“Yes I do,” he agreed, “but that doesn't exactly help. He wouldn't be able to get here because of the way that space is twisted. He'd just end up lost.”

I started to smile, “That's not quite true, if for example, you guided him down the path that we took her could be waiting for us outside.”

“That would take a long time-” My Treasure started to say.

I cut him off with one word, “Flying.”

“That could work,” My Treasure nodded, “That could definitely work. I'll get right on that.” He turned and glanced at some point in the distance while murmuring to himself under his breath.

I took one more walk around the room before deciding that standing around was rather silly when I had a nice bed nearby to relax on. So I jump up on it and pulled out a book from my saddlebags. One of the things that I had learned early on when spending time with My Treasure was that it was often a good idea to carry around something to read. He would often lay down and take a nap as he had to focus on things that were happening in the place that he came from.

At first it was little strange to see him like that, but I had gotten used to it. I had even considered playing a few pranks on him when he was like that, but he was so straight forward that I wasn't sure how he would take it. He only rarely joked around, and it was often self depreciating humour. It made me wonder if he had been picked upon when he was a foal.

Sometimes he seemed so sure of himself, and other times he would defer to me no matter what I said, and only disagree after making large disclaimers. When I teased him he would often just agree with me, and even when he didn't he would rarely tease back. I would think that he was afraid of conflict, but on the other hand he did protect Quick Search. Maybe he just doesn't want conflict between us? I couldn't help but think that it might not be healthy and that My Treasure needed to worry less about such things.

As I was ruminating the door slid open and an alicorn walked in. She looked a lot like Celestia, except that she had lavender hair. She moved with grace that spoke of passion and I felt a chill run down my back. On her face was a smile that could set water on fire. I saw My Treasure glance up at her and blanch.

“Well,” she said, stopping and surveying the room, “I see that I have a couple to entertain this time. I'm glad you decided to come, I've been feeling oh so lonesome.”

My Treasure backpeddled till he was pressed against the bed, “Hi there. It... err... It seems we took a wrong turn, and got a bit lost. If you don't mind we'll be leaving now.”

“Oh?” the alicorn purred, “are you getting cold feet?”

I could see My Treasure groping for a reply and decided to take the heat off him, “What is your name?” I asked, politely as I could.

The alicorn turned to me and I felt another shiver shoot through me, “You don't know who I am? I have been called many names, but you can call me Big Sexy.”

“Right!” My Treasure said rubbing his hooves together, “This has been fun, but I think it's time we left now, If you'll excuse me...” He got to his hooves and walked resolutely toward the door, hardly a hesitation in his step.

As he started past Big Sexy she reached out with a wing and pulled him close, and blew softly into his ear, “Leaving so soon? Don't you think that we should, mmmm, get to know each other first?”

I watched shocked by the brazenness of the act. It took me a second but I pulled myself together and jumped off the bed, “Hey! Treasure is my Coltfriend!”

She turned to me, but kept her wing around My Treasure holding him next to her, “Don't worry, I can take care of you too, I don't discriminate.”

I lurched to a halt, suddenly slightly afraid to get to close to Big Sexy. As my charge faltered though My Treasure managed to shake his paralysis off. He backed up so that he was beside me and gave her a cold look, “Haven't you ever heard that no means no Molestia?”

Big Sexy smiled at him with half closed eyes, “I have in fact. I just never believed it. None of the ponies I have been with have ever complained after we were done.”

“That's a little disturbing,” My Treasure said, taking a step so that he stood just in front of me, shielding me from her with his body.

Big Sexy took a step towards us, “That might by why Celestia locked me up here. I might not be able to leave, but occasionally a pony or two will stop by and we'll have some fun.”

My Treasure nodded to himself, “And with that we're done. I'm sorry about this.”

All of a sudden the rough exploded downwards and I found myself being grabbed by gigantic claws. Big Sexy eyes widened and she flinched back form the sudden destruction. For a moment the world seemed to freeze, before suddenly I was jerked up, along with My Treasure, and we quickly rose above the ground, and kept rising as Hawkings lifted us away from the neighponies temple.

After that it was a matter of landing on the beach, and getting on Hawkins back, before we took off again. We weren't chased, of which I am glad. I am not sure how I feel about the whole adventure to be honest. On one hand I am glad that we got out of there, on the other I sort of wonder what would have happened if we hadden't.

For the last couple days we have just been flying east back towards Canterlot. We are still over the ocean, but we run into islands where we camp for the night. I was a bit worried when My Treasure disappeared yesterday, but Celestia assured me after a while that he was alright. I also got a letter from Brazen Origin telling me the same thing which I was grateful for.

So now I'll let My Treasure go back to telling you what is happening in our lives. Unless he get's too embarrassed to talk about it again.