• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 4,642 Views, 880 Comments

Let's Play: Equestria Online! - Jakinbandw



A look at the new MLP MMO where we find out if Friendship is Optimal

  • ...
10
 880
 4,642

First Date: Part 2

On Problems With The Forum, And General Sneakiness

So two things to start this post off. First of all I noticed that the forums dates seem to be off. Any idea what's up with that? All I know is that it is odd. I'm considering marking down a time stamp on upcoming updates so that people can tell when I've actually posted them. Is that necessary, or would that not be appreciated?

Second, I've managed to sneak my pony pad with me into the car today. As I was leaving I decided I didn't want to go three days without seeing my girlfriends. So I snuck it into the car with me. I'm probably going to end up getting the next couple days posts up rather late. On the other hand, better late than never.

Manege A Date: Trying Out Something New

Once we got outside I went and pulled out chairs for both Forest Trails and Quick Search. Made sure they were comfortably seated before I sat down myself. The chairs were around a circular table with each one equidistant from the others. In the center of the table candles burned.

Once we were seated I spent a moment admiring the view. We were on one of the balconies of the castle, looking out over the forests and fields that made up Equestria. Above us in the sky stars twinkled and the moon shone brightly. Down in Equestria I could see the lights of several buildings from the different towns and villages. I don't know if Ponyville exists in my shard, but I could see a small town where I imagined it would be.

Finally I returned my attention to the two girls I was in a relationship with now, “I want to apologize right now in case I mess this up. I don't know what I'm doing but I'll try my best.”

Forest trails rolled her eyes, “Admit it My Treasure, despite your preemptive apology you'll apologize endless the second you think you do anything wrong. It's going to take both of use to hold you down and stop you.”

Quick Search raised an eyebrow, “Is he really that bad? I mean I know he's apologized a lot recently, but I thought that might have just been the medication.”

Forest Chuckled, “It's even worse, but don't worry, he has a good heart.”

“Oy!” I interjected, “I'm right here.”

Forest gave a laughing, “Suck it up,” at the same time that Quick Search looked chagrined and gave a quiet, “Sorry.”

Forest put on a look for mock horror, “Sweet Celestia, now there are two of you!”

Quick Search and I both said “Sorry,” and then looked at each and then suddenly broke out laughing. We just both found it amusing. Eventually even Forest joined in.

As we sat eating Forest and I shared some of our stories with Quick Search. Expanding on things that we had done when she asked. We talked about the fight with the squidlike Kraken. As I was finishing up I asked if she would like to come back and join us on our adventure.

Quick Search thought about it for a while, and she lingered over the last few bites of her meal, “I don't know. I haven't had much to do with the mail recently and my normal work has been also going pretty slow. Not too much bad weather this time of year.”

“Come on,” Forest Trails said, “It'll be fun. We're on an expedition I expect will take us to many of the Equestrian temples.”

“Haven't you been to both the major ones?” Quick Search asked confused.

I pondered that, “Well there is Tyrentlestia for sure. Also the one that's obsessed with cake. The Schemer, and the Ditz. Maybe more. It should be interesting. Even when we are done that I think your forgetting the ones to Luna.”

“You think their might be temples to Luna?” Quick Search asked, looking more interested.

Forest Trails shrugged, “Of course there are. She has even more aspect than Celestia.”

“Really?” I asked, now intrigued myself.

Forest nodded, “Of course. We've seen less of her allowing us to characterize her in more ways.”

“I'm going to do research so I have an idea of what we are getting into. This sounds fun!” I turned to Quick Search, “So what do you think?”

“Yeah, I'll go talk with my Coworkers and Halo and then meet up with you sometime tomorrow. Though I'll probably need to ask Celestia for a lift,” Quick Search finally decided.

I grinned giving her a hug in reality which Treasure Island mirrored. Forest Trails slipped around and gave us both a hug at the same time squeezing Quick Search and Susland together. We laughed it off, and then Quick search had to head home so we made our farewells. Before she went though I let her know that I was off visiting my parents for Thanksgiving.

Afterwards as we lay there I talked with Forest Trails about how odd it felt to be at that dinner. She asked me one question that I've been thinking over since yesterday. “Did you enjoy it?”



Did I enjoy the date? I don't know. I mean I did. It was a lot of fun. But on the other hand it felt strange. I was consistently worried about hurting one or the other. I was watching what I said carefully. I was worried what other might think. I enjoyed it, but it was rather stressful.

Sometimes I wish I was in Equestria where I knew things would work out instead of in the real world with all its uncertainties. I feel horrible for saying this, but I sometimes feel that Forest Trails has a better life than I do. She doesn't seem worried about this at all. And she doesn't need to be. No one in Equestria would judge her, and to her, this type of relationship is normal.

And What Did I Do Today You May Ask?

Well, to be honest, not too much, couldn't do much till I was in bed, because I was in the car with my parents. Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow. Pretty much all I did was log on and talk with Forest Trails and Quick Search about where we are heading next, then sat down to finish my account of last night as Jim Hawkens flew in the direction we had decided on.

Quick Search managed to find some land in the distance. We can't tell much from here, but it seems to have a grey cloud over it hiding it from view. Not sure what to make of it, but it looks like it might be scary in some way.

Man, this felt like a long day driving with my parents. Feels like almost a year passed me by.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the Delay. Upcoming chapters won't be daily, but they should come out faster than this one did.

In other news I have a new job that pays decently, and on that job I slipped and stabbed myself in the leg with a knife. On the upside, at least it's better than the stomach. So for now I'm healing up and I remembered this story and decided to continue it on. Sorry for the breaking of character.

Also as of this post, only a single day has passed.

Comments ( 17 )

woo update:unsuresweetie:

Time in shards work at different rates.

:obligatory "IT LIVES!" comment:

Wow, welcome back!

NaN

Welcome back! I'm glad you're doing better, though life certainly has a way to stab at our fortunes, in your case more literally than others. Well, it looks like this adventure wasn't over after all. Let's dust off this gem and continue filing.

All OOC I guess.

Oh no, you have two women who love you and are willing to share. Woe. Woe and misery. Whatever will you do? :ajbemused:

I kid, I kid. Really, I think you're handling the situation admirably. As long as the three of you are open and honest with one another, I think you'll be fine.

...I still think it's weird that you've turned EO into a dating sim somehow. Not even simulated in one case.

(OOC: Glad to see this back. I'm looking forward to more. Here's hoping for no complications with the stabbed leg.)

I can't wait to see the 'oh shit' he'll go through when Celestia reveals Uploading.

I was begining to worry about you...:rainbowhuh:

OOC so are you only updating this once a year?

OK it's been over a year now. We could really use an update. :pinkiesad2:

3196301
Ok it's been 2 years now. I am starting to wonder if you are still alive. Especially since it's been over a year since you have even been on the website.

Didn't the author upload?

9775700
Last seen March 11, 2019

So the author is no longer active here. Too bad, this was very enjoyable.

And yes, I expected this would end with the author uploading, but that has not happened yet.

10028796
That you know of. :trollestia:

Considering that we seem to have a three year existence failure, having uploaded is a possibility.

Login or register to comment